Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow the central administration of Teams

Currently an Admin cannot use the Admin app to centrally administer Groups, Planners and Teams. This creates a number of risks for an organisation: 1) unable to manage ownership; 2) unable to manage storage; 3) unable to manage information life cycles. Just to name a few. From a security and compliance point of view a central admin function is highly recommended.

479 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

46 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  Suphatra responded

Hey everyone — Suphatra’s back! And I’m on the case with this item.

I talked to engineering and I think they don’t understand this request. The requests says “Admin App” — do you mean Admin Center? The O365 portal?

Also, what exactly do you envision for central administration — for example — what can you do now, can’t do, and would like to do with this new feature.

Your feedback will help me get the team to put more resources into this. Thank you!

Suphatra

2. Members Can Add New Members Through SharePoint

There is a permission security hole. Members can add other members to a Team by using the SharePoint online interface and editing the group membership. Only Owners should be able to add new members. There is also no log of this in the general channel

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi Patrick,

For public teams, this is a feature. That makes it easier for IT admins to create teams.

However, for private teams, this is not possible. Can you please see if the team you’re looking at is private or public?

Thanks,
    Suphatra

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base