Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Blink Icon for unread messages

Teams icon pinned in taskbar doesn't blink orange anymore when I receive new messages. I cannot find an option to turn this. Was this removed?

345 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

working on it  ·  54 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrate Presence in Outlook contacts from Teams

Whenever Team is running the presence should show on the Outlook contacts. When composing emails and adding users, it should show the presence of Team. It currently works only for skype for business.

797 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

85 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. See who attended a meeting vs. accepted the invite

I'd like to know who actually attended a meeting AFTER the meeting is over, vs. a list of who accepted the invitation. Often these two lists do not match. I know that the "Attendees" list is inaccurate as I appeared in an overnight meeting as an attendee, but I know I did not attend the meeting at all.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow service numbers from a SIP trunk via Teams Direct Routing

Could you please add support for service numbers (usable with auto attendant or call queues) that come from a SIP trunk connected via Direct Routing? It doesn't make sense to support BYOT with Teams Direct Routing but not having the possibility to use the numbers on the SIP trunk as service numbers for an auto attendant or a call queue.

377 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. -HiddenFromExchangeClientsEnabled = true when created from Teams?

A recent update has changed -HiddenFromExchangeClientsEnabled from default false to default true when Office 365 group is created by Teams. I would like an option for the user who creates the team to set this value upon creation. Our users need to use the O365 group as well as the team created in Teams. With this value set to true they cannot use the email functionality of the O365 group unless I use powershell to change the value every time someone creates a new team in Teams.

This post was created because of a suggestion from support and the information…

486 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improve Install options - Install for all users and install location

Raising this again as Microsoft closed the previous request, saying it was complete even though it was not. (link below)

Teams should install to the program files directory, not the users AppData.

And NO, the answer is not to put a copy of the MSI in Pogram Files and deploy to the users AppData when they login.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17380159-improve-install-options-install-for-all-users-an

444 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. shifts notifications

SHIFTS: Notifications for upcoming shifts
    StaffHub sent an email to the user assigned to a Shift, to remind them of an upcoming shift. It would be very helpful to have this as an option Teams.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Deleting conversations

I would like to be able to delete a conversation when done with it. How do I do that? Doesn't seem to be a way to delete the entire message.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. appear offline

I want to access Teams content while able to "appear offline"

This is a feature request regarding the presence capability versus other offline features that want to use Teams while disconnected.

This feature allows
    People to do work at off hours without being interrupted.
    People to look or retrieve content which has no concept of presence.

For those concerned about abuse of an appear offline feature and enabling presence liars, users can still lie and set any of the current presence states with the same intention.

I can be connected to the network and use Outlook, OneNote, SharePoint, etc. and…

99 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. popout chat window

Currently the Teams icon on Win10 flashes for any kind of activity, which is distracting. Provide option to popout chat in it's own window, so there is a separate taskbar icon for Teams chat. Usually I care more about responding to chat messages than pay attention to every activity within Teams

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow to share screen to External Contacts directly through Chat

Allow to share screen to External Contacts directly through Chat. Currently we can only share our screen to external contacts when in a meeting. We can share screen to our internal colleagues but not to External Users. We will be needing to add them as a Guest Users first.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. delete full chats

we need to be able to delete chats; full chats not indiv messages; i have too many chats i dont even need anymore

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Incorporate Dante audio

The integration of Dante enabled audio for Teams Rooms will provide network integration of large room audio systems. This will ease incorporation with existing facilities as well as facilitate new installations.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Enable drag&drop for Shifts

Enable/devolp the feature to drag&drop (move/copy) shifts in the integrated shifts-app in teams and allow multiple selection of shifts by holding the "CTRL" key.

106 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  3 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Show more than 4 active people in video calls

Teams is limited to showing 4 video streams at a time, it would be better if we had some control over that. We do a morning standup every morning with 8 remotes, it would be great if we could see them at all times.

768 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

97 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Need PHONE SYSTEM licenses from Office 365 Business licenses (not just Enterprise)!

Currently MS Teams can only add phone functionality at the Enterprise level. O365 prevents users at the Office 365 Business Premium from accessing phone services. Changing from Business Premium to E3 is an extra $7.50/mo plus phone access at $8/mo plus the actual domestic subscription! A personal Skype Pro number only costs $6.50 per month!

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Speed Dial for Teams IP Phones

Currently the Teams IP Phones are not useable cause in order to dial a call you have to use the onscreen keyboard to search for a contact to see presence or to dial the call. Teams IP Phones need to be able to place certain contacts on a speed dial tab that will show certain contacts and their presence status on one screen. You should be able to glance at the speed dial tab to quickly see who in your team is online and dial them.

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. TO DO

Add Microsoft To Do into Teams via Tab or connector. I can add WunderList but not To Do

230 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enable full SharePoint navigation

I've linked to a communiction SharePoint homepage in a tab in teams expecting it to essentially be the full SharePoint experience but it cuts out the navigation and literally just shows the web parts of the home page.

I want to be able to navigate the SharePoint as normal from here but from some reason Teams cuts this out.

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Keep chat contacts under groups closed/hidden

Add ability to keep chat contacts in groups closed each time the app is opened. I have a long list of people that I group by location and don't want to have to scroll through all the people or close/hide the contact under each group every time the app is opened.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.