Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Scheduling a meeting (with Teams link) from another's agenda (not my own agenda)

Scheduling a meeting (with Teams link) from another's agenda (not my own agenda). Now that is not possible in Outlook. This takes extra time and work. I am bothered by chats from meetings I do not participate in. This is because I now copy the link from my own calender and paste it to someone else's calender.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

22 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Attachments to Team Meeting Invitations

The ability to include attachments when scheduling meetings within the Teams app would be useful.

724 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

135 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to remove a TEAMS meeting from an Outlook invite without cancelling entire invite.

Currently there is no way to remove a TEAMS meeting from the Outlook invite without cancelling the entire invite. Deleting the join info is not a solution as it still shows as a TEAMS meeting within the TEAMS client which leads to confusion.

We would like the ability to remove scheduled TEAMS meetings without cancelling the entire Outlook invite so we do not have to reschedule the entire thing if there is a change.

1,396 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

172 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Assignments - Choosing Channels for Students & Across Teams

Please enable assignments to be posted across teams to specific channels other than general channel.

Additionally, when work is assigned to specific pupils/students enable the ability to choose a channel other than general.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. break out rooms with pre-designated people before the meeting

For our workshops we need to establish the sub-groups upfront the meeting. It is too time consuming to do it during the meeting and every day of the workshop. The best way for us would be to have this option already in the main meeting invitation, including the option to invite for a periodical meeting with this sub-groups pre-designated.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Carryover meeting notes (from meeting chat) to follow up meetings

I use the "meeting notes" section in a meeting chat to capture notes for my meetings. Often times I need to schedule a follow up meeting to continue the conversation.

If the meeting is originally booked as a recurring meeting, then the subsequent meeting will retain the original chat history and therefore the original meeting notes.

However, if the meeting is booked as an independent meeting (even with the same attendees and subject line) is is seen by Microsoft Teams as a separate meeting and not linked to the original chat and meeting notes.

I can reschedule the original meeting…

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Schedule the time where posts are open and closed

At the moment teachers have to open and close the posts every time they want to turn them on/off. Could this be set up so that the teacher schedules the timings where posts are open and closed e.g. 09:00 to 16:00 Monday to Friday? This would stop teachers from having to remember to open/close the posts each day.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Display of the “Add required attendees” field on Teams meeting plans

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams 会議予約の [必須出席者を追加] 欄の表示について
    Display of the “Add required attendees” field on Teams meeting plans

■Description(内容):
    会議予約の [必須出席者を追加] 欄に "リソース メールボックス" を入力しても既定では検索候補として表示されない。
    初回時は、入力完了後に対象の "リソース メールボックス" が名前解決され、次回以降はメールアドレスまたは表示名などを入力することにより候補として表示されます。
    "リソース メールボックス" に関しても、出席者のユーザーと同様に会議予約の [必須出席者を追加] 欄に入力した際は既定で検索候補として表示されるよう機能の実装を希望します。

Even if “Resource mailbox” is entered into the “Add required attendees” field when planning a Teams meeting, no search candidates are returned by default.
    The first time, the target "Resource mailbox" will be name resolved after the input is completed, and from the next time onward, it will be displayed as a candidate by entering the email address or display name.

As for "Resource…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 組織内の他の人の予定表を確認したい

組織内の他の人の予定表を確認したい
    I want to check the calendar of people in my organization

Teamsのアプリから会議の予約を入力する際、他の人の予定をクイックリーに確認できず、不便に感じている。
    Outlookの予定表のように、他の人のカレンダーをクイックリーに表示できる機能を追加してほしい。

When I enter a meeting reservation from the Teams app, I can't quickly check other people's appointments, which makes it inconvenient.
    I would like you to add a function that allows you to quickly view other people's calendars, like an Outlook calendar.

Thank you for your consideration.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Remove Change PIN and Meeting Options link from invitation

Problem statement

When sending out a Teams invite, invited individuals will see the "Change PIN" and "Meeting Options" link in their calendar.

This is fine to show in the organizer's calendar and should not be visible for the invited attendees, since they anyways would not be able to change these parameters.

This behavior causes huge confusion and questions raised by customers and Senior Leadership around Security of the MS Teams product.

Solution to be achieved

Competitor solutions act smarter, by sending a slightly different invitation.
    Attendees will only see details relevant for them to join the Meeting.
    Host/organizer relevant information…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Copy and paste of participants for conference call invites

Copy a participants list (emails) from a previous call invite or from an email and paste it in a new conference call invite.
    When having a long list of people it comes handy to be able to copy and paste.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Pre-assign students to breakout rooms

Allow the teacher to preassign breakout rooms for their students. So when the student joins the class they can go directly into their rooms when the breakout rooms have already started and also allow the student to choose preassigned breakout rooms.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. RSVP-Answers from the team should notify the event-creator

At the moment, RSVPs answered to an invitation via teams are not getting anywhere. You have to check the details of the event to see, who answered and who is actually participating in the meeting. It would be very relevant to see, if somebody can not join the meeting so we can reschedule early enough.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Scheduling requests

Managers of groups are not able to receive a notification by email or other method when an agent requests time off.

The only option currently is to check in the shifts requests section numerous times per day to see if an employee has requested off.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Schedule a meeting with random days

It would be nice be able to schedule a meeting with random days. For example, I would like be able to schedule a meeting Monday, Tuesday and Friday.
    Currently I need to create two meetings to schedule within these days.
    Would be nice open the calendar and select the days to schedule.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Show your planner items/tasks on your calendar

Show your planner items/tasks on your calendar. With the "planner" app I create "tasks" for people to do. I write descriptions, a check-list, assign it to someone and create a due date. It would be AWESOME if those tasks showed up on the calendar tab!

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Generate URL for meeting from the mobile app!

To get a Teams meeting URL you only can get from a PC client or web.
    Make it possible to schedule a meeting from the Mobile App and generate a nice URL to share!
    In my org, not everyone on 365 so I need to send them a link via other apps.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. recurring live events

Make it possible to setup recurring live events in Teams Meetings.

Unlike a new meeting in Teams which you can repeat the schedule of, a "New Live Event (Preview)" cannot. Whilst it is then possible to setup a reoccurrence via Outlook Calendar of an existing live event, the duplicate meeting presents with an error "Microsoft teams does not support recurring live events. Contact the meeting organiser for help."

Members of a team want to hold a regular live event update without the hassle of setting up a meeting for each occurrence.

421 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Copy attendee names

Copying attendees from an old meeting into a new one or having a shortcut button to schedule a new meeting with the same group

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Additional Busy/In a call status information - "Free at ..." - on Contact card

When person's status was Busy, in Skype you could see directly on the Contact card when she/he will be available again (e.g.: Busy, free at 14.00). Will this be available also in MS Teams as it was really useful feature, not to check each time their calendar.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base