Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Lock the Video Spotlight

In Skype for Business hosted meetings, there is a feature called "Lock the Video Spotlight" that allows you to choose a video feed that's displayed to all participants. This feature does not appear to be in the Teams client today, and it doesn't appear on the Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams Capabilities Roadmap.

In some Teams meetings I want all my participants to just view one presenters video stream and not have the 4 participant split view. We need a way for the Teams meeting host to force their video to be prominent from the participants view.

https://aka.ms/skype2teamsroadmap

307 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

31 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Audio conferencing not letting attendees into the teams meeting Unless they are authenticated by the Teams app

We have been experiencing a bit of a problem since last week and honestly at this point I am not really sure whether it has to do with some of the new teams policy features in teams or it is actually a tech. problem.

Basically as of last week when a user creates a meeting (with dialins) in the Teams addon in Outlook and he/she tries to join the meeting as the meeting host via phone the other invitees are just stuck in the lobby forever, as if the host never joined.

On the other hand, when the host joins…

284 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There are two parts to this topic:

1) Bypass the lobby for PSTN: The ability for admins and organizers to be able to specify a meeting option to bypass the PSTN lobby independently of the VoIP lobby —> We are working on it and we’ll update as we get closer to completion

2) Admit from lobby for PSTN: Organizer having ability to admit PSTN attendees from the lobby, when the organizer has joined via PSTN with a PIN. – This is in the backlog, to be worked on after #1.

3. Allow screen-sharing in Teams Web-App

Teams Web-App currently does not support screen-sharing or remote session feature like the Teams local application. Please develop this feature in the Teams web-app so that users can share and do remote sharing through a web-browser.

104 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow service numbers from a SIP trunk via Teams Direct Routing

Could you please add support for service numbers (usable with auto attendant or call queues) that come from a SIP trunk connected via Direct Routing? It doesn't make sense to support BYOT with Teams Direct Routing but not having the possibility to use the numbers on the SIP trunk as service numbers for an auto attendant or a call queue.

353 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show if call forwarded or from a call group in call history / missed calls

If an incoming call is being forwarded from another user or is being forwarded as part of a call pickup group, this is displayed in the popup call notification, however it is not displayed in the users call history. The calls just show as a missed call.

This is causing confusion for users as they see these forwarded/call group calls as missed calls and then try to return the call.

An additional column or a different 'Type' for these calls would resolve this issue.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support device call controls

Support call controls for popular 3rd party headsets (handup, mute) like Plantronics 740-M or Jabra.

204 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Transfer to voicemail option

In Skype for Business and most other phone systems, you can select to transfer a caller directly to voicemail (receptionists use this all the time). Teams does not have this option. It is very important for folks to not transfer to a ring-ring-ring experience if they simply need to leave a voicemail.

202 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Call Queue and Auto Attendant Resource Licensing

The idea of requiring Cloud PBX clients to license Call Queues and Auto Attendants is absurd. This is a basic functionality that is available similar services. Furthermore, sneaking in this change without advising any of you partners and or end-users is NOT acceptable. This is going to have a HUGE financial impact on some of our clients. Call Queues and Auto Attendants should be an intrinsic feature as it always has been with Skype for Business Online.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add Hold Music for the caller to hear when doing a consult than transfer.

Add Hold Music for the caller to hear when doing a consult than transfer.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Busy Options (Busy on Busy or Voicemail on Busy)

Provide a functionalitiy similar to the one is SfB Server.

Busy on Busy - Incoming calls will be rejected with a busy signal if the user is busy.

Voicemail on Busy - Incoming calls will be forwarded to voice mail if the user is busy.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. calls come through when im on a call

When I'm already on a call if a new call comes in, Teams still rings as if I'm available. It should give a busy tone, go to voicemail or just ring-out - but do it silently in the background. Or with minimal interruption. If I'm on a call it will reduce the audio to allow Teams to ring!

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Manage On-prem Phone Numbers

Now that we have the ability to use Direct Routing to assign an "OnpremPhoneNumber" to a Resource Account via the Set-CsOnlineApplicationInstance cmdlet, it would be nice to take it a step or few further.

I think it would be nice to be able to enter a list/range of "On Prem Phone Numbers" into Skype/Teams.

1, we would be aware of the full range.
    2, we can pick from a list when assigning a phone number in the TAC. 3, we can see what unused numbers there are either in the SBAC or using PowerShell. Or the next available.
    4, we…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow the use of existing USB handset like Polycom CX300

Would love to be able use our existing investment in devices like the Polycom CX300 USB handset with Teams. I can understand why LPE devices won't be supported, but would like to see simple USB phones supported with the client.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Query contact name for incoming PSTN calls from Exchange adressbook and other sources

Today, Teams displays the number of the caller for incoming calls from PSTN. Teams does not display the name of the caller. So I dont know who is calling.

Would be great, if Teams queried the number in my/company Exchange adressbook (and other contact databases, like CRM) and displayed the name of the caller instead of the number.

146 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Be able to choose different device for ringing

When I don't have my headset on I cannot hear when somebody calls.
    Should have an option to ring on a different device e.g. Skype 7.41.x. See attached.

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Delete call history

We should be able to delete call history to keep the UI clean and usable.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Blur Background by default option

Please add the option to Blur the background on every call.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. PSTN Reverse Number Lookup (show username from Address book not PSTN number) in Teams Toast and Call History

When a PSTN user calls you on Microsoft Teams, if the number is in the address book I would like to be presented with the users name on the toast, not just the PSTN number. The same for call history or anywhere else a PSTN number appears in the client

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Include call history in chat

Am I the only one finding it painfull that the chat history DOES NOT include call logs?

I want to be able to reconstruct to whom I talked how long. As a workaround I started to use Skype again or quit the Teams calls and call back the people by phone.

In Skype this feature helped me a lot when I tried to reconstruct to whom i spoke on days where things became crowded.

Please implement that feature asap!

165 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Screen Sharing greyed out for external contacts

Looks like there is no way to share my screen with someone outside my organization. The dedicated button is just greyed out.

Teams shows the following message in the chat window: "... is outside your organization. Some Teams features won't be available"

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base