Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Full Teams Client API including Call Control

Microsoft Teams should have completed Client APIs so that third party apps can be created to fill specific needs.

This API should allow call control of the Microsoft Teams application. Necessary call control features include:
    • dial/call
    • call answer
    • hang-up
    • hold/off hold
    • call transfer (all types: blind, consult, safe)
    • add participant
    • mute/unmute
    • park/unpark
    • call as a delegate
    Some general features include:
    • search contacts
    • get contact presence
    • get contact list folders/contacts
    • setup contact list folders/contacts
    • get/set my presence
    • get/set my note
    • get/set my delegates
    • get/set…

1,822 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

88 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatically block incoming calls when you are already in a call or meeting

Please create a setting a user has the ability to change that automatically blocks incoming calls or allows the user to even forward all calls to someone else when already in a call/meeting if applicable. It is very distracting to have my phone ringing while I'm in a call.

295 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Voicemail on busy

When someone calls me, either internally or externally, and I'm on another call, the default behavior should send the call to voicemail after popping a notification and perhaps a subtle ring. This business of ringing more than once when I'm on a call is not helpful.

1,130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

129 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Personalised muting

I want to be able to mute someone in my headphones without muting them for other participants.

If I have a participant in the room with me who is also logged in on their own device as a participant, I hear their voice in real life and then on the call after some lag.

I want to mute them so I don't hear this lag, without muting them to the other participants or muting my headphones.

Essentially I want just a small amount of the kind of control available in Digital Audio Workstations like Logic or Pro-Tools to mix a…

164 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to share screen simultaneously

Right now users of teams are only able to share screens one at a time and this is not very helpful for situations where multiple users need to share content simultaneously. Just like it is a no-brainer to have two way video on a call, there should be a way for multiple users on a call to share their screens at the same time, it makes conversations flow better and saves time from switching back and forth from one user sharing to another user sharing in situations where both or multiple users need to share content from their screens.

118 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Green Button to Answer Call

Desktop version.
    Highlight the "answer" button as green. The "don't answer" is red and the others are purple. The eye draws to the red and I always end up cancelling the phone call.

116 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Merge Calls

The ability to "Merge calls" was available in Skype for Business. The ability to call one person, put them on hold then call a second person, and then merge the calls together just like it was on Skype for Business.
    Why was this ability removed?

221 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Use annotation tools on a PPT in Teams Call

I miss the ability to use Annotation Tools together on a shared PPT in a Microsoft Teams call. Previously we were using Skype for Business and there this was possible. The Whiteboard is not sufficient for this purpose, since there are no text entry options for example.

93 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. JBL Headset not compatible with MS Teams

After searching the internet for 2 days, I have realized that my newly purchased JBL headset is not compatible with MS Teams. Do I have to check this compatibility before I buy any accessories to my laptop? It does not make any sense.

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

95 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. video bar at top of screen

with many devices, the camera is at the top of the screen but when you're screen sharing the video bar is at the bottom of the screen so when you're looking at who's talking everyone looks like their eyes are closed because they're looking down at the bottom.

if the video bar is moved to the top of the screen it eliminates this issue

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Retain Caller ID Information in Call History

When a call comes in there is caller ID information, but the history does not retain this information. Can the caller ID information be retained?

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Forward calls from the auto attendant to an External Number

In a scenario when there are still enough credits on the organization.

It would be great if the auto attendant could have a feature to route/forward messages to an external number like a Phone or an Alternate Office Number.

295 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Delete call history

Please enable the "delete call history in MS-Teams.

Like other MS instant messaging tools, Skype has a history feature through which it archives all the chats and call history, and stores them locally on your client desktop, laptop or wireless device.

https://www.guidingtech.com/3240/erase-skype-call-chat-history/

If a user wants to erase this history, it can be done easily by deleting the previous chats and call details and disable the Skype history feature by changing the settings. Skype is a Microsoft product and has this functionality. Yet MS-Teams lacks this basic feature. Please prioritize this functionality within the backlog. It will clear/optimize the application…

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Automatic volume leveling for meeting participants

Often, callers have different volume levels. Either they have a mic right near their mouth with a headset - or they may be using a laptop mic far away.

It'd be helpful if we could adjust the volume of individual participants - boosting some and reducing the volume of others.

I've seen that feature in Windows Media Player. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-pictures/volume-leveling-in-windows-media-player-12-does/9470455c-f68c-4457-b16e-63d83c4f2041

As an enhancement, it'd be nice if users could also select callers independently and adjust their volume. These adjustments should be saved such that the volume level tweaking is remembered from call-to-call so the tweaks would not have to be made…

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. have more than one phone number per contact

I can only input or see one phone number per contact. majority of people have work phone numbers and cell phone numbers.

157 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. MOH while Call transfer

MOH (Music on Hold) works fine, when I put a caller on Hold.
    When I transfer a caller to anyone else, the caller hears nothing while transfering or consultiv tranfer Process. It would be great to ger here MOH also. The silence during the transfer process is confusing the caller.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Relocatable tool bar during I watching other person screen sharing

Tool bar on the bottom of screen to control camera, mute etc.. This bar sometimes block information on screen.

115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to turn off noise cancellation

Ability to turn off noise cancellation if wanted.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Better Mute Status Indication

It is difficult/not obvious to know when I am on mute or not. Sometimes I am not on mute when I should be, and other times, I start talking without realizing I am still on mute.

I have to hover mouse over screen for the buttons and mute status to show up. It would be great to have a better way of knowing mute status - perhaps something in title bar, or something easy to see at a glance.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Delete call history

We should be able to delete call history to keep the UI clean and usable.

1,269 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

266 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 100 101
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base