Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show me the number of channel followers

In Slack I can see the members of a channel, but I also know at a glance how many people are in the channel. With Teams I can see the team members but it is hard to get a quantity. Also, I don't know how to see who is following a given channel in the team. If I have a dead channel I want to know so I can remove it.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remote Support via Microsoft Teams

Skype for Business offers the possibility to support colleagues remote instead of using Teamviewer.

Normal Skype and Teamviewer are our current tools

The remote support via Microsoft Teams would be another excellent reason why my colleagues should install Teams.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adding people to one-on-one chats

Adding someone to a group chat is seamless. Adding someone to a chat started as one-on-one winds up creating a (new, separate) group chat with the three people in it. The new person cannot see the previous content of the chat, which is generally the reason for adding him/her. This seems broken.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add more languages to bots (for example Who-bot)

Who-Bot in Teams is great, but it would be even greater if it could speak different languages, like Norwegian. ;)

This bot doesn´t understand that many commands, so translating it shouldn´t be too difficult.

It would help user adoption if people could use their native language.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Customize Availablity

I would like the ability to change my availability to a custom message. We have people who are working but in a different location or offsite. This ability would allow people to better recognize "how" available someone is.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add a conversation view for channels

When I view a saved/bookmarked channel message, it brings up a special filtered view. The entire chat area is dedicated to just that thread. At the top is a link to "Go to the channel".

This view is really nice for viewing a long, involved thread without having to deal with the rest of the threads in the channel. I'd like an option to switch to this view for any thread in any channel. Maybe in the "..." flyout menu "Switch to thread view" or something.

In the browser, the URLs look like this:
    Channel URL: /_#/conversations/{Channel}?threadId={MyThreadID}@thread.skype&ctx=channel

Thread specific URL:…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Need to be able to use Website Feature, back, forward, get current URL etc.. Some navigation at least, people can integrate add any web ser

Need to be able to use Website channel tab feature more like say... a browser. Back, forward, get current URL etc.. Some navigation at least, people can integrate add any web service they use in meantime if you add some functionality.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. GIF

Often when the GIF plays, it enlarges, but the window to the gif doesn't, so there's no way to see the full image, and then there's no way to click into it. :( Help me, these GIFs get me through my work day and I can't survive without them.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. mobile app "Open in SharePoint"

We wish to make full use of SharePoint (metadata navigation, filtering and views) but by using Teams as the Hub - in the iOS app for certain, there is no option to open files in SharePoint like there is on the desktop app. This would be good.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Every time we attempt to start a video call teams crashes - stating it had a glitch - please fix this asap

Every time we attempt to start a video call teams crashes - stating it had a glitch - please fix this asap

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add ability to group message meeting attendees from the meetings tab

After selecting a meeting in the meetings tab, the details of that meeting populate. The one thing that seems to be missing is the ability to send a message to the attendee group from the details page of that meeting. I would need to go to chat and assemble a list of those people to start chatting in a group.

The other option would be to send an email to the group from here. This would prevent the user from needing the leave Teams, and go to Outlook.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Notifications when a member leaves a team

When one user adds/removes another user to team, we could see a notification within the General Channel. However, when a user or owner joins/leaves a team himself, there is no such notification.
    Feature request: Alert/warning message should be displayed on. Owners should be alerted by email if any of the member leave the TEAMS.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1. Don't make it automatically come up when the computer is first turned on. 2. Make it so that you can delete messages.

1) I don't want this to be the first thing I see when my computer turns on. Sometimes, I am around numerous people who do NOT need to see what my last messages were! That's just stupid.

2) Make it to where messages can be deleted. Who the heck designs a messaging platform that won't let you delete messages? Seriously?!
    3) Needs to use fewer system resources

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Load Office documents faster

It takes too long for documents to open in Teams compared, for example to Google Docs

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. stop suggesting the mobile app

Every time I start the desktop app I get a banner at the top suggesting the mobile app. Please make a way to disable ads.

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This request is still under review by the feature team.

-Warren

16. Delete/Hide all messages from a channel

Similarly to clearing logs, it would be very useful if the team owners can clear out all the previous messages in a channel.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Log out and all Teams does is log in again ... WTF???

So, I figure out a way to "log out" and all Teams wants to do is present a login dialog! WTF? When I leave, I want to leave! Is this some setting/behavior that employers want? Who knows? Back when we used Skype for Business, when I logged out - that was it. But Teams seems eerily 'sticky' and to keep me 'connected' in spite of MY preferences and my personal time. While you are at it - when I am 'Away' you should suppress messages and report to the originator that I am in fact 'Away'. But I guess none…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Need a way to view FAVORITE files or a Most Recently Used file list

I have a handful of spreadsheets that I use constantly. There doesn't seem to be any way to go to Teams | Files and view any sort of Recently used files like I can if I open Excel. I also don't see any way to flag a file as a Favorite file. Either of these options would make it much easier to find the files I need.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Support for custom bots

Custom bots (outgoung webhooks) are a great way to interface with a companies infrastructure, but are not supported in the mobile app of Microsoft Teams.
    Support would be much appreciated.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. First name search should return last name, first name in last name alphabetical order

In people search, First name search should return first - anyone I've texted with previously, then by last name, first name in last name alphabetical order. Right now it's returning in a seemingly random order.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base