Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.   

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pop out video for DHH student's ASL Interpreter

Our deaf and hard of hearing students can not see their interpreter well once the teacher uses screen share/presents because the video of the interpreter shrinks too small. Please have an option to select and pop out a participant. This is the sole reason our district is allowing the DHH team to use Zoom instead. However we have DHH students in non-DHH classes with hearing students and that teacher is required to use Teams for synchronous learning. Please add this accessibility for our DHH students so they can join ALL classrooms.

521 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. PLEASE fix desktop app performance on macOS!! Constant high CPU usage and memory leaks!

I'm running Teams desktop app on macOS Catalina and the performance is TERRIBLE! If I get on a single 1-on-1 video call, the fan on my 2017 MacBook Pro starts spinning like crazy, CPU usage goes up to about 85%, and app begins to use over 1GB of RAM! To put it in perspective, I can get on a Zoom call with 10 other people, CPU usage is at less than 20%, and memory usage never passes 300MB

I've read on other forums to disable GPU acceleration in the settings, but that has only marginally helped.

Please fix your app!

1,080 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

214 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your reports. We released client and service updates this week, that address many MacOS-specific performance issues. We are also aware of recent performance issues with Microsoft Teams meetings, especially on laptops and when using external monitors.

The team is working to resolve these issues. In the meantime, please find troubleshooting information here: https://docs.microsoft.com/microsoftteams/troubleshoot/known-issues/teams-slow-video-meetings-laptops-4k.

3. Automatic Mute Notifications When On Video or Audio Call

Automatically mute all Teams notifications when on a video or audio conference call. Mute all notifications that are outside the conference call itself.

1,272 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

123 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable video pop-out for non-presenters

As a non-presenting participant in a Teams meeting I want to be able to see both shared content and the video feed of other members simultaneously. I need to be able to view and control (e.g. move and resize) both the shared content and video feeds separate from each other.

Currently as a participant in a Teams meeting I cannot pop-out the video feeds as a separate window viewable at the same time as the shared content window. Only the presenter can get the participant video feeds in a separate pop-out window from the shared content.

As a non-presenting participant…

291 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Self-selecting breakout rooms

Organizers can create different break out rooms for different discussion topics, and meeting attendees can choose which one to go to (maybe by selecting a button at the appropriate time in the meeting)? This would be very useful for teachers or meeting organizers who want to give attendees choices without needing to preassign attendees or trying to sort attendees into the appropriate groups once meetings have started. In our case, we had Back to School Night for parents, and parents had a hard time using the different links to go to the presentations they wanted to see (similar to the…

378 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support to host a meeting in a Private Channel

Hi there, I've setup a private channel in a Team for supervisors only. I'd like to "host" the regular staff meeting in the private channel, but i can only select "public" channels. Can Microsoft add the ability to host Team meetings within a private channel?

5,710 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

844 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Your team has reached the maximum number of private channels

Today we attempted to create a new private channel and received the following error "Your team has reached the maximum number of private channels".

OMG everyone at my company is going to KILL ME. I moved our entire organization off Slack to Teams and to streamline communication we went with a company Team and then inside that Team we create private channels for targetted audience communication. This was done to avoid having to create multiple teams then add everyone who would ever have to communicate with any of the channels inside the team.

In slack they had no limitation on…

1,229 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

183 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Away Status

Allow users to choose time elapsed until showing status as Away. Five minutes is certainly not enough time elapsed to show someone as Away. Users need more control of this status.

700 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Entire Chat App Pop Out in Separate Window

Currently individual chats have the ability to be popped out of the MS Teams platform. It would be nice if the entire Chat App could be popped out of the MS Teams platform separately. That way we can keep the chat app opened and navigate to the other apps within MS teams without having to go back and forth between the chat and whichever other app we are working in.

