Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Follow us on Twitter: Official announcements come from our @MicrosoftTeams Twitter handle and often reference our blog at https://TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://M365Roadmap

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to Mute a Conversation Thread

Please allow the ability for individual users to mute replies to a thread they have participated in. Allow this to be a toggle located under the three dot menu or an additional hover button.

313 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

30 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change color of new message notification

The Teams notification button in the Taskbar turns red when a user is busy/in a meeting. It also turns red when you receive a message. The color shouldn’t show red for both as it's confusing. Please change the color for new messages. Pop-up notifications of receiving a message isn’t usable as I’m constantly conducting demos and showing my desktop. As a workaround for every meeting (several times a day), I have to manually set my status to “Available.” Otherwise I can’t tell when I receive a new message. Please change the color to show for new messages!

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Notifications using first word of displayname

Currently Teams is sending notifications towards other users when they are offline or unreachable. In those notifications the first word of the displayname is being used instead of the full Displayname or just the given (first) name. In large organisations this leads to very confusing funny situations. As an example we use as displayname the last name followed by a comma and then the first name.

So at the end you get notifications like Hi Van, Van has send you a message.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Blink Icon for unread messages

Teams icon pinned in taskbar doesn't blink orange anymore when I receive new messages. I cannot find an option to turn this. Was this removed?

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Download Improvements

Download Improvements

Generally the download experience with Teams is pretty poor and I'm amalgamating suggestions in to one

- Configuration of download location other than default download folder
    - Download progress and fixing of hanging UI when downloading file
    - Permanent notification to user in chat/team room or even a downloaded management area showing downloaded files with a direct link to open file
    - Ability to open file directly from notification
    - Ability to open folder from all areas download is listed
    - Ability to download to a different one time location from the file hamburger menu

94 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create alias mention groups, or mention DLs like @here (Slack has this)

Can we @mention everyone in the team at once (group) instead of using @ for every single name?

Also, can we use a different first name than the system because people goes by different name?
    It will help if we can copy and paste the @ mention for new conversation.

Basically, I'm looking to be able to create an "@" alias for different groups of people within a team.

Use Case:
    We have a team with 3 designers, 2 mobile devs, 2 strategists, and 2 web devs. It would be nice to have the ability to set up tags like…

272 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Phone ring

Please add the device choice for incoming call ringing,
    as it was possible in skype business.

Computer loudspeaker ring, and not that the ringtone arrives in the headphones.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. notifications

I am unable to get any pop-up notifications on my phone from the Teams app. I have checked the following settings: On the app:
    Menu/Settings/Notifications:

Send Notifications - "Always, even if active on desktop"

Push Notifications - All selected

Sound - set on with vibrate

On the phone:

Settings/Notifications:

Teams set to notify

Advanced:

Allow Notifications selected

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Send a message with no push notification

If I was able to send a message without a push notiifcation, I could be able to differentiate how I want my messages to be handled in urgent vs. non-urgent cases. This way I only interrupt the user on the other end when I need them to see my message, otherwise the message could go to the background of their inbox.

(Also it would be nice to be able to 'remind' the user that I sent them a message if it had been sitting in their inbox for awhile).

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Notifications

I always miss notifications and meetings in Teams. Need more control over notification settings.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Mute team notifications on channels and teams when team is not favorite

When you don't want to leave the team, but it is not actively worked on (so, it is not favorite) , there needs to be a option to mute all team and channel atmention notifications from it. I would want to stick in the team so I can be atmentioned when needed.

Currently, if you unfavorite team you still get notications
    - when somebody atmentions the team (as per documentation)
    - when somebody atmentions a channel that is favorite (even when the team is unfavorited)
    - when somebody atmentions general channel of unfavorited team (since you can't unfavorite general)

Now…

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Automatic DND when presenting

Automatically set status to Do Not Disturb/DND when presenting or sharing screen like on Skype. It's very inconvenient when banners for personal chat notifications come up during meetings, sometimes the content is not to be shared with others. If not that then allow for the option to not show actual text in the banner notifications.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Out of office pop up showing up constantly for all users

Hi,

We at work are in a group chat and when someone is out of office, the little grey bar ontop of the chat box keeps showing up with the info that the person is out of office and may not respond.

You can close it but every time you re-open the chat tab it pops back up.

This happens for all users in chat (about 20 participants).

Can we disable this?

Thanks

110 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Better notification control, especially sound options

Right now (3/5/19 update) the only options for sound notifications are All; call, mention, and chat; Off.

I want sound notifications for call, but not chat or mention. Grouping calls with chats for sound notifications is odd - calls are usually important but sound notifications for every chat message is excessive.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. notifications

Notification options are very limited. I would like to have the option for the Teams application to 'flash' to inform me of notifications, rather than using a banner or email. Banners are disruptive and emails are more spam, if I do not select one of these options for chats I do not get any notification at all.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Mute a channel - (Mute Chat is complete)

I'd love to keep groups/channels in my list, but mute a channel so I don't get those. I get notified whenever some tags a channel eg @General, it's super distracting!

Also would like the possibility to mute a group chat, so no sound or mobile notification should be received for a user that chooses to mute some group chat.

824 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

123 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

Mute a channel is still being worked upon. The team is still hard at work on this item. No updates at this time.

-Warren

17. Add the option for you to "unmention" yourself in a conversation thread where another user has mentioned you

Add an option to conversation threads that allows @mentioned users to "unmention" themselves. This will be particularly useful where the user has been mentioned incorrectly (i.e. the wrong John Smith is mentioned) and where the user's part in the conversation has naturally ended and they no longer need to see updates for the thread.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Better activity notifications when connected to multiple organizations

When using Teams with multiple organizations, there is no clear notification of new content being posted to organizations outside the current organization. I have to remember to periodically check the other organizations for new content manually.

This is slowing adoption of Teams with Guest users because Guests aren't made aware of the new content, and people fall back to email.

In Slack, all slacks/organizations are listed and a dot appears next to any slack that has new content. Some sort of notification system that shows new content across all joined organizations would be helpful. Even better would be a setting…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Respect Focus Assist

Teams should respect Windows Focus Assist settings. I'm not even sure how apps are allowed to override Windows settings like this.
    I put Windows Focus Assist into Alarms Only mode so I could record screen captures and I Teams kept popping up notifications over my application. I had to completely exit Teams so I could finish my task.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Channel or Team Notifications

Teams does not provide any notification when someone posts to a Team channel. We have people not realising that someone's said something in a channel because people expect to have a notification that this happens. No one constantly checks Teams to see if there has been any activity.

Could there be a banner notification at least on a "per-Team" basis telling us someone has posted something to one of our channels?

At a minimum, some kind of generic notification that activity has occurred within any one of your Teams would be useful.

147 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 46 47
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base