Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow users to customize away presence timeout

Allow users to customize away presence timeout like the options in the Skype client. Add: Show me inactive when my computer has been idle for this many minutes. Also Add: Change my status from inactive to Away after this many minutes.

2,986 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

294 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Microsoft Graph presence API

currently you can only query the present status via the API interface.

It would also be very important for providers who want to dock their tools to MS teams that the present status can also be set via the API interface.

is there any information about when this will be possible via the API interface?

705 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

168 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disable auto-syncing of Availability status with Outlook calendar

Please also allow users to turn off auto-syncing of Availability status with their Outlook calendar and other sources.

7,283 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1360 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add presence to Teams desktop search.

When searching for users on Teams in the desktop client it does not show the presence of the user until you click on their name and a chat is opened.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Having the app in background or on another monitor doesn't mean I am away

If I have the teams app in the background or on another monitor does not mean I am away. Even if i don't move the mouse for some time does not usually mean I am away. Maybe I do other things, but still sitting at my desk and working.
    The status should only change to "away" if i lock my computer, because then I am really "away". Maybe there should be a way to configure the time after when the status changes and one of these options should be "only when locking the computer".

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. WORK FROM HOME status icon

This proposition is to simply add an extra status icon (top left of the portrait) to signify WFH. (like a Home pin)

Given that so many people in the world are working from home, knowing that some are from home and some are from office would be great!

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Disable pop-up notifications in Do Not Disturb mode

I would like to disable pop-up notifications while I set Do Not Disturb mode, so that I can focus better without distraction from other users, exactly as it used to be with S4B.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Setting to adjust length of time before "away" status

I would like the option to select how long I want to be inactive before Teams auto changes from "available" to "away". In my organization, some computers can go unlocked but inactive all night and Teams will show them as "available". While on mine, I might be in excel or another program but on my computer, and Team will show me as "away" after just minutes.

232 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. appear offline

I want to access Teams content while able to "appear offline"

This is a feature request regarding the presence capability versus other offline features that want to use Teams while disconnected.

This feature allows
    People to do work at off hours without being interrupted.
    People to look or retrieve content which has no concept of presence.

For those concerned about abuse of an appear offline feature and enabling presence liars, users can still lie and set any of the current presence states with the same intention.

I can be connected to the network and use Outlook, OneNote, SharePoint, etc. and…

1,311 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

123 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Status based on Skype Status

If we are sharing something on Skype and the Skype status shows up as busy, the Teams status should also show up as busy automatically. Can this be done?

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Integrate status message and status

When I set a status message, I also want to pick a status to go with it (available, busy, away, etc.). But that's not currently an option in the UI.

"Clear status message after" should apply to this status. When the time is up, the status should go back to what it would have been.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Team address books (and company-wide address book)

The lifeblood of Microsoft teams is the people that that make up those teams and generate the content within teams. As of now, there is now basic way of listing who those people are within teams.

It would be really great if each team had it's own "people" tab where it would be an address book of all the people who make up that team. Without it, how does a general user even know with whom they are speaking?

Furthermore, it would be good to have the option for a company-wide "people" tab in the left menu, which would function…

849 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

111 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Teams status options

It's really bothering me that the status is becoming very inconvenient. I think it was working fine before, maybe Teams is updated recently. Now, when I'm not actively in Teams for a while but using other applications on my laptop, Teams will show my status as away or even offline for many times. The status option needs to customize options.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow setting idle time to avoid constantly appearing "Away"

Now that we are working from home, we need to appear as available all time, or at least for more time that 3 minutes even when you are not actively using the computer.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Be able to adjust when status shows as away (i.e. 5min, 10, 15,etc.)

Be able to adjust when status shows as away (i.e. 5min, 10, 15,etc.)

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make user presence controllable for internal users and external users

It would be great if we can have Presence privacy mode feature like Skype for Business.
    Furthermore, internal users and external user are controlled at the same time in the Presence privacy mode.
    Therefore, a function to control the presence separately for those users would be appreciated.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Like Backgrounds, have customizable banner in the Foreground, where you can have your contact and company information

We have many Sales people using Teams now, and when they interact with customers, it would look more professional if we could put a customizable banner in front of them with the company logo, their name and contact info, similar to what you see when someone is broadcasting the news. We can put it on a background today, but all lettering in the backgrounds always have a slightly blurry appearance on Teams.

In the example attached, we have a background on the left, with our salesperson using the space on the right, and would like the banner and the company…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Change Teams Presence when another VoIP application accesses mic/speaker/camera

Please allow Teams to change presence status to 'busy' ect, when another 3rd party VoIP (Zoom, Ringcentral, WebEx,Skype) tool accesses mic/camera. Often external contacts require us to use their collaboration tool that is not integrated into Outlook Calendar presence. This will help sync actual user activity and pretense with Teams availability.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Teams showing away while still active on the device.

Recently, Teams has started showing our users Away when they are active on the device, but have been inactive in Teams for more than 5 minutes or so. Our company is now working 95% from home and having this incorrect status is misleading to not only our colleagues, but also to our managers. I understand that this is similar to other posts but I wanted to emphasize that the implications of Teams changing the presence of users and showing away while working can negatively impact a manager's perception of their employees' work ethic while working remotely.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow users to change the defult time of 10 minutes to how ever long they would like before the status changes from available to away.

The users should be able to override the 10 minutes setting that changes the user's status from available to away.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base