Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. status

There should be more status options similar to other programs.
    Examples:
    - Status change timeframe - (available to away after 10min,15min,30min,1hr)
    - Allow no change in status from computer activity/inactivity
    - Hide status aside from available or offline or away

Feel free to add more.

587 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

43 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dual monitor mode - Show participant videos and screen shared content on separate screens

Dual Monitor Mode should be Available - Suppose if any user is using dual monitor so he can opt of this option called Dual Monitor mode - where it show participant videos on one screen and screen shared content on separate screens. - This feature is available on Zoom.us

989 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Admin portal list of tenant updates

Please create a field in the Teams admin portal that shows what updates have been applied to the tenant.

Many updates that are "rolling out to tenants" don't let each tenant know when the update has been applied to them. This field would bring transparency and greater understanding of what features are available at any given time.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow to customize Calls layout

Please allow to customize Calls layout . I do not want History to be the most prominent on the screen - I want Speed Dial and groups / contacts to be in the center. It used to be like that until this morning, and I do not see anything that would allow me to re-arrange the layout. Thanks.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to change Edit to Contribution Rights for Team Members

In some environments it will be helpful to be able to change the default "Edit" rights team members have on the SharePoint site, to "Contribute". This is only possible on app level which I don't think is good practice. I would like to set the full permissions for the site behind the team. Owners on teams can be Full Control or Edit and Members could be changed from Edit to Contribute if required. This will solve many issues with users building apps / creating pages without never receiving training to understand impact.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow to customize Calls layout

Please allow to customize Calls layout . I do not want History to be the most prominent on the screen - I want Speed Dial and groups / contacts to be in the center. It used to be like that until this morning, and I do not see anything that would allow me to re-arrange the layout. Thanks.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Away/Inactive Status Timer

With Skype, we were able to adjust the timer for when our status automatically changed to "Inactive" or "Away" after a certain amount of inactivity (like when you're just listening to a call, reading DLPs or contracts, watching a training video, etc.).

With MS Teams, the timer seems to show you as inactive after only 5 minutes even when you're actively involved in something. Is there a way to be able to adjust this timer to account for that? I don't want people to think I'm away from my desk and choose not to send me important IMs, or think…

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Delegate Participant Report/ Tracking Attendance

only meeting organizers can download attendance reports and the option to delegate this feature to another participant is not available currently. I do not see it on the roadmap and we have a need for this feature.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add Video Call Background default and settings to the account Settings drop down

Add Video Call Background default and settings to the account Settings drop down. This way the background can be set before the call and a default set so you don't have to keep going into the settings.

231 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Set Contacts as default tab within 'Chat' rather than Recent

There should be an ability to customise preferences, eg. what tab to open at start-up, why does chats default to 'recent chats' rather than contacts? Lync never did that, it doesn't make sense, I want to see who is online and contact new people, not see old conversations

257 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

71 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Multiple out of office messages

Being a very organized person it would be nice to schedule multiple out of office messages ahead of time.

Examples: 1) establish recurring OOO message [great for people who work a non-traditional schedule such as 3/12, 4/10, 9/80] or 2) schedule multiple OOO message for known start/end dates in the future.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow users to configure the calls layout how they want

The new layout for Calls is terrible. It focuses on call history which takes up about half of the screen. Further, there is a huge amount of blank/unused space now. I use to use the speed dial as a quick way to see the availability of all of my team members and now I have to scroll to see them all. There should be a way to allow users to adjust this view to their preference. At least be able to narrow the call history so that there aren't several inches of blank space between the person's name and the…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please allow us (Department of the Interior/DOI) to modify our name that shows up under our picture/video in Teams calls.

We in the Department of Interior (DOI) have our names locked in Teams. This means that the name under your image is set and can't be changed at all. This is different from Zoom where you can set your name accurately, add your pronouns, etc. The impact that the current setting in Teams has on our people is that they often are called the wrong name or not recognized (even by people who know them because the name underneath their picture is not the name they go by). Please help us make this change so that all people feel welcome…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Away/Inactive Status Timer

With Skype, we were able to adjust the timer for when our status automatically changed to "Inactive" or "Away" after a certain amount of inactivity (like when you're just listening to a call, reading DLPs or contracts, watching a training video, etc.).

With MS Teams, the timer seems to show you as inactive after only 5 minutes even when you're actively involved in something. Is there a way to be able to adjust this timer to account for that? I don't want people to think I'm away from my desk and choose not to send me important IMs, or think…

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Setting option to lengthen away status or available status.

Setting option to lengthen away status or available status.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow a customizable layout for calls tab

The new layout for the calls tab seems like a waste of space. Can this be customizable so we can put the keypad, call history, and speed dial/groups where we want and size appropriately. The new layout has a big black space below the keypad and big lank spaces in the middle of the call history list. The speed dial section is very small and I believe was more commonly used.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Put the "mute all" button back. The newest update has removed it.

Mute all is still an option when going into participant settings but the button that used to be at the top of participants was hugely useful and convenient for teachers during virtual learning. It's important to be able to mute all students quickly when working with young children.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Optimize Audio Settings for Music Performance- advanced audio settings to enable live music

Please include advanced audio settings for live music. If you suppress background noise and can't change the function, accompaniment or singer cancel each other out and you cannot hear both. In Zoom, if you follow these steps...

1. Check the ‘Show in-meeting option to “Enable Original Sound” from microphone’. This turns off more of the software designed for speech but un-helpful for music.

2. Match all three settings as shown to DISABLE both ‘Suppress Persistent Background Noise” AND ‘Suppress Intermittent Background Noise’. Set ‘Echo Cancellation’ to ‘Auto’ as opposed to ‘Aggressive’

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please add co-organizer role for Teams Webinar to create breakout rooms

Currently only Webinar organizer can create breakout room.
    This is really not convenient.

Imaging who created the webinar, he/she can be sick or on leave or attending urgent matters on the Event day, the creation of Breakout room will not be possible when the creator is not around.

It's quite common for a specific event there are more than 1 organizer, or have 2-3 co-orgarnizer as backup.

Please allow us to set "co-organizer" or "presenter" at the webinar backend.
    Co-organizer should also be possible to set breakout room when main organizer is not availble.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. امكانية تغيير صورة الطالب

جعل الطالب قاد على تغيير صورته الشخصيه متى يشاء

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)