Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. International settings are false

Why Microsoft still binds country and language? For example Finland is a bilingual country and the official languages are Finnish and Swedish. Yet Sweden has slight differencies for eaxample in date format. Thus choosing Swedish/Sweden is not the correct choice. Another problem comes with the fact that I am working in an international company where the software language is English. This is also reasonable due the fact that local translations are not always correct and all bug fixes are not localized nor there may be a localized version available. But since I motly write in Finnish, I definitely like to…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Open in Word/Excel/PowerPoint as Default

It would be great if Teams would have the ability to always launch the desktop app when opening Office documents as opposed to launching the online version.

Rest of teams is awesome.

6,436 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

619 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your continued feedback. The feature team is actively working on this feature as well as doing work to give users the choice to open Word/Excel/PowerPoint files by default in Browser, Office app or inside the Teams app. We will share an update here as soon as one is available.

3. 14,766 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1852 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! Our team is currently working on a significant update to add a broader and more diverse selection of emojis to Teams. We will share an update as soon as one is available.

The ability to add custom emojis and custom reactions is still under review, and we will share an update as soon as one is available.

4. Allow sending audio and video message

Allow users to send Audio and Video message just like WhatsApp and other messages tools.

600 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

102 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

Great news! We just started working on this for the AUDIO portion. We are still trying to determine feasibility for the video portion of your request.

-Suphatra

5. Fix SharePoint List Quick Edit Error

I love the fact that we can add a SharePoint list as a tab in Teams. Unfortunately, a Quick Edit view always freezes and will not let users exit it.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  0 comments  ·  Lists App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Rename of Team Channel doesn't rename associated Sharepoint files Folder

When renaming a Team Channel, the associated Sharepoint folder continues with it's previous name. This could lead to confusion.

14,094 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

821 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Teams Meetings appear to take a lot of CPU (avg 32%)

When running a Teams Meeting on my Surface Pro i7 (2017), my screen-sharing, video meeting used about 30-32% of my CPU constantly. This seems different than Skype for Business. My battery life went from 100% to 35% over the 2 hour meeting.

234 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. meeting reminders

Regardless of where a meeting is created, Outlook or Microsoft Teams, the 15 minute reminders and the like should generate a notification from Microsoft teams to the user, either a popup dialogue window or otherwise.

2,721 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

370 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Proofing tools (spell check, theasaurus, autocorrect)

One of the defining features of office down the years has been the proofing tools (i.e. Spell checker, theasaurus, autocorrect, grammar checker). I would love to see these come to Teams.

The way I envisage this working is as I'm typing a message the famous red/blue/green squigglies that we've all become familiar with should show up.

Most of all I'd like autocorrect (i.e. a spelling correction that I've used previously automatically gets applied as I type). Stretch goal for this, have a single set of autocorrects that work across all of Office 365, including the client apps.

Some people might…

3,731 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  372 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Copy & Paste is tempermental

Users reporting multiple copy/paste issues for text:

1. Can't paste multi-messages. Often, only the first line pastes, the rest disappear. As one user puts it: "On the Windows 10 desktop client it is nearly impossible to copy multiple messages from the chat history. A fraction of a second after letting go of the mouse, the highlight collapses down to a single message."

2. Can't paste in general: "Copy & Paste is tempermental, when i try to paste text in from other sources it simply doesn't paste, but then if I only copy a few (3-6) words then it does. It means I…

993 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

168 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Maintain Australian English Language Settings on Desktop Application Update

Microsoft has advised us that:-

We have discussed this issue with Teams desktop client language with our technical advisor and we have found that Teams desktop client only picks up the OS language when you have set a Teams supported language in the OS and unfortunately, English Australia is not a supported language for MS Teams. Hence the users need to setup the English Australia manually in Teams desktop client and by design it will switch back to the default English UK when Teams client is signed out or uninstalled or auto updated.
    Refer: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/change-your-display-language-in-microsoft-teams-293792c3-352e-4b24-9fc2-4c28b5de2db8
    We request you to share…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enable Macbook Pro Touch Bar controls for Teams

Would be great to do clever shortcuts in Teams using the touch bar on Macbook Pros

698 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

114 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Increase duration for desktop notifications

The channel/team on which the notification has been made should stay more/better/longer visible so that you won't miss one.

2,950 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

299 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Once support for Windows 10 native notifications is released, users who choose to use Windows notifications will be able to utilize Windows OS specific settings for the length of time to display notifications. Mac does not have an OS specific setting, so will not have the support.

14. Advance Whiteboard Features

Advance whiteboard features would add massive value to remote teams like icon & photo finder, wireframes templates, idea voting,web page capture or via URL, prebuilt templates (eg.Strategy, Agile, ideation, mind maps, sixsigma tools...)... A good inspiration can be found in Realtimeboard or Mural.

211 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are working on improving the Microsoft Whiteboard in Teams to include new features including sticky notes, pen and ink, and drag and drop capabilities. These features will enable team members who don’t have access to a touchscreen or Surface Hub to participate in whiteboarding sessions during Teams meetings. You can read more details here: https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-365/blog/2020/07/08/reimagining-virtual-collaboration-future-work-learning/.

15. Improve chat history search

It looks like those designing the Chat are not really using it. Searching the chat history is still an awful experience:
    1. When you are in a conversation with a person and want to search for something, you want BY DEFAULT the results from the conversation with THAT person. But no, the smart designer of Chat was thinking to flood you first with a lot of results and then to ask you for few additional clicks to filter what you need...
    Please change the default to show the results for the current conversation or add another quick find or provide…

1,185 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

106 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Scaling pictures don't work

The possibility to scale a picture in a wiki article seems to have stopped working. Since the day before yesterday one can only scale the pictures that's been uploaded in the past, a new picture is one size and impossible to scale. Is this a known issue?

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Search results should show the full thread

Searching for something works (mostly), however if the thing you're search for is sufficiently far back in time, then it's nigh impossible to actually get results back. Clicking the message says "go to chat to see the rest", but clicking on that does nothing but take you back to the chat at the current time, rather than the target message. If you bookmark the message and try to get at the location in chat via that, then the client just lags and eventually crashes. (while chewing up 100% CPU) Tried the desktop client (developer preview), web client Chrome, web client…

570 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

78 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Use same date and time format as in my computer's settings

Many people like to use English as their display language, but get confused with the US date format: 11/06 is October 6 in the US, but June 11 in many other countries. Why not display the date according to the setting in Windows?

Same goes for time, of course, where many use 24 hour format instead of am and pm.

3,016 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

297 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Search Public and Private Teams

Users report its very difficult for their peers to find a team that they have created. This hinders their ability to increase team membership.

Other users report its frustrating that they can't just search ALL the teams at their organization -- that only a small fraction are surfaced to them in their "Suggested" view.

The capability to view Public Teams when you click on "Create Team" is great.

HOWEVER... it would be a better user experience if there was a prominent button or link called "Search for Teams".

Teams needs this discovery capability to avoid the duplication of Team areas…

704 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

104 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

Unfortunately we hit some snags and this has moved back to “working on it”. The team is working to make some corrections and I hope to have a release date in the near future. I’ll keep you posted with what I hear.
    -Warren

20. Stop scrolling while I type a message.

When I am typing a message, whether in chat or channel, the conversation window scrolls up for as long as I'm typing for. A message this long will scroll up a few dozen lines, while a much longer message will scroll to the beginning of the conversation.

131 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

This year-old bug has popped back up, as some of you may have noticed.

It is only affecting users who are scrolled at 85%. If you are experiencing this, please send me user logs so the team can crush this bug!

Thank you :-)
    Suphatra

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base