Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. multiple admins for breakout rooms

in situations where more than 1 person is managing/admining a meeting the meeting organizer should be able to "promote" participants to meeting admin to manage Breakout Rooms

4,448 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

595 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. live captions in portuguese brazil

Live caption in Teams both meetings and live events to have Portuguese Brazil available.

8,703 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1710 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Prepare meeting breakout rooms

As a creator of a meeting I want to prepare my breakout rooms before the meeting gets started. So i already assigned people to rooms before the meeting is going to start.

When the meeting is in progress i Only need to open the rooms.

Next to that you want to send documents directly from the main room to the breakout rooms

1,379 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

158 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add live captions in south Slavic languages

Live caption in Teams meetings to have south Slavic languages available such as Serbian, Croatian, Bosnian etc.

509 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Assign multiple organizers on a Teams meeting

It would be great if Teams could allow us to assign multiple meeting organizers on a meeting because currently only the organizer can change the meeting option and close the meeting and the meeting can only have a single organizer. This is not convenient for our business.

4,046 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

490 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add the full screen option during Screen Sharing and Meetings

Why did Teams remove the full screen Option during Screen Sharing and Meetings? This was an option before and now it's been replaced by "Focus" which DOES NOT do the same thing. Now ever time someone share their screen with me, I have to squint at what they're showing. The Focus option does nothing. We used to be able to full screen shared screens and see everything at the proper size. It is unprofessional of Microsoft to keep removing and changing useful features without any notice.

1,631 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

232 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. See participants while sharing screen

Currently, participants can see others while the screen is shared. But the presenter cannot. I would like it to be able to see participants while sharing my screen.

4,307 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

564 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Virtual background support for Linux

Please add support for using a virtual background on Linux.

Suggested initial level of support:
    * Support using a green/blue screen to determine where to replace the background (i.e., simple overlay).
    * Support using a user provided PNG or JPEG image for the virtual background.

Future level of support:
    * Support blur or replace of the background without needing a green/blue screen (this would understandably require either a GPU for acceleration or a very high performance CPU).
    * Support using a MPEG or OGG video for the virtual background.

Using V4L2 hardware acceleration (when available) would be preferred to doing…

1,112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Assign Custom background to entire Organisation from Teams Admin Portal

Assign Custom background to a entire Organisation from Teams Admin Portal
    This would include the ability to upload a custom Company approved custom Teams meeting background uploaded and optionally set as default background for all users.

1,842 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

234 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make Video Recordings automatically upload to Stream Again.

Make Video Recordings automatically upload to Stream Again. It was a VERY BAD decision to change this functionality. Our Teachers were all trained on making video lessons and sharing with Students. Now, they are ready to hang me. CHANGE THIS BACK BEFORE I AM ERASED, ALONG WITH TEAMS!

989 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

93 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Teams meeting lobby - allow "selected people" to bypass lobby

With the new "Only me" option for bypassing the lobby, this puts huge onus on organisers who might not normally expect to attend a meeting but where the meeting has a requirement to hold particpants int eh lobby.

For example ...

Person A sets up a MS Teams meeting that we will use to teach a random group of students about a topic. Person A sets the lobby to "only me" and invites person B as a "presenter". They also invite 100 random students.

On the delivery day Person A arrives and admits person B from the lobby shortly before…

831 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

111 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Toggle video camera mirroring on or off for Teams calls

ISSUE: Video feed is always mirrored during a Teams call, meaning that written text, such as on a whiteboard, is displayed incorrectly.
    SOLUTION: Provide a toggle option to not mirror the camera when in a video call.

3,940 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

940 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your continued feedback, the team is currently planning for this work. We will share an update as soon as one is available.

Note: Your meeting attendees receive a non-mirrored video including the image of you and any text, whiteboards, etc. The image and video in your Call Monitor screen is shown to you only, as if you were looking in a mirror.

13. Self-selecting breakout rooms

Organizers can create different break out rooms for different discussion topics, and meeting attendees can choose which one to go to (maybe by selecting a button at the appropriate time in the meeting)? This would be very useful for teachers or meeting organizers who want to give attendees choices without needing to preassign attendees or trying to sort attendees into the appropriate groups once meetings have started. In our case, we had Back to School Night for parents, and parents had a hard time using the different links to go to the presentations they wanted to see (similar to the…

494 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. screen sharing on wayland

Screen sharing on wayland is not yet supported. The teams app crashes and restarts.

See this issue on the electron app https://github.com/electron/electron/issues/23063

341 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Together mode in Linux

Working towards feature parity on Linux - can we get Together mode on Linux?

481 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Non-team member and guest ability to use chat in a channel meeting

When hosting a meeting in a Teams Channel, non-team members from within my organization and external guests from outside the organization can't view or type in the meeting chat. It's fantastic that we can host meetings in our Teams Channels so that the chat remains for us to reference later in the Channel. It would be even better, if all individuals (team members, in organization non-team members, and external guests) invited to the Channel Meeting could participate in the Meeting Chat.

934 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Use multiple monitors in team calls, split content (monitor A) and webcam (monitor B)

I have a meeting room with two monitors. I would like to be able to use both monitors in a call. For example when we are called by the product owner, I would like to split the video:
    1. On monitor A: The powerpoint presentation
    2. On monitor B: The presenters webcam

Now this is not possible. Only one monitor can be used. The presentation will be in full screen. The presenter in a small square at the button.

This functionality is present in Skype for business. Why isn't this integrated in MS teams?

1,524 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

116 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Pop out for video/live events/meetings

During live seminars or video conferences it would be helpful to pop out the session into a separate window so that we have full access to the teams main app during these sessions. It is distracting to have to switch to different chats even when though we already have the pop out chats.

570 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. View more participants in Linux

View more pariticipants in Linux
    Only four atm

824 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I want you to be able to control the notification sound for lobby waiting.

A notification tone sounds when there are users waiting in the lobby.
    If this notification sound is present during the meeting, it will interfere with the meeting.
    Therefore, please implement the function that controls this notification sound.

541 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

98 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 435 436
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base