Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. peripherals

As we implement TEAMS to our global organizations the TEAMS enabled phone options is lacking for manufacturing areas and common areas.

The Poly, Audiocodes and Yealink devices are great for general office spaces. But need a simpler phone for common area like guest phone in front lobby or ruggedized phone for manufacturing areas that does require a large touchscreen display.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Access to personal outlook contacts from IP Phone (Yealink T55A, T56A, T58A)

When using an IP Phone like Yealink T55A, T56A or T58A teams edition you are able to access your global address book but you can't access your personal contact from outlook.

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Request to allow JP input on Teams IP Phones

Teams IP Phones with Japanese language cannot input Japanese characters in contact search bar etc.. Request to allow JP input on Teams IP Phones

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Face-ID / Touch-ID Login

A great idea would be Face-ID or Touch-ID for the application like it’s provided at the Outlook App for different mobile devices or tablets. This would be a great feature so secure the access.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Integrate Microsoft Teams VoIP with Zoho CRM PhoneBridge

We are using Zoho CRM and Zoho have require developpers of VoIP providers to fill in a form in order to come in contact with them so they can integrate directly in the CRM via PhoneBridge.

Here is the link to fill in the form:
    https://www.zoho.com/phonebridge/

Can someone in Microsoft Teams VoIP team please contact Zoho in order to make the connection for this integration to work.

I would love to be able to initiate a call directly from our CRM with Teams and that a pop up window opens when I receive a call from a customer.

Thank you…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 3cx integration

3CX integration please. Able to use the 3cx phone system via teams interface.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Pull up Teams Contacts from Desk Phone

We can see that new MS Teams accounts are now able to pull up / sync contacts from Outlook. What we would like to have is a feature on (Android powered with MS Teams app installed) Desk Phones that will be able to pull up MS Teams contacts so that the contact information will show when a contact calls in.

We believe that this feature addition should be done on Microsoft's side, specifically for Desk Phones running on Android. However, we can see that this feature is not yet available even for Teams mobile (both on Android and iOS) and…

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please add background effect on iPad

Background set up possible only on laptop but not possible on iPad. I Suggest that please add background effects add on iPad

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Backgrounds

Couldn’t find the backgrounds while using the app in my phone.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. conference bridge multiple phone numbers

As a multi-national organization, it would be nice to have functionality that allowed all users to receive calls from local numbers. We have several conference bridge phone numbers, one for each country we operate in, but for some reason it is impossible to configure multiple "default conference bridge numbers" (the number that shows up on callerID when you add someone to a Skype call).

We can set default conference bridge per user, but this currently only affects the default bridge included in their meeting invite....it doesn't change the bridge that gets used when calling out to add people to a…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Support for portable wifi enabled phones or Dect

Allow vendors to develop and deploy wireless portable devices for calling.

There is no device on market for both Skype online or Teams that is Wireless and portable. Deploying mobile phones with Teams or the Skype at is not professional and does not work well in testing.

Vendors have claimed this is due to Microsoft refusing to certify this type of device.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Conference Dial-in Numbers for ECUADOR

Please include a Conference Dial-in Number for ECUADOR, I believe it's the only country in Latin America that is not available.

I participate at least 30 hours weekly in Teams meeting, and had to call to US or Colombia if Internet is unstable (and need to connect thru a land-line).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enable CNAM (Calling Party Name) in Canada.

Right now our users only see incoming phone numbers, we would like to see the Calling Party Name.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make icons and status more visible/larger on Teams IP phones

With the latest update we now have Favorites and some new sections on the home screen. However the UI icons (Calls, Calendar, Voicemail, Search, Park) and user status for people are very small. While the favorite button itself is larger, the photo is small and the status is a small colored dot. Plus the menu options on the bottom of the display (Calls, Calendar, Voicemail) are small and the text is hard for some people to read.

I would like to suggest improving the visibility of the buttons and status icons. Everything should be a little larger and the status…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Support for expansion modules / sidecars on desk phones

I noticed that a few phone manufacturers now support Teams on desk phones - such as the Yealink T56A, what it doesn't support is the expansion modules that are extremely useful for receptionist. Skype for Business supported the Yealink T48G and the EXP40 expansion module. The T56A supports the EXP50 module but Teams doesn't support the module, only the desk phone itself.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. TAPI for crm integration

Our VoIP phone system is up for renewal in 18months. I'd like to move the company across to Teams for telephony but without TAPI I cant do that. Any chance of creating a Teams TAPI extension our plugin so we can use with a variety of CRMs?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow Admins to Remotely Login Phones

Going from an environment where PIN Auth could remotely login a customer's phone without any interaction from the user, to requiring the user to login is a terrible burden placed on the implementation & IT support team. If not PowerShell, at least an option on the teams admin device management page to select what user to login. https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/devices/manage

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Calendar display on teams phone should filter private meetings from calendar display

My teams phone (Yealink T58A) displays all the details of my calendar items including those which have been marked as private. without locking my phone, which I prefer not to do, anyone is able to look through this information which I would like to keep private. I would like to make my phone teams display either filter private calendar items or not display my calendar at all.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Speed Dial list view

The ability to have the option for speed dials to shows up as list view instead of tiles on phones

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base