Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by me (Suphatra) and I’m a real person, not a robot. I work on the Teams team and sit in engineering, and its my job to represent your voice in the design and development of this product.

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which I check religiously!

Thanks everyone for supporting Teams. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely,
Suphatra

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remember expand/collapse contact groups

The new contact list is now live and it has the option to expand and collapse contact groups. However when I restart teams the are all expanded again.

It would be better if Teams remembered when I collapse a group. then I can for example hide groups of contacts I don't use as often.

73 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Reporting Capabilities

We are after reporting capabilities to capture granular detail on activity within Teams.

We would like to have data capturing:
      1. Number of users enabled
      2. Number of daily active unique users
      3. Breakdown of devices uniquely used
      4. Number of teams created
      5. Number of teams deleted
      6. How many instant messages sent overall in the Chat
      7. How many calls made in Teams
      8. Number of files shared in channels
      9. How many combined ‘likes’ have been made over a period of time

1,015 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

98 comments  ·  Admin Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

Thank you so much for your support of the product. This request was particularly helpful and we appreciate your engagement in the surveys, comments and forum to help us design this feature. Please continue to submit ideas!

For this item, we’re making great progress. It has now entered TAP validation with a small group of tenants. Will let you know how that goes!

-Suphatra

• Skype Room System + Teams doesn't provide dial pad once a call is connected

Using a Skype Room System with an E5 license allows you to initiate a telephone call either via Skype or via Teams. When using the Teams option, you can dial a telephone # but once connected the dial pad is no longer accessible. When dialing into a conference #, this is often required in order to enter a PIN or conference code. The Skype option allows this dial pad access after a call is connected.

42 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Create alias mention groups, or mention DLs like @here (Slack has this)

Can we @mention everyone in the team at once (group) instead of using @ for every single name?

Also, can we use a different first name than the system because people goes by different name?
          It will help if we can copy and paste the @ mention for new conversation.

Basically, I'm looking to be able to create an "@" alias for different groups of people within a team.

Use Case:
          We have a team with 3 designers, 2 mobile devs, 2 strategists, and 2 web devs. It would be nice to have the ability to set up tags like…

157 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Integrate Shifts with Outlook Calendar

Once a schedule is complete in Shifts and then Shared with the team, it should show up in Outlook calendar as a separate calendar so that each individual can quickly see if there are any conflicts with other work or personal commitments. An alternative is that it populates in Planner.

14 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Why not merge Kaizala and Microsoft teams?

Why not merge Kaizala and Microsoft teams?

52 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Better visual delineation between `Reply` and `Start a new conversation`

It's very confusing to new users that there is a difference between replying to an existing conversation and starting a new one within a channel. This is a visual thing as much as anything else. The 'reply' buttons are not naturally attractive if you just want to start typing a message. There should be a logical gap between the bottom of a conversation and 'start a new conversation'. 'Start a new conversation' needs to be separated visually, as if it's a second order command rather than a first order...reply.

1,676 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

230 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  needs your feedback  ·  Suphatra responded

We need your feedback! Which button do you like best? Fill out this 3-question survey here: https://aka.ms/ComposeButtonSurvey

Also, we’re coming up against some blocks and our previous ship date of end of year is now going to be early next year. Thank you for your patience. :-)

Please fill out the survey! Tweet me @skprufo if you have any questions.

Suphatra

• Transfer to voicemail option

In Skype for Business and most other phone systems, you can select to transfer a caller directly to voicemail (receptionists use this all the time). Teams does not have this option. It is very important for folks to not transfer to a ring-ring-ring experience if they simply need to leave a voicemail.

50 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Screen Sharing - add an "actual size" button to show the presenter's desktop resolution

It is difficult for viewers with poor vision to see desktops that are shared. HDMeeting and other videoconferencing apps have a UI element to show the 'actual size' of the display resolution.

Users can use the zoom button to enhance the Teams call controls, but not the shared screen.

