Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Don't minimise Teams when screen sharing a different screen (multi-screen setup)

Currently when you share a screen the primary Microsoft Teams window is minimised (down into the dock on Macs). When this occurs you can no longer see the video feeds of the meeting participants, chats, virtual whiteboard, etc.

I have a 3-screen setup. When I share a screen that the primary Microsoft Teams window is not present on the application should not automatically minimise the primary Microsoft Teams window.

Presumably minimising the window was seen as a usability enhancement or to avoid sharing the video feed as part of the screen share, however for multi-screen environments this is unnecessary.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notifications on Mac should use the MacOS system notifications

I am sure this is not the first time that you hear about this request..

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Sharing In-Built Audio on Mac OS

Hi Teams,

I am Music teacher using teams on Mac OS and can't share my in-built Audio with pupils which a real problem when remotely teaching GCSE and A Level lessons - can you please add a feature to enable me to do this.

Tim

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make use of Mac Touch Bar for mute/unmute and other meeting actions

Teams should allow the use of the Mac Touch Bar to do functions such as mute/unmute, leave meeting, show participants and so forth.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Regarding the User Experience on Teams

To the Microsoft Teams development team,

Thank you for taking the time to read through these suggestions, and I am glad to be able to post my thoughts here in order to help create a better user experience. As a student, my experience using Microsoft Teams (specifically for Mac) has been mostly good. The app is very stable, and it runs well without using too much power. The functionality of having multiple office apps built in, with smooth integration with my One Drive makes using a single app for all my tasks a breeze.

However, I do have a few…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Mac Teams Helper: Takes up too much CPU and makes app almost unusable

I can't use teams with out it lagging severely. When I go and look at the processes running, It always looks like the 'helper' is taking up crazy amounts of CPU and it lags out the application to the point of it almost being unusable.

I've tried closing the application, rebooting, re-installing, checking for updates, etc.. nothing works.

I'm on macOS Mojave 10.14.2

1,167 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

341 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have rolled out a fix for improving Mac performance while in a meeting. This should help with heating and perf issue on Macs.

Please update your client (Settings→check for updates). Let us know your feedback. There are other performance improvements we are working in parallel, we will share updates as soon as they are available.

7. Teams Meeting Causes My New MacBook Pro to Overheat

Only when I use Teams Meeting (not Live Event), my Macbook Pro runs very hot and forces the internal fans to run at maximum. This happens whether I'm connected with 1 other person or many. The only way to fix this is to minimize the window and I get a thumbnail size image of just the active speaker. Then, the Macbook stays cools and the fans run minimally. This just started happening with the latest major update of Teams. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but the problem persists. My Macbook is dual boot, so I'm able to check…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow AirPods to mute/un-mute the audio

AirPods allow you to start/stop audio by clicking on the base of the airpod. It would be nice for Teams to consume this signal and allow the audio to be muted/un-muted.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. macOS notification center

It would be extremely helpful if Microsoft Teams would integrate with macOS Catalina's Notification Center. Currently, Teams only provides a small pop up notification and if you are using 2 or more displays, you can easily miss these notifications.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. iPad share

when doing MS team Meeting with the iMac or macbook, the participant would be able to share screen of the apps on their iPad or even use the whiteboard function on the iPad.
    the current MS teams on mac or even windows platform does not allow for such function.
    it's either we start our MS team meeting on an iPad to show the apps.. OR use the MS teams on the mac but limited to the share function it's integrated with.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable sharing system sounds during screen sharing for iOS

When using an iPad and screen sharing, system sounds isn’t available. We have to have a team member on windows share the video.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bring Microsoft Teams to the Mac App Store

I use Microsoft Teams every day to stay in touch with everyone.
    Microsoft Teams works great on a Mac.

I would like it if Microsoft Teams could be found in the Mac App Store, just like Microsoft 365.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. support for sharing MacOS full screen apps in other Spaces (virtual screens/desktops)

Most Mac users work with fullscreen apps when they are serious to focus on something. A full screen app gets it's own Space. When using MS With Teams functionality as is, you can only share non-fullscreen windows that are on the first Space (Desktop 1) or share all of Desktop 1. When I work with MS Teams, I have to fiddle with my windows to make it work. Sometimes, I'll have the window shared, but then click to make it full screen which drops it from the share. In either case this cases meeting delays.

Instead I'd like to share…

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Have gallery view option in web browser

Add a gallery view for users on web browsers.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Camera settings to control properties like brightness, contrast and gamma

Due to different ambient light situations, it would be great to control the camera in terms of common properties like brightness, contrast and gamma to improve image quality

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Selecting Contact Group as attendee for a Team Meeting

Team Meetings does not allow to send meeting invite to a contact group. I have about 120 members and have to schedule meetings every day under different channels for separate set of people from this 120. Grouping the contact is of No help as Teams meeting does not allow to select contact group.
    Copy pasting the member list also does not work.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. macOS: Synchronize Teams status with native Do Not Disturb status

If my Teams status is Do Not Disturb then that should toggle my macOS Do Not Disturb. Therefore, when I'm presenting my screen and Teams automatically change my status to Presenting/Do Not Disturb then all of my notifications are suppressed.

This corresponds with the request to move Teams notifications into the native macOS notifications to further integrate with Mac's Do Not Disturb features:

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16941685-integrate-with-macos-notifications

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Notifications are blank on MacOS

On macOS Catalina Teams notifications show up as a blank white rectangle and video freezes until you mouse-over the notification.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Por favor incluyan la función de "compartir audio" en Teams para Mac.

Por favor incluyan la función de "compartir audio" en Teams para Mac. Es muy importante para mí y para mis estudiantes. Y lamentablemente en las condiciones actuales no puedo cambiar de dispositivo.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Turn on MacOS Do Not Disturb during calls

It would be great if Do Not Disturb was automatically enabled when on a team call/meeting to minimize other interruptions.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base