Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow users to customize away presence timeout

Allow users to customize away presence timeout like the options in the Skype client. Add: Show me inactive when my computer has been idle for this many minutes. Also Add: Change my status from inactive to Away after this many minutes.

4,933 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

482 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Disable auto-syncing of Availability status with Outlook calendar

Please also allow users to turn off auto-syncing of Availability status with their Outlook calendar and other sources.

8,612 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1545 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unable to manage inactive time before away status appears!

To be able to adjust time before away status appears!

154 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. WORK FROM HOME status icon

This proposition is to simply add an extra status icon (top left of the portrait) to signify WFH. (like a Home pin)

Given that so many people in the world are working from home, knowing that some are from home and some are from office would be great!

238 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Set Inactivity Presence Timeout (Away if inactive after X minutes)

This was previously suggested and the idea ticket was planned, worked on, then closed, BUT the delivered change does not meet the original idea request.

Request:
    Allow the user to set an 'inactivity time' in minutes, which would automatically set the status to Away after.

Delivered:
    Manually set presence to Away, with a time in which the Away will revert back to Available.

This is the opposite of what the community wanted and voted for.

Please reinstate this idea so the voted for functionality can be added.

Original closed idea:
    https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/38482774-allow-users-to-customize-away-presence-timeout

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Be able to automatically set a status like "appear offline" when out-of-office or outside working hours defined in outlook.

In order to help users manage work life balance, in addition to setting a duration for "appearing offline", it would be helpful to be able to set it to set a status like "appear offline" when their calendar has an out-of-office block, or when the time of day is outside working hours defined in Outlook.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Call Queues calls waiting for "Do Not Dirsturb" Agents to become available

When receiving a call on a Call Queue with “presence-based routing” disabled and "Serial-routing" enabled, the caller waits for agent timeout, if the queue agent status is "Do Not Dissturb".

Agents using "Do Not Disturb" should always be skipped, no matter if “presence-based routing” is enabled or not.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add presence to Teams desktop search.

When searching for users on Teams in the desktop client it does not show the presence of the user until you click on their name and a chat is opened.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Differentiate 'In a call' presence icon or color from busy

We get lots of internal Teams calls during meetings, because presence state while in a meeting or in a call is a red dot, the same as when the user is busy. Therefore when you call a user, you always need to mouse-hover to see if he's currently in a call. It would be great if the design of the red 'In a call' presence dot would differ from the busy presence dot.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Set presence via api

Unfortunately https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/39651298-microsoft-graph-presence-api was closed despite 1618 votes mostly requesting the ability to SET the presence via api. Can that one be reopened as not fixed (to keep all the previous comments and votes) and to have a supported api function that allows the setting of Teams Presence. It is technically possible to do it already via a completely undocumented api although a token needs to be obtained to authorise the api.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Presence description next the presence icon of the contact photo

Currently in most of the scenarios in Microsoft Teams Client (Desktop & Mobile) we must open the contact card from a user (click / hover over) to see the exact state of his presence. (Red has several meanings) This is quite time consuming if you need to find someone how is not in call for example. It would greate to see the description (Busy, in a call, in a conference call etc.) right next to the presence icon of the contact photo like there was in Skype for Business

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add a Way to Indicate Whether I'm Working from Home or at the Office

As we return to the offices, it would be useful if there was an official status that indicates whether somebody is working at the office or from home. Many employees and employers are following a hybrid work model, so it can be extremely useful to know if somebody was available to meet in person.

This could be done manually now with the status message, but very few people read those messages. A visual indication would be more useful.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Disable pop-up notifications in Do Not Disturb mode

I would like to disable pop-up notifications while I set Do Not Disturb mode, so that I can focus better without distraction from other users, exactly as it used to be with S4B.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Having the app in background or on another monitor doesn't mean I am away

If I have the teams app in the background or on another monitor does not mean I am away. Even if i don't move the mouse for some time does not usually mean I am away. Maybe I do other things, but still sitting at my desk and working.
    The status should only change to "away" if i lock my computer, because then I am really "away". Maybe there should be a way to configure the time after when the status changes and one of these options should be "only when locking the computer".

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. We need a presence option for "Working Remote".

This is aimed at users who are remotely logged in to their desks. Our company supports working from home and remote login, however, we do not have an efficient way to notify other users of their location, other than hovering and waiting for a status message. Adding a category with another color would make for an easy quick reference. The reality is that, nearly everytime I work remote, I've been asked to assist in the conference room because it appears that I am here on Teams, when I am actually at home. This would be a nice bit of streamlining…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. add function to signify if you are working from an office or from home that day

In a hybrid work environment it would be helpful to know if someone I'm scheduled to meet with today is in the office or at home, that way I can meet with them in person if possible without having to ask them where they are working every time. Maybe just like an "In the Office" flag on the available/busy icon or something like that.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. audio + name pronunciation

I have many team members who have politely changed their names to make it easier for teammates to pronounce them. To support a more inclusive environment, I'd like an audio recording option to be available so that team members can record the correct pronunciation of their names and these audio files are available to play for any team member who needs a refresher on pronunciation.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Revert Status/Presence to Available when a Meeting Ends Early

Often a recurring meeting that takes up an hour in my calendar ends after only 15 mins if there aren't any major updates needing shared. I manually change my presence back to Available so that people know I am not still "In a meeting".

It is really hard to tell if someone is still in their meeting or if they're actually available to talk. This would not be the case if people worked from the office as you'd physically see they've returned to their desk.

It would be great if Teams could do this for you after it recognises a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Presence bubbles don't appear next to the name in the To, CC, and BCC fields

The outlook status is sync with Teams status, however presence bubbles don't appear next to the name in the To, CC, and BCC fields on Outlook. The presence bubbles did appear in the past but after an update this option was removed. Is it possible to bring it back? Thank you

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Custom Status Message API

One can currently set a custom status message for when someone sends you a chat or mentions you in a channel. Please provide an administrative control to disable this by policy. And/or allow for the custom status message to be cleared/set by PowerShell or Graph API.

Use case: In the EDU sector students can (and do) abuse this with inappropriate status messages. Currently, the only control is an Acceptable Use Policy, and to clear it requires taking control of the account and manually clearing it.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 35 36
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base