Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Disable auto-syncing of Availability status with Outlook calendar

Please also allow users to turn off auto-syncing of Availability status with their Outlook calendar and other sources.

835 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

187 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Blynclight for Microsoft Teams

Expose user presence in Microsoft Teams through an API so that the Embrava Blynclight can subscribe to the current users status and display this status on the Blynclight.

www.embrava.com

790 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

189 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teams Presence should be 'real-time'.

Having presence delays of up to 4 minutes makes presence largely useless. Having to resort back to typing 'are you free now' after calls, because I can't tell if they are still in the meeting, or have started another meeting or call. Or trying to call somebody and get rejected and a message saying "I'm in a call"

510 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. appear offline

I want to access Teams content while able to "appear offline"

This is a feature request regarding the presence capability versus other offline features that want to use Teams while disconnected.

This feature allows
    People to do work at off hours without being interrupted.
    People to look or retrieve content which has no concept of presence.

For those concerned about abuse of an appear offline feature and enabling presence liars, users can still lie and set any of the current presence states with the same intention.

I can be connected to the network and use Outlook, OneNote, SharePoint, etc. and…

154 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Integrate Presence in Outlook contacts from Teams

Whenever Team is running the presence should show on the Outlook contacts. When composing emails and adding users, it should show the presence of Team. It currently works only for skype for business.

874 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

102 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Associate user presence in other application using Teams client

The following article says that, to show presence in other applications, Skype for Business must be installed. But I don’t want to use Skype for Business, so it would be great if you can improve this behavior to use Teams for user presence association with other applications.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/presence-admins

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Groups Contact list

The ability to add AAD or AD synced Mail Enabled Security groups or Office 365 Groups in contacts. This functionality is available in S4B. It needs to be added to Teams so contacts are dynamically added in Teams contacts list under groups like departments.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add geolocation

Add the geolocation possibility on the smartphone apps and on the desktop app as well.
    So the user can find out where other team members are located.
    The user must have the possibility to share his position or not with other members (for privacy or security reasons).
    When we click on the position of the user, the possibility to see the position on a map is also needed.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Change status to away when computer is locked

When I lock my computer, automatically change my status to away. I don't expect the web version to be able to do this but the client should be able to.

127 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Better visibility for custom Status Message

The new status message feature is great, but it lacks visibility to other users. It would be much more useful to make it visible in the chat area user list, rather than having to hover over a user to find it in the drop down. It would also be great to have it anywhere you can see user presence.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Visibility of teams custom status messages

knowing your other team members status (ESP. CUSTOM STATUS MESSAGES) ARE CRITICAL for the way we utilize this application at our business. It is an annoyance you have to hover over someone's icon/status color/etc. to see their custom status message. It would be fantastic if you could always see what is says. Instead of seeing what the last message was (under the chats tab), you see their custom status message.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. external chat with more functionality

Chat with external users needs to have added functionality in order to replace Skype for Business. Images, formatting and emojis are a bare minimum of what is to be expected in a modern application.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Request to implement presence privacy mode

I would request to implement presence privacy mode in Microsoft Teams same as Skype for Business.
    Because I would like to prevent junior employees from seeing executive/senior members’ presence information when they search staff information.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow users to customize away presence timeout

Allow users to customize away presence timeout like the options in the Skype client. Add: Show me inactive when my computer has been idle for this many minutes. Also Add: Change my status from inactive to Away after this many minutes.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Prevent automatic presence / status changes

Please can there be a setting to turn off automatic presence / status changes, and also allow the presence setting to stay the same if Teams is closed or reopened or the computer is restarted. It is very frustrating and disruptive to work that the presence can change automatically by itself

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow hiding “Get app” “App” ”Help” options

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    "アプリを入手" "アプリ" "ヘルプ" の各項目を非表示にできるようにしたい。

Allow hiding “Get app” “App” ”Help” options
    ■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams の画面左下に表示される、"アプリを入手" "アプリ" "ヘルプ" の各項目を非表示に設定できるようにしたい。特に "アプリ" はストアアプリの為、ユーザーに対し制御できるようにしたい。

The options displayed at the bottom left of Microsoft Teams screen, “Get app”,”Apps” and “Help”, should be hidden from users. Especially the “Apps” we need to hide it from users’ screens since those apps are the store apps.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Disable the presence association between Teams and Outlook

It would be nice to have a setting that disable the presence association between Teams and Outlook.
    We are also using Skype for Business in our environment and we can disable the association by setting Teams upgrade policy. However, if we do so, Skype for Business becomes main app and we cannot use Teams. So, we would like to disable the linkage.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Teams and Skype for Business Don't Communicate Status / Presence

My status / presence (Available, In a Meeting, Presenting, Away, Offline, etc.) does not sync between Skype for Business and Teams. Overall, this is cumbersome when I want to manually change my status, as I have to change it in two places.

Furthermore, this is especially problematic with the "Presenting" and "Do Not Disturb" statuses. When I am sharing my screen in Teams, the "Presenting" / "Do Not Disturb" status is not conveyed to Skype (and vice versa), so pings from Skype will pop up when I am sharing my screen in Teams. This is incredibly disruptive to the audience…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make my status private

I should be able to control what status I want displayed, including no status at all. I consider it a violation of my privacy that I can’t decline to display a status

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Next Available Time In People Hover Card

Soon we will be able to see real-time presence in Teams but as chat becomes more and more the primary tool to contact people it would be nice when you hover over the persons name you can get the real-time presence and next available time as well. The information is already available to Teams (Scheduling Assistant) so adding it in the hover card would not be that difficult (says the non-coder). Thanks!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.