Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.   

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Esc to cancel editing message

When you choose to edit an existing message, there is no immediately obvious way to cancel editing it if you change your mind. It should be possible to stop editing by pressing esc or clicking outside the text field or both.

Furthermore, if you choose to cancel editing a message, the Teams client should remember the edited version of the message so you can pick up revising the message at a later point.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. PowerBi tab should also show dashboards

For the moment the PowerBI tabs can only show reports it should be extended to also show dashbords

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can we please have notifications for things like adding planner tasks that are assigned to a specific person?

Add a desktop alert or email or both for Tasks added in Planner or other apps that would require letting someone know they have something to do.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Opt out rather than opt in for following a channel in a Team you're a member of.

I spend half an hour or so after creating a new team or channel getting people to follow the channel.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add dropdown/foldering for the tabs in each channel

It would be nice to have the option to have dropdowns for tabs so we can group different types of tabs together. Having to use the "x more" dropdown is frustrating as the channel grows. An alternative would be implementing a wrapper for the tabs but that might not be the most appealing or user friendly way to do it.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Better sending of files between team and personal OneDrives.

It would be awesome to be able to send files from my personal OneDrive (in the Files section) to one of the team drives.

When you right click it could say "Send to team...". If you click on it, it will pop out a list of your teams. You select a team, and it pops up with a dialogue similar to the Share File dialogue in chat to choose where to save it.

Additionally, in the Team > Channel > Files tab, there could be a Add File from My OneDrive, that pops up with a Dialogue similar to the…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to share Office 365 Videos from the Video channel

Required ability to share the Office 365 Videos (through embed code). So that it is possible to have conversation around the video.

Or

Have a separate Video Channel/hub for each Team.

Thank you.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Zapier

Bring Zapier integration! Please Please Please!!

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make Application Authentication Non Repetitive

Everytime I need to access Box, I'm required to re-authorize MS Teams access to box. This is very burdensome. The token shouldn't have to be continually refreshed.

Similarly, anytime I click on a MS Planner tab, I'm forced to re-login to planner. Why not just grab a token and save the user all this hassle?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Office 365 Groups and Team Membership

It is possible to get into an orphaned Team state where there are no "Owners" within Teams, but adding a member to O365 group does not add that as the owner within Teams.

This makes it possible to lock yourself out of Teams if the last owner leaves the team, it is not possible to add another member.

We tested this on May 19th/20th. Removing a member from the O365 did not remove them from Teams, and an Owner on the O365 group could not see the team unless they were added from within Teams.

When adding a member to…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Connectors stop working when the creator leaves the team

We have found when a user leaves a Team or is removed from a Team all of the connectors for that user stop functioning. They remain, which is critical, so another user can read and replace the defunct connector.

Would be great if they continued to function or if there was a way to transfer to another user or have another user assume control.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Suphatra responded

This is a known issue — will update you when I have more info.

Suphatra

12. Power BI - Reload Tab Needs to Work Properly

The reload tab button on a Power BI Report doesn't do anything. the tab just flashes and it doesn't attempt to pull the newest version of the report, if it is available. This needs to be fixed to avoid having to re-launch teams to fix reports that are stuck with old data.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Remember the last folder you where in when you attach links from OneDrive

When attaching files from OneDrive remember the previous location rather than navigation through the folders every time.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Don't use Comic Sans on the stickers.. Especially the Design ones.

It's basically a way to guarantee it won't get used by designers.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add a customization option for keybinding to add new line in the compact edit window.

Others messengers can choose Ctrl+Enter, Alt+Enter, Shift+Enter or Enter etc

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Import groups from Yammer.

Although it is somewhat cannibalistic, there should be a way to import groups and group members from Yammer into similarly structured teams

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Don't return user to Conversation Tab when selecting different Channels

I'm looking for a file and I think it's in a particular channel. I have the channel selected and I've clicked the files tab. If the file isn't there, I'll click another channel name, but the display changes to the conversation tab for this second channel, requiring me to click the Files tab again. It's a second click that I don't want to have to make. If I then want to look in a third channel, it can get very tedious very quickly.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Too much Network usage

Teams takes up too much network usage on startup (I think when navigating to a chat with many GIFs).

It may not be noticeable on a network with unlimited fast internet, but on a network with 4mb down and 2mb up, it is. I saw in task manager Microsoft Teams is using 2-3mb of the network. This stays like this for quite a while.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Unable to view smileys

Unable to send or view smileys.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Format correctly for copy and paste

When copy and pasting from an excel cell Teams is maintaining the cell formatting, causing for the text to need a scroll box to read correctly. Given Teams is not Excel it should be employing word wrapping to display the text correctly.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base