Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Integrate Teams chat into Outlook email search so that Outlook email search results include relevant Teams chats (like Skype does)

Integrate Teams chat into Outlook email search so that Outlook email search results include relevant Teams chats (like how relevant Skype chats are included in a search done in Outlook email).

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sorting Team members

A small, but very useful improvement would be: To be able to sort the Members of a Team under "Manage team" menu, by Status, Name, Title, Location, Role, etc.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable eDiscovery to search chats and files which have been edited or deleted

We currently cannot audit chats and files which have been deleted or edited in Microsoft Teams unless we enable the retention policy. It would be great if we could use eDiscovery function to search them without using the retention policy.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Search within a Chat

Search within a chat

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow us to search messages with specifying posting date in Microsoft Teams

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のメッセージの検索について
    Allow us to search messages with specifying posting date in Microsoft Teams

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams のメッセージの検索にて、メッセージの投稿日の日付を指定して検索できる機能の提供を希望します。

I would like to see the feature to search messages with specifying posting date in Microsoft Teams.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make search return messages in context of the conversation again!

This used to be a feature, but now you've removed it?

If I want to find a conversation I had with someone 6 months ago, my only option is to scroll up, wait for messages to load, scroll up some more, wait some more and so on until I finally reach that part of the conversation timeline.

Search used to return messages that, when clicked on, took me to the place on the timeline where we had the discussion I'm looking for. Now clicking on the message only shows the message in isolation with no way of seeing it in…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Search for anything over all teams (also public team I'm not member)

I'd like to find anything I'm looking for even I'm not a member of a public team. Maybe there should be a possibility do decide if I like to search only within teams I'm member or teams I'm member and all public teams.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Search function across multiple wiki TABs within a channel

Search function across multiple TABs within a channel

We have multiple wiki tabs, containing various product information, within a channel. Users would like to be able to search for words across all wikis to be able to find a product that could be in any of the wikis.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Return a whole conversation when using Content Search in Security & Compliance

When we were using Skype for Business and we did a content search an entire conversation would be returned. With Teams only one message in the conversation may be returned. Without the context the returned result is almost useless. We need an easy way to return the whole conversation when a match is found for a content search of message type IM.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Obtain more @mentions by running /mentions in Teams

I would like to obtain more @mentions by running /mentions in Teams. Currently we can get @mentions sent within the last one month.It would be great if I can customize days/months which Teams looks up from, and I want to get more results from more than last one month.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Text search option on individual chat or on a group chat

Search options are very limited and not very helpful. Please allow to search a text in respective chatbox or respective group. Similar to how whatsapp is integrated.
    We are using Teams as a centralized chat option in our organization and its really difficult to search and traceback some of the information.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Specific search

Search inside specific chats with other people and the ability to jump to the message so that the surrounding messages can be read and not just that message.
    not all searches can be pinpointed like a phone number. I remember the context but not the specific message. I can find the message in the general search then have to go into that chat and scroll to that date. Searching within a specific chat with another individual would be much more useful than searching all my chats.

556 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This item is still being reviewed by the feature team. No additional news to share at this time.
    -Warren

13. Get a better feedback system. This is total rubbish.

This is a waste of space. I come to this site to help and it is a maelstrom of mess. I won’t be back.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Search for meeting by name

When you use the top search bar in teams, it doesn't appear to return the names of meetings or of the recordings associated with them. That makes it really difficult to find a previous meeting on a specific topic.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Create a search function for past chats and past files

I think it would be a good idea to add a search function for the past chats and past files. This would enhance efficiency significantly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Search chat history by date, use fuzzy matching; allow navigation of chat by date

Searching in chat history should support fuzzy matching (similar to searching in Bing). It should be possible to search in a chat with a specific user, or in a specific group / channel.

Further, results should include the date and time of the messages. This is important to find information when you know approximately when the conversation took place.

It should be also possible to filter chat history by date, and navigate to chat sections within a range of time.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. MS Teams Search only finds recent items in channels. It is not working for anything older.

The search functionality used to work far better, but it now only finds items from the past 90 days or so when looking for the keyword(s) within Teams channels. It's a significant limitation, and we are not sure why this has happened.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Visual cue for search results

Search is excellent at hiding results. The problem is pre-sorting everything by tabs. This may seem intuitive to developers, but without some kind of visual cue that there's even a result in a tab, it's not obvious at all to users. The results are effectively hidden, or, you need to perform extra clicks to the tabs you want in order to see if there's anything there. I would suggest putting all the results into a single list, grouped by type, rather than hidden behind tabs (which may be empty, for all you know before you click them). Failing that, at…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The ability to set user profiles that appear in the search bar

I want the ability to set user profiles that appear in the search bar.

It is necessary to identify users faster.
    It should be limited to only the information you need.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. provide an online, written, operators manual.

Provide a written operators manual that can be accessed online. for those of us who don't learn as well by watching a video this would be a tremendous help. It also provides a reference that we can return to as needed when having trouble navigating the stystem.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.