Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It would be helpful to be able to search Subject Lines or # identified words

It would be helpful to be able to search by Subject Line or to be able to mark key words with a # to search later. When I search for #, any words that I have marked with # would show up.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Send an instant message with Teams by clicking on an Office contact card IM icon

From an Office contact card, it should be possible to click on the Instant Messaging icon to inititate instant messaging thru Teams.
    Same with calls and videos.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Issues with Links

Links do not always direct you to the right page. Sometimes I'll link to a powerpoint but the link takes the individual to the general site. If I click the same link about three times, it'll take me to the correct page once, so its linked correctly.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Android widgit

I want a widget that I can place on my Android home page. I would like to be able to select a message thread and follow it without opening the app.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. deleted conversation items need to be hideable

I have 3 deleted conversation items which take up most of the page but cannot be "squashed" or hidden - this is another example of wasted space!

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. template

I am unsure if this already is mentioned...

We are looking into using Teams for handling Task Force /war room meetings.

Idea is to have a team called e.g. Incident Management Task Force, and then a new channel for each new incident. We would like to have some default tabs set up every time, like "Meeting minutes", "System status", "Actions" etc. These tabs should then have already designed notes or excel sheets.

In this way we will be able to start up a TF very fast, and all participants can switch between the tabs and see the info they like,…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Share Teams files/folder with External contacts, without requiring a login

Currently when you add a file within a Team there's no way to share that file with an external contact.
    I would like a way share a file from within teams with external contacts. I would also like them to be able to edit selected files as well as upload new files and have them show up in the channel's Sharepoint Directory.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Custom URI handlers

Hyperlinks with non-http or non-https prefixes do not currently work such as M-Files URLs that begin with m-files://

Please allow at least admins enable these custom URI handlers in Teams. They work perfectly in Slack :)

159 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Teams client doesn't handle resolution change well

When moving the desktop client between monitors with different resolutions (from 3840x2160 to 1920x1200 in this case) the text becomes blurry.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow sharing files with same name

Currently, we are unable to share files with the same name in Teams. If one user has already shared "Hello World.docx" another user can't then share a file in the chat with "Hello World.docx" as it's name, even if the contents are different. Would like to remove restrictions for what a file can be named while being shared in chat, would help stop some confusion as to why something can't be shared.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. You've got Money MS, buy ICQ or AIM and just use it like you did skype.

AOL has had better chat programs for 20+ years. Teams is garbage. Poor connectivity, poor delivered notifications and fix the damned scrolling FFS!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. After searching, when I click on a result it does not scroll to the discussion item.

After searching, when I click on a result it does not scroll to the discussion item.

While this is a cool product, it has MANY usablility issues. Is there a PM on this product?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please stop taking my text cursor away from me while I am typing while you popup a system tray notification about a Teams conversation.

Please stop taking my text cursor away from me while I am typing while you popup a system tray notification about a Teams conversation.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Voice thin client

When Microsoft starts pushing users to stop using Skype for Business and start using teams, I would like to have the option to "pop out" a thin client for the voice and presence. Sometimes I like to have different applications open and the thin skype for business client is perfect as it does not take up a lot of desktop real estate when it comes to communication or dialing like Teams does.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make deleted teams and channels recoverable

Have an undo or recover function for if a team or channel is accidentally deleted

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. user interface

should be able to collapse panels within Microsoft Teams app. For example, the panel to search and see favorites has gotten lot of white space. It makes the desktop less productive. It'd be awesome to be able to collapse it.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Stay unread till pressed read botton

When I go to Activity and press one of the new mention will automatically mark read on another thread's mention in the same channel which losts my attention. It is good to have a READ botton on the mention itself to manually mark as read, especially the mention was @ to me.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Spelling error in FAQ

There is a spelling error in the FAQ section of T-Bot.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. BUG : translateOnce code appears on mouse over event

Windows desktop client (hungarian locale) :

In the CHAT Window :

I move my cursor over the 3 dots and the alternate text shows the inline code <%= translateOnce(.... )

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base