Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Call Forward Options for Teams Phones in Common Area and Meeting Sign-in Modes

Since firmware updates were released for Teams native phones in January, the calling options (including call forward) were moved to behind the Admin Only settings menu, which is undesirable because we put a password on those settings to stop people messing with them.

See https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/call-forwarding-has-disappeared-from-our-common/aaf4ad07-9e94-4fb5-bf7c-4597b3c5cce5

We have some use cases where users who sign in to phones in CAP and Meeting modes need to use call forward functionality. Rather than arbirarily putting those options behind the the Admin Only menu, this is a suggestion to make it a configurable option using the "CsTeamsIPPhonePolicy" set of commandlets.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Common Area Phone speed dial or favourites list

IP Phones configured in Common Area Mode should support a speed dial or favourites list allowing specific contacts or groups to be dialled with a single button push rather than dialling a person or group's phone number.

Scenarios where this would be beneficial are a lobby phone, hallway phone or reception phone.

Ideally, modifications would be locked on the IP Phone to prevent unauthorised modifications, and access to the dial pad would also be optionally locked the same as with the search and call park features.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create specific presence indicator for being on the phone with Teams calling

When a person is using the calling feature on Teams, you can see this state if you hover over the presence indicator (which is red). It would be handy if there was a presence indicator which showed them being actually on a call (while using teams calling/pbx). Something similar to the do not disturb, which is the red with a white line in it. Maybe a red dot with a small white phone icon or other dedicated status indicator

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Assign Users Directly to Teams Phones

Admins need the option to assign users directly to Teams Phones without having the end user sign in or the admins remotely sign in to the device. It should just be a simple step when assigning the number to also assign a device that has been pre-populated into Teams admin center. Once the user is assigned it should log them into the device and NEVER log them out using this method, until the phone is re-assigned.

End users signing themselves in or admins signing in on their behalf grows tedious and does not work for all orgs. The result is…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to downgrade the firmware version on IP Phones.

We would like to have the ability to downgrade the firmware version on IP Phones. If a newer version coming with a bug, we can immediately to downgrade the version to the old one to avoid outage until the latest version without bug is released.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Call Forward doesn't retain the original caller ID

When calls are forwarded to another external extension (i.e. mobile) the number that came up on the mobile is the user phone number and not the original number of the person calling who has been forwarded to the mobile. It would be great to retain the original caller so user knows who is calling.

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Integrate Microsoft Teams VoIP with Zoho CRM PhoneBridge

We are using Zoho CRM and Zoho have require developpers of VoIP providers to fill in a form in order to come in contact with them so they can integrate directly in the CRM via PhoneBridge.

Here is the link to fill in the form:
    https://www.zoho.com/phonebridge/

Can someone in Microsoft Teams VoIP team please contact Zoho in order to make the connection for this integration to work.

I would love to be able to initiate a call directly from our CRM with Teams and that a pop up window opens when I receive a call from a customer.

Thank you…

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Standard SIP support for phones

This made the new back in 2020, announcing support in the first half of 2021.

I cannot find any information.

This is a must and can definitely onboard all those companies that have invested in hardware and offset the cost.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Need powershell cmdlets to manage Devices (IP phones etc.))

The Devices (IP phone) management in Teams (from Teams Admin center Devices menu) is just a mess. No way to know which device was already assigned to a "Configuration profiles".
    it does not push the new settings to the device when the "Configuration profiles" changed.
    some IP phones are never show up as an IP phones from "Devices".
    Need to see the member of a "Configuration profiles".
    It is the best to have powershell cmdlets to manage the device.
    Such as "Get-CSteamsdevices, Set-CSteamsdevices, Set-CSTeamsDevicesProfiles, Grant-CSTeamsDevicesProfiles, get-csteamsDevicesProfilesmememer, set-csteamsDevicesProfilesmememer, Update-csteamsdevice, reboot -csteamsdevice, remove-csteamsdevice, remove-CSTeamsDevicesProfiles...
    etc.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. How to Export OST to PST

Opt OST to PST Converter from KDETools technology which has must popular solution. This OST file converter tool to convert OST file to PST file and also save all Emails properties. By using this OST to PST export tool all MS Outlook users can split large size of PST files. It is a very useful Outlook e-mail conversion utility to export the OST data to PST in trouble –freeway. It easily transfer OST to PST file, Office 365 files , Zimbra, Gmail, EML, EMLX, vCard, ICS, MSG, Live Exchange server, MBOX and etc.

How to Convert OST to PST Outlook…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Can we have more Time Format in the Device Configuration Profiles?

Currently there are only two available Time Formats in the IP Phones > Configuration Profiles.
    The Time Formats are: DD\MM\YYYY & MM\DD\YYYY. We would like to have especially in APAC for YYYY\MM\DD & YYYY\DD\MM

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Export a history log of Teams phone calls

I use Teams to make external audio calls. I would like an option to be able to export a log of the outgoing calls I made, or incoming calls received/missed. I'm currently in dispute with a supplier about how many times I've called it recently and how long I've been on hold.

I can drag the cursor over the screen and copy/paste or take a screenshot, but a csv export log of call, number, date, time, duration, etc. would be perfect.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. TAPI for crm integration

Our VoIP phone system is up for renewal in 18months. I'd like to move the company across to Teams for telephony but without TAPI I cant do that. Any chance of creating a Teams TAPI extension our plugin so we can use with a variety of CRMs?

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Admin portal firmware rollback / downgrade

The Poly CCX received an update that causes handset and speaker phone to have issues and right now the only way to revert is touching every phone with a usb to downgrade to previous version of the software. The Teams admin portal should be able to give a choice of software so the software can be pushed out exactly like an upgrade.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Outlook OST Converter software

Trying an automated tool like Instant Data Care OST to PST Converter Software can the one stop solution for your OST to PST migration. You can export any type of mailbox component like emails, notes, contacts, calendars, tasks, attachments, etc. Moreover you can use it as a OST file viewer. There is no limitation of file size and the file structure remains the same. You can try it for free as well.
    How to Convert OST to PST
    https://www.kdetools.com/ost/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Work aversion - I need a cure

New member here.

Quick life history:

Grew up in a midwest college town, lived a leave it to beaver life. Graduated college, followed my dreams and worked at ski resorts in Colorado and northern California, then a summer of commercial salmon fishing in Alaska. Moved back to the midwest, couldn't find a job in my field, joined the USAF as a crew member on a big cargo jet. Flew around the world for 10 years. Got married, started a sales/tech business, made about $150K a year. Wife divorced me stole my kids, started a 4 year court battle, I came…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. peripherals

As we implement TEAMS to our global organizations the TEAMS enabled phone options is lacking for manufacturing areas and common areas.

The Poly, Audiocodes and Yealink devices are great for general office spaces. But need a simpler phone for common area like guest phone in front lobby or ruggedized phone for manufacturing areas that does require a large touchscreen display.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to lock device (without having to wait for it to timeout). Also, an indication to show "Call forwarding" is currently turned ON.

Both features are crucial. They used to both be available on the Skype firmware.
    Users should not have to wait for the device to timeout to lock itself. They should be able to tap to 'lock' i.e. when moving away from their desk.
    There should be a symbol/ icon to indicate that the call forwarding feature has currently been turned ON. This is crucial in Service scenarios where a number of people (i.e. working different shifts) use the same phone, so they are aware it is currently ON and can then turn it OFF.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Reporting

In order to pull a simple inventory report of user name, email,phone numbers,license type etc I had to spent couple of hours with support on case#26867893 and I would recommend you to make this report available in Teams Admin Console.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base