Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow ANYBODY to share their screen

Currently we have to use other services such as Google Hangout/Meet or other video conferencing apps to meet with people outside of our company, because MS Teams does not allow screen sharing for anonymous guests. Its a real pain ********** that Teams doesn't have this ability and most other services do. We meet with people outside of our company a lot so we frequently need to abandon MS Teams for these meetings.

1,004 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

90 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Meeting Call Me Back Number

After entering a meeting, if you would like Teams to call you back you need to enter a phone number in the Call Me Back box. (See attached file.) It would be great if this box would remember the last number called and there was a user setting to save a default number. This would save you from having to enter in the number every single time.

450 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

96 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are happy to inform you that you are able to join meetings by choosing “Call me” from the join dropdown on iOS & Android. To use this feature, you need to provide a phone number where you can receive a phone call. If the call is accepted, your meeting audio will switch to the cellular connection. Your personal and work phone numbers, if added to your account, will be available for selection automatically.

The team is working to release this feature for Desktop. I don’t have dates to share at this time, but will keep you posted.

Thanks!

3. Automatically Log Attendance During Teams Meetings

I host a lot of webinar trainings for associates and track attendance. Currently I have to ask participants to put their first and last name in the chat box to log attendance. It would be nice if teams could automatically track that and even give us the option to export to excel.

179 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mutual Screen Sharing

Id love the ability to, in a meeting share up to 2 screens, from seperate attendees.

Use case: I arrange a meeting with a colleague in a different location, attempting to debug 2 integrated applications. I am the master of one, my colleague is the master of the second. Id like to share what I am doing with him, while being bale to see what he is doing on my secondary monitor.

This will allow us to easily and quick understand context around the issue and aid with resolution.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support to host a meeting in a Private Channel

Hi there, I've setup a private channel in a Team for supervisors only. I'd like to "host" the regular staff meeting in the private channel, but i can only select "public" channels. Can Microsoft add the ability to host Team meetings within a private channel?

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ask to join should "ask to join"

In meetings there is an "Ask to join" option in the drop down for invitees who have not yet joined. It doesn't "ask" it calls them, this is very intrusive and can be confusing for somebody who is actually on their way or ending up some other meeting.

Instead the button should do what it actually says, "Ask." Maybe it could pop up a banner reminder that says "Meeting name has started click here to join."

Alternately change the name of the link to "Call now."

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. View or export a list of users who attended a meeting

Currently, there is no method of viewing a list of meeting attendees after a meeting has ended.

Meeting organizers should be able to view or export a list of attendees, including enter and exit times, duration, etc.

1,973 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

260 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Lock the Video Spotlight

In Skype for Business hosted meetings, there is a feature called "Lock the Video Spotlight" that allows you to choose a video feed that's displayed to all participants. This feature does not appear to be in the Teams client today, and it doesn't appear on the Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams Capabilities Roadmap.

In some Teams meetings I want all my participants to just view one presenters video stream and not have the 4 participant split view. We need a way for the Teams meeting host to force their video to be prominent from the participants view.

https://aka.ms/skype2teamsroadmap

463 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. See who attended a meeting vs. accepted the invite

I'd like to know who actually attended a meeting AFTER the meeting is over, vs. a list of who accepted the invitation. Often these two lists do not match. I know that the "Attendees" list is inaccurate as I appeared in an overnight meeting as an attendee, but I know I did not attend the meeting at all.

151 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow screen-sharing in Teams Web-App

Teams Web-App currently does not support screen-sharing or remote session feature like the Teams local application. Please develop this feature in the Teams web-app so that users can share and do remote sharing through a web-browser.

198 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Pin or Move Teams Meeting/Call Ribbon

During a 1:1 video call, the meeting control ribbon often is placed over a users mouth. There is currently no way to pin or move the ribbon out of the way. While the ribbon will disappear after a few seconds, it will reappear when the mouse is moved on a secondary screen. Looking for a way to pin the ribbon away or the ability to move it to another section of the screen.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Entry Tone for Teams meeting

Enable an entry tone for my own Teams meetings. Add entry tone feature for individual-level Tems meeting.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Rename call in participant

Is there a way to rename a call in user in MS Teams meetings, e.g, if you have someone come in via phone only and you want to associate a name with the phone number. In other conferencing apps you can rename a call in user.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Audio conferencing not letting attendees into the teams meeting Unless they are authenticated by the Teams app

We have been experiencing a bit of a problem since last week and honestly at this point I am not really sure whether it has to do with some of the new teams policy features in teams or it is actually a tech. problem.

Basically as of last week when a user creates a meeting (with dialins) in the Teams addon in Outlook and he/she tries to join the meeting as the meeting host via phone the other invitees are just stuck in the lobby forever, as if the host never joined.

On the other hand, when the host joins…

352 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There are two parts to this topic:
    1) Bypass the lobby for PSTN: The ability for admins and organizers to be able to specify a meeting option to bypass the PSTN lobby independently of the VoIP lobby — This is supported in the public ring now.
    2) Admit from lobby for PSTN: Organizer having ability to admit PSTN attendees from the lobby, when the organizer has joined via PSTN with a PIN. – This is on the backlog. Please note: by choosing the meeting option to bypass the PSTN lobby, your attendees will join.

15. Teams meeting chats

When I have declined or been removed from a Teams meeting, I should no longer view and receive alerts on chats in that meeting.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. "No One" choice in the lobby.

Please add the "No one" choice to the Meeting Options section, aka. The Lobby.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add ability to unmute someone you muted

Add ability to unmute someone you muted. I discretely muted someone who had a loud audio whine coming through their system during a meeting and when I asked them a question and tried to un-mute them, I discovered I could not and then had to explain he was muted.

Please make it so if a user mutes someone they can also unmute them. The only person who should be able to unmute a user that muted themselves is themself. But if a another user mutes a user, then either user should be able to unmute. There should be an indication/notification…

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enable Content Camera on Desktop Client

The Content Camera feature is only available for Microsoft Teams Rooms (MTR) currently, it would be great to have this feature enabled on the Desktop client.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sound notification when joining a meeting

Add a option for sound/notfication wheen a new participant joins a meeting. Today they join without any sound notification .

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Blur Background by default option

Please add the option to Blur the background on every call.

95 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 62 63
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base