Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Full Teams Client API including Call Control

Microsoft Teams should have completed Client APIs so that third party apps can be created to fill specific needs.

This API should allow call control of the Microsoft Teams application. Necessary call control features include:
    • dial/call
    • call answer
    • hang-up
    • hold/off hold
    • call transfer (all types: blind, consult, safe)
    • add participant
    • mute/unmute
    • park/unpark
    • call as a delegate
    Some general features include:
    • search contacts
    • get contact presence
    • get contact list folders/contacts
    • setup contact list folders/contacts
    • get/set my presence
    • get/set my note
    • get/set my delegates
    • get/set…

2,320 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

134 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatically block incoming calls when you are already in a call or meeting

Please create a setting a user has the ability to change that automatically blocks incoming calls or allows the user to even forward all calls to someone else when already in a call/meeting if applicable. It is very distracting to have my phone ringing while I'm in a call.

543 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

53 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Voicemail on busy

When someone calls me, either internally or externally, and I'm on another call, the default behavior should send the call to voicemail after popping a notification and perhaps a subtle ring. This business of ringing more than once when I'm on a call is not helpful.

1,838 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

221 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to share screen simultaneously

Right now users of teams are only able to share screens one at a time and this is not very helpful for situations where multiple users need to share content simultaneously. Just like it is a no-brainer to have two way video on a call, there should be a way for multiple users on a call to share their screens at the same time, it makes conversations flow better and saves time from switching back and forth from one user sharing to another user sharing in situations where both or multiple users need to share content from their screens.

255 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add hold music in consultative transfer of PSTN calls

When putting a PSTN call on hold in Teams the caller will hear music. But when you do a consultative transfer the caller gets total silence before he gets transferred. Please also add music here.

540 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

127 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Call Forwarding for a User From Teams Admin Center

It would be useful to be able to forward a users phone using the Teams Admin Center. Currently, you must use PowerShell to perform this function. The only thing you can do in the Admin center is establish call groups and delegates. You still must sign in as the user to activate the forwarding.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Personalised muting

I want to be able to mute someone in my headphones without muting them for other participants.

If I have a participant in the room with me who is also logged in on their own device as a participant, I hear their voice in real life and then on the call after some lag.

I want to mute them so I don't hear this lag, without muting them to the other participants or muting my headphones.

Essentially I want just a small amount of the kind of control available in Digital Audio Workstations like Logic or Pro-Tools to mix a…

175 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Green Button to Answer Call

Desktop version.
    Highlight the "answer" button as green. The "don't answer" is red and the others are purple. The eye draws to the red and I always end up cancelling the phone call.

156 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Call queue and auto attendant managers

In Skype for Business there was an option to add a manager to a response group. This allowed a non-IT admin to change hours, holidays, queue members, etc.

Is this coming to Teams (or is it already available and I'm not looking in the right place?)

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. MOH while Call transfer

MOH (Music on Hold) works fine, when I put a caller on Hold.
    When I transfer a caller to anyone else, the caller hears nothing while transfering or consultiv tranfer Process. It would be great to ger here MOH also. The silence during the transfer process is confusing the caller.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Call Status (when already on a call)

The status indicator (red circle for busy, green circle for available, yellow circle for away) should be more obviously different when someone is on a call/conference call.

I often have people calling me when I'm already on another call, as I think they assume that 'red' = 'busy', and nobody takes the additional step of hovering over someone to make sure they're not on another call. There shouldn't be an additional step, it should be obvious when someone is on a call.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Hide Call Queue in Teams Addressbook

Ability to hide specific ressource accounts of Auto Attenant and Call Queue from Teams address book search. When building an IVR with Auto Attenant containing multiple Call Queues, the Call Queues (ressrouce accounts) need to be hidden from Teams address book.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. JBL Headset not compatible with MS Teams

After searching the internet for 2 days, I have realized that my newly purchased JBL headset is not compatible with MS Teams. Do I have to check this compatibility before I buy any accessories to my laptop? It does not make any sense.

176 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

151 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Transfer active call between devices

https://support.microsoft.com/office/join-a-teams-meeting-on-a-second-device-c28e7407-183b-46ea-ab17-2212700e5f41 only appropriate for transfering during meeting. As we use team for full Enterprise Calling we need this capability for normal phone calls. Webex can do it.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. video bar at top of screen

with many devices, the camera is at the top of the screen but when you're screen sharing the video bar is at the bottom of the screen so when you're looking at who's talking everyone looks like their eyes are closed because they're looking down at the bottom.

if the video bar is moved to the top of the screen it eliminates this issue

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. PSTN calls: Music on Hold when transferring (Music on Transfer)

So Music on hold works when you just click 'put on hold'

But why not when 'transferring' or 'consult than transfer'?

now users who are getting transferred hear just silence... and they hang up...

please add

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Music on hold for Teams-To-Teams calls (Regular Teams Calls)

Music on hold for PSTN-To-Teams and Call queues were made available but we still need the same feature for Teams-To-Teams calls don't we? I couldn't see another item discussing the same but if so, please merge this item.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Call confirmation pop up for group call

As user, I would like to get a confirmation pop up before I hit call button on group chat. It often happens that I hit call button unintentionally. This disturbs each one in the chat room and somehow I wish you revert back.
    This option can be configurable so that if few users want call on one hit, they can !

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Merge Calls

The ability to "Merge calls" was available in Skype for Business. The ability to call one person, put them on hold then call a second person, and then merge the calls together just like it was on Skype for Business.
    Why was this ability removed?

274 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We’re happy to announce that the Call Merge feature is included in our Dec 2020 Public Preview pack, and will be available to users who opt into Public Preview.

Please see feature details here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams-public-preview/now-in-public-preview-call-merge/m-p/1972987

You can learn more about the new Microsoft Teams Public Preview program here: https://aka.ms/TeamsPublicPreview, and Teams administrators can find documentation to manage which users will see the Public Preview option here: https://aka.ms/TeamsPublicPreviewAdmin

20. Move user videos to top of screen

Most laptop and workstations have cameras mounted on top of the screen, while videos and picrures of participants are currently presented at the bottom of the screen, leaving everyone looking down.

I'd suggest moving the pictures and videos to the top leaving people looking more into the camera.

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 147 148
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base