Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by me (Suphatra) and I’m a real person, not a robot. I work on the Teams team and sit in engineering, and its my job to represent your voice in the design and development of this product.

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which I check religiously!

Thanks everyone for supporting Teams. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely,
Suphatra

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide a much more obvious indicator that a Team has "Guests"

My organization is EXTREMELY worried that a user may post something in a Team that has Guests without realizing external Customers may be in the Team. We are using the nomenclature that a Team name in ALL CAPS is a Team with external people, but it would be great if we could turn on a Banner on Posts (similar to the "This post will be seen by 65 people") in red or yellow so it's very very apparent that you are posting something external people can see.

140 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Need to be able to search/call Outlook contacts' phone numbers without leaving Teams

The biggest obstacle and user complaint we have when rolling out Teams is that users cannot search for their Outlook contacts to call like they could in Skype For Business. Instead, they have to open Outlook and reference the contact's phone number which is inefficient & clumsy. It goes against everything else Teams does well in in terms of consolidating apps/interfaces. Users should be able to search for and call their outlook contacts via PSTN without having to leave Teams.

Skype for Business is still a much more streamlined design for external PSTN calling because users cannot find and dial…

62 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Support for Private Channels

Looking for the ability to create a channel that only channel members can see. Private channels are available in slack. There is an admin for private channels who is the creator, and they are the ones who add/remove users.

Five types of public/privacy that is being asked for by users:

- Public-Open (visible anywhere including outside the org and anyone can join)
        - Public-Invitation (visible anywhere including outside the org, must be invited)
        - Company-Open (only visible inside the org and anyone in the org can join; outside the org must be invited)
        - Company-Invitation (only visible inside the org,…

15,732 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

1371 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Microsoft Teams users — I want you to weigh in on new features around channels and group chats. The engineering team and I have put together this survey to find out how you want to see channels improve. You can fill it out here: https://microsoft.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_esTxHdABLQxKLvn

And I’m still waiting on approval to get you a good update about Private Channels. I can say that we ARE working on it, fervently.

Thanks and ping me any time, for anything at all: www.twitter.com/skprufo or sparavi@microsoft.com. I’m a little behind on email but catching up, so apologies for delays there!

Suphatra

• Fun custom status features

Ability to enter a custom status like “working from home” or “on vacation” or “out sick” with fun icons to go along with the status.

190 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  People/Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • JIRA Server

Support for JIRA server (not just cloud)

78 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow Teams Meeting Host to Toggle Meeting Entry Exit Tones Conference Bridge Settings

As an O365 global admin there is no way to let my Teams users toggle these audio conferencing meeting preferences themselves.

There is only a global setting in the Teams/Skype admin portal that lets me turn on/off these audio conference bridge settings for the entire tenant. My users need to be able to modify these settings like they could in Skype for business.

If I was hosting a large Teams meeting and running a webinar you can see how disruptive entrance and exit tones would be as participants come and go. The problem is that I can't just disable them…

58 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Support device call controls

Support call controls for popular 3rd party headsets (handup, mute) like Plantronics 740-M or Jabra.

69 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Add geolocation

Add the geolocation possibility on the smartphone apps and on the desktop app as well.
                  So the user can find out where other team members are located.
                  The user must have the possibility to share his position or not with other members (for privacy or security reasons).
                  When we click on the position of the user, the possibility to see the position on a map is also needed.

26 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  People/Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Better Contacts Management

- When "Create a new contact group" -- Enable directory lookup and adding an entire AD group
                    - When "Add a contact to (existing) group" -- Enable adding multiple contacts at the same time, including AD group to add all members
                    - Sync with Skype for Business contacts and groups through O365 Work Account
                    - Enable drag & drop of contacts between groups
                    - Enable starting a new conversation with group (all members)

90 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Add "What's happening today?" Status

Skype for Business has a "What's happening today?" custom status under their name which users can write custom messages such as "Teleworking" or "At Lunch". Teams should have this also.

67 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  People/Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • 607 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

168 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The team is still working on this fix, as part of a larger design change. Given internal feedback, it has been decided the current design isn’t ready for primetime.

