Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatic Mute Notifications When On Video or Audio Call

Automatically mute all Teams notifications when on a video or audio conference call. Mute all notifications that are outside the conference call itself.

1,779 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

199 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Customize Sound Notification

The sound you updated to during the week of March 6 is HORRIBLE. Please give us an option to change sounds for chat notifications the same way we can change sounds for the phone calls

1,151 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

148 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Suppress Meeting Notification Until Meeting Start Time

Often, someone joins a meeting a few minutes early causing notifications on every other user to immediately join. This causes meetings to actually start earlier than scheduled due to everyone showing up due to the notification. As well, once the 'meeting started' notification goes away, a new notification does not fire at the actual start time of the meeting which can cause someone to end up being late if they can't be early (another meeting for example).

Ask: Have a toggle/setting to have meeting notifications fire at meeting start time vs. first meeting participant. Alternatively, have all notifications fire at…

253 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. secondary ringer for messages, not just calls

Teams needs a secondary ringer for chats and channel posts too, not just calls. In this age of video conferencing most of us have a headset permanently connected to our PC. I find that people are missing chats and channel posts way more often than with Skype because the alert only plays into the headset, not the PC speaker and the toast pop is too brief to get noticed.

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Notify Screen Presenters of Raised Hands from Participants During Meetings

In a meeting, when a participant raises their hand, alert the screen presenter with either a more apparent display notification such as a push notification, a unique sound notification (distinguished from chat notification sound), or both. Ideally this feature could be customized to the user's preference, allowing them to choose between the options listed above.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please add one message to the popup from the Help menu.

Customer administrators will disable some new features in advance.
    However, the notification of the new feature automatically pops up from the Help menu. This confuses the users because it pops up even though the feature is disabled.
    お客様管理者は事前に一部の新機能を無効化しますが、無効にも関わらず、Helpから新機能のポップアップ通知がされてしまうため、ユーザーが混乱します。

Please add the following message to the popup to prevent user confusion.
    ユーザーの混乱を防ぐため、次のメッセージをポップアップに追加いただけますでしょうか。

Japanese
    ※企業管理者にて利用が制御されている場合があります

English (For example)
    These new features may be under the control of your company's administrators.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Right-click option to see what rules / settings apply to each notification

I am a member of a lot of teams and I get overloaded with notifications, especially activity notifications. I've tried to adjust my settings to optimize them, but sometimes it's difficult to figure out when it's a specific team / channel setting or if it's a Microsoft Teams setting that controls a specific notification. My idea is to provide a list for each notification via right-click menu of all settings / rules that apply to the notification. That way we know which rules / settings we need to change to disable or adjust specific notifications.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Route chat banner notification to pop-out chat window

When a user clicks on the chat banner notification, the chat automatically opens in the main Teams app - even if the user already has that chat open as a pop-out. This is disruptive to work that may be actively ongoing in Teams and defeats the purpose of having a pop-out chat window. When a pop-out chat is open and the user clicks a chat banner notification occurs related to that chat, the user should be routed to the pop-out window, NOT the main Teams app

179 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Be Right Back button #BRB

Be Right Back button #BRB

To enable participants to move away from screen to briefly deal with other issues during a larger group meeting.

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Extend Mac Native Notifications to Calls and Meetings

I don't understand how the original request got closed with a half-way implemented solution. Native chat notifications are great, but we need call and meeting notifications to be native as well. I am so sick of hitting the play button on my keyboard and the Teams ringtone starts playing. And I still can't see who is calling or click the ignore button on calls because they're behind other native notifications that I need to keep on my screen.

PLEASE!!! make this happen without us having to wait another 5 years.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Teams Voice Mail Email Notifications Feature Request

When calling a user in Teams and leaving a voice mail, an email notification is sent to the user called. Have a few features to add to the notification email.

1. Currently the email has no company branding on it other than information about the user. I would be nice to add ability to insert company logo to provide some legitimacy to the email. The use of terms like "voicemail" and "VM" is commonly used in phishing emails. Employees are more likely to adopt something if it's branded properly.

2. There is no indication anywhere in the existing Voice Mail emails that…

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Raise hand: make visible in presentation mode.

hello!

I am having a hard time seeing if anyone raised their hand in the meeting where I am presenting/sharing the screen.

If there would be a visual indication on the shared screen or in the small call window to indicate that somebody is trying to make a comment or ask a question by raising their hand it would make things more helpful.

Thanks in advance!

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Separate notification sound control from the incoming call ring.

Separate option to turn off the notification ping sound for messages.

Currently the option to disable sound on Teams is combined for incoming calls and notifications.

The notification ping is annoying as some people send several single line messages one after the other, instead of a single paragraph. If I turn the sound off to stop this I loose the sound for incoming calls.

Please can you separate the notification sound option from the incoming call, so notification sounds can be muted without loosing the incoming call ring?

Thank you.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Cross Organization Notifications

It would be great if I could receive notifications while I'm in a different organization in teams.

Say there are two organizations 'A' and 'B' while i'm in organization 'A' I won't receive any notifications from organization 'B'. This leads to me easily missing notifications.

258 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. provide more granular control for Sound in Notifications

Currently, control of Sound for notifications in Teams is a single on/off switch for "incoming calls and notifications".

Please make this more granular to allow sound notifications specifically for
    * Incoming calls
    * Mentions
    * Team chat message
    * Meeting invites etc.

Today, I'm getting audio-DOS'ed as a result of a conversation between two Team members in a Team chat that I'm a member of but not needing to be involved in today.

As such, I've had to switch of all audio notifications in order to be able to concentrate on my own tasks. However, this means that incoming calls…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Teams icons design changes to reflect status ( for missed calls or upcoming meetings)

In today's busy and intensely connected times any early warnings or notifications help users keep on top of calls and meetings.

We believe that if the calls icon in Teams will reflect missed calls(by changing the color or the shape) users will find it easier to return the missed calls without having to click on calls and then click again on history.

The same can be done for the Calendar icon where it can change the shape in case you have upcoming meetings or you are late for a meeting(you don't always have Outlook open and may miss notifications)

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ring Timer

It would be great if Microsoft would adapt some industry norms in terms of call ringing. In the majority of commercial voice solutions timing is much more incremental.

Teams voice should update the ring timers for users and queues to either be by ring count or allow a greater and more granular selection range than 15 second increments.

In the us a ring is 6 seconds. So MSFT forces us to use 2.5, 5, 7.5 or greater rings per cycle. Typically people prefer 18-24 seconds and we are finding the 15 seconds very off putting for most customers. Please see…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make Read Notifications Disappear

Instead of providing a new method for delivering useless notifications (Windows native), you should better change the behaviour so notifications for messages/activites that have long been read ("acknowledged") in the Teams client don't stay active and just run into a timeout. Now, just with a single group chat, notifications either stack up over the whole screen (native style) or get heavily delayed quickly (Windows style). Changing the behaviour just seems pure logic to me.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Spotlight - Possibility to disable confirmation of spotlight.

It's annoying to confirm any spotlight during a video chat with many users and a fast conversation. Please make it possible to deactivate the confirmation of spotlight-changes.

The notification on the top border isn't disturbing.

Regards,
    Jan

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make Teams notifications actionable from the Windows Action Center

Notifications can now consistently be pushed to the Windows Action Center. Those notifications are merely messages which require returning to Teams for action. Enable simple action directly from the Action Center notification. For meeting notifications allow to 'Join Online'. When tracking availability of a contact allow to stop following.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 163 164
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base