Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When making a PSTN call from Teams for browser or teams for VDI, PSTN Ring back tone/Early Media is not played.

When making a PSTN call from Teams for browser or teams for VDI(Web RTC), PSTN Ring back tone/Early Media is not played.

User can hear the ring back tone of teams, but user cannot hear the PSTN Ring back tone or Early Media.
    also as, user can hear PSTN Ring Back tone or Early Media when user use Teams for desktop client or Mobile Apps(iOS/Android).

467 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

17 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Microsoft Teams: New Calling Experiences

Simplify the calling experience with a streamlined view that shows contacts, voicemail and calling history together, making it easier to initiate or return a call with a single click.

This new view is not at all convenient and we just want back the older view which shows Speed dial and history separately. Please consider this and change the view accordingly or atleast provide a way to switch between the different views.

143 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Conference button to be enabled for External PSTN calls where Location Based Routing is implemented for MS Teams

Conference option to be enabled for External PSTN calls where Location Based Routing is implemented for MS Teams. Currently we have to use Meet Now function in order to invite multiple PSTN numbers. At present, wherever Location Based Routing is enabled and a call is made to a External PSTN number, then a secondary PSTN number can't be added to the conference. The option to add a second number is not visible next to the dialpad option. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/location-based-routing-plan is the link to the article for Location Based Routing.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow "classic" view or allow to size Call History to shrink in width or to be hidden after May 2021 Teams Update..

Teams Calls view radically changed (reported May 11, 2021) and clearly not for the better. This change will generate complaints from our user base that hasn't been updated yet. Please address this as soon as possible by providing a "classic" option or the ability to shrink the History showing in the middle. The screen shots provided have removed pictures, names, and titles that aren't relevant to demonstrating this view. Thank you.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Call History – Make forwarded calls visible

Dear Sirs,
    We are using Teams including Calling. We have a small team with Call Forwarding active, within 20 Seconds no Answer the call is forwarding to each Team Member.

Each Team Member will see the call during ringing with “forwarded by name of user” but in the history it looks like it was a direct personal call. The problem is that everyone is now trying to call back.

In the pictures there is how the call forwarding settings are, how the current history looks like and how a forwarded call look like when ringing. Although there is an idea…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Full Teams Client API including Call Control

Microsoft Teams should have completed Client APIs so that third party apps can be created to fill specific needs.

This API should allow call control of the Microsoft Teams application. Necessary call control features include:
    • dial/call
    • call answer
    • hang-up
    • hold/off hold
    • call transfer (all types: blind, consult, safe)
    • add participant
    • mute/unmute
    • park/unpark
    • call as a delegate
    Some general features include:
    • search contacts
    • get contact presence
    • get contact list folders/contacts
    • setup contact list folders/contacts
    • get/set my presence
    • get/set my note
    • get/set my delegates
    • get/set…

2,696 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

167 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add Call Forwarding for a User From Teams Admin Center

It would be useful to be able to forward a users phone using the Teams Admin Center. Currently, you must use PowerShell to perform this function. The only thing you can do in the Admin center is establish call groups and delegates. You still must sign in as the user to activate the forwarding.

184 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Automatically block incoming calls when you are already in a call or meeting

Please create a setting a user has the ability to change that automatically blocks incoming calls or allows the user to even forward all calls to someone else when already in a call/meeting if applicable. It is very distracting to have my phone ringing while I'm in a call.

772 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

67 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Music on hold for Teams-To-Teams calls (Regular Teams Calls)

Music on hold for PSTN-To-Teams and Call queues were made available but we still need the same feature for Teams-To-Teams calls don't we? I couldn't see another item discussing the same but if so, please merge this item.

115 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please support "new calling and meeting experience" in VDI with Teams client.

Turning on new calling and meetings experiences in VDI with Teams client is required for some Japanese customer.
    Could you please consider this issue?

117 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. We need a feature to cancel the call if someone is added to group call by mistake. It just shows calling but there is no option to cancel

We need a feature to cancel the call if someone is added to group call by mistake. It just shows calling but there is no option to cancel.

It doesn't show the status of a person we are trying to add to group call. We always have to check the status separately before inviting a contact.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Provide Layout Options for the Calls Tab

Allow users to revert the Teams Calls tab to the previous version, or (even better) provide layout options for the tab.

I want to be able to have all my speed dial groups organized to take up all or most of the window.

History now takes up most of the screen, but I have no use for History, I only need Speed Dial.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add hold music in consultative transfer of PSTN calls

When putting a PSTN call on hold in Teams the caller will hear music. But when you do a consultative transfer the caller gets total silence before he gets transferred. Please also add music here.

824 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

185 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make new calling experience GUI more flexible

The updated calling experience GUI is not felxible enough to meet different requirements.Some secions ( see coloured squares in the screenshot) are to small, others takes a lot of space but probably not of interest. Since TEAMS provide no specific attendant console for calls, the switchboard have to use the provided one. But there it is not possible to have a quick view wich clients are in a call or present at all bfore transfering an incomming call. In the old GUI it was at least possible at the favorites but in the new one this section is so small.…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Calls screen should have the ability to have a larger Speed Dial screen

Previously the Calls screen allowed a much larger Speed Dial screen. as most of my calls are within a small group the speed dial screen allowed me to quickly find a contact, click and contact or call. I also had contacts divided into groups allowing quick contact within a group.
    A further feature allowed me to view and monitor all who are available/active within contacts and groups.
    Perhaps the History (and/or Speed Dial) windows could be able to close or make smaller.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. PSTN calls: Music on Hold when transferring (Music on Transfer)

So Music on hold works when you just click 'put on hold'

But why not when 'transferring' or 'consult than transfer'?

now users who are getting transferred hear just silence... and they hang up...

please add

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Call Status (when already on a call)

The status indicator (red circle for busy, green circle for available, yellow circle for away) should be more obviously different when someone is on a call/conference call.

I often have people calling me when I'm already on another call, as I think they assume that 'red' = 'busy', and nobody takes the additional step of hovering over someone to make sure they're not on another call. There shouldn't be an additional step, it should be obvious when someone is on a call.

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fix Mute timeout on PSTN. Send RTCP or Keepalives rather than No Media

After several months of troubleshooting, Microsoft have finally admitted that the issue of call drops and conference participant drops when muting, are by design. When a participant mutes their client (mobile, desktop, or web), the SIP traffic stops sending media, but doesn;t send any for of keepalive to appease Tier 1 carriers that implement NO RTP timers.

The science behind this is that there are Communications RFC’s from the IETF that all providers agree to. One of these suggests that in the event of no RTP being received from the far end, a timer will be set in order to…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow users to customize size of Call History pane in New Calls Screen (May 2021)

In the new Calls screen layout, the Call History section takes up a large amount of space that is blank for the most part (unless there is a message that you have a voicemail).

Because of the large Call History pane, the Speed Dial pane has been shrunk. Our users utilized the Speed Dial option for calling, especially for calling outside our org to people not in a Team.

Would it be possible to have a drag bar on the right hand side of the Call History Pane so that a user can decrease the size of the Call History…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 172 173
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base