Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow assignment of more than one individual to each task in Planner.

Currently, when I create a task I can only assign one person. If I try to assign a second person to a task the original assigned person is replaced by the new person. Thus, I am unable to assign more than one person to a task. In a team based environment it is critical to have the ability to assign more than one individual to a task.

127 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add support for Apple Watch in iOS apps

Really handy to get alerts on Apple Watch for my teams.

120 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Warren responded

I confirmed that this item is completed. Support shipped in February. Reply and notifications will work. (Reply will work if notifications are turned on.)

Please note that your phone controls notifications. You will need to ensure you have Teams notifications turned on to receive notifications and be able to reply to the notification from your Apple Watch.

-Warren

3. Grouping of notifications for mobile apps

I'd like to see the mobile apps either group notifications or show that you have "multiple notifications" (perhaps one for each chat), instead of as it is now when you get one for each single message - this quickly pollutes the message center.

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Suphatra responded

This was done in July. I saw a few comments after July from folks who said they weren’t seeing this on their phones. Let me know if that’s still the case — just email at sparavi@microsoft.com. Likely it’s been fixed on your phones by now.

Thanks!
    Suphatra

4. Make ordinary phone calls from work number using a dialer in Teams

I can make calls from Skype for Business by entering a phone number. I couldn't find the same feature on MS Teams

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Increase user limit

Right now there is a cap at 600 users, which is preventing many of the discussion groups I belong to from switching over! Please increase the limit to be in the upper thousands.

94 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks to your feedback, we’ve done the work to get your Teams user limit from 600 to 999.

If you start adding more users, please let me know how it goes — just tweet me at @skprufo.

Cheers,
    Suphatra

6. 97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone, our meetings just got a lot smarter.

Here are a couple new things you can do:

1. Schedule a private meeting. You can schedule a private meeting with anyone in your organization! They’ll be able to join by clicking “Meetings” on the left side of the app.

2. Meetings have a smart new scheduling assistant. Our new scheduling assistant will let you know when all your invitees are free to meet. The scheduling assistant also provides a calendar view of the coming week that will show you when all your meeting attendees are busy or unavailable.

Let me know if you have any questions! If you love the scheduling assistant as much as I do, tell us on Twitter with the hashtag #MicrosoftTeams and I’ll pass it on to the dev team.

Happy Friday,
    Suphatra

Email: sparavi@Microsoft.com
    Twitter: @skprufo

7. Needs Email notification

Need a feature like Skype, so that when someone is not logged in, they get email notification if someone sent the a message they missed.
    should also be able to minimize conversations, so that unless they are expanded or active, you only see the original message.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Angela Sze responded

We currently send email notifications for missed chat messages or @-mentions in channels. Please let us know if this isn’t working for you and we will troubleshoot. Please note, we currently do not send email notifications for any missed message in a channel – this is a requested feature that is in our backlog.

8. Copying text in Microsoft Teams

The ability to copy and paste Ctrl+C works but right clicking highlighted text and trying to copy doesn't work. Personally I'm fine with it since I always use Ctrl+C but I have heard others complain about it.

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You should now be able to copy text both ways — with the Ctrl short cut as well as your right mouse click. If it doesn’t work for you, please check that you are on the latest version of the product.

9. show emails sent to Teams in the Teams interface

Emails sent to teams only show up in the Outlook Group. They should be visible in the Team interface as well. One location, multiple inputs.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have this now! When you email a Teams channel, it will show up in the channel with the email message visible to the channel. You will also be able to see the sender and download the email.

10. search tool needs to search notes content

The search tool in MS Teams needs to provide results from content within notes & the files saved to the Teams site.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The search tool can search through files. After you type a term into the search field, just click the “Files” tab that will appear underneath the search field. That will retrieve all the files that have that search term in its content. Let me know if you have any questions!

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

Twitter: @skprufo

11. Display message on the notification

When a message is going to notify me, I'd like to see the message in the notification instead of a general "XXX has replied to your message", etc.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature is available!

Thank you for the suggestions.

-Warren

12. 64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Angela Sze responded

We have released this feature for iOS and Android! Please let us know what you think!

13. Integrate Notes with Meetings

When I have a meeting, I want the option of adding a note to it, that would then be added to collaboratively and saved in the appropriate channel

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature was completed and is available to the public.

As always, thank you for the feedback and support!
    -Warren

14. Integrate Outlook email into chat

I want to attach an email to my response

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Have ability to start or answer a voice call on the mobile client

I get a notification if someone calls me, but I can't answer, I just get chat

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  v-brorob responded

Hi – Works everywhere except for Windows Phone now

16. Support multi-byte character for Team

It is very nice if Team name allows multi-byte character. Currently it failed with following message in Japanese.

次の文字はサポートしていません: ~#%&*{}+/\:<>?

it means "Following characters are not supported : ~#%&*{}+/\:<>?"

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Mutli-byte support is available. Closing this request as completed.

17. Files deleted in channel, not in SharePoint Recycle Bin

I have a channel in Teams called; Phil-Test
    In SharePoint (Office 365 Groups), I then have a folder called; Phil-Test
    (It relates as you would expect)

In that folder is a file called; Phil-Test.docx
    That file is in the Teams under Files. It is also in the respective Office 365 Group

Issue:
    Good: If I delete the file from SharePoint (Office 365 Group), it goes to the SharePoint Recycle Bin
    Bad: If I delete the file from insite the Teams, the file disappears completely, and is NOT in the SharePoint Recycle Bin

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve implemented easier file recovery a couple months ago. So if you are afraid that deleted file is lost forever—don’t worry! Now, deleted files that were originally shared in a channel or a SharePoint tab will get sent to your SharePoint Recycle Bin. That way, if you ever need to recover a deleted file, you can head over to SharePoint and dig it out of the trash, so to speak.

18. Add Gif in app on IOS

Totally love Microsoft team :) It would be greater if IOS users can send GIF via mobile app

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Provide the option to save login credentials on the Windows client. :)

Provide the option to save login credentials on the Windows client. Presently the Windows client doesn't save login credentials nor provide the option for doing so. :)

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This has been working for a while now, so am closing out this ticket.
    Please let me know if you have more feedback around presence!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base