Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Voicemail on busy

When someone calls me, either internally or externally, and I'm on another call, the default behavior should send the call to voicemail after popping a notification and perhaps a subtle ring. This business of ringing more than once when I'm on a call is not helpful.

121 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow editing Outlook meetings in Teams without adding Teams meeting coordinates.

Creating a meeting in outlook that isn't a teams meeting, then editing it in teams results in a Join button and the teams join information footer being added to the meeting.

It would be nice to have controls to disable this functionality, either at the org level or per user level and via the calendaring apis available through Graph.

Alternatively, allow the Teams/no Teams switch like in Outlook inside Teams.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Shifts time clock on desktop

At the moment, shifts time clock is only available on mobile. It would be useful to add the time clock on desktop too.

131 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Automatically Log Attendance During Teams Meetings

I host a lot of webinar trainings for associates and track attendance. Currently I have to ask participants to put their first and last name in the chat box to log attendance. It would be nice if teams could automatically track that and even give us the option to export to excel.

207 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Teams Room - Hide local HDMI content

We would like the ability to stop sharing HDMI content plugged into our Teams Room system without needing to disconnect the HDMI cable from the device. We're demoing both the Crestron and Logitech solutions and both have this behavior. When an HDMI device is plugged in to the system, the content shares automatically to the display. You can hit stop presenting and it will stop sharing the content, until you start a Teams meeting. Once the meeting is started, the HDMI In content shows on the in room display over all camera feeds from remote participants. You can show thumbnails…

111 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Combine multiple threads - or at least improve the UI

People who are new to Teams almost reliably start new conversations instead of adding to threads. In other words, the context goes missing - which is one of the key elements that make Teams so powerful.

Multiple requests to combine threads have been declined here. I can only imagine that technical reasons are the source of the declines, because many people and organizations are dealing with this issue.

Therefore I'm repeating the request - and if the decision "at this point" is still the same, then please put some effort into the UI to make it clear (!!!) to people…

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Users added to team line removed

In each general channel a new line gets created for all new users added to a team. Can this line be removed?
    As an example I setup a team and get some posts ready for welcome messages and introductions, then when I add groups of people, after a few lines all my messages have pushed up and off the screen.
    We have one specific team for all in the business and all the threads are getting lost as we add each department/individuals one by one.

1,116 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

136 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Blynclight for Microsoft Teams

Expose user presence in Microsoft Teams through an API so that the Embrava Blynclight can subscribe to the current users status and display this status on the Blynclight.

www.embrava.com

841 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

202 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The team is happy to announce that this functionality is now available through the Presence Graph API which is now in public Beta! We have additional functionality planned for the API so please keep checking back for updates.

Please note that this is a beta version of the API and may be subject to change. Use of these APIs in production applications is not supported.

- Online documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/presence?view=graph-rest-beta

Enjoy!

10. Flag message for follow-up and automatically add them to to to-do

Currently each message has:
    * save
    * thumbsup
    * Mark as unread
    * Copy link
    * Immersive Reader

options available in the upper-right corner. I'd suggest adding another.

Please could you add a "flag for follow-up" option. Clicking it should add it to a list of flagged messages that are exposed somewhere within Teams however the real value would come from giving us the option to have the message appear in Microsoft To-Do, thus the experience would be exactly the same as adding flagged messages from Outlook (https://support.office.com/en-us/article/using-microsoft-to-do-with-flagged-email-f90c37b0-4453-4756-a6d5-e2ef8d33b395). When someone marks the task in To-Do as complete then…

288 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Keep Tab in Memory when Switching to Chat / Other Tab - Prevent Loss of Edits, Files, Login credentials

Issue Summary:
    Switching from a Tab to Chat / Teams / Other Tabs causes the Tab to close, causing you to have to reopen the Tab (actually having to navigate to it again inside the team). This will reload the tap and all content before the Switching will be lost.

Issues:
    1. Tabs open in Team gets reset - when switching between Teams in Team View
    2. Tabs reload - when switching between Chat and Team View
    3. Content (edits, files etc) on Tab gets lost (Happens both for to Issue 1 and 2)
    4. It makes you re-sign-in to…

756 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

167 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Mutual Screen Sharing

Id love the ability to, in a meeting share up to 2 screens, from seperate attendees.

Use case: I arrange a meeting with a colleague in a different location, attempting to debug 2 integrated applications. I am the master of one, my colleague is the master of the second. Id like to share what I am doing with him, while being bale to see what he is doing on my secondary monitor.

This will allow us to easily and quick understand context around the issue and aid with resolution.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Create a chat from an email in outlook

It would be really cool if you could forward/send an email to create a Team chat. This would help in driving the adoption of chat over email.

371 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow more than 30 Private Channels

Please allow more than 30 Private Channels (at least 200 like standard channels).

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Adding Shifts as team tab

With Shifts now in place in Teams, it would also be nice to have a channel tab for Shifts, for easy access within the channels themselves.

422 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Open links to teams in Desktop App

SITUATION: When you receive a link to a Teams file or folder, or really anything in Teams, like a Planner task - it sends you to the sharepoint site, regardless of whether you have the Desktop App installed and even if it is open.

RESOLUTION: Make links to any Teams elements open directly in the Teams Desktop App

This will save so much time and frustration from people, and also make Teams seem like a more integrated solution for everyone.

2,139 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

209 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. enable Teams Rooms as Miracast Receiver

enable Teams Rooms to receive content sharing via Miracast - like the Surface Hub 2S does allow to "project to device"

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. can't give control in Microsoft Teams because "hardware acceleration is disable"

Hi,
    something very strange in teams, I can't give control to the user, only to view.
    every time I try issue - because "hardware acceleration is disabled"
    but my "hardware acceleration" is enabled and before its work fine.
    my os - win10 1903 build -18362.239.
    intel hs Graphics 4000
    Lenovo 2191
    I check and no problem with the user in another laptop, its work fine.
    I check and I see only Lenovo laptop in my office is have the problem and with Thinkpad laptop its work.
    I also try to update the intel driver.

Someone maybe knows the problem?

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Lets make contacts great again!

Can we please have an awesome next-level contacts interface and management!? Pretty sure we were promised cool stuff in SfB that never came :(

While contacts management might seem like a pretty boring feature (because it is), its one of the most pivotal parts of the app. The whole point of the app is to communicate. So if you can't find or interact with contact information easily, it can be very frustrating!!!

The first thing that needs to be resolved is the fact that the "Calls" tab is the central location for contacts. That doesn't see right or make sense…

524 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Colour categories in Calendar

It would be really useful for the Outlook colour categories to show in the Teams calendar. I rely heavily on these to make sense of my calendar with a large number of appointments and in the current release of calendar this will make me likely to still revert back to Outlook rather than use Teams for calendar management.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base