Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Italian subtitles

Hi to all. I use Teams a lot in smart working and I am satisfied with it. But I have a serious problem. I'm deaf so I need Italian subtitles in videochats. Unfortunately Teams provides English subtitles only. Would a beta version with Italian subtitles be feasible? (Microsoft owns Skype which already provides Italian subtitles). Thank you.

4,157 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

836 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams initial language settings

Currently, the initial language of Teams depends on the base language of the OS.
    For example, even if I apply the Japanese language pack, the base language of the OS is English, so the initial language of Teams will be English.
    If the user has to change the language manually and has a large number of employees, this can be a huge effort.
    So, please fix that refer the application status of the language pack.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Gender neutral / equal language within MS Teams

Hello everyone,

diversity and gender equality is not only becoming more important within society. One aspect of these topics is to develop inclusive behaviour. Language has a major impact on the inclusive behaviour of the workforce but also within IT. Especially the German language can lead to a exclusivity of genders.

Example: org charts (in German language)

The org charts within MS TEAMS and Outlook does only consider the male gender for employees (only "Mitarbeiter"). It could be an option to use gender neutral words (if they exist), e.g. "Mitarbeitende". Please find a screenshot attached.

There might be other languages…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Native languages to Teams translator

Request that Native languages, including Dakhota and Ojibwe, be added to the Teams translator. Individuals who speak Native languages remind us that English is a language that is foreign to the US. Access to the Native languages of our state via a Teams translator would help our staff create a better equity-driven conversation, learn the languages of the communities we serve, and, ultimately, provide a more equitable service.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Real-time translation feature for Teams meeting

It would be great that Teams could implement a real-time translation for conversations in a meeting and captioning feature like the Presentation Translator add-in for PowerPoint. This feature would be useful to have a Teams meeting with users in other countries.

1,704 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

247 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Khmer (Cambodian) Language Support

Hello, could Khmer be a supported language in Teams and other Office products?

Our workplace has dozens of Khmer speakers using Microsoft Office products, including Teams, for our daily work. Other local NGOs and business are doing similarly to improve communication and streamline work.

I see a "Khmer Language Support" request was requested in 2018 with 37 votes and declined by Microsoft with the comment "It can be considered later." I see multiple languages offered, and it is great to see other Southeast Asian languages like Thai and Vietnamese. Even Welsh is offered, noting the only around 855k people can…

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Need Proofing in Teams

(CREATING THIS AS THE ORIGINAL WAS HELD DUE TO DEV LEAVING COMPANY. USE AS NEW CASE)

One of the defining features of office down the years has been the proofing tools (i.e. Spell checker, theasaurus, autocorrect, grammar checker). I would love to see these come to Teams.

The way I envisage this working is as I'm typing a message the famous red/blue/green squigglies that we've all become familiar with should show up.

Most of all I'd like autocorrect (i.e. a spelling correction that I've used previously automatically gets applied as I type). Stretch goal for this, have a single set…

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please add Ukrainian language support in Live Captions

Support for additional languages was added recently - https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=70593

But there is no Ukrainian, please add:)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Integrate Office/Outlook dictionary (and enable "Add to Dictionary" feature) for Teams

I have built a good dictionary in Office/Outlook over the years, but Teams isn't using that... very annoying. Also, there's no way to add words to the Teams dictionary. Lastly, Outlook seems to read the name of the person and auto-add it to the dictionary, whereas Teams ignores the names altogether and tells me there's a spelling mistake.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Is it worth it to learn AWS in 2021?

AWS is leading the cloud market due to its innovation and excellence. Cloud computing is an emerging technology these days. It has replaced old methods of storing data and maintaining costly servers locally. And AWS fulfills the requirement of a perfect cloud vendor with its products and best services. Being an outstanding performer in the cloud market, it becomes necessary to learn cloud computing no matter which year it is.

Reasons to Learn AWS

Currently, the development of Web Applications and Mobile Applications is trending. So you must require a cloud service to host the application, store its data, ensures…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. MS Teams - Alternative Display Name

We would like to have the option of using an alternative display name in MS Teams. All our users' (8000+) display name are enlisted in Local AD with their name written in Greek Alphabet and this makes it hard to read for non-Greek speaking users. It will be really useful to have an alternative display name written in Latin/English in order to make the communication easier.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Translator Audio Stream during Live Events

During Live Events, allow a translator to occupy a second audio channel for the meeting. attenddees could then either listen to the event in Language 1 or Language 2.

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. enable change language from US English to UK English

change language from US English to UK English, the current spell checker in Teams forces US English

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. french closed captioning

It would be helpful if we could have closed captioning for French. We currently have the ability in Live Event to have a person speaking English to enable English closed captioning; it would be nice to have the same option for French (an official language in Canada) and even to expand the feature to other languages.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Teams search cannot fully recognize Thai character

When we try to search file names in Thai, the file cannot be searched. But if we search in Eng, it can be found. It seems Teams search cannot fully recognize Thai character which is very bad for Thai users' experience.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. teams spell check

Please, we definitively need Teams to support spell checking for English and non-English languages.

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Multilanguage spell check

I am using Teams in English, but I have counterparts I chat in French and Spanish as well. So, it would be useful to choose spell check for different languates, either based on default keyboard layout I use at that moment, or to choose it manually if I want a spell check.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. In French, modify the button "nouvelle conversation" by "nouvelle publication"

When you are in a TEAM channel you are in "publication", it's important to rename the button "nouvelle publication". It's not a "nouvelle conversation".

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Translate longer channel/chats posts

Sometimes, you need to post a longer message or announcement for an international team. In that case, if you try and use the translation button as the recipient of this message, the following warning message appears: "This message is too long to be translated".

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Keyboard shortcuts to add language accents (like word/outlook)

MS Word, and Outlook have a feature that allow one to type accents without a special keyboard. This very useful in multilingual environments, accents in people's names etc. I know Windows has a "US International" keyboard layout but I find that not practical. How it works in MS word is described here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/keyboard-shortcuts-to-add-language-accent-marks-in-word-3801b103-6a8d-42a5-b8ba-fdc3774cfc76

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base