Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Meeting Options open in Teams app

Why the MEETING OPTIONS have to open in separate browser and why we have to click twice to see the MEETING OPTIONS? Why can’t we have the

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Optimize Media (Video) during Screen Sharing

Video should be optimized during screen sharing. Participants always received a "stopmotion-like" or dropped frames video.This greatly affect my teaching as I need to share video reference to my students for case study.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Share system audio during meetings

During meetings we need to be able to share an online video with team members. Videos could be in Stream or Youtube or Vimeo or others. And this includes sharing the video sound. Currently we use normal Teams screen sharing, but all team members on the call can either hear or see, the video/audio are always asynchronous.

2,164 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

500 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Share video and audio during meetings is released on Windows. Mac support is now planned for CY20Q3.

Note: Live events support for video and audio is tracked in this item – https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/38470144.

Please refer to this page for more info on this feature: https://support.office.com/article/share-system-audio-in-a-teams-meeting-dddede9f-e3d0-4330-873a-fa061a0d8e3b.

Thanks!

4. Speech to text meeting notes

Using the technology of speech to text, have meetings record meeting notes in a text format based on what was spoken about in the meeting.

788 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

93 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. live transcript

Today I ran a meeting that included a colleague who it 85% deaf. When we have in-person meetings he can lip-read but this is too difficult on screen.

It would be fantastic if live speech captions were available and they'd make a huge difference to their working life and others with similar requirements.

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Join Meeting Button

When I schedule a meeting as a Skype Meeting it adds a "Join Meeting" button to the Outlook reminder that pops up. That button does not exist when I schedule a Teams Meeting. It should.

Without that button I have to double click to go into the calendar item, locate the hyperlink to "Join Teams Meeting", click that, which opens my web browser, and then the web browser tries to launch the Teams app, but first asks me for confirmation, which requires another click. You've added several layers of unnecessary clicks which impede my ability to join a meeting.

Just…

1,217 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

79 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Clicking on the join button in an Outlook reminder takes you to the browser to launch Teams today. The work to bypass the browser and directly launch Teams is being worked on. We’ll update when we have more details.

7. Transfer active call between devices

Transfer an active call in Teams from my phone to my desktop and back. This for comming back at the office or leaving the office.

2,422 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

190 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Teams Meetings appear to take a lot of CPU (avg 32%)

When running a Teams Meeting on my Surface Pro i7 (2017), my screen-sharing, video meeting used about 30-32% of my CPU constantly. This seems different than Skype for Business. My battery life went from 100% to 35% over the 2 hour meeting.

141 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base