Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatic Mute Notifications When On Video or Audio Call

Automatically mute all Teams notifications when on a video or audio conference call. Mute all notifications that are outside the conference call itself.

892 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

81 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams pop-up notifications no longer display on top of (fullscreen) applications

Since a recent change in Teams notifications no longer display on top when working in fullscreen mode. Most collegues work with a Remote Desktop client. Teams they run in the background on their local machine.
    When you would receive a message or a call Teams would pop-up a notification on top of the RD-client. Since a recent update this no longer happens. You have to minimize te RD-client and other applications that run on your local machine, because they all show on top of the Notification.

I think this is caused by an update where Teams notifications now are using…

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Turn off chat notifications for current meeting

Turn off notifications for meeting chat for the current meeting.

When I'm in a meeting I still get notifications for the chat of the current meeting, even when I have the meeting chat open on the right side.

130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. sound notification

The sound you updated to during the week of March 6 is HORRIBLE. Please give us an option to change sounds for chat notifications the same way we can change sounds for the phone calls

423 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Unable to manage inactive time before away status appears!

To be able to adjust time before away status appears!

122 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Suppress Meeting Notification Until Meeting Start Time

Often, someone joins a meeting a few minutes early causing notifications on every other user to immediately join. This causes meetings to actually start earlier than scheduled due to everyone showing up due to the notification. As well, once the 'meeting started' notification goes away, a new notification does not fire at the actual start time of the meeting which can cause someone to end up being late if they can't be early (another meeting for example).

Ask: Have a toggle/setting to have meeting notifications fire at meeting start time vs. first meeting participant. Alternatively, have all notifications fire at…

117 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Route chat banner notification to pop-out chat window

When a user clicks on the chat banner notification, the chat automatically opens in the main Teams app - even if the user already has that chat open as a pop-out. This is disruptive to work that may be actively ongoing in Teams and defeats the purpose of having a pop-out chat window. When a pop-out chat is open and the user clicks a chat banner notification occurs related to that chat, the user should be routed to the pop-out window, NOT the main Teams app

122 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Notification sound

Please add the option to change the notification sound, and cloud be better to have different notification sound for chat notification and team notification

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. secondary ringer for messages, not just calls

Teams needs a secondary ringer for chats and channel posts too, not just calls. In this age of video conferencing most of us have a headset permanently connected to our PC. I find that people are missing chats and channel posts way more often than with Skype because the alert only plays into the headset, not the PC speaker and the toast pop is too brief to get noticed.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Change notification sound

I would like to be able to change the default notification sound for when I receive chats. While working from home during the Coronavirus pandemic, both my partner and I use Teams for work. It's confusing and distracting that we both have the same notification sound.

127 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Raise hand more noticible

Make hand-raising more obvious. Maybe highlight video of the person who raises their hands, or an external light that blinks when a hand is raised, or have a big blinking hand over the entire face of the person. A hand is easy to see when you are sitting in front of a computer, but when teaching, and only scanning the screen, the raised hand is easily missed.

An extra feature, have the ability to turn this feature off since not everyone uses this in a classroom.

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Customize notification sounds

I would like to turn on notification sound for calls only. Today, you can only turn notification sounds on or off for all functions.

134 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Teams icons design changes to reflect status ( for missed calls or upcoming meetings)

In today's busy and intensely connected times any early warnings or notifications help users keep on top of calls and meetings.

We believe that if the calls icon in Teams will reflect missed calls(by changing the color or the shape) users will find it easier to return the missed calls without having to click on calls and then click again on history.

The same can be done for the Calendar icon where it can change the shape in case you have upcoming meetings or you are late for a meeting(you don't always have Outlook open and may miss notifications)

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Notification Sounds

Please add different notification sounds, and a way to change those. Skype was wonderful with this. Please add a similar feature back to Teams.

171 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Notification sound: Sounds need to be much louder AND we need to be able to choose from several different sounds,

Notification sound: Sounds need to be much louder AND we need to be able to choose from several different sounds,

126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Be Right Back button #BRB

Be Right Back button #BRB

To enable participants to move away from screen to briefly deal with other issues during a larger group meeting.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Cross Organization Notifications

It would be great if I could receive notifications while I'm in a different organization in teams.

Say there are two organizations 'A' and 'B' while i'm in organization 'A' I won't receive any notifications from organization 'B'. This leads to me easily missing notifications.

154 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Separate Notification Sounds Settings for Call and Chat

Separate "Notification sounds" settings for call and chats where I would be able to set notification sound "off" for chats but "on" for (incoming) calls.

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Default Notifications in new channels to ON

When creating a new team or channel, default notifications to on.

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Teams Voice Mail Email Notifications Feature Request

When calling a user in Teams and leaving a voice mail, an email notification is sent to the user called. Have a few features to add to the notification email.

1. Currently the email has no company branding on it other than information about the user. I would be nice to add ability to insert company logo to provide some legitimacy to the email. The use of terms like "voicemail" and "VM" is commonly used in phishing emails. Employees are more likely to adopt something if it's branded properly.

2. There is no indication anywhere in the existing Voice Mail emails that…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 140 141
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base