Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. outlook integrations for shifts

Once a user is assigned a schedule within shifts the schedule should sync to their outlook calendar.

It would also be nice to see Available shifts in outlook and be able to accept them (or at least link to the shift in teams to be able to accept)

3,200 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

426 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Shift notification update

When I make a change in Shifts and a notification is sent to the affected Teams members it only indicates that their schedule was changed. My recommendation would be to indicate which shift, or day, was changed. I manage the schedule for 86 security officers and am constantly making changes to their schedules. We provide security at several locations and need to reassign officers to these different locations several times per week. When I make a change in Shifts, it would be extremely helpful to let our officers know what day and shift was changed.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Default view for Shifts

Currently Shifts defaults to my shifts upon opening, however, my primary task is to look at how the team shifts are scheduled at. I would like to propose an option to have the ability to change the default view to what suits.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Member to see all SHIFT entries

A member of a team should be able to see other members' roaster/entries without being an Owner.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Shifts time clock on desktop

At the moment, shifts time clock is only available on mobile. It would be useful to add the time clock on desktop too.

331 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Shifts - Date localisation

Ability to localise dates - In at least AU and UK we use DD/MM - its becomes confusing quickly when half the dates are in local and the other half are in US format

208 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  28 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Recurring Shifts

Allow setting a shift as recurring with beginning and end dates

1,112 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

149 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! We are hard at work improving the Shifts app experience including adding recurring shifts. In the meantime, we wanted to share some tips and tricks to help with some pain-points mentioned:
    1) Make Edits to Your Schedule (Delete, Undo, Minor Copy Edits): Shifts works similarly to Excel in certain regards, so make sure to highlight shifts with your mouse and utilize keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Ctrl+Z) to copy, delete, or undo actions. We find it helpful doing this particularly in month view and week view.
    2) Copy Button: Use the copy button on the top right to copy any timeframe you need for the entire schedule.
    3) Search for Shifts in Creation Phase: When creating a shift, utilize the search command to find shifts that have already been created in the past.

We’ll keep you posted when we have more news!

8. shifts notifications

SHIFTS: Notifications for upcoming shifts
    StaffHub sent an email to the user assigned to a Shift, to remind them of an upcoming shift. It would be very helpful to have this as an option Teams.

509 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. In Shifts, allow multiple shift offering ie. Monday to Friday offer in one block.

At present we can only offer one shift at a time to someone (similar with swap shifts), What I'm proposing here is that multiple shifts can be offered or swapped as a block, say for example I have 3 weeks worth of work to request that the engineering team leader accepts (if they have the resource availability in the schedule) and then they can freely move those shifts around but essentially I need to block offer that booking up and know if the entire block or some of it can be accommodated instead of having to offer up individual days/shifts…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. add an alert in Shifts before clock in

is it possible to add an alert that requires action by a staff member before they can clock in Shifts?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Shifts - Let non owner manage shifts

Only team members with owner role are able to manage shifts.

Would be helpfull to define shifts manager seperate from their team role.
    Shifts are also assigned by supervisors, which are only team member and assigning owner role is not desired.

819 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  101 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Import Shifts Template Enhancements

It would be nice if the Import template had ALL options associated with shifts. For example, I name my shifts (i.e. an 8 hour swing shift is an S8), and code them a specific color, but the import feature does not have options for this which means I have to go through manually and change everything after the fact.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. default settings / landing page in Shifts

If you are member in several teams that are using shifts it is necessary to navigate to your main shift group first, which is confusing for some users.
    In addition, you'll need to jump to the current week manualy.
    Could we get an user based, save-able default setting for shifts, so you'll need to only set it up once (default Group/Team & always show current week)?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Multiple Time Zones in Shifts

Need the ability to have multiple Time Zones in Shifts. For Global companies a single Time Zone just doesn't cut it.

283 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Shifts - Delete/Remove Schedule for Team

Allow the Deletion or Removal of a Schedule for a Team. Currently there is no option through the Desktop, Web or Mobile App.

722 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  98 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Adding Shifts as team tab

With Shifts now in place in Teams, it would also be nice to have a channel tab for Shifts, for easy access within the channels themselves.

714 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. API Time Clock data in the Shifts app Microsoft Teams ?

Hai,,

I can’t find anything referring to be able to pull time clock data on docs.

Please Add the time clock API from the Shifts app to help my administrator get attendance data directly

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Guest user in Shifts

Would like to add guest users in Shifts as they work alongside other team members.

497 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

120 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Shifts - Add Alphabetize option for team members

There should be a member search option as well as an alphabetize members option when viewing the schedule groups.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 35 36
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base