Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatic Mute Notifications When On Video or Audio Call

Automatically mute all Teams notifications when on a video or audio conference call. Mute all notifications that are outside the conference call itself.

371 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

37 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. sound notification

The sound you updated to during the week of March 6 is HORRIBLE. Please give us an option to change sounds for chat notifications the same way we can change sounds for the phone calls

278 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unable to manage inactive time before away status appears!

To be able to adjust time before away status appears!

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Suppress Meeting Notification Until Meeting Start Time

Often, someone joins a meeting a few minutes early causing notifications on every other user to immediately join. This causes meetings to actually start earlier than scheduled due to everyone showing up due to the notification. As well, once the 'meeting started' notification goes away, a new notification does not fire at the actual start time of the meeting which can cause someone to end up being late if they can't be early (another meeting for example).

Ask: Have a toggle/setting to have meeting notifications fire at meeting start time vs. first meeting participant. Alternatively, have all notifications fire at…

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Route chat banner notification to pop-out chat window

When a user clicks on the chat banner notification, the chat automatically opens in the main Teams app - even if the user already has that chat open as a pop-out. This is disruptive to work that may be actively ongoing in Teams and defeats the purpose of having a pop-out chat window. When a pop-out chat is open and the user clicks a chat banner notification occurs related to that chat, the user should be routed to the pop-out window, NOT the main Teams app

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Notification sound: Sounds need to be much louder AND we need to be able to choose from several different sounds,

Notification sound: Sounds need to be much louder AND we need to be able to choose from several different sounds,

114 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Raise hand more noticible

Make hand-raising more obvious. Maybe highlight video of the person who raises their hands, or an external light that blinks when a hand is raised, or have a big blinking hand over the entire face of the person. A hand is easy to see when you are sitting in front of a computer, but when teaching, and only scanning the screen, the raised hand is easily missed.

An extra feature, have the ability to turn this feature off since not everyone uses this in a classroom.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Notification Sounds

Please add different notification sounds, and a way to change those. Skype was wonderful with this. Please add a similar feature back to Teams.

132 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Customize notification sounds

I would like to turn on notification sound for calls only. Today, you can only turn notification sounds on or off for all functions.

97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Option to mute notifications during calls/meetings

Audio notifications are proving to be somewhat distracting during meetings. I would love the option to automatically mute these notifications during calls and meetings

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Default Notifications in new channels to ON

When creating a new team or channel, default notifications to on.

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Change notification sound

I would like to be able to change the default notification sound for when I receive chats. While working from home during the Coronavirus pandemic, both my partner and I use Teams for work. It's confusing and distracting that we both have the same notification sound.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Separate Notification Sounds Settings for Call and Chat

Separate "Notification sounds" settings for call and chats where I would be able to set notification sound "off" for chats but "on" for (incoming) calls.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Channel Notifications should not be muted by default

Channel Notifications should not be muted by default. Currently, when I add a Team, the team members have to enable notifications for the general channel and all other channels. The main reason to have this app is to be notified. Why mute notifications by default???

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Cross Organization Notifications

It would be great if I could receive notifications while I'm in a different organization in teams.

Say there are two organizations 'A' and 'B' while i'm in organization 'A' I won't receive any notifications from organization 'B'. This leads to me easily missing notifications.

93 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Notification sound

Please add the option to change the notification sound, and cloud be better to have different notification sound for chat notification and team notification

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Assignment Notifications

Send notifications when something is turned in to an assignment. Allow sorting of assignments by last name as well as turned in or not. Also do not allow students to submit nothing. We have many blank assignments.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. pop-up chat

When you open an individual chat into a pop-up chat window, it would be nice to have the pop-up chat window have it's own badge indicating there are new messages related to the chat. Currently, if the notifications are missed, the entire Teams app blinks orange and not the individual pop-up chat window. A differentiating indicator would be helpful.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enable notifications for all banners no matter which banner you are in

We use Teams within our own company, but also as guests within Teams from other organizations that we support. We currently do not receive any real time notifications for banners that we are not currently 'in'. We do not want to get emails for the things we have missed for other banners every time. Please enable mobile and PC alerts for ALL banners you are part of no matter which one you are currently in.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow user to centrally manage their notification settings for teams and channels

Provide an option to manage notification settings for all teams and channels in a single place.

Presently, if I want to change notification settings, I must visit each and every team and channel to change those notification settings.

Providing a list view with teams and channels and columns for the various settings would allow an easy way for a user to both see their notification settings, but to manage them in a quick and efficient manner

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 111 112
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base