Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. live captions in portuguese brazil

Live caption in Teams both meetings and live events to have Portuguese Brazil available.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need Proofing in Teams

(CREATING THIS AS THE ORIGINAL WAS HELD DUE TO DEV LEAVING COMPANY. USE AS NEW CASE)

One of the defining features of office down the years has been the proofing tools (i.e. Spell checker, theasaurus, autocorrect, grammar checker). I would love to see these come to Teams.

The way I envisage this working is as I'm typing a message the famous red/blue/green squigglies that we've all become familiar with should show up.

Most of all I'd like autocorrect (i.e. a spelling correction that I've used previously automatically gets applied as I type). Stretch goal for this, have a single set…

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Real-time translation feature for Teams meeting

It would be great that Teams could implement a real-time translation for conversations in a meeting and captioning feature like the Presentation Translator add-in for PowerPoint. This feature would be useful to have a Teams meeting with users in other countries.

512 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

103 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. teams spell check

Please, we definitively need Teams to support spell checking for English and non-English languages.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Notation of usernames displayed in Teams online meetings

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams の Web 会議で表示されるユーザー名の表記について
    Notation of usernames displayed in Teams online meetings

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams の Web 会議で表示されるユーザー名は現在ユーザーのプロファイルの言語にて表示されるが、海外のユーザーと会議を行う場合に、表示されるユーザー名を英語表記に切り替えて使用できる機能の拡充を要望いたします。

Usernames shown in Teams online meetings are currently shown in the language of the user’s profile, but when holding a meeting with users in other countries, we would like to be able to have usernames be changed into English characters.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Voice to text feature in Teams

Can you add a "dictate" or "voice to text" feature to Teams?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add Spell check for other Languages

It would be great if Microsoft Teams had the ability to spell check other languages. I like that all my operating systems are in English but I mostly write in Spanish since I am in a Spanish native country.

It would be a great feature to add.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add the ability for Microsoft Teams to use my custom dictionary.

Currently no option to add words into custom dictionary in the Teams app or utilize the words I've already added.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Take over locals from windows - or at least allow them to be set

Allow me to use my language, 24 h clock and similar
    Plus it could proof read my chats accordingly

158 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Funcionalidad de Traductor de voz en tiempo real durante una reunión

Sumar la funcionalidad del TRASLATOR de MICROSOFT a TEAMS. Es decir que durante una reunión con personas de otros paises puedan ver la traducción del orador en el idioma de cada uno a medida que va hablando.
    Teams tiene una funcionalidad similar pero actualmente sólo transcribe lo que va diciendo en el mismo idioma, no lo traduce a otro idioma

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add QWERTZ (Swiss) keyboard to Teams phones

In the Teams embedded app on Teams certified phones (eg: Yealink T5xA phones), we can choose between approx 15 different languages and associated keyboard layouts.
    Today there is no Swiss layout available (fr-CH: Swiss French - 100c:0000100c) and it's not convenient for users to have to choose another keyboard layout.
    Can you please add much more keyboard layouts?
    Thanks!

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Translator Audio Stream during Live Events

During Live Events, allow a translator to occupy a second audio channel for the meeting. attenddees could then either listen to the event in Language 1 or Language 2.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. como hago para eliminar las conversaciones

en el mismo icono de actividad.,debería haber la opción de poder eliminar la conversacion

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  61 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Captions

being able to scroll back through the captions

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Improve the closed captioning of Microsoft Teams meeting for Deaf/Hard of Hard of Hearing

When the close captioning is engaged, indicate who is speaking and what they say. The captioning runs together. Here is an example of what it looks like on Google Meets.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow "add to dictionary" of words used daily as company lingo. (can't find "add to dictionary" in the help section)

Company lingo words added to dictionary to eliminate the "misspelled word" syndrome.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I want to choose the proofing language per chat/channel

Our organization has people with different native languages (in different offices around the world). So we mostly communicate in English, which is therefore my language setting.
    But with my Dutch colleagues I like the chats to be in Dutch.
    It would be really convenient if I could set a chat/channel to a certain language from its context menu, which should then change the proofing while typing a message to that language.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Renaming translation "due on" in German

Dear Teams Team,

in German the date when a task should be handed in by the students ("due on") is translated as "Fällig am" which sounds very rigid and rather suitable for old-school business. Please change translation into something more adequately.

Thanks in advance!
    Clemens Meyer

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow for realtime multi language inputs and multiple translations in a single meeting

Often times, we run global meetings which require multiple speakers presenting in their native languages. we need teams to allow for multiple and simultaneous speaker languages with an appropriate translation in the participants native language. eg Portuguese and French meeting presenters (speaking in native languages) addressing an audience of English, Japanese and Chinese audience who will hear the message or see onscreen translations in their native languages

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. enable change language from US English to UK English

change language from US English to UK English, the current spell checker in Teams forces US English

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base