457 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

75 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Live Reaction Option in meetings

This Live Reaction option (including "Thumbs Up") would be an easy way for Attendees to respond to the Presenter during meetings consisting of more than 15 people. This would prevent mass unmuting of microphones which causes the whole meeting to go out of order and most importantly loses time.

617 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are glad to announce that Meeting Reactions have started rolling out! You can expect to see this feature in your desktop and mobile clients over the coming week.

Thank you to our Public Preview users who gave us feedback!

11. Non-team member and guest ability to use chat in a channel meeting

When hosting a meeting in a Teams Channel, non-team members from within my organization and external guests from outside the organization can't view or type in the meeting chat. It's fantastic that we can host meetings in our Teams Channels so that the chat remains for us to reference later in the Channel. It would be even better, if all individuals (team members, in organization non-team members, and external guests) invited to the Channel Meeting could participate in the Meeting Chat.

905 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Expand emojis to reflect the diversity of ethnicity, gender, sexuality and disability of your user base

Emoji set is limited and almost exclusively white and male. This doesn't reflect the make up of most modern workplaces and certainly doesn't reflect the make up of your global user base.

831 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

116 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Flagged Email List Missing from Tasks in Teams

While it's great bringing To Do lists into Teams, the "Flagged Email" list is curiously missing. This means that if I flag an email, I must run Microsoft To Do in order to see this list. If I still need to access To Do, what's the point of moving everything into tasks in Teams? Please bring this list over to to Tasks in Teams!

287 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. SuccessFactors (SF) Learning Management System (LMS) Integration with MS Teams

Currently MS Skype for Business and SAP SuccessFactors Learning have an integration. With the decommission/replacement of Skype, the integration needs to be updated to now point to Teams.

As you can see in the attached, there are over 300 unique SAP customers seeking this enhancement

Key Words: Learning Management System, LMS, Training, Integration, SuccessFactors, SAP, SF

246 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Create Planner tabs within Private Channels

We have just started using Private Channels, which is great as our team has sub teams within it and this way we can have private discussions, without creating multiple teams.

What we'd also like to do is create Planner Plans within the Private Channels that are only accessible to those within the Private Channel. Is this on the roadmap?

7,182 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

977 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Reject Submissions in Teams

As an educator, it can be frustrating to receive a submission from a pupil that is blank. However, there is currently no option to 'Reject Student Submission' or 'Undo Student Submission'. This means that what is shown in insights does not reflect what is actually happening. We are only able to return the submission, but this is just to provide feedback - it does not unsubmit their assignment.

This change would allow teachers to track the work of pupils and also make full use of insights.

135 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Pop out for video/live events/meetings

During live seminars or video conferences it would be helpful to pop out the session into a separate window so that we have full access to the teams main app during these sessions. It is distracting to have to switch to different chats even when though we already have the pop out chats.

499 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Use multiple monitors in team calls, split content (monitor A) and webcam (monitor B)

I have a meeting room with two monitors. I would like to be able to use both monitors in a call. For example when we are called by the product owner, I would like to split the video:
    1. On monitor A: The powerpoint presentation
    2. On monitor B: The presenters webcam

Now this is not possible. Only one monitor can be used. The presentation will be in full screen. The presenter in a small square at the button.

This functionality is present in Skype for business. Why isn't this integrated in MS teams?

1,308 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

101 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. MAKE SUBTITLES/LIVE CAPTIONS ALWAYS AVAILABLE

My colleague is deaf - at present we have to ask for the meeting host to check the box to allow for subtitles/live captions to work in a meeting. If they forget or do it wrong - it means my colleague is unable to follow a meeting.

Why is this an option? Live captions should always be available for those that require them.

MAKE SUBTITLES/LIVE CAPTIONS ALWAYS AVAILABLE - not on an 'opt in basis'

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I want you to be able to control the notification sound for lobby waiting.

A notification tone sounds when there are users waiting in the lobby.
    If this notification sound is present during the meeting, it will interfere with the meeting.
    Therefore, please implement the function that controls this notification sound.

475 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

80 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base