Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export Meetings/Agenda presentation to Outlook Web and web Calendar

The presentation of the agenda and the meeting details in the Meetings tab of the Teams web client is the best presentation (easiest to read and quickly grasp the important details... also pleasant to look at) of these items throughout all of the Office application web clients.

Please meet with the Outlook Web and web Calendar people and demo the Teams web interface to them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Omni" search bar for TEAMS?

Currently, Teams have 5 tab, with 5 search bar, and in "Chat", it has 3 sub-tab that will separate the result so if I'm standing in "Teams" and want to search for account "mile.miller", I must
    [1] click on "chat"
    [2] type mike.miller,
    [3] choose "People" tab to get him.
    Frankly, it's not convenient to use, better way for it to work is an omni search bar like facebook, you type anything in your mind, then it will search and show you result in multiple category that you can choose *with top result in 1 page* first, to deeper search,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Share media

I want to be able to share media files on the fly so members of a team can go through and pick the best. Large amounts of photos and some times video. Right now I believe it is capped and when I want to attach from OneDrive it downloads the file to my phone, then uploads to Teams. Why not just attach the file from OneDrive directly to the Team?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow greater range of permissions for use of documents in Files (Teams for Education)

I'm a teacher and would like to launch my first Team with one of my classes. However, I am hesitant to do so as I would like to upload some files as class resources and I see that students will be able to edit the document and even delete it as a team member. As an owner, is there a way to set stricter permissions such as read-only and remove the option for it to be deleted by a group member?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Send to teams button in Outlook

having a button similar to onenote where you can send an email to onenote. it would be great if you can ould have the same look and feel but send the email into a teams channel

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. why can't I share screens with a team mate. It's like it's just not implemented anywhere.

let me share screens with another person, like in webex or lync.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Include Teams in Office 365 update / upgrade program

instead of checking for upgrades manually from within Teams include in Upload Center program

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Let us remove a bot from the list of 1:1 chats

Allow users to remove the bot from their 1:1 chat screen and adding the bot again.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Hangs on startup after login, then "doh! something went wrong!"

This issue has not been corrected as suggested with comments closed below. I just downloaded and installed twice and it has been stuck in the loop after login for hours now. PLEASE FIX!

Mac OSX, 10.12.6, 12GB memory.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. When pressing Alt + E

When pressing Alt + E to search for college. On direct hit so would it be nice to get that user first so I can just press enter. Now "Search (More)" is appearing first so I have to arrow down to the college I wanted to chat with.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The Team Activity column on the left does not auto refresh when a new post is made in the centrla post column

The Team Activity column on the left does not auto refresh when a new post is made in the centrla post column

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Zumbido| status

Hello! I what the zumbido (Messenger). Also the update in the status is not working well. Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Office Online not active when switching between applications and Teams

When working in Office Online documents it seems that if I switch to another application and back to Teams, I have to click inside the office document to be able to work with Excel cells or for instance paste inside a word file. It would really be a timesaver not being necessary to click inside Teams every time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Sharing only Apps not the whole desktop

While doing a VC or Audiocall currently only full screensharing is possible, so the other caller also sees his own Video stream.
    It would be helpful to choose only definite apps. This is also helping privacy.

Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 送信中...のまま 返信メッセージが投稿されない

再送、送信中止、メッセージ削除できるようしてほしい
    ずっと最新ポストに残っている

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. VSTS Tab backlog only support default backlogs

When you Add a VSTS tab to a channel, authenticate to VSO, choose project etc. it only allows you to select a default backlog then a custom one.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I want to set where my mobile apps tab start. I want to see the same features on the app and my desktop

I want to set where my mobile apps tab start. I want to see the same features on the app and my desktop.

Customization customization customization

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. It is too cumbersome. There needs to be only one quick access point for all channels. Give me outlook any day.

One access point only. There may be a technical purpose for all the channels, but they make it very onerous for the user. I personally do not think that it provides anything better than our previous system and it is time consuming to negotiate. The screen even looks cluttered and busy. A streamed screen and simple format would be much appreciated

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Monospaced format (tick marks) fail when used multiple times on one line

Tick marks only format once per line.

`this will be formatted` `this won't`
    `but this will`

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Encoding

I’m having an issue in the mobile app (iOS) where tab spaces are being displayed as  inside code blocks.

It looks like a mess. See attached.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.