Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Animation or video backgrounds for background effects

Allow for looped video or animated gifs as background effects. Think this could be a great addition to the existing still image background effects feature.

240 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dual monitor support for Collaboration Bars

Poly X50 devices support dual monitors, but the secondary monitor is unable to be used with the Teams Collaboration Bars

234 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

53 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Full integration with AirPods with Teams

Currently Teams loses connection to AirPods once AirPods are disconnected (as after a call). For the next call, AirPods don't connect without re-starting Teams. This is annoying AF

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bluetooth Headset - Volume Adjustment

I use an Apples AirPods Pro Bluetooth headset with Teams and find that the sound level is hard to control. I experience that the volume level is very high and only when I adjust to a volume setting as low as 1 or 2 it is acceptable for Teams meetings.

Further, setting up the use of Bluetooth headset with Teams seems unnecessary complicated.

Please let me know if there is anything you can do to upgrade the user experience when using a Bluetooth headset.

I run Teams via a HP Elitebook laptop and via the Teams app on an iPhone.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add support for Apple CarPlay

Will be nice that Microsoft Teams is integrated with Apple CarPlay so controls like mute/unmute can be done on the car controls.

Now when I have a call/meeting inside Microsoft Teams while Driving, the Phone is kept on and I need to control the call from the Phone.

On the car screen I see it as a phone call.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make it so everyone on the video conference can be seen at the same time

Currently when on a larger video conference only 4 people are shown where other apps such as Zoom you can see all participants in the video conference at the same time.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Set a default green screen background for video calls vs. while making the call

Set a default green screen background for video calls vs. while making the call. This is a great feature - but it would be great if the background could be set as the default up front vs. during/in the call

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Manage cameras and microphones of students in Teams Education

As a teacher I would like to be able to switch on and off the cameras and microphones of my students. Zoom as this possibility and it really helps to be sure the students will attend the lesson till the end of the lesson.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Flip the local view but does not change the remote site view.

Please let the microsoft teams has the option to have the local image filpped, and does not change the customer's review.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. add option to be able to change the video call background BEFORE joining a ONE to ONE video call.

In Team meetings, there is an option to change the video background right before joining a meeting but such option is not available for One on One video calls BEFORE making a video call (we can change the background during the call but not BEFORE the call). It is very handy to add this option to the Teams

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Air Pod and Air Prod Pro compatibility

Please make Air Pods and Air Pod Pros compatible with Teams.

Thanks

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Audio Device Settings

Hello, I really stuggle to toggle between audio devices using teams as it doesn't seem to automatically use the audio device chosen on the PC and I can't seem to be able to change this directly from teams.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Improve Audio & Video Quality

There's a lot of improvement required in Microsoft Teams Video Quality. WHen it's compared with Zoom, MS-Teams quality is way behind and gives a basic video quality. It's audio quality is also not that good compare to other platforms.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Filter on camera

I use Teams and Zoom. I like that Zoom has a filter on the video/camera so it softens the image. We don't look so overworked :)

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. surface headphones

I just purchased the Surface Headphones and unfortunately, the touch pad functionality does not work well with Microsoft Teams. I don't want to switch to a "compatibility approved" Jabra product, since the comfort and features on Surface Headphones are great. Is there a timeline on when Microsoft Teams will be fully compatible with Surface Headphones? Things like, answering and declining calls? Muting functionality?

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Walkie Talkie feature on Teams mobile app

In your article: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/blog/2020/01/09/8-new-capabilities-microsoft-365-empower-firstline-workers/, it mentioned "...The capability will be available in the Teams mobile app and integrate with the newly unveiled Samsung Galaxy XCover Pro...". will the capability be "integrated" with other type of mobile phones? or this is a generic function that can work with any phone?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. viewing more than 4 video cam in the screen in the meeting at the same time.

viewing more than 4 video cam in the screen in the meeting at the same time.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Prompt to switch to bluetooth audio device when in range

Please prompt before changing audio devices during an active call. Current behavior is that Teams automatically switches without any feedback to user when a BT headset comes in range.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Sound level compression within Teams is now far to aggressive.

When I started using Teams the sound was relaxed and of higher quality than Skype. But now Teams compress the microphone sound to the most extreme, making it very aggressive and unpleasant to listen to. This is regardless of device used. I want the voice nuances back. Today we get smacked in the face with hard compressed voices all day long. It also creates problems for AEC on most devices, generating artifacts and scratching effects. Our Skype Room Systems also suffer from this. Please turn down the compression level again. Please.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base