Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatic status for meetings not correct

A meeting was accepted for 10am, it was later amended to start at a different time and date. However teams changed my status to in a meeting at the original time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow us to mention between different tenants

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    別テナントへのメンション
    Allow us to mention between different tenants

■Description(内容):
    現在の Teams ではテナントを跨いだメンション機能が実装されておりません。複数のテナント間でチャットを行う場合など、メンション機能が充実するとより利便性が高まると考えておりますので、別テナントへのメンションが実行できるように機能の拡充を要望します。

At Teams, I would like to see the feature to mention between different tenants. When we chat between different tenants, it would be great if it is able to mention someone’s comments

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Simplify Integration between all apps (Outlook, Teams, Sharepoint, OneDrive)

If you can't do it on your mobile device, you're doing it all wrong.

1. Shared Calendars (Teams / Outlook)

2. Shared Contacts

3. Shared Files (Teams / Outlook/ Sharepoint)

4. Shared Projects (Be more like slack)

5. Teams Meetings may simply be a team members time off schedule, no reason to join or invite others, but viewable by everyone on the team. Change Meetings to Calendar as it should function exactly like a normal shared calendar and integrated with outlook web/ios etc...

All functionality in Teams should just be moved to outlook and available on all devices and/or web apps. Microsoft has over complicated…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Delete meeting recordings and mention of meetings

When I record a meeting it posts it to the Channel. This is great, but there is no way to remove the recording once it is posted. I can go to Stream and delete it there, but the reference with a dead link still remains on Teams. Also, every time I start a meeting it leaves a reference in the channel. There is no way to delete those either. I'd love to be able to clean up my channels and remove all of those meeting references and dead recording links. Please enable the ability to keep an organized and clean…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Call pick up button

I'm partially colour blind and for whatever reason, always confuse the 'call hangup' button for 'call pickup', especially when rushing to click the button when using multiple displays. It's pretty rare for me to reject a call. Would it make sense to make the 'call pickup' button more pronounced than the reject button? I think they are the same size + the colour of the reject button jumps out when I'm in a rush.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Reporting function in Microsoft Teams admin center

It would be great if the reporting items with Analytics & reports in Microsoft Teams admin center would be counted as same as items with reports in Skype for Business admin center.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide the ability to bulk change of notification setting for all Teams users

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Teams ユーザーの通知設定について

Provide the ability to bulk change of notification setting for all Teams users

■Description(内容):
    メールボックス容量やサーバー負荷の可能性を考え、管理者で Teams 利用ユーザーの通知設定を一括で実施したいが、現在は各ユーザーで通知設定を変更する機能のみとなっている。
    管理者で Teams 利用ユーザーの通知設定を一括で設定する機能の実装を希望します。

To keep the server load and the mailbox capacity in proper level, admins should be able to change the notification settings of Teams users all at once. However, each user has to change the setting by themselves for now.

For improvement of manageability, allow admins to change the notification settings of Teams users all at once.

Thank you for your consideration.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to Share (email, SMS, Skype/Teams chat) voicemail messages

I would love to be able to Share via email, SMS, Skype/Teams chat) a voicemail message to include the audio file and transcription.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Emoji

Please add the ]:) and thumbs down emoji. if possible you could just use the emojis that Skype uses just to cover the bases.

thank you

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Support for multiple logons

Most users on Earth have a personal Microsoft identity, a work+school account, and a non-Microsoft account. Teams should provide a tabbed interface or equivalent to jump between identities and the Teams they use. Logging out/in to participate in multiple teams makes the product “Microsoft Team”.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support for Session Controls

We have many customers securing access to O365 via Azure AD Conditional Access. With more organisations moving to "session controls" within Exchange and SharePoint - it is becoming more and more necessary to bring this functionality to Teams as the current conditional access policies block due to Teams not supporting session controls.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Sticky (master) header footer (for Team site)

Introduce a master header / footer feature in SharePoint Online that allows a single master web object that can be linked to different pages.

That way, you edit a single instance of a header, footer or other web object that can be used on multiple pages without having to create a unique web object for each page.

Even .aspx files has this feature.

This would be a great enhancement for anyone that is familiar with website building.

Edit: This already exists for a Communication site. It would great to have this on a Team site.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Same room multi-device support "Conference Room Mode"

The last killer feature that is left in the video conf market is the mic/speaker feedback control. If you could have everyone join the call in the same room and take advantage of all the cams, mics, and speakers on all the computers in the room without feedback... You can turn any room into a fancy boardroom. No need for a fancy cam that face tracks everyone, no needs for centralized mic system, no need to dial-in and have everyone mute, no horrible mic/speaker feedback, no need for a central screen... EVERYONE BYOD and that is all you need, the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. How to get status of the person from external organisation?

Hi!

I would like to see the status of my colleagues from external organization like I had it in Skype for Business. In Teams the status of external persons is always "unknown" or offline

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Your Shifts on mobile app displays name of Team and Group rather than the shift!?

The 'Your Shifts' section displays the date and times of shift but the detail on each shift just says the name of the Group and the Team. You have to click on the shift to get the shift notes. I need the shift notes to be able to add location as this is also a missing feature. It displays correctly in the desktop app but not on mobile.

This is also a problem with the 'Teams Shifts' section where I can see the staff member and the time of the shift but nothing else.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Teams app continuously opening up.

Could not find a better category, sorry. I would suggest some changes to the Teams app getting opened all the time.
    There is a setting of starting up in background, that means the application does not pop up and open its user interface, but even if you turn on this setting, it does open up the user interface when starting up. This is the most annoying bit about it.
    Also when I right-click on the taskbar icon, the app should not open up, but the context menu. What if I only want to Exit or Change Status? I do not…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Unfocusing backgroud image when sing in to window is realy terible idea. Please, return to behavioe before last "upgrade".

With last update of Windows 10 the background image on login screen become unfocused when edit fields for login occur. It is very uncomfortable, disturbing. Th image should not change at all or become a bit darker as it used to be.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Feature to show only users who are on shift

I would like you to implement a filtering feature to show users who are on shift in the Shifts app in Microsoft Teams. Shifts app currently shows all users regardless they are on shift or not, and this is not easy to see.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)