Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New joiner on Teams still shown as Skype for Business user

On the WebApp and the desktop application, the new joiner on Teams are still showm as Skype for Business users (and some features aren't available).

I'm pushing my team on Teams but this is a disturbing bug. I already waited more than half a day but still the same.

Only workaround I found is to initiate a Chat on the Android mobile app where the user is properly recognized as Team user.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It takes a long time to change between chats

It takes a long time to change between chats (10 or 15 seconds in some cases), this brought me problems when sending messages to conversations that should not arrive. There are times when the entire layout is in a recharged state and can not be used.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Last message sender

In the chat tab it shows the content of the last message sent but not who sent it, I want to quickly see if I closed the conversation or if it’s waiting on a response from me

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. sync with phonebook numbers that are assigned to users email addresses

If a mobile number is assigned to a user business email address, let Teams sync this contact into his Microsoft Teams contacts. And when a user launch his/her Microsoft Teams app, ask him/her to register their mobile number to their email address and account. Hence users can launch their app using their mobile numbers and peers from different companies can chat to each others. It's the only way to compete with the coming WhatsApp for Business. Knowing that WhatsApp is the most adopted chat communication for businesses now because of its flexibility, wide spread and user friendly interface. and why…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Notifications

In iPhone 7 with iOS 11, notifications not work. I have activated them in settings but nothing happens.

I’d like to use “segnala un problema” in app to share this information but Teams doesn’t open outlook app I use. Teams search iOS mail that I do not use.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Saints row 2 backwards compatible

Add saints row 2 backwards compatible for Xbox one

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to add checklist to a thread

The way that Teams organizes threads has been extremely convenient for pinning ephemeral tabs as part of a development process. What is inconvenient about it, is needing to switch between tabs constantly to find out whether or not there have been updates on what's being shared by a large team.

It would be awesome to have the capability to add a checklist to a thread so that high level info could be kept where it's easy to review. Also, because it could be added the tab's thread, it would be easy to update when working on whatever has been pinned.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Teams vs remote desktop issue

When I'm working remotely using remote desktop and try to use the Teams share screen function Teams shuts down the programs I'm using on the remote computer.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. While deleting the files, user by mistake press the delete key twice and one popup window should alert its already in process instead both.

when we delete the file/files in windows, the user by mistake press the delete key twice, and its start to pop up the deleting process window for both the action instead one window should alert its already in process to save time and Ram process.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Special Latinamerican Chars

Let us use alt + (some comb keys) in order to put characters like this ---> áúñ etc....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Move the People tab to an icon on the left bar.

It is not intuitive at all to have to write the name of the person and not have any result showing. We found out later that you have to hit enter, then the people tab shows up and THEN, you can see the results of your search. If you do not relocate the tab, at least let the people show when you search for them.

P.s.: People will show if you already talked to them, which is still not intuitive for a SEARCH bar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Threading helper hotkey

Threading is weird. I like it, but I'm not used to it. Thus, I frequently start typing in the main chat box when I want to reply.

It would be awesome to have a hotkey that would change your input focus to the previous reply field. Hitting it again would move back to the next previous thread, and so on.

Bonus points if it carries the half-entered text you'd already typed with it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Chat UI can have this feature

When I mouse hover on any chat, it shows two options, "More Options and Save this Message". Can it possible to show these option on the same place but with full chat message? As of now, it hides some text of chat.

Thanks

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. why can't we share desktops with team mates

There is not an option to share screens so you can do a demonstration or just show processes.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Teams App Update keeps closing app every 30 Minutes

One Windows 10 build 1709
    The auto update feature seams to close the Teams app. If you manually run check updates, it launches windows explorer to save. If you click save or close it closes the app. Happens about every +-30 minutes to an hour.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Compartilhamento de tela Teams

Estou utilizando o Microsoft Teams, porém, notei que há uma limitação do mesmo, quanto ao Skype. Não possui a ferramenta de compartilhamento

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. My profile / Saved items list - set as Home page?

Like others in my team, I am tagged in too many items to respond to immediately. This is particularly acute when using the mobile app on the move. However, I also forget to check my Saved items list later.

Can the Saved items view be set as the Home screen that I see first when logging in to Teams? (Or an inbox-style count of outstanding items...)

Thank you

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.