Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PLEASE fix desktop app performance on macOS!! Constant high CPU usage and memory leaks!

I'm running Teams desktop app on macOS Catalina and the performance is TERRIBLE! If I get on a single 1-on-1 video call, the fan on my 2017 MacBook Pro starts spinning like crazy, CPU usage goes up to about 85%, and app begins to use over 1GB of RAM! To put it in perspective, I can get on a Zoom call with 10 other people, CPU usage is at less than 20%, and memory usage never passes 300MB

I've read on other forums to disable GPU acceleration in the settings, but that has only marginally helped.

Please fix your app!

1,332 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

292 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your reports. We released client and service updates this week, that address many MacOS-specific performance issues. We are also aware of recent performance issues with Microsoft Teams meetings, especially on laptops and when using external monitors.

The team is working to resolve these issues. In the meantime, please find troubleshooting information here: https://docs.microsoft.com/microsoftteams/troubleshoot/known-issues/teams-slow-video-meetings-laptops-4k.

2. the number of participants in meeting attendance report is incorrect

i had 210 participants in the meeting but attendance report only shows 118 participants

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. New Teams Meeting in Outlook defaults to 24 hour meeting only when in Month View

New Teams Meeting in Outlook defaults to 24 hour meeting only when in Month View

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stop stealing window focus

when other participants start or stop presentation mode, window focus shifts to Teams, which can accidentally send keystrokes into the Teams meeting!

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Assign people to breakout rooms-Alphabetical order

having to assign students to breakout rooms is tedious enough. ( i need stable groups I create, not random groups. )
    For the love of god alphabetize the darn list of people!

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Call history for voice enabled channels and for personally call history

If you use voice enabled channels, in the call history is displayed the personal calls and not the calls from the voice channel. Please only show the calls which was incoming or outgoing from this voice channel number.

Also please implement a function to set the outgoing number only for the calls which started from the voice channel. At the moment it displays the personally phonenumber not the voice channel number.

In the voice channel is displayed from which to who the call was going on. In the personally call history you only see the ID not the destination. For…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. FIX TEAMS Away Status

Teams will show me as AWAY even when I'm actively working on CPU. In the support forums, the individual working for Microsoft explained that teams reverts to "away" when the user is not active for more than 10 mins, HOWEVER, I'm seeing it revert even whilst continuously active on my CPU. I'm not the first person to bring this up, I know you've seen this forum (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/teams-away-setting-automatically-switching-on-when/950933a5-7dc3-4401-a164-23be32940986?page=3).

Please fix this, as it eliminates the value of using teams. Why would I use teams if you're telling my boss I'm away when I'm not? I could simply tell my…

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bug with Teams Window Sharing during call or meeting

Fix Teams window sharing - Window list not updating during call
    On Teams client for Windows 1.3.00.28779 as well as 1.3.00.26064 that I've been able to test, when I'm already on a call and click the share content button, I am presented with a list of thumbnails of "Desktop" screens to share as well as Windows. The list of Windows is a list of windows that were open at the time the call started, and it does not update if I open new windows or close ones that were open. It continues to list windows that were previously closed, and…

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. MSAL IFrame Error firefox (index_msalredirect.html)

Teams admin centre never opens in Firefox Private tab. It shows the MSAL IFRAME error and there are a lot of Teams admin who are affected with this issue. Please help us to resolve this ASAP.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. There was a problem reaching this app

We see 'There was a problem reaching this app' on all Teams bots with chat. The issue is reproduced only in Teams Desktop client, not Web and doesn't have impact on app functionality.
    It is reported by some of our customers too. For some tenants everything is OK.
    When should we expect the fix?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Vidur Bharadwaj 3C Company Director

Vidur Bharadwaj is the top most architect to achieve the wonderful feats of LEED. Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam President of India honored him in 2005 for his environment friendly green building in the world. https://vidurbharadwaj3c.blogspot.com/

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Teams Admin Center sort all users

We have a lot of users in the tenant and when we try to sort the users, it did now show all the users. The sort only applies to those already being loaded, and those users did not load out, it will not be sorted unless we scroll down and load all the users and sort will be normal.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow Teams Machine Wide Installer to do in-place upgrade

The current Teams machine wider installer, which is the recommended way of deploying teams via SCCM by Microsoft, doesn't support in-place upgrade. In order to upgrade the machine wider installer, the existing machine wide installer has to be uninstalled first. However, uninstalling the existing machine wide installer will remove the Teams clients from each of the user profiles, which will cause a great impact to the users if they are in a call or having conversation with their peers.
    without updating the machine wide installer, it will not allow new users to sign-in teams client till the client is automatically…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Attendance list breakout rooms

The attendance list is empty in a meeting when the participants are in breakout rooms.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Status getting changed from Available to Away automatically after 5 minutes of inactivity

The status is getting changed automatically to away after 5 mins of inactivity though my laptop is in working mode and I'm working in different things. Please let us change the status manually or please provide an 'Idle time set up option'.

129 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Fix the secondary ringer to actually work as set. I want ring on speakers, not headphones.

Please fix the secondary ringer to actually work as set. I want ring on speakers, not headphones. Alex says this feature is completed and released to public, but it doesn't work in Teams Version 1.3.00.3564 (32 bit) updated 03/23/20 running on Windows 7 Pro ESU.

I need to be able to have headphone output as system default audio device, and internal laptop PC speakers as primary comms device AND secondary ringer. Both Speaker and Secondary Ringer are set to "Speaker - Speakers / Headphones (Realtek Audio)". However, the secondary ringer settings are not being respected, and it ONLY rings on…

150 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Video Sharing is Disabled by the Administrator

We are getting "Video Sharing is Disabled by the Administrator". This happened when the guest joins the teams meeting via browser or the team client and enables video in the lobby before being admitted into the meeting, the guest was then admitted and got the error message "Video Sharing is Disabled by the Administrator". The guest exited the meeting and re-joined and was then able to turn on the video.

"Allow IP video" is enabled in the team admin center... This sounds like a bug?

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Virtual camera support broken in version 1.3.00.18164

In the latest build on MacOS v1.3.00.18164, virtual camera drivers (ManyCam, OBS, etc.) are suddenly not showing up as choices in Teams. This is important due to several of our internal use cases.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. TEAMS is THE WORST!

You forced the replacement of Skype for Business without having the same (even minimal) functionality available in Teams.

1.) There is no pop-out chat window for participating in multiple conversations at once.

2.) No easy way to see missed chats (flashing icon isn’t in real time or noticeable); No Outlook notifications of missed chat summary.

3.) No Chat summary auto-cataloged in Outlook Conversations

4.) Lack of searching of previous Conversations

5.) Lack of deletion of some Conversation parts

6.) Automatic minimalization of Team Meeting screen share when trying to access files or other content in Teams.

7.) Lack of tight…

236 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

213 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Unable to open "Connectors Developer Dashboard" from Teams documentation

I read this document(https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/platform/webhooks-and-connectors/how-to/connectors-creating). It says "To distribute your connector, you must register through Connectors Developer Dashboard. But when I click "Connectors Developer Dashboard", I either get "Something went wrong." errors or the page loads forever.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 207 208
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base