Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.   

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Public groups

Add the option to create a list with groups that already exist on the company. So we can contact someone from the team on the designated group without creating a Team and having infinitives teams created.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search for Jira Issue number

When a new Jira Issue is posted to a channel, the title of the Issue is searchable, but not the content. I would at least like to be able to search for the Jira Issue number.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to opt out of notification on macbook pro

Option to opt out of notification on macbook pro

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please enable file send without message send

When you want to send a file you attach a file to a chat. It is annoying to have to type a message before the send button works. It should be possible to attach file then send.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Adding a separate notificiation option for group chats.

I do not wanna see a pop-up message when i recieve a new message in a group chat. I would like to recieve a pop-up message when i get messaged directly.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Integrate with Microsoft AutoUpdate on Mac

It would make managing the app easier for those of us who use a MAU caching/manifest server.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Received a call while on a call, and i was unable to see who it was or how to answer or join.

Received a call while on a call, and i was unable to see who it was or how to answer or join.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Share documents on OneDrive for business in multiple teams

I'd like to be able to a file I have created on OneDrive for business with multiple teams.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Chat via Siri

With Siri on apple i can say i.e. iMessage to Manuel or WhatsApp to Peter and dictate my message. Siri is handling the rest.

Would be great to see this with teams.

"Hey Siri, Teams to Peter Pan" and there it goes...

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Separating Favorites’ personal and group chat sessions. and dragging them around so that one’s Favorites appear on top

For the “Favorites” in Chat, there is no way to prioritize chat sessions.

Personal and group chats are mixed.

When there are several chats in the Favorites, it is often hard to find a particular person or group chat session to which I would like to continue the previous conversation.

I often make mistakes of chatting with a wrong person or group.

I suggest the following:

One. Separating Favorites’ personal and group chat sessions.

Two. User should be able to drag the chat sessions around so that one’s Favorites appear on top, as in with the Channel Favorites.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Members who can't add/edit Channels are still able to change the Channel's folder name which breaks the Files tab

As we know, if someone renames the folder, it breaks the Files tab in the Channel.

... But you would think that if a Team Member's Team permissions do not allow them to add/edit/delete channels, they couldn't edit the Channel's folder name. But they can.

And then the Channel is broken - the Files tab has a message "These files are no longer available Check to see if site is available and try again"

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Copying from Visual Studio and Pasting into Teams should keep colors and formatting.

Copying and pasting from Visual Studio into teams should keep the source formatting and color. Copying from VS to MS Word to Teams keeps the formatting.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Prevent users from Adding Team

Need a way to prevent any user from creating new teams (and therefore a 365 Group).

I set GroupCreation to $false for the default policy but users in the default policy are still able to create teams. Please advise when I can expect this to be resolved.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. email notifications not working when using mentions or updating files or adding to the conversation

email notifications not working when using mentions or updating files or adding to the conversation

case # 617081692195647

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add a clickable @ symbol next to the person's name in a message

I thought it would be good to have the @ symbol next to a person's name in a message, so that when you're replying to a conversation and want to mention someone, instead of typing out their name, you could just left-click the @ symbol next to their name and have it automatically added to the chat window.

If this is not very user-friendly due to the smaller size of the @ symbol, make the whole name clickable, so you can quickly mention a person by simply left-clicking their name. At the moment it's just plain text.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Planner item description

It would be nice if the planner item description had some formatting options. I use this to add details with headers/bullet points/strikethrough etc. Thanks!

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Floating menu on top left corner

It would be handy to have the normal floating menu on top left corner of the window. Almost all the windows programs have this menu.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow popups in tabs

I added an internal website that requires AAD auth, but AAD doesn't seem to be able to sign in with MFA, which I'm guessing is because of the popup :-(

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Display the date and time of whena message was sent

I'd like to see the time next to the message if it was sent today. And I would like the date and time for any older messages.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

we have this!  ·  12 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base