Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Flagged Email List Missing from Tasks in Teams

While it's great bringing To Do lists into Teams, the "Flagged Email" list is curiously missing. This means that if I flag an email, I must run Microsoft To Do in order to see this list. If I still need to access To Do, what's the point of moving everything into tasks in Teams? Please bring this list over to to Tasks in Teams!

420 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

59 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. include to-do "my day" functionality in planner tasks

hi, one interesting thin of to-do is the functionality "My Day", this is not included in the new planner+tasks app in teams

It's a good idea to include it.

thanks

130 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow 'Tasks assigned to me' to be filtered by colour labels

when assigning tasks you may use colour labels to show which category/person the tasks includes or is assigned to (if tracking someone else's to do list)
    using the colour labels makes it easier to identify a particular individual included within the task.

Having the colour labels within 'tasks assigned to me' and being able to filter based on the labels would be more beneficial than going into each separate team channel (especially if there are multiple with tasks)
    When tracking others to do list/tasks you may assign yourself to the task to keep a reminder - so having the colour…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Planner in Teams - show flagged emails as well as tasks / todos

Planner in Teams - show flagged emails as well as tasks / todos

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Share a Plan with Multiple Teams

Allow a plan to be shared across Teams. For example, members of three separate Teams need to contribute to one overarching plan (think project steering team vs. project subteam). Instead of creating yet another Team for that one plan, we should be able to provide all three Teams access to that one plan. This would create shared visibility, but keep other aspects of the individual Teams secure.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Implement "pre-defined checklists" easy to apply to many tasks in planner with few clicks

Many tasks may have the same routine during part of execution, for example for "problem candidates" tasks may start with 1) collecting evidence 2) logging 3) announcing to some group 3) root cause analysis and more. It would be great if i could define few checklists, and add such predefined one with few clicks to chosen tasks and follow it step by step, instead of creating checklist every time when i create a task.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Optimal merging of OneNote tasks and MS Planner tasks in MS Teams

You can add a task in OneNote notebook. This task will then also appear in Outlook.

It would be desirable if a task in (local OneNote client or in the MS Teams integration) OneNote could be defined as MS Planner task.

Together with the better integration of Teams, Planner, To Do, Sharepoint and Outlook desired by other users, this would be optimal.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Put an "effort" or "size" button on the cards in Planner

It would be great to have an "Effort" or "size" button on the cards, or an input field (like the priority field) where the effort of the ticket could be inserted in eg. Fibonacci numbers, t-shirt sizes or similar. This would allow teams to track their velocity and even make burndown charts in the charts function.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. MS Project/Planner for private channel

We have realized that there is a limitation to MS teams functionality that it is not possible to use planner or MS project for a private channels. We have all relevant licenses but we are still missing the function. is there any workaround possible here? Otherwise, I would request to consider this case as a change request. Thanks.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Tag @user in planner/tasks comments

When writing comments in the planner / tasks app it should be possible to tag a user so the user gets notified. This should be possible for assigned users as well as other users in the channel.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Return Board view to converged Planner Tasks in New Teams Task App

In old version of Planner app in Teams, the default view was all my tasks were in a board view that converged all the cards from all the Plans into verticals that were based on progress. In the New Planner/Tasks app being rolled out this view is replaced with a list view with no option to change it to a board view. Please restore this option and allow users to choose their default view in the new Tasks app.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. combine multiple planners

Combine multiple planners for comprehensive view of what tasks employees are assigned.
    I have multiple Teams (corporate level and site level). In the site level team, I have multiple channels set for each location. Each site location channel has their own planner where they submit documents to be reviewed and approved. Corporate staff are assigned to each task in the different channels. I would like to be able to have a comprehensive view of all planners so I can see how my corporate staff is responding to field requests. it will allow me to monitor my team and their performance…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Integrate Planner tasks with Jira

Would be great if planner tasks were automatically added to Jira board.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Attached link shown on task card must not use huge icon

As described in this forum post
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/teams-planner-links-showing-as-large-icons/4e757700-5fa9-4f0a-b400-b476f0c4ca1a
    the layout of Planner task cards with an attachment of type "link" for which "Show on card" is ticked has changed for the worse recently.
    The feature adds a clickable link with a small icon before it to the card. A few days ago, this was all it did, and we liked it.
    Now, the icon is also used as the preview image, larger than the card itself (see screenshot), wasting precious screen space. There seems to be no way to disable the preview image (other than not showing the link on the…

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Planner Integration in Private Channel

Does Microsoft has the Planner integration in private channels on their roadmap and when it might be implemented?

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Delete Unused Labels

We need to be able to delete labels that are not in use. I have set about 10 labels that can be used, but when I group tasks by label I end up with all the unused labels on the left and I need to scroll right to find my actual labels, extremely annoying.

Label management should be 101 - add, delete, edit, hide - at the moment we only have edit to rename!

Apologies if this is already listed but the search did not come up with anything.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allows to change/add column on planner tasks list

it will be very useful if you allow end user to customise their task list view in planner. For example it will be useful to view the start date. thanks !

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. @mention in planner tasks with notification

It should be possible to mention specific people with @name in the comments of planner.

The respective should be notified accordingly.

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. make 'Move Task' action in Planner available in Power Automate

Can we make the 'Move Task' Planner Task action available in Power Automate. This is something we manually do to archive our Planner tasks to another planner board which is painful. This would make such a difference. Thank You

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add open tab in Tasks from Planner and ToDo

I'm working more and more in (especially) Planner from Teams and it's very useful to have the "open tab" in new window in the tasks tab in a channel.

It would also be nice to have that same feature in the "Tasks from Planner and To Do" Appso when you're viewing your own tasks you can open the whole plan in a new windows and look at all the tasks in the plan there.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 71 72
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base