Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Scheduling a meeting (with Teams link) from another's agenda (not my own agenda)

Scheduling a meeting (with Teams link) from another's agenda (not my own agenda). Now that is not possible in Outlook. This takes extra time and work. I am bothered by chats from meetings I do not participate in. This is because I now copy the link from my own calender and paste it to someone else's calender.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

22 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. break out rooms with pre-designated people before the meeting

For our workshops we need to establish the sub-groups upfront the meeting. It is too time consuming to do it during the meeting and every day of the workshop. The best way for us would be to have this option already in the main meeting invitation, including the option to invite for a periodical meeting with this sub-groups pre-designated.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Countdown Timer / Stopwatch Feature

Microsoft Teams needs a countdown timer or stopwatch feature. This can be used in multiple different ways. It could be used as a point of reference to countdown to the start of a meeting, regulate the time people speak in a forum setting in a visible manner and have break times be visually measured in Teams.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to remove a TEAMS meeting from an Outlook invite without cancelling entire invite.

Currently there is no way to remove a TEAMS meeting from the Outlook invite without cancelling the entire invite. Deleting the join info is not a solution as it still shows as a TEAMS meeting within the TEAMS client which leads to confusion.

We would like the ability to remove scheduled TEAMS meetings without cancelling the entire Outlook invite so we do not have to reschedule the entire thing if there is a change.

1,829 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

221 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Attachments to Team Meeting Invitations

The ability to include attachments when scheduling meetings within the Teams app would be useful.

834 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

151 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Assignments - Choosing Channels for Students & Across Teams

Please enable assignments to be posted across teams to specific channels other than general channel.

Additionally, when work is assigned to specific pupils/students enable the ability to choose a channel other than general.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Update Teams Time Zone database more regularly

When creating a new meeting under the latest Windows Teams client (1.4.0.0.22427 (64-bit)), there is currently no '(UTC+2:00) Juba' timezone under the 'Time zone' dropdown.

This timezone has been part of Windows since March. The fact that it is not there also means that the Teams clients defaults to UTC - so chat messages etc have the incorrect time. Please arrange for the Microsoft Teams timezone file to receive regular updates along with Windows.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/daylight-saving-time-time-zone/2021-time-zone-updates-for-republic-of-south-sudan-now-available/ba-p/2234981

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Teams Webinar Schedule

We want to use Teams for Webinars, but currently there is no way to have a public facing schedule of all available webinars so that customers can self-select which webinar they would like to attend.

At the moment, the only way to do this is to manually send each customer the registration link to the individual webinar. When you are running 100 webinars a month for thousands of customers this isn't practical.

Teams needs to include an option whereby scheduled webinars can appear on a landing page where people can click to access the individual registration pages.

Example from our…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. time delay chat and announcements

Having the ability to send chat or announcements at a later preset time as per the delay delivery settings in Outlook

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Can Microsoft Teams Webinars generate a Google Calendar & Yahoo Calendar invitation alongside an ICS invitation?

Currently, when a Teams Webinar is created along with a registration form, the registrant is only provided an ICS calendar file that can be added to an Outlook calendar. There are people and organizations that use calendars by multiple email service providers. It would be convenient if Teams Webinars can also generate a Google Calendar and Yahoo calendar invitation that can be added. A competing service (Zoom) already does this for all it's meetings out of the box.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add holidays to the calendar

We would like to expand the ability for administrators and users to optionally add holidays to the calendar.
    By default, the calendar shows Monday through Friday, and holidays are unknown.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Live Event Policy scheduling audit log

In the auditing https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/audit-log-events#teams-activities, we have Teams activities including "Enables or disables the ability for team members to schedule private meetings", however, we don't have such activity for Live Event. So admins are not able to find out who did such activity in Teams Admin Center. Please help to add this as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Reschedule date for a webinar on the registration form automatically

We had a webinar that we rescheduled that included user registration. The date on the registration form does not automatically change when the event is rescheduled via outlook. You have to go back into the registration page configuration and update it manually. It would be great if a reschedule in outlook/teams of the meeting automatically updated the date and time for the session on the registration form.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. add a feature where we can add our preference for away statuses. Every day I have to select custom and then select the following day at 9am.

When adding an away status at the end of my shift, I have to select custom and then manually select the next day at 9AM. I work a later shift and If this could be saved, it would be one less task I have to worry about at the end of the day.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Agenda items and countdown visible in teams

Have the agenda item and a count down visible in Teams. All our Agendas have a start time, subject and duration so data already exists. A simple agenda MS form could capture this information and make it visible actually in teams. Add a pause button or start next item and you would definitely be onto a winner.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to clear status message after 30 minutes

It would be nice to have this extra time option added to clear status message automatically after half an hour because most people don't take hour long lunches. Some of us actually have to be back after half an hour and in some cases lunch breaks are not taken at exact times as detailed in the Custom list for every hour and half hour increments.

For example, I take my lunch at 11:45AM, I should have an option to clear status at 12:15 but since the first option says 1 hour, I have to "manually" clear my status message which…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow Assigning a Teams Meeting to a Channel After it's Already Been Scheduled

Sometimes when I use the Teams calendar to schedule a meeting I forget to assign it to the Team Channel I want the meeting to be under. The meeting is scheduled and all the participants receive the invite. Then I realize I forgot the channel assignment, go in to edit the meeting and the channel selection is no longer there. The only option is to cancel the meeting and schedule a new one. For the participants, that means an email cancelling the meeting, which is confusing, an email with the new meeting requiring them to respond again, and a separate…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. new feature FOCUSED ON, recognizing from MEETING

I would appreciate a NEW FEATURE, named e.g. FOCUSED ON, for creating a visual scheduled action - different from MEETING, with color which is in contrast to meetings violet, e.g. orage/green/up to MS development team.
    I organize all my day but I would like to be free for scheduling a meeting with my Boss, when I appear focused on some task that is not as important as the meeting, and I do want to appear available for chat or questions from colleagues and for meetings generally. Ideally I suggest having the option to change state, when Do not disturb blocks…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Carryover meeting notes (from meeting chat) to follow up meetings

I use the "meeting notes" section in a meeting chat to capture notes for my meetings. Often times I need to schedule a follow up meeting to continue the conversation.

If the meeting is originally booked as a recurring meeting, then the subsequent meeting will retain the original chat history and therefore the original meeting notes.

However, if the meeting is booked as an independent meeting (even with the same attendees and subject line) is is seen by Microsoft Teams as a separate meeting and not linked to the original chat and meeting notes.

I can reschedule the original meeting…

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base