Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Display incoming caller Id when callers dial a call queue

Incoming calls to a call queue should show the caller id of the person calling. It only shows the name of the call queue in Teams.

108 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

16 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow call agents to answer the call directly without playing the music on hold for a call queue

With a call queue, music on hold is played until a call agent answers the call, but this is unnecessary, so I would like to make a call agent answer the call directly without playing the music in Microsoft Teams call queue.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make a call on behalf of a Call Queue

A call queue agent should be able to make a call on behalf of the call queue they are a member of. The calling line ID should be shown as the number associated with the Call Queue and not the agent's personal number.

Similar functionality existed in Lync and Skype for Business - https://support.office.com/en-us/article/answer-and-make-calls-for-a-response-group-in-lync-2010-d9182de9-32f6-492d-90cd-9bd0c0a390b2#makeacall

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Play a music on hold after a call agent answered in a call queue

When a call agent accepts the call and holds it, no music is played and it is really quiet during the hold. I would like the call queue feature to play a music on hold.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. New calls ring while on call

While in a call and another comes in on my DID number or to a call queue I belong to the call rings in my headset and the Teams popup shows the call. It should not ring in my ear - at the very least it should be a lessor intrusive tone. This is more like a call-waiting option that needs to be added. Call Waiting on/off (columns for DID and Queues). More than likely for a call queue you are not going to take another call while in a call. There is a slight possibility you would if it…

177 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Forward calls from the auto attendant to an External Number

In a scenario when there are still enough credits on the organization.

It would be great if the auto attendant could have a feature to route/forward messages to an external number like a Phone or an Alternate Office Number.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Voicemail on busy

When someone calls me, either internally or externally, and I'm on another call, the default behavior should send the call to voicemail after popping a notification and perhaps a subtle ring. This business of ringing more than once when I'm on a call is not helpful.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. SMS/MMS in Teams Phone System

Allow users to send and receive SMS/MMS messages from within Teams on the desktop and mobile app to the Office 365 phones number. This would be a great help for our field technicians in actually adopting a phone system rather than using their mobile phone. The MMS part of this would be fairly important in our use case.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Voicemail for Teams Calling & Call Queues

We have some Auto Attendant and Call Queues set up, when the time is 'out of hours' and a call comes in or if all users are busy and unable to answer a call it should go to voicemail posting the message transcript and audio file in the Team / group linked to the call queue.

99 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Turn off secondary ringer for outgoing calls

When placing an outgoing call my secondary ringer alerts. That is the equivalent of placing a call from an analog wall phone and it giving ringback on the earpiece and the external bell. I like the external ringer for incoming calls but really hate it for outgoing calls so I end up turning it off altogether.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. auto attendant settings users busy

please add an option in Call Queue in order to avoid that Teams client of busy users rings

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add an option to disable auto-adjusting mic level

When on the call the Teams will automatically adjust the mic sensitivity level. I want it to stay at the same level. It's really annoying as it picks up background sounds when not talking. Also, it doesn't readjust it after the call, so i.e. if I had set level 50% before the call the Teams will readjust it to 80% and it will stay at 80% after the call has ended. This forces me to keep manually adjusting the mic level. It's a minor thing, but really infuriating. Would be really great, to just have a checkbox to disable mic…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Delete call history

We should be able to delete call history to keep the UI clean and usable.

158 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show if call forwarded or from a call group in call history / missed calls

If an incoming call is being forwarded from another user or is being forwarded as part of a call pickup group, this is displayed in the popup call notification, however it is not displayed in the users call history. The calls just show as a missed call.

This is causing confusion for users as they see these forwarded/call group calls as missed calls and then try to return the call.

An additional column or a different 'Type' for these calls would resolve this issue.

143 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow outbound call for EntepriseVoiceEnabled users without phone number assigned through Direct Routing

Allow outbound call for EnterpriseVoiceEnabled users without phone number assigned through Direct Routing.

This is commonly used with Skype for Business.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. have more than one phone number per contact

I can only input or see one phone number per contact. majority of people have work phone numbers and cell phone numbers.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enable audio recording for private calls MS Teams

Users want to have the option to record one-on-one calls in MS Teams.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Teams places current Call on hold when screen sharing

I call my colleagues using the "Calls" tab in Teams. I am calling their desk phone, which is a land line. Each colleague of mine has their own direct land line number. I use Teams Calls to speak with them. I then wish to share my screen with them, so I find them on the Chat tab, and initiate a screen-share. This immediately places my Teams Call on hold. This is clearly by design, and it is a flaw. We need to be able to share our screens regardless of any other Teams activity. Skype for Business did this flawlessly.…

128 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Busy Tone for internal callers

Similar to Busy on Busy but instead of rejecting the call or sending it to voicemail, enable a different ringback tone for internal callers when the recipient is on a call. Nothing special but something different.
    In our call center, staff consult and transfer incoming calls and the line rings and rings because the recipient is busy, on an existing call - with no audible indication, the sender believes they're just being ignored.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add ability to call the mobile of a M365 F1 user

This issue occurs for licensed users that have M365 F1 subscriptions assigned. Although these users have a mobile number associated to their AAD user account, Teams users that have dialing plans assigned, cannot call the mobile number of F1 users nor is it available for selection: Teams initiates a Teams call and does not display their mobile number as an option to call.

USE CASE: Frontline workers leverage their mobile phone for connectivity to work. Back office staff such as Life Safety Department, must lookup the frontline workers 10 digit number in the Outlook GAL, Delve, etc. before using the…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 42 43
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base