18 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Wiki Search

Absolutely need search capability for Wiki within Teams. A Wiki without search becomes somewhat useless as soon as you add a moderate amount of content and forces you to re-think where you want to store the information.

153 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Include Office 365 group calendar in teams

It would be good to be able to click on a calendar button on the left hand side to get a view of the Office 365 groups calendar as you would in the calendar app. Good for being able to look and get a glimpse of what is coming up with the group. At the moment I have to go back to the calendar to look at it.

7,943 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

606 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m so happy to share an update with you! The feature team has let me know that they are working hard at this and are aiming for a spring time release.

Please comment below if you might be interested in testing or TAP, and include the industry, company size, and location of your org. We would likely want to hit a very wide range of demographics.

Thanks,
                          Suphatra

• Federation

Hi everyone -- I'm splitting this feature out from the "Guest Access" feature request so that you can weigh in on this specific issue and provide feedback for it here. Please write in the comments what you would like to see with Federation and I will incorporate it into this description. -Suphatra

FEDERATION REQUESTS:

#1 -- When our team have a live call meeting we can not add people to the call that doesn't belong to the team, even if they are from the same company. Additionally can we brought client which will be federated.

#2 -- Need to be…

782 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Allow direct file attachment to Planner Tasks in TEAMS

Provide ability to attach a document to a Planner Task from your Desktop (like you can do in a SP task).  Today, you have to upload the document into Teams first, then open your Planner Task and then attach by referencing the previously uploaded document.

142 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Quick Hide and Hide All Conversations

Currently in Teams it takes two mouse clicks to close a chat conversation. In Skype there is a "X" to close the conversation. This results in a single mouse click to close out a conversation window.
                              This makes it easy to rapidly close out any open conversatations you are finished with. It would be nice to have this same function in Teams.
                              The X could go either to the left of the CHAT name or next to the "...".

Also it is very easy for your "RECENT CHAT" tab to get filled up with several conversations and takes a long…

14 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Allow copying whole chat conversations

Currently, it's not possible to select & copy more than one message in a chat. When I try to select two or more messages, the focus stays on the first message making it impossible to copy whole chat.

There are some really ugly workarounds like: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Copying-conversations/td-p/62849 which I don't consider a solution of the situation.

I want to be able to select multiple messages at once and copy them by hitting CTRL+C.

417 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

73 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion! We really appreciate the feedback and idea. We have reviewed this request and started working on it. I’ll let you know as it nears completion.

Suphatra

• To show "seen" status

I would like MS team to show "seen" status in order to track my message is seen by someone.
                                  Thanks

29 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Download Improvements

Download Improvements

Generally the download experience with Teams is pretty poor and I'm amalgamating suggestions in to one

- Configuration of download location other than default download folder
                                    - Download progress and fixing of hanging UI when downloading file
                                    - Permanent notification to user in chat/team room or even a downloaded management area showing downloaded files with a direct link to open file
                                    - Ability to open file directly from notification
                                    - Ability to open folder from all areas download is listed
                                    - Ability to download to a different one time location from the file hamburger menu

50 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Be able to choose different device for ringing

When I don't have my headset on I cannot hear when somebody calls.
                                      Should have an option to ring on a different device e.g. Skype 7.41.x. See attached.

31 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Spell check in muliple languge

It would be nice if it was possible to have the Teams desktop app in one languge and spell checking in multiple languge and at the same time customize date and time format.

E.g. I would like to have Teams in English, have spell checking in English and Danish, and have date and time format in "Danish".

165 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  31 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Mute a channel - (Mute Chat is complete)

I'd love to keep groups/channels in my list, but mute a channel so I don't get those. I get notified whenever some tags a channel eg @General, it's super distracting!

Also would like the possibility to mute a group chat, so no sound or mobile notification should be received for a user that chooses to mute some group chat.

664 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

101 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                            working on it  ·  Warren responded

Mute a channel is still being worked upon. The team is still hard at work on this item. No updates at this time.

-Warren

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base