Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Customize "Join or Create a Team"

Our company has additional governance in Teams and SharePoint where we require that our users request new Teams and SharePoint sites in Service Now. It would be awesome to allow for a simple button that takes those that are looking to create a new team to that form directly. No matter how much ACM we apply we get this question almost daily. "How can I create my own Team?" because when they click on "Join or create a team" it takes them to the directory of existing teams or option to join with a code.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 89 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable conversation with read only documents

As a teacher who is not setting up meetings for my pupils during timetabled classes, I discovered that in 'files' I could start a conversation about my oneNote. I am using oneNote as my 'board' while remote learning takes place.
    I assumed that pupils could see the set up the same way while we were online together. Unfortunately I discovered that they couldn't after three weeks. A large numbers of them going between multiple devices to see the oneNote and follow the live interactions on the teams thread.
    I would like pupils to have the function 'conversation' on locked documents…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. multiple accounts/sign in options

Can have multiple options to sign in with.
    Like may be with company account as well as personal account.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 124 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Pop out Calendar, Chats, Teams and Calls into different windows.

Teams would be very more productive if you could pop out Calendar, Chats, Teams and Calls into different windows and work on them individually. Currently on windows disappears when you open another, very confusing. To be able to pop out any of the side bar items would be better.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Customize Usage reports

Hello Team!

At the moment the usage report can be set to past 7, 30, 90 and 180 days ending with the date two days before the submit day.

Due to the source stream delay, a day can be skipped sometimes. Since this statistic can be very important for users, we'd like to recommend additional customization options:
    1. Option to set report ending date. This way, if a date has been skipped due to source stream delay, we'd be able to download the report for the time period after a few days.
    2. Please enable the report for one day.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Update the description for Public Teams

When a new Team is being created and the user selects whether the Team will be Public or Private, update the description of a Public group so instead of just saying, "Anyone in your org can join" also add, "Anyone in your org can discover the content posted in this Team."

We have had issues where people were monitoring the membership in their public team, but not thinking about what was posted in the Files tab. Other people - outside the team - discovered documents from the team that they should not have been able to see.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please add spell check for feedback box and tasks/assignments box.

Please add a German spell check for the 'giving feedback box' and the field/box in which you describe a new task/assignment. In the chat it already works.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Default color (Violet color) looks not dynamic, positive, should have more color options

Default color (Violet color) looks not dynamic, positive, should have more color options

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. No Approval required when getting added to contact list / Status exposure

At the moment, everyone is allowed to add you as a contact in teams without the need of approval from the one being added.

Also Status is exposed to everyone outside of my company without the chance to hide.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. There needs to be a way to sign in that does not require text capability on your phone.

I have been using computers since 1965, but I do not have text capability on my home phone or my mobile, which I only use for emergencies. There should be some alternate way to verify if you do not have text capability.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. If you couls visit Ofline

If you could go on teams without Internet connection or using data

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Not an idea, but a comment. Would it be possible to have a direct link to Teams training on an iPad?

I wish it was possible to have a directly link / more functionality, (e.g internal training from an iPad), which I understand is available on a desk / laptop... or this an issue to do with your access rights?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Top 10 Play Schools in Noida

Entire campus is very colorful and vibrant which attracts children the most. Kothari Starz is one of the Best Preschool and Top 10 Play Schools in Noida. We are providing the best education for children's at an affordable price and good infrastructure. View more at https://www.kotharistarz.com/top-10-play-schools-in-noida.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Automatically join calls that are sequencing

Give five seconds time limit to decline automatic join for sequenced meetings

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Lobby

It would be great if we had music in the lobby while we wait for the meeting to accept

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. For upgrades from Teams Free, please provide a function that can be completed with contract forms other than Direct contract.

When upgrading from Teams Free, I contacted Microsoft Support and confirmed that the following public information steps can only be completed with a direct contract that allows you to change the number of licenses depending on the number of users in your tenant.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/29475bbd-a34f-4175-9b33-d44430f8ad39

In the end, I couldn't upgrade using the public information procedure above, but in operation I completed domain ownership verification and was a tenant administrator, so I signed a contract with a promoted management tenant. .. By assigning a license to the user, it started to be used Teams as a paid version. Become an administrator…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Open Help Menu opens in new Teams Window

Keep customers within Teams by popping the Help Menu as a new window so lessons learned can be applied side by side with Team applying to. Current navigation is back and forth or open link in browser.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base