Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Your team has reached the maximum number of private channels

Today we attempted to create a new private channel and received the following error "Your team has reached the maximum number of private channels".

OMG everyone at my company is going to KILL ME. I moved our entire organization off Slack to Teams and to streamline communication we went with a company Team and then inside that Team we create private channels for targetted audience communication. This was done to avoid having to create multiple teams then add everyone who would ever have to communicate with any of the channels inside the team.

In slack they had no limitation on…

141 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

16 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. sound notification

The sound you updated to during the week of March 6 is HORRIBLE. Please give us an option to change sounds for chat notifications the same way we can change sounds for the phone calls

157 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Copy conversation link in a private channel

I'd like to be able to copy a conversation link in a private channel, like you can for a public channel. This presently doesn't exist. I would imagine the link would appear as a dead link (not authorized), to anyone not in the private channel.

186 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. live event attendee list

Live Event Attendee List (during the event)

Except for the people who are part of the organisation team (producers & presenters), a producer cannot see during the webinar WHO is attending it. For me, having a report AFTER the webinar is not enough.

This idea was already discussed in the MS Teams Community, and it was suggested to post an idea here, but I didn't find any, so here you go ;)
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/education_ms/forum/all/microsoft-teams-live-event-attendee-list/aec2c57f-6dc6-4c4c-a558-5ced31037f66

308 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add an option to disable auto-adjusting mic level

When on the call the Teams will automatically adjust the mic sensitivity level. I want it to stay at the same level. It's really annoying as it picks up background sounds when not talking. Also, it doesn't readjust it after the call, so i.e. if I had set level 50% before the call the Teams will readjust it to 80% and it will stay at 80% after the call has ended. This forces me to keep manually adjusting the mic level. It's a minor thing, but really infuriating. Would be really great, to just have a checkbox to disable mic…

609 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

120 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Video Call Background default and settings to the account Settings drop down

Add Video Call Background default and settings to the account Settings drop down. This way the background can be set before the call and a default set so you don't have to keep going into the settings.

115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 118 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Use tags and distribution lists for invites.

During an ad-hoc channel meeting. Have the ability to use tags or distribution lists to invite while in meeting.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to create breakout rooms during the session

it would be great to have the ability to create breakout rooms into the session, for big groups you can do some virtual activities and designing small groups, the owner could start and stop the breakout rooms to have all back again to the main session

107 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Enable gallery view for Teams Live Events

Enable gallery view of all presenters in a Teams Live Event to the attendees so they are able to see video of all presenters at same time.

108 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. End meeting means End meeting

Once the meeting has ended, no more people can join it or get back in, no more people can write in the associated chat. Ending the meeting actually ends the meeting completely and no more contributions to that meeting can be made

Referred from

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/removing-scheduled-meetings-from-the-posts-tab-after-they-ve/m-p/1340067

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Planner for Private Channels

Would like to use the Planner inside private channels. For instance, we have a team about a specific technology/project, and we have created private channel to discuss about new sales/pipeline of that project, and we don´t want everybody to have access to its discussion and/or related agenda (Planner).

But, when I try to create a Planner into this private channel, it doesn´t appear at the list, Planner only appears for non-private channels, like "General". Therefore, I cant have a Planner for a private channel, and I am using ASANA, which I can plug-in my Private Channel at Teams.

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. More than one person on live event screen

It would be WONDERFUL to have more than one webcam showing in a live event. This would allow for a panel discussion and proper virtual interaction/debate between presenters. Similar to what GoToWebinar has
    Is this in the pipeline?

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Live Event - Producer voice isolation

We held our first teams Live Event yesterday, on the whole it was amazing. My only gripe is that as producer I would like the option to be able to speak to the presenters without the attendees being able to hear.

Thanks

Edd

115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Introduce breakout room functionality

We have a business requirement for breakout rooms with live events. The idea is pretty simple - we plan to use live events to host internal staff training webinars and as part of that, at times we will ask for small groups of people (typically 4-5) to go away into a breakout room and come back to the group with their answer/idea.

We would like to see this functionality be introduced to Microsoft Teams for not only live events but also video calls. This would provide feature parity with pre-existing tools such as Zoom, WebEx and many more which would…

10,235 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

607 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Schedule Meetings for Multiple teams

Add the option to schedule a meeting with multiple Teams. For instance, I have multiple classes I teach, and at times I would like for the meeting to appear in multiple Teams. Currently you can only schedule one channel/Team.

103 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Teams meeting - lock the meeting

The meeting host should have the possibility to look/anlock a meeting, so that no one additional can join the meeting after it is looked. Excample: in a director meeting I'm invited to present a special topic. Then, I have to leave and the meeting host can lock the meeting so that I cant't join again. Otherwise I could join and maybe eavesdrop .

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please allow delete to chat history

There is no option to delete chat history.. Could yo please provide option to delete chat.

146 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Colour categories in Calendar

It would be really useful for the Outlook colour categories to show in the Teams calendar. I rely heavily on these to make sense of my calendar with a large number of appointments and in the current release of calendar this will make me likely to still revert back to Outlook rather than use Teams for calendar management.

483 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Disable chat temporarily during meetings

Please allow meeting organizer to temporarily disable chat during a meeting.
    We often have people so focused on the chat, they don't pay any attention to the actual meeting.
    We'd love to be able to turn off chat at the beginning of the meeting, and then turn it back on at an appropriate point.

103 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base