Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. callling on slower networks

Provide options to make effective use of all existing call options on a phone (iPhone x app not responding when on slow networks)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Loosing text when typing.

A few times when I have been typing a long response or new conversation I have had teams drop the text and I loose my work. this appears to happen most when typing a series of bullet (or numbered) points. I have noticed it if I am typing in teams, go to another program and come back. There does not appear to be a way of 'saving' part of a post prior to sending. If I send, then come back to edit I loose pictures that I have pasted in.

Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks
    Brad

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. error when moving files on one drive

when accessing onedrive from the files tab and attempting to move files between folders we get an error message, then when we go and successfully move them through onedrive online we can see they moved in the teams app but get an error when trying to access the file. the file opens correctly in onedrive online.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Application for iPhone & iPad: Conversation date format needs to be update.

The teams application for iPhone & iPad does not show the year in date of conversation, so it some times becomes difficult to understand the date/time of old conversation. The format should be changed the same way we see in Windows PC application.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Channel notifcation

I have created a flow, every time someone is submitting a new item to a SharePoint list, to post a message to a channel in teams. Although i follow the channel, teams does not show any notifications.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Mobile App Signup

The company I work for just switched from Hipchat to Teams. One feature I liked with Hipchat is the mobile app.

When I went through the install process of teams for mobile on my personal phone there were way too many features and licenses I had to agree to using before installing the mobile app.

being that this is my personal phone and not the companies phone it would be nice to not be forced to have all those tracking features turned on.

Ultimately I chose not to install the app because its much to invasive. I have yet to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Android app get "Fail to send message after 10-15 minutes" this is anoying. I tried with removing the app and reinstalling it ... no success

Teams Android app get "Fail to send message after 10-15 minutes" this is annoying. I tried with removing the app and reinstalling it ... but no success.
    This happening to number of my company users. Pleases take an action as soon as possible.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Cannot edit Onenote in Teams anymore

I am no more able to edit Onenote content in Teams. I can view the Onenote page but without the ability to edit. Working on iMac with OS 10.13.2

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Personalized Team Avatars

Can you personalize a Team avatar? If not that would be neat.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Conversation Post History

This is just like Sent items in Outlook.

We can check replies/responses in Feed, but I just want to check what I have posted on Cenverasation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Assignment

It'd be great if students could see their assignments on their phones and to eventually use the app to do work.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. android

This request concerns push notifications for Android Mobile phones in China.

Microsoft has a good relationship with China and its message and communication platforms are not blocked, but if our employees use Microsoft Teams on Android in China they are out of luck.

All of Android's and Google Services are blocked and so are push notifications which are of a great importance to mobile devices for their battery life.

Luckily Baidu has a widely availble system in place and a Android appstore. Microsoft Teams is all ready available on Baidu Android appstore (and Tecent's 360.cn or qq,com), but the push…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Copy-paste bug removes first line break

macOS Sierra 10.12.6
    Microsoft Teams 1.0.00.30651

While composing a message, if you paste multi-line text at the end of existing text, the first line break of the pasted content is often omitted.

It's unclear when this does and does not happen, but each case is consistently reproducible.

The simplest case is to type the letter 'a', then, on the same line, paste this text (including line breaks):
    b
    c
    d

Expected result:
    ab
    c
    d

Actual result:
    abc
    d

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make more customizeable on what you want to

Option on what to see and not. I really don't want or need to see suggested colleagues. I want to see whom is online and not. Also issues with being available/online. I can be working and it goes unavailable on it's own. I have to go to the window and click on something within window (Teams).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. fat client customization

Teams is definitively great and we are thinking to use it as "intranet", indeed more as cockpit, for all employee. Therefore it would be great then to customize it with company logo and colors.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.