Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. live captions in portuguese brazil

Live caption in Teams both meetings and live events to have Portuguese Brazil available.

8,579 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1701 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Keep the Linux Client up to date with the latest features.

We love to use Teams in a multi platform Online School environment .

Stick to version 1.3.005153

missing :

3x3 Grid, better more, View
    Raise Hands
    Blur Background
    Share single application Window, with passthrough audio
    Mouspointer not visible to others when share screen

3,328 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

584 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disable chat temporarily during meetings

Please allow meeting organizer to temporarily disable chat during a meeting.
    We often have people so focused on the chat, they don't pay any attention to the actual meeting.
    We'd love to be able to turn off chat at the beginning of the meeting, and then turn it back on at an appropriate point.

2,859 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

541 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make Video Recordings automatically upload to Stream Again.

Make Video Recordings automatically upload to Stream Again. It was a VERY BAD decision to change this functionality. Our Teachers were all trained on making video lessons and sharing with Students. Now, they are ready to hang me. CHANGE THIS BACK BEFORE I AM ERASED, ALONG WITH TEAMS!

842 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

85 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Why did Teams remove the full screen option during Screen Sharing and Meetings?!?

Why did Teams remove the full screen Option during Screen Sharing and Meetings? This was an option before and now it's been replaced by "Focus" which DOES NOT do the same thing. Now ever time someone share their screen with me, I have to squint at what they're showing. The Focus option does nothing. We used to be able to full screen shared screens and see everything at the proper size. It is unprofessional of Microsoft to keep removing and changing useful features without any notice.

763 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

127 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Toggle video camera mirroring on or off for Teams calls

ISSUE: Video feed is always mirrored during a Teams call, meaning that written text, such as on a whiteboard, is displayed incorrectly.
    SOLUTION: Provide a toggle option to not mirror the camera when in a video call.

2,349 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

559 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your continued feedback. The team is reviewing how best to address this issue and make this more user-friendly. Note: Your meeting attendees receive a non-mirrored video including the image of you and any text, whiteboards, etc. The image and video in your Call Monitor screen is shown to you only, as if you were looking in a mirror.

7. Non-team member and guest ability to use chat in a channel meeting

When hosting a meeting in a Teams Channel, non-team members from within my organization and external guests from outside the organization can't view or type in the meeting chat. It's fantastic that we can host meetings in our Teams Channels so that the chat remains for us to reference later in the Channel. It would be even better, if all individuals (team members, in organization non-team members, and external guests) invited to the Channel Meeting could participate in the Meeting Chat.

807 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Assign multiple organizers on a Teams meeting

It would be great if Teams could allow us to assign multiple meeting organizers on a meeting because currently only the organizer can change the meeting option and close the meeting and the meeting can only have a single organizer. This is not convenient for our business.

526 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

82 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Teams meeting lobby - allow "selected people" to bypass lobby

With the new "Only me" option for bypassing the lobby, this puts huge onus on organisers who might not normally expect to attend a meeting but where the meeting has a requirement to hold particpants int eh lobby.

For example ...

Person A sets up a MS Teams meeting that we will use to teach a random group of students about a topic. Person A sets the lobby to "only me" and invites person B as a "presenter". They also invite 100 random students.

On the delivery day Person A arrives and admits person B from the lobby shortly before…

282 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Keep background settings between calls

The new backgrounds are great! However, settings go back to default after the call has ended. Please remember my previous camera background setting so I don't have to set it again every call.
    Second choice is to be able to set blur or background before entering the call.

660 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. SuccessFactors (SF) Learning Management System (LMS) Integration with MS Teams

Currently MS Skype for Business and SAP SuccessFactors Learning have an integration. With the decommission/replacement of Skype, the integration needs to be updated to now point to Teams.

As you can see in the attached, there are over 300 unique SAP customers seeking this enhancement

Key Words: Learning Management System, LMS, Training, Integration, SuccessFactors, SAP, SF

180 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make it possible for members of a Teams meeting to hide their full names

Make it possible for the host of a Teams meeting to hide names of participants.

When conducting interviews we are having candidates inappropriately contact members of the prospective managerial team. It would be nice to hide everyone's name except the point of contact / meeting host.

984 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

143 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Participant controls in meetings - block attendee video

Just another Skype for Business feature that hasn't been built in Teams yet - need the ability to block / disable all attendee video as part of standard participant controls (including make all participants attendees, mute all, mute lock etc.) This was done really well in Skype for Business, but for some reason we are starting from scratch with meeting participant controls in Teams.

578 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Prevent users from joining meeting after it has ended

After a meeting has ended, we'd like the ability for hosts to "delete" or "lock" their meetings so participants cannot join the meeting again once it has ended.

670 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow iPad users to change their background on a Teams call

At the moment iPad users cannot change their background during a MS Teams call. It would be great if we get that functionality available for all iOS users so we can use theme backgrounds during meetings.

268 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. End meeting means End meeting

Once the meeting has ended, no more people can join it or get back in, no more people can write in the associated chat. Ending the meeting actually ends the meeting completely and no more contributions to that meeting can be made

Referred from

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/removing-scheduled-meetings-from-the-posts-tab-after-they-ve/m-p/1340067

507 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Create permanent video meeting link in Microsoft Teams

I schedule many videoconferences with people outside my organization (some of them repeated) and the way I do it now is to create a Teams meeting link from my Outlook invitation and then send this to the meeting invitees. I would prefer to create a permanent link that I can always give to people, for example, in an email message, without having to generate a new Teams meeting each time in Outlook.

I considered simply reusing the same link from a previous meeting for subsequent meetings, but it seems that each Teams meeting creates its own space in Teams. So,…

690 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

78 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I want you to be able to control the notification sound for lobby waiting.

A notification tone sounds when there are users waiting in the lobby.
    If this notification sound is present during the meeting, it will interfere with the meeting.
    Therefore, please implement the function that controls this notification sound.

284 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Reposition the control bar

allow the user to change the position of the control bar. It is positioned right where screen sharing occurs and you can't see the entire screen share

2,979 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

559 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Hide or move the meeting toolbar during a Teams meeting

Is it possible to move the meeting toolbar during a Teams meeting? It is usually right over something I want to read from what is being shared. I tried dragging without success and can't see a way to minimise it as we could with Skype.

The only way to hide it is to click outside of the bar once.
    However, as soon as you move your mouse pointer the bar re-appears... I need something more controllable, as I often need to flick into other docs for reference while in meetings.

526 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

93 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 307 308
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base