Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Search chat

Ability to search a chat. Sometimes the need arises to go through a previous chat but getting to the chat just by scrolling is hectic. An option to search for a specific chat in the chat window would be helpful.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. search options

Search functionality:
    1. Limit Search To:
    * All of Microsoft Teams
    * All Chats
    * Only chats including [select input]
    * All Teams
    * Only Team(s) [select]
    * All channels in a team
    * Only channel(s) [select]

The search function is currently very poorly received across our area because it is just a massive search string.

I would like the ability to restrict a search by Team and/or Channel and/or Individual
    In order to have a more targeted search result
    So that I can more quickly and efficiently find the correct result.

Additionally - searching in User Feedback Forums is…

141 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Enhance the "Search" feature to search the comment fields AND "" search options

It seems that the search feature does not include the comment fields. At least when I attempted to search for a name that I remembered placing in a team card comment, it wouldn't come up - so it must only search the "Task Name" field. Please consider expanding the search fields to include comments - and while at it, consider allowing specific searches using "" so it ONLY searches for a given search string

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Recover library files searcher on SharePoint site from Teams disappeared with the last actualization.

Now to search by words in Teams we need to go to the SharePoint page. It’s not logical, since, if the two applications (SharePoint and Teams) are integrated it's not natural you have to use both. Moreover, the general search bar that appears at the top of the SharePoint page is not as useful as it doesn’t specifically search for words within the library documents, but does it in all Teams Pages.

Regarding request case: 20206972

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Search within chat

Build a 'Search' for key topics or an important chat from past / chat history.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Search Teams chat

I use Teams very intensively these days and I am included in many teams. But, there is an option which is missing me a lot - searching chat by some word.
    So, can you please add search option to Teams Chat to be able to find topic which we discussed.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please provide search option in the chat box like whatsapp.

It would be nice and quick , if we can search any text in conversation or in chat windows

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Filtering search results within Files by Channel

When you search in teams, you can filter search results within Messages by Team and Channel. However, when you can only filter search results within Files by Team. Would be great to be able to filter search results within Files by Team and Channel.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Enable "Changed Global Policy" in audit log search

Enable activity "Changed Global Policy" to see what changed in global policy and who made the changes.

Because some customers' environment requires multiple Global Administrator, while some GA make changes in global policy without authorization.

If the audit log search is not enabled with Changed Global Policy, it would increase the difficulty of management and restore global policy settings if the policy is not archived.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add a feature to hide the email address that is displayed during Microsoft Teams use search when job title is entered

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams ユーザー検索時に表示される役職名入力に伴うアドレスの表示を非表示にする機能の追加
    Add a feature to hide the email address that is displayed during Microsoft Teams use search when job title is entered

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams キーワード検索時にユーザー名を検索した際に、検索候補のユーザー情報内に役職名の左側に () で囲われたメールアドレスの表示が行われる。

ログイン ID として利用しているアドレスの表示がされてしまうことがあり、個人情報保護の観点からこの部分を非表示にする機能を希望。

() 内の表示は、AAD 上で該当ユーザーの "ジョブ情報" を編集し、"役職" に入力して保存された際にアドレスが表示されることを確認

役職に名称を入力している状態で () 内を非表示に切り替える機能を希望

When username is used for keyword searching in Microsoft Teams, the email address enclosed in () on the left side of the job title is displayed in the user information of the search results.

There are situations when the address used as login IDs are displayed as well, so we hope this can be…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Restrict guest users' search function

Guest users are able to search internal users that are not in the same team by type in their full address into the search bar.

We want to restrict this search functionality from guest users.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Search within Chat window

Functionality to search the string within the chat window between two individuals. For example: I have chatted with my colleague about some project say "abc". Now after few months if i go back to chat window to look for the project discussion, I should be able to search with "abc" string and get my chat what we discussed long back.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. We want to be able to use department names and furigana for searching users in Microsoft Teams search

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams 内の検索にて、部署名やフリガナを利用したユーザー検索をできるようにしたい
    We want to be able to use department names and furigana for searching users in Microsoft Teams search

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams を利用していますが、検索ボックスにユーザーの部署名やフリガナを入れても、該当のユーザーが検索結果に表示されません。
    Skype for Business ではユーザーの部署名やフリガナを入れた場合にユーザー検索が可能であったため、同様の機能を Microsoft Teams でも実装希望です。​
    We are using Microsoft Teams, but even if we enter the user's department name and furigana, that user does not get displayed in the search results.
    As user search can be done in Skype for Business even when the user's department name and furigana is used, we hope that the same feature can be implemented in Microsoft Teams.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please add CTRL + F in Microsoft Teams to find things easier in chat history

Hi! It would be nice if you can add a seach feature. Please add "CTRL + F". It would really help rathen than scrolling up in chat history like 5 days ago or worse, weeks or months ago.

Thank you.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I would like to see search results in a semi-structure format

Categorize and organize the search results by rank, chats, channels, teams, sharepoint destinations.

This implies that the search goes across all those vectors.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Function to customize the user search in Teams

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams ユーザー検索をカスタマイズする機能
    Function to customize the user search in Teams

■Description(内容):
    現在 Microsoft Teams ではユーザー検索の際に、"Exchange アドレス帳ポリシーを利用したユーザー検索制限" しか検索を制限する機能がなく誰でも検索できてしまう。ユーザーにより、検索可能な範囲を詳細に設定できる機能(特定ユーザーのみ検索可能等の検索範囲を制限するなどの調整)の実装を希望します。

Currently when searching for users in Teams, instead of the search function “Using Exchange address book policies to limit user search”, you can search for anyone. We would like a function where the scope of searching that is possible can be set in detail for different users (restrictions such as only specific users being able to search).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Search within a Chat

Search within a chat

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Display all assignments

When a student attempts to view their assignments they should be able to view all of them. Due to the fact that they are separate the student could have a lot of classes meaning they may have to go through each one individually. So there should be a list of all assignments starting with the one that's due first

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Regarding user search for Microsoft Teams

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams でのユーザー検索について
    Regarding user search for Microsoft Teams

■Description(内容):
    現在 Microsoft Teams の機能の調整で、姓名での検索ができなくなっている。
    日本語でユーザー名を登録している場合、苗字の 2 文字で検索することも多いため、姓名での検索ができるように調整の緩和をしてほしい。​
    Currently searching by full name has become impossible due to adjustments to Microsoft Teams features.
    If the username was registered in Japanese, it is common to search using 2 characters of a surname, so we hope that the adjustments can be changed to make it possible to search by full name.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Search within Chat window

functionality to search the string within the chat window between two individuals. For example: I have chatted with my colleague about some project say "abc". Now after few months if i go back to chat window to look for the project discussion, I should be able to search with "abc" string and get my chat what we discussed long back.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base