Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shifts connector for Flow or Logic apps

It would be great to have a connector for Shifts to Flow of Logic Apps, just like Stafhub has currently.

Actions can include:
    - Get a schedule for a team in a certain timeperiod
    - Get the shift for a teammember
    - Get all teammembers with shift X on day Y.
    - Assign shift to teammember(s)
    - Change Shift of teammember(s).

Triggers can include:
    - When your own shift changes
    - When a new shift is added
    - When there is a request for change/absence etc...

107 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Restriction Flex API functionality - Request

API functionality that we would like to have added

Start Stop Content
    Call Status
    Call Information
    Participant information
    Being able to lock the UI and not have it flip back after 60 second
    Remove the boarder for the Crestron control page.
    Booking information / meeting information.

VTP Smart Graphics Extender support

95 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Facepalm like reaction needed

A new set of reactions to substitute like functionality is just great. However what we need is a facepalm emoji reaction to convey the true reactions to many posts - let's make it happen!

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ask to join should "ask to join"

In meetings there is an "Ask to join" option in the drop down for invitees who have not yet joined. It doesn't "ask" it calls them, this is very intrusive and can be confusing for somebody who is actually on their way or ending up some other meeting.

Instead the button should do what it actually says, "Ask." Maybe it could pop up a banner reminder that says "Meeting name has started click here to join."

Alternately change the name of the link to "Call now."

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Open links to teams in Desktop App

SITUATION: When you receive a link to a Teams file or folder, or really anything in Teams, like a Planner task - it sends you to the sharepoint site, regardless of whether you have the Desktop App installed and even if it is open.

RESOLUTION: Make links to any Teams elements open directly in the Teams Desktop App

This will save so much time and frustration from people, and also make Teams seem like a more integrated solution for everyone.

1,344 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

132 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. reply chat

Hello gents,

would it be possible to add the reply button to the chats in Teams just like in the Teams channels. It would be easier then to reply to a previous statement when the chat grows and get bigger with lots of statements. Replying to an old statement is fundamental sometimes to get the chat flow without loosing the topic.

Something like Whatsapp, where you can select the statement and reply to that one only. That would become a huge enhancement within company that are largely using Teams.

Thanks.

139 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. shifts import public holiday

Is it possible to automatically populate public holidays for a user based on user location or region setting?

147 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Lock the Video Spotlight

In Skype for Business hosted meetings, there is a feature called "Lock the Video Spotlight" that allows you to choose a video feed that's displayed to all participants. This feature does not appear to be in the Teams client today, and it doesn't appear on the Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams Capabilities Roadmap.

In some Teams meetings I want all my participants to just view one presenters video stream and not have the 4 participant split view. We need a way for the Teams meeting host to force their video to be prominent from the participants view.

https://aka.ms/skype2teamsroadmap

430 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. can't give control in Microsoft Teams because "hardware acceleration is disable"

Hi,
    something very strange in teams, I can't give control to the user, only to view.
    every time I try issue - because "hardware acceleration is disabled"
    but my "hardware acceleration" is enabled and before its work fine.
    my os - win10 1903 build -18362.239.
    intel hs Graphics 4000
    Lenovo 2191
    I check and no problem with the user in another laptop, its work fine.
    I check and I see only Lenovo laptop in my office is have the problem and with Thinkpad laptop its work.
    I also try to update the intel driver.

Someone maybe knows the problem?

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Guest user in Shifts

Would like to add guest users in Shifts as they work alongside other team members.

186 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  41 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Admin Controlled contact group avaialbe to all Teams users

Administrator 's ability to create a domain wide or tenant wide groups of contacts for example per department that is available to all Teams users like a company directory. Same as in other corporate messaging wherein any changes in the contact will be synced to all clients.

199 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make Storage Metrics visible for Team Owners

The storage metrics (storage utilization, quota) can be found on any site collection under Site Collection Administration. However, only the Site Collection admins can view them; there seems to be no feature available to make these metrics visible for any of the 'plain' Team's users.

Please make the above-mentioned storage metrics available at least to the Team owners, without requiring admin rights!

Reason for this uservoice: We had several cases where Team members and owners were caught by surprise with a sudden "Storage limit reached" notification.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro - Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Reply to specific chat message in 1:1 chat

In a 1:1 chat, it can sometimes be hard to follow to which question or message your recipient is answering. Whatsapp has a nice solution for this - you can select the specific message you want to reply to, it avoids misunderstanding and miscommunication.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Teams Presence should be 'real-time'.

Having presence delays of up to 4 minutes makes presence largely useless. Having to resort back to typing 'are you free now' after calls, because I can't tell if they are still in the meeting, or have started another meeting or call. Or trying to call somebody and get rejected and a message saying "I'm in a call"

506 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Shifts - Let non owner manage shifts

Only team members with owner role are able to manage shifts.

Would be helpfull to define shifts manager seperate from their team role.
    Shifts are also assigned by supervisors, which are only team member and assigning owner role is not desired.

201 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  18 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow screen-sharing in Teams Web-App

Teams Web-App currently does not support screen-sharing or remote session feature like the Teams local application. Please develop this feature in the Teams web-app so that users can share and do remote sharing through a web-browser.

173 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Users added to team line removed

In each general channel a new line gets created for all new users added to a team. Can this line be removed?
    As an example I setup a team and get some posts ready for welcome messages and introductions, then when I add groups of people, after a few lines all my messages have pushed up and off the screen.
    We have one specific team for all in the business and all the threads are getting lost as we add each department/individuals one by one.

435 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Delete Private Chat threads

This request is for the ability to completely delete a private chat thread. (Not hide/archive.)

Again, this was pulled out into its own topic because it is still under review and no decision has been made.

To recap what has already been completed from the other topic:

1. Delete your own messages anywhere in Teams.
    2. Team Owners can choose if users can edit/delete in their tenant as well as choose if admins have the power to delete any message posted in public channels.
    3. The ability to hide your private chat threads (these are not the chat threads in…

2,117 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

295 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    try this instead  ·  Suphatra responded

Hey everyone! We have this already. Just click the ellipses next to the thread name and select “Hide”.

Note that we cannot provide a “hard delete” due to eDiscovery and other legal reasons.

Thanks,
    Suphatra

19. See who attended a meeting vs. accepted the invite

I'd like to know who actually attended a meeting AFTER the meeting is over, vs. a list of who accepted the invitation. Often these two lists do not match. I know that the "Attendees" list is inaccurate as I appeared in an overnight meeting as an attendee, but I know I did not attend the meeting at all.

121 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. View or export a list of users who attended a meeting

Currently, there is no method of viewing a list of meeting attendees after a meeting has ended.

Meeting organizers should be able to view or export a list of attendees, including enter and exit times, duration, etc.

1,419 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

203 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.