Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Offer a native Windows on ARM (ARM64) version.

It'd be great if Teams had an ARM64 native client for Windows on ARM. I just got a Surface Pro X and while Teams works fine as a 32bit x86 app in emulation, I have no doubt it'd really shine as a native ARM64 app.

203 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remote control on linux

First of all I really thank you to create the Teams Linux client. What would be really useful now is having available also for the Linux client the Remote Control feature (during the screen sharing).

125 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Teams freezes if "Logitech Group" USB Conference Webcam is attached

Whenever I plug in the "Logitech Group" conference system (webcam/microphone, https://www.logitech.com/de-de/product/conferencecam-group) into my Macbook Pro (Catalina 10.15.3) via USB, MS teams freezes and I cannot start any call. Only unplugging fixes the freeze.

Basically I cannot use our video conferencing system with Teams, despite it being advertised as being compatible. Using other Apps on my Macbook to record videos works fine, so definitely a Teams problem.

Also discussed here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/usb-plug-of-the-quot-logitech-group-quot-will-cause-teams-to/m-p/1120205

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Teams Chat: add reply button or selective reply just like Whatsapp. required for desktop.

Teams Chat: add reply button or selective reply just like Whatsapp. required for desktop.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to hide floating tool bar

Ability to hide the "floating tool bar" while we are seeing the screen shared by someone else

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Reply chat : On mobile we can reply by each message but on Desktop app it's can't

In message chat sometime we need to reply on some message.

On mobile app have reply command but on desktop app have no this command

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Reply feature on teams desktop

Its just question. Why on teams desktop version i cannot reply chat

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Multiple applications sharing

Please let us share multiple applications from MS Teams rather than sharing only one application or only the entire desktop.

Also, give functionality to switch to another application while you are sharing without stoping screen share and resharing another application

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Shifts time clock on desktop

At the moment, shifts time clock is only available on mobile. It would be useful to add the time clock on desktop too.

294 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Multiple windows on multiple monitors

Teams needs to support multiple monitors and the ability to have different windows of teams on different monitors. Like if I join a meeting or I'm on a call and someone is presenting, I want that on monitor 1, but I want the Teams main windows on monitor 2 so that I can still chat with someone else, or chat in a team channel. Skype has this ability and it works great

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Edit Displayed User Names

It would be more convenient if we could customize user display name to allow better identification of individuals. For external contacts, email addresses are currently displayed and cannot be edited to reflect the contact's name.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Reply to specific message for desktop

I have both desktop and mobile Teams apps. I just noticed that you can reply to specific messages using the mobile app, but you can't do the same using the desktop app.

I hope the reply feature can be used for desktop. It will be very useful esp. if there are many collaborators in one chat group.

Thanks!

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Open links to teams in Desktop App

SITUATION: When you receive a link to a Teams file or folder, or really anything in Teams, like a Planner task - it sends you to the sharepoint site, regardless of whether you have the Desktop App installed and even if it is open.

RESOLUTION: Make links to any Teams elements open directly in the Teams Desktop App

This will save so much time and frustration from people, and also make Teams seem like a more integrated solution for everyone.

4,576 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

441 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow presenters to hide or move the toolbar that appears at the top of the screen.

Issue:
    The toolbar that appears at the top of the screen while presenting does not auto-hide consistently, obstructing browser tabs and anything else that occupies the top area of the screen. This happens very frequently and results in having to move the entire browser window just to change to a different browser tab.

Suggestion: Add an option for the presenter to hide or move this toolbar for the duration of the current meeting or presentation, and also an option in Teams settings to hide the toolbar by default.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. in skype we have quote for message . i need that feature in microsoft teams . (meassage quote feature)

in skype we have quote for message . i need that feature in microsoft teams . (meassage quote feature)

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Disable Desktop Shortcut creation

Please add options to disable desktop shortcut when customers install Teams by using MSI installer

308 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Integrate with MS PowerToys FancyZones to share a zone instead of the whole screen

Screen sharing doesn't work well when the user who is sharing has a super ultra wide monitor (49") and the others have ordinary monitors. This forces the user to share applications instead of the screen and the user needs to stop and start sharing for each application switch. It would be great if the user could share a PowerToy FancyZone. Then the user could have a normal sized FancyZone and share it.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Volume controls needed

Volume is a major issue.
    1. Make a volume adjuster for the program and team meetings separate. Right now, Teams meeting starts at the max volume of the system sound and the volume adjuster adjusts the system sound.
    2. Make a volume adjustment for each person in the meeting, making them louder or lower.
    3. Make a way to lower or raise your own mic
    4. Make a push to talk button. IE press a button like a radio. Yes you have a mute button, but a bind key makes a lot more sense. This of course would be optional.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fix the error "Your admin has updated your settings. Some of your pinned apps may have moved."

In our school Office365, we have the option that makes able the people to pin personally apps, but we always have the error "Your admin has updated your settings. Some of your pinned apps may have moved."

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 57 58
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base