Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Follow us on Twitter: Official announcements come from our @MicrosoftTeams Twitter handle and often reference our blog at https://TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://M365Roadmap

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mac Teams Helper: Takes up too much CPU and makes app almost unusable

I can't use teams with out it lagging severely. When I go and look at the processes running, It always looks like the 'helper' is taking up crazy amounts of CPU and it lags out the application to the point of it almost being unusable.

I've tried closing the application, rebooting, re-installing, checking for updates, etc.. nothing works.

I'm on macOS Mojave 10.14.2

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Copy Image" in Teams doesn't work.

When someone posts an image in a Teams channel, I right-click the image and click Copy Image.

When I paste into a word document, it's a blank white box.
    When I paste into the macOS Messages app, nothing happens.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teams does not respect "Do Not Disturb" on MacOS.

When I set my Mac to "DO NOT DISTURB" Teams still pops up notifications. This is really annoying when I'm sharing my screen in a meeting.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. OSX client updates - app quits multiple times a day

It seems whenever the OSX client updates, we get a “An update is ready to install. Microsoft Teams is trying to add a new helper tool.” authentication request, then the app quits. Or sometime the app just quits on it’s own without any notification. When it launches again, the “loading” box then sometimes doesn’t disappear. I really want to roll this out for our teams to start playing with, but having the app quit on us ~10 times a day without notification makes it unusable.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  Warren responded

Please email me your logs so I can have the development team investigate.

You can generate logs by using the shortcut CRTL+ALT+SHIFT+1

This will generate a txt file in your Downloads folder starting with the name “MSTeams Diagnostics Log……………”.

Please email the logs to: TEAMSML@microsoft.com and use the Subject line of “OSX client – App Quits”

Thank you!
    -Warren

5. macOS teams client needs to support Conditional Access where we can block fat client but allow web only Teams

Teams for MacOS client needs to support Conditional Access where we can block fat client but allow web only Teams access. Organizations that decide to block all local data due to industry regulations and compliance need this and often the executives are the most popular group to use MacOS devices

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. some 1:1 private chat history will not show and some are not

I am trying to use teams but some 1:1 chat history disappear and some are not. Anything I should configure?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. How can I transfer Apple mail EML files to Outlook MSG files?

I was trying to convert EML files to MSG files. And want to migrate data quickly?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. need a way to paste Teams link from email, into desktop Teams

need a way to paste Teams link from email, into desktop Teams

If on a Mac and you click a link in Outlook, it takes you to the website....then it tells you "coming soon!"

please give me a place to paste that link right into desktop Teams.

this seems like the first thing you should have done....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It would be great if you could have a setting to let the icon bounce when there is a notification.

It would be great if you could have a setting to let the icon bounce when there is a notification.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Incorrect Time zone when I create a teams meetings in outlook for mac.

Incorrect Time zone when I create a teams meetings in outlook for mac.
    My Mac OS/Outlook/Teams Time zone has been setting in Taipei (UTC+08:00),but when I creat a new meeting in Microsoft Teams,It will always show in UTC-06:00,How can I change the default setting?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Need prompt before updating on MAC

Every time there is an update for the desktop client (at least on Mac) the client updates automatically without prompting the user, which always seems to invalidate the session. There should be an option to prompt the user before the client is updated. (similar to how VS Code does it, perhaps)

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  Warren responded

This item is being reviewed by the feature team. No timeline is available yet.

-Warren

12. Bundle identifier ID of MS Teams for Chrome on MAC

When trying to set the MS Teams app as default handler for opening and calling of tel-Links on Chrome for MAC, then as default is set the app Microsoft Teams Helper, instead of MS Teams, because both applications have the same bundle identifier ID: com.microsoft.teams.
    Microsoft Teams Helper should have another bundle identifier ID, so that it is different from MS Teams, so that Chrome can connect correctly to MS Teams.
    Please check the attachment for comparison.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Don't quit the Mac client when the user closes the Window

Every time the MacOS client window is closed, the app quits so Notifications are missed - I've never seen this problem in ANY native chat app.

This is a Major usability problem due to missed notifications and untimely responses - we now typically use SMS on our phones as Teams notification are so unreliable, but that's really painful.

This is one of the most basic, standard Mac OS behaviors from from almost the creation of MacOS.

On March 16, 2017 there is a post in UserVoice that claims this issue was resolved and the issue was marked closed.
    The post…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add to Mac Share Menu

I'd love to be able to have Teams in the Share Menu from different apps. Instead of having to copy and paste a link

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. File downlaod does not work

Using Teams client on iMac. Somthimes file download does not work. Have to restart the app, and then its ok.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Alias for contact

I can give my contact in Jabber a different display name that is easier for me to remember. But I couldn't do the same thing in Microsoft Team. I'd like to see this functionality added.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Outlook for Mac doesn't receive any Teams Channel meeting neither in email nor in the Outlook for Mac's Calendar. It works for Window though

Most of our organisation users are on MAC. We have started a global team collaboration project using Teams Channels. Scheduling meetings in the Channels for MAC users are not user friendly. None of my Channel members get any notifications for the Teams Channel Meeting, nothing pop up in their calendars. They have to firstly log in the Teams and find out that meeting then manually Add to Calendar to allow the meeting to be shown and reminded!

This is too manual and not user friendly at all.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. add external team members

Currently you can't add external team members to Teams on a Mac.....of if you can it is so unintuitive that I can't find it. Please make it easy to add external people into your team.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. scope a search to the current chat

Searching in teams is useful but it would be nice to be able to limit what actually gets searched.

I often find myself needing to scope my search to just a single chat. i.e. "I know <thing-i'm-looking-for> has been typed in the current chat, go and find it"

Please could you add this capability? i.e. Specify the scope of a search to just be the current chat.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. iWork document compatibility

Unless I'm missing something, I can't upload iWork (Pages, Numbers, Keynote) files into Teams. The upload process reveals the contents of the container, rather than presenting the file itself. e.g. My Cool Presentation becomes a bunch of independent files,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base