Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New Meeting Experience should have Fullscreen

In the New Meeting Experience you don't have Fullscreen anymore. And "Focus" doesn't really cut the chase. Fullscreen between identical office monitors gives your the exact experience of the shared screen. The moment you have controls or window frames around it, fonts start to scale, small lines become blurry and so on. So please, add Fullscreen to the New Experience. It's not that hard. Every freakin' browser out there can do it, including Edge. And yes, I want it on F11 while your at it.

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Update Teams using the latest Electron/Chromium version

The current version of Electron used to compile Teams is VERY out of date and is using Chromium v69, while the production version of Electron currently is using v83.

Using older Chromium versions in environments that have security audits can cause problems since it has the potential to flag CVE's that are unpatched in older Chromium versions. Not to mention, newer versions have various bug fixes and performance enhancements.

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Offer a native Windows on ARM (ARM64) version.

It'd be great if Teams had an ARM64 native client for Windows on ARM. I just got a Surface Pro X and while Teams works fine as a 32bit x86 app in emulation, I have no doubt it'd really shine as a native ARM64 app.

257 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

75 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Popout chat should allow calling, video, and screen sharing like normal chat window

The popout chat window should allow calling, video, and screen sharing just like the normal full Teams client window. It is not efficient to have to go back to the Teams client and search for a person to be able to start a call, video, or screen share from someone you are chatting with in a popout window.

Thank you!

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Teams freezes if "Logitech Group" USB Conference Webcam is attached

Whenever I plug in the "Logitech Group" conference system (webcam/microphone, https://www.logitech.com/de-de/product/conferencecam-group) into my Macbook Pro (Catalina 10.15.3) via USB, MS teams freezes and I cannot start any call. Only unplugging fixes the freeze.

Basically I cannot use our video conferencing system with Teams, despite it being advertised as being compatible. Using other Apps on my Macbook to record videos works fine, so definitely a Teams problem.

Also discussed here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/usb-plug-of-the-quot-logitech-group-quot-will-cause-teams-to/m-p/1120205

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Reply chat : On mobile we can reply by each message but on Desktop app it's can't

In message chat sometime we need to reply on some message.

On mobile app have reply command but on desktop app have no this command

118 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to hide floating tool bar

Ability to hide the "floating tool bar" while we are seeing the screen shared by someone else

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Multiple windows on multiple monitors

Teams needs to support multiple monitors and the ability to have different windows of teams on different monitors. Like if I join a meeting or I'm on a call and someone is presenting, I want that on monitor 1, but I want the Teams main windows on monitor 2 so that I can still chat with someone else, or chat in a team channel. Skype has this ability and it works great

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Multiple applications sharing

Please let us share multiple applications from MS Teams rather than sharing only one application or only the entire desktop.

Also, give functionality to switch to another application while you are sharing without stoping screen share and resharing another application

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Reply feature on teams desktop

Its just question. Why on teams desktop version i cannot reply chat

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Secondary (Multiple) accounts support

I work for 3 companies as a consultant and each have their own teams account. I have no way to interact with all 3 at the same time on desktop. On android mobile I can but switching between accounts is stupid and tedious. Multiple account should just show merged content from multiple accounts with a visual direrantiatior between accounts on messages itself. Similar how Outlook handles multiple accounts via All mail folder.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Reply to specific message for desktop

I have both desktop and mobile Teams apps. I just noticed that you can reply to specific messages using the mobile app, but you can't do the same using the desktop app.

I hope the reply feature can be used for desktop. It will be very useful esp. if there are many collaborators in one chat group.

Thanks!

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Integrate with MS PowerToys FancyZones to share a zone instead of the whole screen

Screen sharing doesn't work well when the user who is sharing has a super ultra wide monitor (49") and the others have ordinary monitors. This forces the user to share applications instead of the screen and the user needs to stop and start sharing for each application switch. It would be great if the user could share a PowerToy FancyZone. Then the user could have a normal sized FancyZone and share it.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Teams Control Bar

Please allow the presenter to control the Teams Control Bar - where to place it, or when to hide it.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Reply function to messages in Desktop App

In the Teams Mobile version we get option to reply to each message in the chat. But this option is not available in Desktop App.
    Its weird that Mobile version has more feature than Desktop feature.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Volume controls needed

Volume is a major issue.
    1. Make a volume adjuster for the program and team meetings separate. Right now, Teams meeting starts at the max volume of the system sound and the volume adjuster adjusts the system sound.
    2. Make a volume adjustment for each person in the meeting, making them louder or lower.
    3. Make a way to lower or raise your own mic
    4. Make a push to talk button. IE press a button like a radio. Yes you have a mute button, but a bind key makes a lot more sense. This of course would be optional.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. in skype we have quote for message . i need that feature in microsoft teams . (meassage quote feature)

in skype we have quote for message . i need that feature in microsoft teams . (meassage quote feature)

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Change notification sound

notification customize sound

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Full screen mode is missing after the latest update

Full screen mode is missing after the latest update

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Virtual background

There should be a virtual background feature available for mobile and desktop

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 68 69
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base