Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Better notification control, especially sound options

Right now (3/5/19 update) the only options for sound notifications are All; call, mention, and chat; Off.

I want sound notifications for call, but not chat or mention. Grouping calls with chats for sound notifications is odd - calls are usually important but sound notifications for every chat message is excessive.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow "Website" App for SharePoint.com URL's in GCC

It was previously stated that it is difficult for Microsoft to add the "Website" app to Microsoft Teams in GCC due to concerns over compliance. If opening up to any URL is a concern or difficult item to address, how about allowing links to *.sharepoint.com? This would allow users in Teams to have a more integrated experience and allow use of applications that are coming from trusted sources.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Government  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mac Teams Helper: Takes up too much CPU and makes app almost unusable

I can't use teams with out it lagging severely. When I go and look at the processes running, It always looks like the 'helper' is taking up crazy amounts of CPU and it lags out the application to the point of it almost being unusable.

I've tried closing the application, rebooting, re-installing, checking for updates, etc.. nothing works.

I'm on macOS Mojave 10.14.2

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Converting space to non breaking space

It seems that recently Teams starting converting space characters to non breaking space characters. The text with non breaking spaces doesn't work the same, e.g. a search query that not fails.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Turn Praise into trackable badge app

We already love the Praise option, and we hope Microsoft can enable some tracking so people can see how many "praises" they get and of the various types. Find a way to make them into badges after so many of a certain type are received. Give a way to track this via analytics data.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. Many customers have asked for reporting capabilities around Praise, so this will be one of our top items in the list of things we want to add to Praise in the future.

6. Distribution Lists in Teams

In Skype for Business client I can add a Distribution List as a Contact Group.

Can we have this feature in Teams?

352 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support on-call shifts.

I would like to create an on-call schedule for employees who are required to be on standby for multiple days. Shifts can currently be a maximum of 23h and 45min long. This prevents the creation of on-call shifts that routinely last for weeks.
    Suggestion: Support multi-day shifts, full 24h shifts, or support on-call schedules natively.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. View bookmark for Saved messages

I appreciate the new Reactions for messages. However, I also rely very heavily on Saving messages. Since adding the new Reactions, the bookmark for saved messages is no longer visible on the message without opening the context menu -- this is very inconvenient. Please display the bookmark again on the message! Thanks

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. When I select the "Reply all with IM" in Outlook it only opens a Teams chat window with the sender, same as "Reply with IM"

I turned on Teams as my default IM option from Outlook, but when I select the "Reply all with IM" it only opens a Teams chat window with the sender, same as "Reply with IM". Another colleague confirmed the same behaviour. Is this a bug, or is there something else I need to do in my setup for this to work correctly?

108 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. deleting chat history

please complete deleting chat history

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow rearranging contacts and groups

The new contact list is now live but it's missing the ability to rearrange contacts and groups by drag and drop like you can now do with teams and recent conversations.

I have quite a few contacts and large groups so sorting them would be very useful.

439 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Teams meeting chats

When I have declined or been removed from a Teams meeting, I should no longer view and receive alerts on chats in that meeting.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ring on all Devices - Incoming Call

When a Call comes in, it only rings in the headphones. But as we don't wear our headphones all day long, sometimes we can't hear it ringing.

Please make an option to ring on all attached devices (speaker + headphones).

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Stop Recording on Exit

We need an option/pop-up to stop recording on meeting exit. At the moment if someone who is recording a meeting exits the meeting, the recording continues forever. What's worse is that the person who started the recording is the only one who can stop it. I "get" that part of the reason why only one person owns the recording is because of the need to associate the recording with a particular Microsoft Steam account... so what I propose are two things:

1. On exit, if you are recording, you are given a prompt to also end recording or leave it…

103 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Avoid chaos when you have a lot of teams and keep them findable with team metadata

When you have a lot of teams it becomes chaos and it's hard to find the team you are looking for. The idea is to add metadata to a team when you create it (see the attached images). With this metadata you can filter the list of available teams based on the type of team, owner(s), department, country, office location etc.

The Teams Admin should be able to configure the metadata fields in the Teams Admin Center.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enable audio recording for private calls MS Teams

Users want to have the option to record one-on-one calls in MS Teams.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow Teams Meeting Host to Toggle Meeting Entry Exit Tones Conference Bridge Settings

As an O365 global admin there is no way to let my Teams users toggle these audio conferencing meeting preferences themselves.

There is only a global setting in the Teams/Skype admin portal that lets me turn on/off these audio conference bridge settings for the entire tenant. My users need to be able to modify these settings like they could in Skype for business.

If I was hosting a large Teams meeting and running a webinar you can see how disruptive entrance and exit tones would be as participants come and go. The problem is that I can't just disable them…

192 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Provide an option to transfer the ownership of the meetings in Ms Teams

There are situations that we created ongoing recurring meetings and someone is the owner.

Now if he wants to resign or leave the group, as far as I am aware of, as an organizer, he can not re-assign those meetings to someone else or in other words transferring the ownership of our meetings.

That would be great as next step if ownership could be transferred or if multiple people can have ownership.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Adaptive Cards + Webhooks

We NEED webhooks to support Adaptive Cards. MessageCards are not flexible enough!

140 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show if call forwarded or from a call group in call history / missed calls

If an incoming call is being forwarded from another user or is being forwarded as part of a call pickup group, this is displayed in the popup call notification, however it is not displayed in the users call history. The calls just show as a missed call.

This is causing confusion for users as they see these forwarded/call group calls as missed calls and then try to return the call.

An additional column or a different 'Type' for these calls would resolve this issue.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.