Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Audio calls stopped working in Google Chrome

Audio calls stopped working in Google Chrome. MS Teams is reporting that I need to use different browser:

"Try a different browser
    This feature isn’t available yet for your browser. Try the web app with Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome, or switch to the desktop app."

Version 71.0.3578.80 (Official Build) Arch Linux (64-bit)

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. copy small words not working

When the chat words are very small, not able to copy full text. The other icons like Like, Save, more options are hiding the text and preventing to copy

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Don't block message text with Save|Like|More Options popup

When trying to copy text from a message, the icons for Save, Like and More Options, pops up in the foreground, over the actual text I'm trying to copy, making it very difficult to select the text. Can't you change the icon popup location so it doesn't pop up blocking the text?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Sharepoint tabs won't load

When adding a SharePoint tab to a channel, it will sometimes fail to load. Sometimes this can correlate with not being logged into the office 365 website through a separate browser. It also does not produce any error, the tab stays blank. Other users have found it works better to add it as a website tab, which prompts for login if the problem occurs. Should the expected behavior be that the tab loads because you are logged into teams and shouldn't need to login again?

This is another thread of users discussing this problem:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Sharepoint-page-stops-loading-in-Teams-client-Tab/m-p/236076#M16936

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Copy link to task button not working

Copy link to task button not working within Windows/Teams client/Tasks tab/Opened taks

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. copy small words not working

When the chat words are very small, not able to copy full text. The other icons like Like, Save, more options are hiding the text and preventing to copy

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Cannot use Bluetooth Headset with Microsoft Teams

When participating in a Teams conference on mobile (Apple iPhone) - Bluetooth devices stop working.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Delete a Forms Poll

At the moment it is not possible to delete a Forms poll in a channel conversation. I think when I delete my post, the poll should be deleted as well or at least the user should be allowed to delete the poll separately.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. teams as chat app setting

Settings: Register teams as chat app is restored to be selected after a start of the application teams on my desktop, and, on not reproduceable occasions (at least my impression).
    We do have jabber as phone app.
    This permanent re-setting needs to be manually de-selected, office applications like outlook restarted and then I can use jabber to make a call.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. copy text from teams messages

in the chat when you have multiple messages it's almost impossible to select text to use for copy-paste action. This is because the menu with "options, save and like" hovers over the text.
    See screenshot for an example

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. No Audio Devices Showing

Hello,

The issue I am having with Microsoft Teams is that suddenly all my audio devices are not showing up in the program. Teams does not detect any audio devices at all, neither my digital mixing console nor the computer's own built-in HD Audio jacks. See screenshot.

The Windows audio control panel detects all connected audio devices as normal, as do all other programs on the PC. The issue is with Teams only.

Version number, according to About menu is "1.1.00.25457 (64-bit). It was last updated on 10/2/18."

I hope this issue gets fixed soon, as Teams is completely unusable…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Typing Indicator briefly persists after user sends a message and isn't typing

As of one of the Teams updates within the last two weeks, the "user is typing" indicator now persists for around 1-2 seconds after a user sends a message and does not type any further. This gives the false impression that they intend to follow up their message when in reality they are not.

Note that this is *not* the same as a bug submitted last year at this link: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/32709244-remove-the-user-is-typing-if-my-cursor-is-in-the

Based on the description in the above link, that issue no longer occurs. The issue I am describing is fairly recent and our entire team has noticed it.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Dear MS Teams, Please provide delete chat functionality. Its anoying that we can't delete the chat.

Please provide a way to delete the chat. An individual message or entire chat with group or individual.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Disable opening when right click on system task tray icon

When I right click the system task tray icon, the entire Teams window is opened. Considering that "Open" is an option in the context menu, it doesn't make sense that it's automatically opening. My use-case is that I want to quickly change my status without opening the window but, when I right click to do that, it opens the window anyways. This works as I would expect using Skype for Business and so I think Teams should work the same way.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Image copying doesn't work in the desktop app

Copying of images from the Teams desktop app (Windows) to other programs doesn't work. When I click RMB on the image (for example one sent to me by my colleague on chat) and selects "Copy image", the image seems to be copied to clipboard, but when I try to paste it somewhere else e.g. in Word or another program, I only get something that looks like an empty image. Tested on several user accounts and computers.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add External contact

Can't add external contact. When i click to add contact i can add the external account. It then states a message
    We didn't fine any matches. Talk to your internal IT admin about expanding the scope of your search.

we can sesarch externally but contact not added

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Odd font replacement on new iOS 13 build

On the new iOS 13 build your font within the conversataion stream is being replaced with Times Roman.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Voicemail settings don't stick - Voicemail cannot be activated

We can see Voicemail settings in Teams and they are changeable. But the new settings don't stick, the option is always reverted back to "do nothing".

I've tried changing the settings via Teams client and via the web version, but the problem persists.

The voicemail works only on my test account, which is Online (hybrid) whereas all other accounts are On-premises (hybrid). Otherwise the accounts are identical.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Contact Group Issue in TEAM Chat

I have created several contact lists for various groups. I cannot figure out how to start a chat / send a message to individual GROUPS / Contacts. Please fix this as I would think the point of creating a Contact list is to enable users to quickly and easily send messages to a select group of people.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Disable automatic login of domain-joined account

Would want to have the ability to disable the automatic login of domain-joined machines. Users also have other accounts that they'd prefer to log into Teams by default. These other accounts have MFA enabled and when the computer reboots, it would prompt them to verify their login again, which is time-consuming.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 99 100
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base