Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by me (Suphatra) and I’m a real person, not a robot. I work on the Teams team and sit in engineering, and its my job to represent your voice in the design and development of this product.

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which I check religiously!

Thanks everyone for supporting Teams. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely,
Suphatra

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve Install options - Install for all users and install location

Raising this again as Microsoft closed the previous request, saying it was complete even though it was not. (link below)

Teams should install to the program files directory, not the users AppData.

And NO, the answer is not to put a copy of the MSI in Pogram Files and deploy to the users AppData when they login.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17380159-improve-install-options-install-for-all-users-an

159 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

29 comments  ·  Admin Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Block change picture

In Skype for Business we were able to prevent users from uploading pictures for their avatar. This was done from a PowerShell script that modified the OWA policy. We should have the same option with Teams. Hopefully in UI instead of PS.

503 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

101 comments  ·  Admin Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Reporting Capabilities

We are after reporting capabilities to capture granular detail on activity within Teams.

We would like to have data capturing:
        1. Number of users enabled
        2. Number of daily active unique users
        3. Breakdown of devices uniquely used
        4. Number of teams created
        5. Number of teams deleted
        6. How many instant messages sent overall in the Chat
        7. How many calls made in Teams
        8. Number of files shared in channels
        9. How many combined ‘likes’ have been made over a period of time

1,012 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

98 comments  ·  Admin Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you so much for your support of the product. This request was particularly helpful and we appreciate your engagement in the surveys, comments and forum to help us design this feature. Please continue to submit ideas!

For this item, we’re making great progress. It has now entered TAP validation with a small group of tenants. Will let you know how that goes!

-Suphatra

• archive

I would like to be able to archive channels within a team. Right now i can just archive the whole team

41 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Admin Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Default Tab for Channels (Not Conversation)

Allow Admins to set a Default Tab when users open a Channel.

98 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Admin Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Usage stats per team

We need to be able to see usage stats per team in admin center. Current stats show usage per user. This tells us very little as a user can be a member of multiple teams. Business area owner and rollout/adoption managers want to be able to select a team and see how much activity per week/month etc. In our case, this is the only metric that they're interested in.

109 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Admin Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Outbound Number Manipulations per PSTN Device

In skype for business server, we had the ability to write "Called Number Translation Rules" and "Calling Number Translation Rules" for each PSTN gateway.

There is no functionality to do this in Teams, so for each SBC I need to translate the powerful regex and translation statements that were available in Skype Server into the SBC.

I feel this is a huge functional oversight.

12 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Entierprise Deployment .MSI That Installs Into C:\Program Files

Build an MSI that will install the Teams application into "C:\Program Files". Then any user that logs onto the computer can go to Start > Search for Teams > Launch Teams > Sign in to their account > Then Teams Builds the appropriate App Data folder for them.

This would be great for Enterprise Deployment. Some Enterprise project groups consist of 15-20+ people, and having an enterprise deployment solution would help speed up Microsoft Teams adoption.

9 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Admin Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Hide email addresses for users

I want to limit my employees ability to communicate with each to conversation solely available within the teams they are added too. While I have disabled the "Chat" option, each persons email address is displayed when you click on there username in a conversation. Is there away to hide users emails so they are not visible?

Background: All employees we have are remote, working in different states, making different wages, having different work loads, etc. I would prefer to limit there communication that may range on a variety of non work related topics that could potentially cause problems.

17 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Chat history to be shown to a new group chat member

For Microsoft Teams chat, when you add a new member into group chat which has three or more members, the new member can view the history chat. However, when you add other person into the existed one on one private chat, the newest member cannot view the chat history.
                      I would strongly request that a private chat to show the Conversation history to the newest member.

4 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Link Teams to existing SharePoint site

At our office we're using Teams for parts of our Project execution, we use it to communicate, collect information, share files, compare notes, create a wiki, etc.

At the same time we have Project Online, with a registration of the same projects. We use that for our deliverables, time- and projectmanagement. But also for information gathering (as we do in Teams).

How awsome would it be when I integrate some of the Teams features into the corresponding Project site. And Share the library, and the OneNote.

Now we use two libraries (one for Teams and one for Project) and we…

21 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Remove character limit in Teams

"You must shorten you response to post it"

I'm trying to paste copy from an email. It's only like 200 words max.

5 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add Option to disable Store Function

This is related to the below Option.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/18585292-ability-to-disable-some-tab-app-tiles

Have received several requests from companys requesting that they need to limit what apps the user can add to a team.

Admins should have the ability to not only limit what tabs/apps the users see but also disable the Store feature completely.

51 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Admin Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Teams Service Admin search, view, and edit all Teams in Admin Center

I finally see the Teams widget in my Teams Admin Center but when I search for a team it sometimes retrieves no records - even when I've quadruple checked that I have the Team/Group name exactly right.

1. Search for Teams should be a "contains" search, not a "starts with" search (that is insane, you can't expect Admins to know the exact name of a given group they are looking for)

2. When I do get search results, I can only access teams I am a member of. So I can't do any admin tasks on teams where I'm not…

5 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Stop preload of users and teams in search in Admin Center, load only after active search action

In the Teams Admin Center when you select either the Teams or the Users widgets you see a table of results as from a query. The records load before you search so you sit and wait for them to load. Then if you start typing in the search the results refresh while you type so you spend a lot of time waiting for load when you may not even want to see those records.

Instead, initiate the load of records after the users clicks the Search action or presses Enter. This would speed up my life so much.

5 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Change the setting of the Limits in Microsoft Teams

I am requesting the feature improvement that enables the below changes with team creation in Microsoft Teams:

・The setting of the maximum number of teams that per user can create. I would like to change the maximum limit (250) to smaller value.

・The minimum number of members for a teams. I would like to control the team creation that user cannot create a team unless adding specified number of members.

・The minimum number of teams’ owner. I would like to control the team creation that user cannot create a team unless specifying the exact number of owners.

4 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Teams Usage Reporting

• The Options for usage date are restrictive giving only fixed date ranges of 7,30,180 or 365 days. It would be much better if a variable date range could be applied?

• We have a team of around 14 people, at the moment to see data for those people, the data has to be exported for all users and then filtered down in an external application such as Excel. It would be much better to be able to report on a specific ‘team’ only.

• Also it would be useful do be able to access reporting outside of the Admin…

4 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Channel moderators and owners can delete unwanted conversation traffic on a channel

As a channel owner, it would be very useful to be able to delete unwanted conversation traffic from a channel and to designate one or moderators to be able to manage conversation traffic - approve posts or remove unwanted posts

45 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Admin Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • teams admin center user search limit displayed items

The displayed Items in Teams Admin Center User Search needs to be limitied like S4B User search...

i've got a tenant with 100.000 Users and Searching or even only displaying users in teams admin center is catastrophically slow as the admin center loads all users in the list!

the active search is slow too because also every user is filtered

3 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Date format display

Allow me to change the format of the way the date is displayed when looking at the document access history. The date format seems to be in US style, with month first. I want to see day first

46 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Admin Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base