Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change color of new message notification

The Teams notification button in the Taskbar turns red when a user is busy/in a meeting. It also turns red when you receive a message. The color shouldn’t show red for both as it's confusing. Please change the color for new messages. Pop-up notifications of receiving a message isn’t usable as I’m constantly conducting demos and showing my desktop. As a workaround for every meeting (several times a day), I have to manually set my status to “Available.” Otherwise I can’t tell when I receive a new message. Please change the color to show for new messages!

278 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

41 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Differentiate Notification Icons for @Mentions - Personal, Group, Team. Channel

@Mentions are very powerful, but end users need a way to quickly scan all of their teams and channels and quickly prioritize tasks/responses. Currently, you see the same designation (a red @ sign) on a channel even though the mention could be just you, an entire Office group, the entire channel, or even the entire team. Each of those should be a different color and end users should be able to change notification (email, banner, etc.) options based on those 4 categories. A personal @mention is likely more pressing and important than an @mention to an entire channel or team.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Blink Icon for unread messages

Teams icon pinned in taskbar doesn't blink orange anymore when I receive new messages. I cannot find an option to turn this. Was this removed?

386 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  58 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. shifts notifications

SHIFTS: Notifications for upcoming shifts
    StaffHub sent an email to the user assigned to a Shift, to remind them of an upcoming shift. It would be very helpful to have this as an option Teams.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Better notification control, especially sound options

Right now (3/5/19 update) the only options for sound notifications are All; call, mention, and chat; Off.

I want sound notifications for call, but not chat or mention. Grouping calls with chats for sound notifications is odd - calls are usually important but sound notifications for every chat message is excessive.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. notification sounds

Right now, the sound notifications make is not very attention-grabbing, and it's the only option. It would be great if you could choose different sounds for different notifications, as you can in Outlook and other Microsoft programs.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to turn off "Member joined the team" notifications

Create a setting to turn off "Member joined the team" and "...removed Member from the team" posts in the General channel.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Deriving first names from display name is a bad idea

For sorting reasons our company uses display name in the format last name followed by first name; e.g. "Ponguillo Intriago Ronald Alberto"

In Teams, email and activity feed show silly information such as "Ponguillo posted". Or even "De posted" for "De Feyter Kim" (De Feyter = last name).

In order to send a notification with a “friendly” intro referring to the first name of the submitter In Teams, you ASSUME that the first chars up to the first space is in fact the first name. It clearly is not if the display name is in the format last name +…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Phone ring

Please add the device choice for incoming call ringing,
    as it was possible in skype business.

Computer loudspeaker ring, and not that the ringtone arrives in the headphones.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Team won't let us pick more than one "ringer" audio device. Currently, the call only rings to my headset but not my speaker

Team won't let us pick more than one "ringer" audio device. Currently, the call only rings to my headset but not my speaker.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. notifications

On MacOS, please consider the following, or at least make them options:

1. Notifications should use the standard Mac notifications instead of custom ones.

2. Notifications cause dock icon to bounce continuously until addressed.

3. Notification appear regardless of which virtual desktop is visible.

4. Notifications remain visible until addressed.

Any or all of the above would improve notifications immensely. I'm currently missing messages because the notifications are not seen....forcing me to continually monitor the application manually.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Settings > Notifications: Notification sounds need to allow more options

“Notification sounds = Off” will disable all sound notifications, including disabling the Call notifications. What I’d like to do is to disable Mention and Chat notification sounds for example, but keep Call notification sounds. This can't be done at the moment as only 3 options are available:
    All
    Call, mention and chat
    Off
    We would need additional options to cover all use cases.
    Thanks

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Channel notification settings: ability to change default via admin center

Please add via Teams admin to change the default Channel Notifications for "All New Posts" to Banner and Feed" vs default to "off."
    This is very important vs relying on team members to change this setting themselves per channel.

Let them change it if they don't want to receive notifications for certain channels. If you have over 30 channels and like 10 different teams, going through them all to change this settings is terrible especially if you NEED the notifications for the majority of them.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow customization of Teams voicemail notification

Previously, voicemail notification customization was done via Exchange UM. Since this is being retired in favor of a cloud voice server. I would like to suggest implementing this feature ASAP so we can have customized signature/logos in voicemail notification emails.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Automatic DND when presenting

Automatically set status to Do Not Disturb/DND when presenting or sharing screen like on Skype. It's very inconvenient when banners for personal chat notifications come up during meetings, sometimes the content is not to be shared with others. If not that then allow for the option to not show actual text in the banner notifications.

136 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Notification sound: Sounds need to be much louder AND we need to be able to choose from several different sounds, as we could in Slack.

Notification sound: Sounds need to be much louder AND we need to be able to choose from several different sounds, as we could in Slack.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add whole mention text to email notification

I receive notification emails for personal and team mentions. Some are important but many are not. However the email doesn't have enough of the message to tell, so I have to log in to teams and open my activity just to see that someone posted a picture.

Please include the whole conversation message in the email notification.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Notifications

I always miss notifications and meetings in Teams. Need more control over notification settings.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Default notifications for every channel

Every channel should have notifications auto-enabled, which could be muted at the user's liking. Muting could be enabled/disabled in the admin center in the event that a channel is of great importance and needs to send out notifications to everyone. In the attached screenshot is the option to "Notify me every time there is a new post in this channel". This should just be automatic.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Set the language selectively at the time of sending Email Invitations via Teams.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):Microsoft Teams における招待メールの言語について

Set the language selectively at the time of sending Email Invitations via Teams.
    ■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams において、招待メールの言語のみを任意に変更出来る機能の追加を希望いたします。

For ease of management, we are hoping the functional improvement that can selectively change/set the language to be notified at the time of sending Email Invitations to users via Microsoft Teams.

Thank you for your continued support.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 60 61
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.