Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Planner for Private Channels

Would like to use the Planner inside private channels. For instance, we have a team about a specific technology/project, and we have created private channel to discuss about new sales/pipeline of that project, and we don´t want everybody to have access to its discussion and/or related agenda (Planner).

But, when I try to create a Planner into this private channel, it doesn´t appear at the list, Planner only appears for non-private channels, like "General". Therefore, I cant have a Planner for a private channel, and I am using ASANA, which I can plug-in my Private Channel at Teams.

241 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Attached link shown on task card must not use huge icon

As described in this forum post
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/teams-planner-links-showing-as-large-icons/4e757700-5fa9-4f0a-b400-b476f0c4ca1a
    the layout of Planner task cards with an attachment of type "link" for which "Show on card" is ticked has changed for the worse recently.
    The feature adds a clickable link with a small icon before it to the card. A few days ago, this was all it did, and we liked it.
    Now, the icon is also used as the preview image, larger than the card itself (see screenshot), wasting precious screen space. There seems to be no way to disable the preview image (other than not showing the link on the…

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Planners in private channels

The ability to create a private planner in a private channel in Teams is much needed. Right now I have to create a private channel in Teams. Open Planner and create a private plan, copy the link. Open the Team channel and create a website tab and pasting the link. TOO MUCH!

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create Default Views in Planner

It would be nice to be able to set default views in Planner. For example, my team prefers to Group by Assignment and Filter by Today & Late. It becomes quite cumbersome to have to reset our preferences throughout the day every single time we toggle between Planner and the other Teams apps/features.

192 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I need Planner in private channel. When it will be available?

Planner in private channel is very needed

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Attendance register for the meeting...

Attendance register for the meeting...

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Planner in Private Channel Security - Planner members match the Members of the Private Channel

I use Private Channels to restrict each private channel to the project Team. So I need the ability to create Planners in for a Private channel but only for the members of the Private Channel, a subset of the member in the General Channel.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Link Tasks from one planner to another

Sometimes there are different teams working on same tasks and it would be good to link task from one planner to another in any channel and any team

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. planner app not working or not showing on Microsoft teams private channel

for Private channel when I add the new tab for planner app it's not showing. it's a important to me for working on private channel. please help to me

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Task Dependencies, Predecessors and Successors

We are in the process of implementing TEAMS and PLANNER in my department, an exciting endeavor. Several people have made comments on the inability to link task dependencies in Planner, which I agree would make it better for Project and Operations planning. The ability to link tasks would be great, even if it doesn't feed into schedule tracking / analytics. That being said, I still wish to thank you and every member of your team for developing this WONDERFUL product!!

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Slider to adjust the size of the overview - view more tasks on one page (unleash the potential)

Summary:
    The maximum is reached with 10 tasks per bucket at a zoom-level of 100%. Not enough to manage business projects...

Why:
    Complex projects of today cannot be managed with this small amount of tasks. However, there is a huge need for clever project management tools such as Planner.

How:
    The easy handling of Planner should be continued. Therefore the solution should be a simple slider or a few view settings (e.g. standard, max x tasks, all tasks on one page).

What:
    With this solution it is easy to see which project member has too many tasks.
    The challenge is…

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Planner - export comments

For the Export Planner to Excel feature, please add the comments to the export.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Save filters for Planner by channel

Our team uses a shared planner between multiple channels to keep track of our overall tasks. For each channel, we filter down to that channel's bucket and change the grouping. We would prefer for this filter to remain with a given channel's view when we move away from that view or close the application.

In summary:
    - Planner shared between channels
    - Desire Planner filters to be sticky/saved by channel

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. To Do or Planner for private channels on MS Teams.

I can't insert Planner like a tab into a private channel, it will be cool for manage activities and tasks for a specific channel inside the group.

The alternative that i found was insert the To Do URL inside a tab like an website, that option is rudimentary, To Do should to be able to integrate with Teams in native way through an App.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Planner Comments Integration to Teams Chat

Currently, Planner Comments work by sending emails in the back end. That's fine, but since we're moving away from emailing and towards Teams, let's integrate that backend using a Teams chat instead. The email integration has merit, but it's wonky, many people don't understand how it works and remove the group email when responding, and it doesn't always seem to work.It would be much more natural to use a Teams chat for comments than email.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add "Create task" action for posts in Microsoft Teams

Add a "create task" action for posts in Microsoft Teams. For a post, when you click on the ellipsis and "More actions", the Planner "create task" action opens a card with the content of the post as the task description. The card lets you add a few other details for the task and if you save, would reply to the post with a link to the task just created.

The card should be kept simple. Focus is on quickly capture the content of a post into a task and make it visible that a task has been created. The details…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. @mention in planner tasks with notification

It should be possible to mention specific people with @name in the comments of planner.

The respective should be notified accordingly.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Planner Interface Improvement/New Features

1. We can Customize the Progress like On-Hold is mandatory for an activity

2. Customize new Fields to link with Project Management based on Manager's feasibility

3. Members of the Teams can view all the Activity irrespective of what activity is assigned to them. Also, they can able to change the entire activity which was assigned to them, rather they can able to add only Comments, Status and Tick the Check list not to add/delete it. If Point 2 is addressed, Owner of the Planner can have the flexibility to enable the custom field as Editable for the Plan Members

4. We can also…
    10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Assignment estimated time and student workload plan

A great solution would be if in Assignment the teacher could add the estimated time of solving and the time he spent on composing the task.
    Similarly, the student should write down how much time he or she has spent completing the task.
    This data would then be collected in a Sharepoint list and displayed with PowerBI or in Insights.In our school we are most interested in the weekly / daily workload of students all toogether and by diferent subjects.
    Of course, it would be great if you could also read the data from all the Assignment drafts and plan…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. assign a task to more than 11 members

Please increase the amount of members a task can be assigned to. From 11 max members increase it to 15 at least.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 45 46
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base