Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add an option to disable auto-adjusting mic level

When on the call the Teams will automatically adjust the mic sensitivity level. I want it to stay at the same level. It's really annoying as it picks up background sounds when not talking. Also, it doesn't readjust it after the call, so i.e. if I had set level 50% before the call the Teams will readjust it to 80% and it will stay at 80% after the call has ended. This forces me to keep manually adjusting the mic level. It's a minor thing, but really infuriating. Would be really great, to just have a checkbox to disable mic…

2,820 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

553 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Full integration with AirPods with Teams

Currently Teams loses connection to AirPods once AirPods are disconnected (as after a call). For the next call, AirPods don't connect without re-starting Teams. This is annoying AF

211 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Attach picture from camera for student work in assignments

Please give students the option to take a picture with their camera when attaching student work to an assignment.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add support for Apple CarPlay

Will be nice that Microsoft Teams is integrated with Apple CarPlay so controls like mute/unmute can be done on the car controls.

Now when I have a call/meeting inside Microsoft Teams while Driving, the Phone is kept on and I need to control the call from the Phone.

On the car screen I see it as a phone call.

182 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bluetooth Headset - Volume Adjustment

I use an Apples AirPods Pro Bluetooth headset with Teams and find that the sound level is hard to control. I experience that the volume level is very high and only when I adjust to a volume setting as low as 1 or 2 it is acceptable for Teams meetings.

Further, setting up the use of Bluetooth headset with Teams seems unnecessary complicated.

Please let me know if there is anything you can do to upgrade the user experience when using a Bluetooth headset.

I run Teams via a HP Elitebook laptop and via the Teams app on an iPhone.

106 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Unmute headset microphone using physical mute button during Teams Meetings (fails 66% of the time)

Microsoft partially released hardware mute control to Teams ~ August of 2018, but since then I have experienced MORE issues vs less with call control. Here's the scenario:

• Inside a Teams conference or call, press the hardware mute button on the headset. Teams matches this with a software mute as well 100% of the time.

• Try to unmute the call from the hardware button on the headset, and I find that Teams only software-unmutes ~30% of the time.

Microsoft reference a handful of models with known issues, but I suggest that many, many more models suffer these problems, such as…

210 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. we need more certified Bluetooth device

I brought the Noise Cancelling Sony WH-CH710N over the ear for the comfort, to use it in teams and listen to music during work (8hrs a day). I cant just return them now to get a credit towards a purchase of a much more expensive headset like the Bose and the EPOS ADAPT.... How does the bluetooth headset that I have get certified by Microsoft?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Don’t turn off the camera on iPad in split screen

When an iPad is used in split screen with Teams being one of the Apps, the camera turns off. It would be useful to allow iPad users to participate with video in a Teams call and have a second app open on the iPad for reference material at the same time.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Set a default green screen background for video calls vs. while making the call

Set a default green screen background for video calls vs. while making the call. This is a great feature - but it would be great if the background could be set as the default up front vs. during/in the call

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. add option to be able to change the video call background BEFORE joining a ONE to ONE video call.

In Team meetings, there is an option to change the video background right before joining a meeting but such option is not available for One on One video calls BEFORE making a video call (we can change the background during the call but not BEFORE the call). It is very handy to add this option to the Teams

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sound level compression within Teams is now far to aggressive.

When I started using Teams the sound was relaxed and of higher quality than Skype. But now Teams compress the microphone sound to the most extreme, making it very aggressive and unpleasant to listen to. This is regardless of device used. I want the voice nuances back. Today we get smacked in the face with hard compressed voices all day long. It also creates problems for AEC on most devices, generating artifacts and scratching effects. Our Skype Room Systems also suffer from this. Please turn down the compression level again. Please.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Multi-channel Audio - USB interface compatibility

Compatibility for multi-channel USB audio devices (e.g. Focusrite Scarlett 2i2) where there are multiple channels for audio input, only 1 channel appears as the main audio in Teams (e.g. microphone on channel 1, MP3 player on channel 2 - only the channel 1 microphone appears in Teams). Would like to have both audio inputs show up in Teams - e.g. control of background music while speaking through the microphone.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Microsoft teams client for smart TVs (Tizen, webOS, Android TV, etc)

Now that we are all working from home due to COVID-19, I'd like to be able to run the Microsoft Teams app natively on my smart TV (Tizen OS) so I can connect an HD camera to the TV via USB and take video calls from my living room. I want to be able to do this without having to hook up my computer to my TV. At minimum be able to cast to my TV via Chromecast or similar platform.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. allow camera selection on android (front/back; external webcam if connected from chromebooks)

allow camera selection on android (front/back; external webcam if connected from chromebooks), for app, maybe browser mode if possible

Android (especially chromebook) can support multiple cameras, and the chromebook camera app allows external webcams to be selected but apps like teams/skype assume that you will always use the front camera of the phone or the built in webcam of a chromebook (not always very high res). Would like ability to connect a better webcam (upto 1080x 60fps) to android device and use that instead

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow users to join a video call/ Chat from multiple devices just like you can do within a Teams Meeting.

The ability to join a Teams Meeting from multiple devices is incredible. It allows the user to define their audio and video by device. Cool! This functionality however cannot be done from within a general video call/ Teams Chat. Please change this.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Manage cameras and microphones of students in Teams Education

As a teacher I would like to be able to switch on and off the cameras and microphones of my students. Zoom as this possibility and it really helps to be sure the students will attend the lesson till the end of the lesson.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Improve Audio & Video Quality

There's a lot of improvement required in Microsoft Teams Video Quality. WHen it's compared with Zoom, MS-Teams quality is way behind and gives a basic video quality. It's audio quality is also not that good compare to other platforms.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Air Pod and Air Prod Pro compatibility

Please make Air Pods and Air Pod Pros compatible with Teams.

Thanks

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add feature to rotate camera image 180 degrees

Using Teams for Desktop. I need to rotate camera image 180 degrees. One of your many competitors Zoom provides option to rotate camera image at 90 degree steps. It works very well. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005859366-Manually-Rotate-Camera
    Please contact Zoom and find out how they have added camera rotate feature and then add to Teams for Desktop. Thank you

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. "Secondary ringer" also working for "chat notifications"

"Secondary ringer" currently only works for Calls, make it also work for "chat notifications".

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base