Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pin dial pad

I make a lot off calls. Having to click the calls > dial a number is very annoying. I would like to request that the dial pad is permanently available, or at least the option to pin it so I don't have to click the Dial a Number option every time I want to make a call. There's plenty of room for it!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. View Pinned Chats in mobile app

Showing pinned chats t the top of the Recent Chat list works great in the desktop app. It is especially nice for pinning named group chats. But this functionality doesn't appear in the mobile app. Users should also be able to view pinned chat groups in the mobile app.

319 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Room Systems - Voice Commands for Touchless Meetings

As we think about returning to offices due to the Coronavirus pandemic, we are looking for ways to make more functions in our offices touchless. Accordingly, we would like a way to perform most of the functions in a Teams Room system by voice: start meeting, end meeting, mute/unmute, start/end video, etc. In other words, ability to use the Teams Room System, which has a touch-screen tablet, but with a minimal or zero-touch approach using voice commmands.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! The team is currently working on a new touch free meeting room experience. Cortana voice assistant on Teams Room devices will let in-room meeting participants to use spoken commands to manage select controls. To learn more details about this feature, please visit the roadmap at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=65961.

To learn more about additional new meeting room experiences updates, please visit https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams-blog/what-s-new-in-microsoft-teams-microsoft-ignite-2020/ba-p/1665600#calling.

4. Mediation for law firms during Covid-19

Hi there! I work at a national law firm in Australia, and we were wondering whether it was possible to conduct Mediation style meetings with Teams. This would need to look like two teams or rooms with a lawyer and their client in each with the lawyer for client A not being able to join the room of client and lawyer B. but the mediator would be able to go back and forth between the rooms or conversations?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bookings (Virtual Visits)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support device call controls

Support call controls for popular 3rd party headsets (handup, mute) like Plantronics 740-M or Jabra.

871 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

272 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. PSTN Reverse Number Lookup (show username from Address book not PSTN number) in Teams Toast and Call History

When a PSTN user calls you on Microsoft Teams, if the number is in the address book I would like to be presented with the users name on the toast, not just the PSTN number. The same for call history or anywhere else a PSTN number appears in the client

750 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1,656 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

204 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. High CPU/GPU/Power usage

For some reason the latest update has Teams using between 8% and 25% CPU idling, doing nothing. There is an issue with this update.

987 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  74 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Converting space to non breaking space

It seems that recently Teams starting converting space characters to non breaking space characters. The text with non breaking spaces doesn't work the same, e.g. a search query that not fails.

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I want to use multiple Teams accounts at the same time

We need the ability to sign in with multiple accounts. Many of us have several O365 accounts for various reasons (consulting, etc), and we’d need to be able to access teams directly. This is not a federation or B2B scenario, but a case where new O365 credentials have been created in another tenant for us. The app today only allows a single signed-in account at a time and that’s a blocker.

33,111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2774 comments  ·  Account Access (Sign-In)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The engineering team is continuing to work on adding support for multiple accounts on desktop clients. We will first launch support for 1 work/school account and 1 personal account so users can enjoy Teams for work and personal side-by-side. Windows and MacOS. Support for multiple work accounts is still being worked on and will come at a later date.

You can track status via the roadmap here: https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-365/roadmap?searchterms=68845.

Thanks!

11. Allow copying whole chat conversations

Currently, it's not possible to select & copy more than one message in a chat. When I try to select two or more messages, the focus stays on the first message making it impossible to copy whole chat.

There are some really ugly workarounds like: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Copying-conversations/td-p/62849 which I don't consider a solution of the situation.

I want to be able to select multiple messages at once and copy them by hitting CTRL+C.

3,061 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

385 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

Thank you for your suggestion! We really appreciate the feedback and idea. We have reviewed this request and started working on it. I’ll let you know as it nears completion.

Suphatra

12. Speech to text meeting notes

Using the technology of speech to text, have meetings record meeting notes in a text format based on what was spoken about in the meeting.

894 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

108 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. SharePoint list alerts sent via Teams Chat

I would like the option when setting an Alert on a SharePoint List or Document Library to have the Alert come via Microsoft Teams Chat rather than via Email alert.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  0 comments  ·  Lists App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. scroll performance - messages are grey boxes before rendering

scroll lag : scrolling performance (i.e. to previous messages in a chat/channel) is much worse than expected - messages don't render for a noticeable period of time

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Incorporate MS To do or task to the teams left side menu

incorporate the option of review and complete the task of Outlook or to do, as part of the teams platform

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow users to send praise to themselves

Allow users to send praise to themselves. Sometimes you just need to pat yourself on the back.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. live transcript

Today I ran a meeting that included a colleague who it 85% deaf. When we have in-person meetings he can lip-read but this is too difficult on screen.

It would be fantastic if live speech captions were available and they'd make a huge difference to their working life and others with similar requirements.

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enable editing of Wiki pages in the Teams Mobile App

Currently Wiki pages are read only in the Mobile App. Please make them read/write so we can make a quick change to a Wiki page while on the go. Thanks :-)

1,035 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

234 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Spam calls report and screening

Spam calls are on the rise. I may get a couple a day on my work phone.

Let users report a phone number as spam and use crowd sourcing to screen likely spam numbers.

Let Cortana answer a call and convert it to text in real time so that the user can decide if the call need to be answered.

Let users remove items from missing calls history.

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Include Office 365 group calendar in teams

It would be good to be able to click on a calendar button on the left hand side to get a view of the Office 365 groups calendar as you would in the calendar app. Good for being able to look and get a glimpse of what is coming up with the group. At the moment I have to go back to the calendar to look at it.

21,101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1334 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base