Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams Meeting organizer can force mute audio/video for attendees

Give meeting organizers the ability to force mute audio/video for all attendees in the meeting options page. Attendees should not be able to un-mute their audio/video with this option set.

2,238 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

225 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Background effects teams for linux

The feature "Show background effects" not be present in linux. Please add this feature for the linux client as well.

670 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

169 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support to host a meeting in a Private Channel

Hi there, I've setup a private channel in a Team for supervisors only. I'd like to "host" the regular staff meeting in the private channel, but i can only select "public" channels. Can Microsoft add the ability to host Team meetings within a private channel?

2,796 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

411 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Toggle video camera mirroring on or off for Teams calls

ISSUE: Video feed is always mirrored during a Teams call, meaning that written text, such as on a whiteboard, is displayed incorrectly.
    SOLUTION: Provide a toggle option to not mirror the camera when in a video call.

805 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

202 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We apologize for the confusion this is causing. Your meeting attendees receive a non-mirrored video including the image of you and any text, whiteboards etc. The image and video in your Call Monitor screen is shown to you only, as if you were looking in a mirror.

We are reviewing options to make this more user friendly (including a toggle), and will update status here as we have more. But, please note there is no action needed from you to ensure attendees see the correct image.

Thank you!

5. Keep background settings between calls

The new backgrounds are great! However, settings go back to default after the call has ended. Please remember my previous camera background setting so I don't have to set it again every call.
    Second choice is to be able to set blur or background before entering the call.

359 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make it possible for members of a Teams meeting to hide their full names

Make it possible for the host of a Teams meeting to hide names of participants.

When conducting interviews we are having candidates inappropriately contact members of the prospective managerial team. It would be nice to hide everyone's name except the point of contact / meeting host.

469 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. "No One" choice in the lobby.

Please add the "No one" choice to the Meeting Options section, aka. The Lobby.

1,873 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

258 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks again for your feedback on this. The team has begun working on an option requiring everyone other than the meeting organizer to go thru the lobby. We will continue to evaluate our best option to release with increased priority.

Thanks!

8. Prevent users from joining meeting after it has ended

After a meeting has ended, we'd like the ability for hosts to "delete" or "lock" their meetings so participants cannot join the meeting again once it has ended.

315 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 5,823 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1036 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Scheduled meetings for private channels

Give the ability to schedule meetings in private channels

241 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Create permanent video meeting link in Microsoft Teams

I schedule many videoconferences with people outside my organization (some of them repeated) and the way I do it now is to create a Teams meeting link from my Outlook invitation and then send this to the meeting invitees. I would prefer to create a permanent link that I can always give to people, for example, in an email message, without having to generate a new Teams meeting each time in Outlook.

I considered simply reusing the same link from a previous meeting for subsequent meetings, but it seems that each Teams meeting creates its own space in Teams. So,…

343 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow channel meeting organizers to prevent participants from adding new participants

Currently, any participant in a team channel meeting can invite other users to join the meeting by adding them directly (if the meeting is in progress and the new invited are internal) or by sending them the link to the planned or on-going meeting via chat or email, even to external users.
    Every participant has this ability, regardless if she/he has the role of "participant" or "presenter".
    None is notified about new participants added to the meeting and none has the evidence about who has added who.
    There are contexts, such as the classes’ teams in the schools, where only…

227 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Speaker attribution in captions

During any Meeting in Teams, it could be great if it provides speaker username along with Captions while scrolling and it will be great if those captions within meeting group as saved as history(ex: char history). so, that it will be easy to recollect discussion happened by reading all captions without voice help& without anybody's help.

163 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add functionality for simultaneous interpretation of audio/video meetings with human interpreters..

For meetings with participants who speak different languages, it would be great to enable an interpreter console feature, allowing participants to choose their preferred audio channel (language), and listen to the interpreter (a meeting participant who could be remotely connected) rendering into their language. How about an add-on app to do this?

2,308 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

626 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Disable chat temporarily during meetings

Please allow meeting organizer to temporarily disable chat during a meeting.
    We often have people so focused on the chat, they don't pay any attention to the actual meeting.
    We'd love to be able to turn off chat at the beginning of the meeting, and then turn it back on at an appropriate point.

228 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Hide or move the meeting toolbar during a Teams meeting

Is it possible to move the meeting toolbar during a Teams meeting? It is usually right over something I want to read from what is being shared. I tried dragging without success and can't see a way to minimise it as we could with Skype.

The only way to hide it is to click outside of the bar once.
    However, as soon as you move your mouse pointer the bar re-appears... I need something more controllable, as I often need to flick into other docs for reference while in meetings.

222 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Teams meeting - lock the meeting

The meeting host should have the possibility to look/anlock a meeting, so that no one additional can join the meeting after it is looked. Excample: in a director meeting I'm invited to present a special topic. Then, I have to leave and the meeting host can lock the meeting so that I cant't join again. Otherwise I could join and maybe eavesdrop .

173 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. pop out meeting share / pop out screen share window

pop out meeting share / pop out screen share window

Would like to be able to pop out the window for a meetings screen share or call with screen share to maximise the window but still be able to use other Teams features at the same time

128 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. End meeting means End meeting

Once the meeting has ended, no more people can join it or get back in, no more people can write in the associated chat. Ending the meeting actually ends the meeting completely and no more contributions to that meeting can be made

Referred from

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/removing-scheduled-meetings-from-the-posts-tab-after-they-ve/m-p/1340067

162 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Manually hide / display the horizontal control bar

Would you please add a function to manually hide / display the horizontal control bar.

I am aware if you don't move your mouse the control bar hides however there are many occasions during a meeting that a user has to and more often than not the control bar obstructs what the user is required to see.

Thank you

124 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 188 189
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base