Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Planner available for private channel

Planner is currently unavailable for private channels in Teams, which is creating a lot of buzz.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Slider to adjust the size of the overview - view more tasks on one page (unleash the potential)

Summary:
    The maximum is reached with 10 tasks per bucket at a zoom-level of 100%. Not enough to manage business projects...

Why:
    Complex projects of today cannot be managed with this small amount of tasks. However, there is a huge need for clever project management tools such as Planner.

How:
    The easy handling of Planner should be continued. Therefore the solution should be a simple slider or a few view settings (e.g. standard, max x tasks, all tasks on one page).

What:
    With this solution it is easy to see which project member has too many tasks.
    The challenge is…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. policy for who can delete the planner

We need Microsoft to create a policy for who can delete the planner in Microsoft Teams. This will be a very useful policy for Teams users.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Restored the permanently planner

i think Micrsosoft should create a recycle bin for storing the deleted planners in case that users delete planners accidently

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Email notification sent to everyone assigned to a Planner task when someone comments on that task

If someone comments on a Planner task everyone assigned to that same task should receive an email notification advising of the comment.

People are commenting on tasks I am assigned to and I am not aware of such comments until I go into each task and see them.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. task within a task

It would be great to be able to assign individual tasks within a task. For example, if you have a group of people who must perform tasks in order for another task to be completed, you should be able to assign different elements of the task checklist to different people. This would also be useful if multiple people need to execute on the same task list activities for a commonly assigned task. Having task list specific start dates, due dates and end dates would also be great. Come to think of it, a completion (end) date isn't shown at the…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Create Default Views in Planner

It would be nice to be able to set default views in Planner. For example, my team prefers to Group by Assignment and Filter by Today & Late. It becomes quite cumbersome to have to reset our preferences throughout the day every single time we toggle between Planner and the other Teams apps/features.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I want to get Planner tasks deadline notification in Teams

I want to get Teams notification when Planner tasks deadline is approaching or late.
    Right now, We can get only Planner assignment notifications in Teams.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow ability to copy the full "Bucket" of tasks in MS Planner.

Allow ability to copy the full "Bucket" of tasks in MS Planner. Currently we can copy a task, but would love to be able to copy or duplicate a full bucket!

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. planner

Our company uses planner a lot in teams via the integrate plan in tab feature. We love that. We miss two things:

• If I add a comment in a planner card, I cannnot adress somebody (of my team where planner board is integrated) by the @symbol. This would be helpful and this person should get a teams notification.

-

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please, include Gantt Charts to be used on Planner (Project Management)

Please, include Gantt Charts to be used on Planner (Project Management)

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow direct file attachment to Planner Tasks in TEAMS

Provide ability to attach a document to a Planner Task from your Desktop (like you can do in a SP task).  Today, you have to upload the document into Teams first, then open your Planner Task and then attach by referencing the previously uploaded document.

404 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Chart and Schedule for "My Tasks"

"Charts" and "Schedules" are available in the planner in individual channels. However these are not available when trying to view all "my tasks" . So you can not see an overall schedule or progress of everything assigned to you. You have to go into each channel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Colors, Labels, Sorting, Boards, Schedules, ETC..

1. Have for label options (don't care about the exact color) just to add more labels if needed

2. Sort Labels in Alphabetical order or by Color (color wheel)

3. Schedule/Calendar View it would be great to have colors depending on the bucket it is in... OR

4. OR if you have multiple calendars for a specific channel then it would color code red for planner A and green for planner B and then you don't have to have multiple calendar views in one channel.

5. Boards allow users to see the notes and checklists instead of only having the option to view one or…
    4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. To get a chart that shows the tasks assigned for the whole team, not only in the plan.

I have many groups and plans that have many members in common. Yet when I want to know whos busy and whos free I have to go to the plans one by one and check the chart and the schedule that shows only the tasks assigned to the members only in the opened plan.

Adding a feature where I can see the tasks for the whole team in the group or the whole organization in a chart/ schedule will make distributing the tasks among the members much easier and the work more efficient.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Progress and Status Option

I would like the progress/status option in Planner to be customizable to where we can update and add in the type of progress/status we would like to see. Similar to how the labels you can type in the name, but would like to see this applied to the progress/status feature and this to be updated as well in the charts view.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Task Gantt chart

In the graphs tab please add a (gantt) chart timeline view of tasks that shows when they were added, started and completed. This could be organised by bucket, label, person, etc. It will enable us to see tasks that have been outstanding for a long time and also average time to complete tasks.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Spell Check in Desktop Teams Planner

Please include Spell Checking and Proofing Tools in Planner.

Currently Descriptions, Checklists and Comments are not spell-checked.

This makes it difficult to search if keywords have been misspelt.

It's also inconsistent with the rest of the Teams user interface. Spell check is available on conversations and chat.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add colour to Planner!

Planner is great for integration with other Microsoft office tools but it falls far behind competitors with it's utter bland-ness! Having the ability to change the dull grey background as well as colour-code and add images to tasks would lift Planner's game no-end & encourage 1000's more to migrate from other platforms.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add @mentions in planner tabs

@ mentions do not seem to work outside of the chat and channels. It would be useful to be able to tag someone directly in the Notes, Checklist and Comments of a planner card.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 32 33
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base