Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow ANYBODY to share their screen

Currently we have to use other services such as Google Hangout/Meet or other video conferencing apps to meet with people outside of our company, because MS Teams does not allow screen sharing for anonymous guests. Its a real pain ********** that Teams doesn't have this ability and most other services do. We meet with people outside of our company a lot so we frequently need to abandon MS Teams for these meetings.

882 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

72 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have end users change participant settings (lobby settings) for Teams meetings

Just like with Skype for Business have a setting that allows our end users to change the participant settings for Teams Meetings as described here for Skype for Business: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/change-participant-settings-for-skype-for-business-meetings-9175e297-de5f-43b2-8e0f-85cc05e24986

493 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

78 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Meeting Call Me Back Number

After entering a meeting, if you would like Teams to call you back you need to enter a phone number in the Call Me Back box. (See attached file.) It would be great if this box would remember the last number called and there was a user setting to save a default number. This would save you from having to enter in the number every single time.

247 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Automatically Log Attendance During Teams Meetings

I host a lot of webinar trainings for associates and track attendance. Currently I have to ask participants to put their first and last name in the chat box to log attendance. It would be nice if teams could automatically track that and even give us the option to export to excel.

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Lock the Video Spotlight

In Skype for Business hosted meetings, there is a feature called "Lock the Video Spotlight" that allows you to choose a video feed that's displayed to all participants. This feature does not appear to be in the Teams client today, and it doesn't appear on the Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams Capabilities Roadmap.

In some Teams meetings I want all my participants to just view one presenters video stream and not have the 4 participant split view. We need a way for the Teams meeting host to force their video to be prominent from the participants view.

https://aka.ms/skype2teamsroadmap

384 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow screen-sharing in Teams Web-App

Teams Web-App currently does not support screen-sharing or remote session feature like the Teams local application. Please develop this feature in the Teams web-app so that users can share and do remote sharing through a web-browser.

159 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Audio conferencing not letting attendees into the teams meeting Unless they are authenticated by the Teams app

We have been experiencing a bit of a problem since last week and honestly at this point I am not really sure whether it has to do with some of the new teams policy features in teams or it is actually a tech. problem.

Basically as of last week when a user creates a meeting (with dialins) in the Teams addon in Outlook and he/she tries to join the meeting as the meeting host via phone the other invitees are just stuck in the lobby forever, as if the host never joined.

On the other hand, when the host joins…

314 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There are two parts to this topic:

1) Bypass the lobby for PSTN: The ability for admins and organizers to be able to specify a meeting option to bypass the PSTN lobby independently of the VoIP lobby —> We are working on it and we’ll update as we get closer to completion

2) Admit from lobby for PSTN: Organizer having ability to admit PSTN attendees from the lobby, when the organizer has joined via PSTN with a PIN. – This is in the backlog, to be worked on after #1.

8. View or export a list of users who attended a meeting

Currently, there is no method of viewing a list of meeting attendees after a meeting has ended.

Meeting organizers should be able to view or export a list of attendees, including enter and exit times, duration, etc.

940 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

120 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Show more than 4 active people in video calls

Teams is limited to showing 4 video streams at a time, it would be better if we had some control over that. We do a morning standup every morning with 8 remotes, it would be great if we could see them at all times.

771 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

97 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Teams meeting chats

When I have declined or been removed from a Teams meeting, I should no longer view and receive alerts on chats in that meeting.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Stop Recording on Exit

We need an option/pop-up to stop recording on meeting exit. At the moment if someone who is recording a meeting exits the meeting, the recording continues forever. What's worse is that the person who started the recording is the only one who can stop it. I "get" that part of the reason why only one person owns the recording is because of the need to associate the recording with a particular Microsoft Steam account... so what I propose are two things:

1. On exit, if you are recording, you are given a prompt to also end recording or leave it…

103 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Provide an option to transfer the ownership of the meetings in Ms Teams

There are situations that we created ongoing recurring meetings and someone is the owner.

Now if he wants to resign or leave the group, as far as I am aware of, as an organizer, he can not re-assign those meetings to someone else or in other words transferring the ownership of our meetings.

That would be great as next step if ownership could be transferred or if multiple people can have ownership.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Provide attendee activity and engagement data post meeting

Currently other solutions (such as Zoom and Clearslide) can provide a report at the end of each meeting which contains information on attendee activity and their level of engagement. Having this capability is essential to drive increased uptake of Teams for meetings, specifically those that are customer facing.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add a "Raise Your Hand" feature in meetings

When in a meeting with multiple people it would be nice to have a way to signal that you would like to speak so that you can be called upon by the meeting organizer.

This would allow users to show they have something to say, but they do not want to interrupt

203 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Meeting Policy - presenter permissions

In Skype, you were able to set your meeting options for any particular meeting. You don't have this option in Teams and everyone from your organization is made a presenter by default, so anyone can mute or remove anyone including the meeting organizer from the meeting. At the very least, we should be able to set an option in the Meeting Policies to not allow entire organization to be presenters, but it would be better if the meeting organizer could decide who if anyone, can have those permissions.

154 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Option to float meetings screen

I would like to see an option to decouple/float the meeting I am in so that it is independent of the application window. Constantly I have to switch from my "in progress" meeting to my chats tab, only to have the meeting minimized to a thumbnail in the top left of the screen. I can no longer see what the presenter is sharing. I'm also unable to search for shared files/notes in the teams tab without losing the meetings window. I always have multiple monitors so I would really like to be able to throw the meeting onto one monitor…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. MS Teams Meeting Delegation

For a meeting scheduled using Teams, it would be great to be able to delegate the organizer role so that someone else can reschedule the meeting during my absence. For instance for Executive Assistants or PTO.

407 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

62 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Audio in video presentation for Skype for business using mobile devices

Currently only option for audio sharing in video presentation using skype for business is using desktop. It would be nice if we enable Audio in video presentation for Skype for business using mobile devices as well.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Screen Sharing greyed out for external contacts

Looks like there is no way to share my screen with someone outside my organization. The dedicated button is just greyed out.

Teams shows the following message in the chat window: "... is outside your organization. Some Teams features won't be available"

112 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. For the meeting invitation generated by Teams Meeting add-in in Outlook, we need to be able to select the invitation language. Outlook is c

For the meeting invitation generated by Teams Meeting add-in in Outlook, we need to be able to select the invitation language. Outlook is configured in one language but it doesn't mean that all my meetings in Teams will be in that language and that others can read my default language. (At least Skype for Business had an option to use Outlook's language or optionally English)

107 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 48 49
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.