Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PLEASE fix desktop app performance on macOS!! Constant high CPU usage and memory leaks!

I'm running Teams desktop app on macOS Catalina and the performance is TERRIBLE! If I get on a single 1-on-1 video call, the fan on my 2017 MacBook Pro starts spinning like crazy, CPU usage goes up to about 85%, and app begins to use over 1GB of RAM! To put it in perspective, I can get on a Zoom call with 10 other people, CPU usage is at less than 20%, and memory usage never passes 300MB

I've read on other forums to disable GPU acceleration in the settings, but that has only marginally helped.

Please fix your app!

619 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

124 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your reports. We released client and service updates this week, that address many MacOS-specific performance issues. We are also aware of recent performance issues with Microsoft Teams meetings, especially on laptops and when using external monitors.

The team is working to resolve these issues. In the meantime, please find troubleshooting information here: https://docs.microsoft.com/microsoftteams/troubleshoot/known-issues/teams-slow-video-meetings-laptops-4k.

2. Status getting changed from Available to Away automatically after 5 minutes of inactivity

The status is getting changed automatically to away after 5 mins of inactivity though my laptop is in working mode and I'm working in different things. Please let us change the status manually or please provide an 'Idle time set up option'.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. FIX TEAMS Away Status

Teams will show me as AWAY even when I'm actively working on CPU. In the support forums, the individual working for Microsoft explained that teams reverts to "away" when the user is not active for more than 10 mins, HOWEVER, I'm seeing it revert even whilst continuously active on my CPU. I'm not the first person to bring this up, I know you've seen this forum (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/teams-away-setting-automatically-switching-on-when/950933a5-7dc3-4401-a164-23be32940986?page=3).

Please fix this, as it eliminates the value of using teams. Why would I use teams if you're telling my boss I'm away when I'm not? I could simply tell my…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Can't share Excel application on macOS Catalina

I have found that not being able to share certain apps when I have Microsoft Teams MAC in full screen mode. This appears to be a known issue ?

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. status goes away when teams is minimised

Teams status changes to yellow (busy) when Teams is not the active window.

For example, if I'm in a web browser, the teams app changes status to Yellow (busy).

156 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Video Sharing is Disabled by the Administrator

We are getting "Video Sharing is Disabled by the Administrator". This happened when the guest joins the teams meeting via browser or the team client and enables video in the lobby before being admitted into the meeting, the guest was then admitted and got the error message "Video Sharing is Disabled by the Administrator". The guest exited the meeting and re-joined and was then able to turn on the video.

"Allow IP video" is enabled in the team admin center... This sounds like a bug?

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix the secondary ringer to actually work as set. I want ring on speakers, not headphones.

Please fix the secondary ringer to actually work as set. I want ring on speakers, not headphones. Alex says this feature is completed and released to public, but it doesn't work in Teams Version 1.3.00.3564 (32 bit) updated 03/23/20 running on Windows 7 Pro ESU.

I need to be able to have headphone output as system default audio device, and internal laptop PC speakers as primary comms device AND secondary ringer. Both Speaker and Secondary Ringer are set to "Speaker - Speakers / Headphones (Realtek Audio)". However, the secondary ringer settings are not being respected, and it ONLY rings on…

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable responding to specific messages in chat via desktop

When using chat on mobile, you are allowed to reply to a targeted message and when a user engages with this, it takes them to the original message responded to. Please enable this when using desktop

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. External Users included in Group Chats

Although it is stated that External users can't be added for some reason I've managed to do so but can't add more now. Please include this. Super essential. No reason why a group chat can't have external users.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Raised Hands Not Noticeable to Presenter

The Presenter cannot view who has raised hands in an ongoing meeting when his/her screen is shared thus he/she continues talking even if other participants have raised their hand and are waiting for their turn to speak.