In the meantime, someone discovered that triple clicking will actually select all of the text. I know we want the real fix, but thought I’d share.

Thanks for your patience.

• Create teams meeting from calendar using OWA

When using calendar on OWA, there is no way to create a Microsoft Teams meeting. You need to create it from Microsoft Teams instead.

Please add the functionality to create a meeting from Calendar using OWA

156 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Upload files into directly into folders in Teams on iOS app

A requested feature in Teams on iOS device is the ability to upload files directly to folders in Teams. At this time, you may upload files in the conversation tab, but it will be uploaded directly in the root of the team. In what I request, you should be able to access the Teams file archive, go to the folder where you want to upload the file and then upload.

The picture shows where I'd love to have an "attach a file"-button.

170 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Add other Sharepoint document folders under Files

Please allow adding granular SharePoint document library subfolders to the Files tab. Currently, only the document library level can be added, not sub folders.

This allows adding content from related but separate SharePoint sites without having to provide the entire document library (which may contain irrelevant content to the Team)

745 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

92 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Guest access should be implemented at the Channel level

Once I enabled guest access on the tenant I can enable guest access to a team, but I can't give guest access to a single channel. There should be a way to do this as I will now need to create a guest team and an internal team when I share teams with customers.

971 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • I want to use multiple Teams accounts at the same time

Original user posted:
                                  I would like to heave this multi-team/tenant option within “MS Teams”, like in Slack. Currently I’m in four different organization. They’re using all office365, three of them now changed from Slack to Teams. I’ve to permanently login/logout to switch to the related MS Team. This is really time consuming.

Another user says:
                                  We need the ability to sign in with multiple accounts. Many of us have several O365 accounts for various reasons (consulting, etc), and we’d need to be able to access teams directly.
                                  This is not a federation or B2B scenario, but…

6,379 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

593 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone! I’m happy to share that we’ve been working on this and are at a point where we need your feedback.

We have designs for this multi-tenant feature and are collecting feedback this week. If you are interested in weighing in on this, keep reading…

If you would be interested in participating please contact the user researcher and generally fabulous coworker of mine, David Quiroz (his email is daquiroz@microsoft.com). He will schedule you into a time slot and will be the person to conduct the interview. It would only require 30min of your time and would require signing and NDA.

We are looking for five people to participate in a 1:1 session with the researcher. We need people who currently use Teams with multiple tenants/different companies (at least two).

Thank you in advance for your help!

Suphatra

• Speech to text meeting notes

Using the technology of speech to text, have meetings record meeting notes in a text format based on what was spoken about in the meeting.

223 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Deploy Microsoft Teams over the network using GPO

Deploy Teams over the network to GPO setting that will launch the application only in the background mode.

102 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Teams shortcut is not being added to Start menu App list

After installing Teams via latest executable, the shortcut for the application is not being added to the App list of Start menu. Even Windows Search cannot find it as an installed app. However, it can be found from installed applications via Settings.

Observed on Windows 10 version 1809.

28 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for raising the feedback. I’m happy to tell you that the build with the fix for this issue is in the process of being rolled out. Once you have received the upgrade to build 28562, you should no longer encounter the issue.

~ Alex

• Compact mode

I really like Teams. I do. But the current chat layout is not suited for professional chats. It's way to space consuming. It looks like something imported from MSN with smiley's that take half of the screen. I would say that Slack have nailed it because they focused on the ability keeping a tight window with lots of chat text visible. In Teams the window is full and starts scrolling after like 10 sentences.

7,503 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

936 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone, thank you for your patience since the last update.

We want to extend a huge thanks to all of you who have engaged with us on this topic of compact chat. Your input has been invaluable and helped inform our design and decision-making.

As we look to 2019, we will be pursuing plans to continue to make the product more and more space efficient. We see this as a guiding design principle, as well as a backlog of requests from UserVoice that we catalogue, discuss, debate, brainstorm and problem solve.

This principle is also why we will not be making a sharp design turn towards a permanently heavy dense design. Our user base is a wide range of people — such as high school students, the visually impaired, open source developers, and your every day knowledge worker. Because of our broad reach, we must maintain a standard of…

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base