This is not helpful as inspite of this feature if this participant has to barge into a ongoing conversation to get the needed attention.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 'Sign out' reverts back to old meeting experience

'Sign out' reverts back to old meeting experience

Some users sign in to the same tenant with different accounts. When selecting 'Sign out' the option 'Turn on new meeting experience' is unchecked the next time I log in and the old meeting experience is back. This means to keep using the new meeting experience when switching accounts, a user must then sign in check the 'use new meeting experience box' then quick the application and launch again.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Abilitiy to add spell-checked word to dictionary and to turn off spell checking altogether

1. Ability to add spell-checked word to dictionary!

2. Ability to turn off spell checking!

This is a bug, and Teams should never have been released with it!

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. TEAMS is THE WORST!

You forced the replacement of Skype for Business without having the same (even minimal) functionality available in Teams.

1.) There is no pop-out chat window for participating in multiple conversations at once.

2.) No easy way to see missed chats (flashing icon isn’t in real time or noticeable); No Outlook notifications of missed chat summary.

3.) No Chat summary auto-cataloged in Outlook Conversations

4.) Lack of searching of previous Conversations

5.) Lack of deletion of some Conversation parts

6.) Automatic minimalization of Team Meeting screen share when trying to access files or other content in Teams.

7.) Lack of tight…

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

81 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bug: Speaker on Andriod phone turns automatically ON during a phone conversation

While having a regular phone call, phone speaker automatically switch to ON during conversation. Indicator still shows old state (speaker phone OFF , BT ON etc). it can happen a few times during a conversation. If you uninstall Teams app this issue goes away. Issue started around 1-2 months ago and is being reported by multiple users with Teams app installed on various Samsung devices (S7, S9, S10)

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Automatically remove single occurrence attendees from reoccurring Teams Meeting group chats

If someone is added to a single occurrence of a reoccurring Teams Meeting they are also added to the meeting group chat; however will continue to be active (send and receive) in the meeting group chat for future meeting occurrences of which they're not participating in. The individual must either manually remove themselves from the group chat or someone from the meeting must manually remove them. If this is missed, it can potentially result in confidential or undesired information being inadvertently shared with the wrong people.

I would like for the Teams app to be intelligent enough to identify that…

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. MS Teams saying users have removed other users when they haven't

We are having an issue in our Teams environment at present where some teams will randomly remove users and say stuff like.....

" User1 has removed User2 from the Team. "

The issue is that the User's who have apparantly removed those other users from the team have stated they did no such thing. This isn't limited to just 1 team or 1 user either its happened a few different times.

Has anyone else seen a similar thing or anyone know of any fix?!

Thanks!

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Meeting links remain active after ending

This is critical in K-12. The links to meetings are staying open, even after the end of a meeting (scheduled or not). I can safely assume this is a big deal in any use, but it is especially critical in K-12 education, where we simply cannot have students/parents/etc. "borrowing" our meetings to have their own video chat room!

I desperately need a way to completely and finally end a meeting (and its link) when a meeting is complete.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Teams does not use regional settings correctly

Teams overrides regional settings from Windows 10 and shows dates incorrectly. I want to use english UI because of international environment but correct local regional settings for dates, times etc. This is not possible now. Please fix so that Teams follows Windows 10 regional settings or that I can keep UI in english but regional settings correctly as in my country.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Teams app settings change by themselves between signing out and signing in next time

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams アプリの設定がサインアウトすると次のサインイン時に勝手に変わってしまう。
    Teams app settings change by themselves between signing out and signing in next time

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams の「新しい会議エクスペリエンス」を無効化しても、サインアウトを明示的に行うと、次回サインインした際に強制的に有効化されてしまう。
    このように、サインアウト/サインインを行うことで設定が意図せず戻る動作は好ましくない。
    他の設定値も含めて設定が維持されるように動作を改善してほしい。

Even when the “New meeting experience” is disabled, when one signs out, it will be enabled again when one next logs in.
    It isn’t good for settings to change unexpectedly when just logging in/out.
    Please change this issue where this and other setting values change by themselves.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. allow the floating toolbar to dock somewhere NOT in the middle of the screen!

Must be a bug - HATE the toolbar always floating in front of what's being presented.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 163 164
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base