Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Combine multiple threads - or at least improve the UI

People who are new to Teams almost reliably start new conversations instead of adding to threads. In other words, the context goes missing - which is one of the key elements that make Teams so powerful.

Multiple requests to combine threads have been declined here. I can only imagine that technical reasons are the source of the declines, because many people and organizations are dealing with this issue.

Therefore I'm repeating the request - and if the decision "at this point" is still the same, then please put some effort into the UI to make it clear (!!!) to people…

95 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create a separate chat window in Teams

Instead of having to select the Chat category within teams and using the large teams screen, I would like to have a separate chat window as well as Chat Icon at the bottom toolbar.

152 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve reply to channel and reply to thread usability

People accidentally reply to channel when they should be replying to a thread. This makes the channel a mess. Improve the usability aspect of this making it more intuitive to reply to the thread one is reading right now!

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When in a teams meeting - I would like to see both participants and chat at the same time

When in a teams meeting - I would like to see both participants and chat at the same time. Right now - its one or the other. in Skype for Business meetings - that was not the case, we could see chat and participants in one view

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Open Chat windows separately

Open Chat windows separately. This is very poor implementation of chat in MS TEAMS, as all proper communication tools that exist in the market have this feature. It allows for multiple chats to be viewed simultaneously. When is MS TEAMS dev team going to fix this glaring gap?

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. It's Microsoft Windows - so, could we have multiple windows?

Please? It can't be hard to have multiple windows, since it's possible to access the same Teams account from multiple computers at the same time.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Consolidate joiners / leavers

Often I see a full page or more just rows of "x joined the team." and "x left the team."

I propose to consolidate these at least if they are uninterrupted by other posts, or by day. For example like Instagram, "X, Y, Z and 12 others joined the team." and then you can click, hower or expand, whatever makes most sense, to view all names.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Virtual backgrounds - just like Zoom

allow the user to add a virtual background of their choice, just like you can in zoom

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Change Posts layout to be more intuitive

The current Posts layout looks like a Chat window and Teams also has chat functionality. This leads virtually every new user to go into the Posts section and attempt to reply to existing threads by using the New Conversations field at the bottom. I don't blame them since it's laid out like a chat app.

I propose that Posts be laid out more akin to a message board since that's what it actually is. Get rid of the new conversations field at the bottom and replace it with a button called 'New Topic' that opens the full formatter and increase…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Mobile app dark theme respect system dark theme toggle

iOS and Android both have native system dark themes now. The Teams app should respect the system dark theme toggle like the Outlook mobile app does. Eg when the system dark theme is activated, the Teams dark theme should be automatically be activated and vice versa.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Chat bar (like Focusing) for when you have manually set your Status

When schedule for "Focusing" time, there is a grey bar across the chat window with reminders that my Status is "Focusing" and what that entails.
    It would be great if there was a similar bar when I have manually set my Status (for instance to "Away") so that there is a more easily discernible reminder that I have manually changed my Status.
    We are often setting our Status to "Away" when taking breaks and forget to Reset when we come back.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Design for privacy and confidentiality: make use of "Type new message" prompt

Since we stated using Teams I am receiving - and sending - more messages that are not for the intended recipient
    This is in part due to an inadequate user interface that makes it difficult for the author to see in which context the reply is: one-to-one chat, group chat, or a Team Channel.

This is true for all Teams applications be it desktop, Web or mobile apps.

A contextual upgrade to the "Type your message" prompt could help:

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. mutli teams window

There has been talk of the ability to have multi window functionality. being able to have multiple teams chat windows open will help espeically when you are locked into a single screen share and then have to repeatedly navigate to the chat bar to have side conversations and click back in. currently very ineffeicient.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Additional Streaming Layouts for Team Live Events

currently you can choose between two streaming layouts (e.g. full screen or screen beside cam).
    There would be so many cool other layout options to improve live events e.g.:
    - Two speaker side by side (split screen)
    - presentation on the left but two speaker on the right
    - 4 speaker on screen
    - large cam, small screen sharing content

Whatever the ideas are endless, but currently this is really limiting some streaming experience, for example if you have two speakers debating something I want to show both, but I can't.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. See more / Always expand conversations

For the love of god, please stop hiding the conversations!

Reading conversations is tedious because it requires multiple times pressing the "See More" button and expanding the "x Replies from.." buttons to actually read what is said.

Scrolling to scan and navigate conversations works great. Lets just scroll and stop hiding things.

At minimum give the user an option to turn off all the collapsing functions (See more, x Replies from) so that everything is shown all the time.

For me this is the absolute #1 reason why I would dump Teams for Slack.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Being able to distinguish collaboration context (internal vs. confidential)

We are working with our team in a Private Teams because of confidentiality reasons. In this Teams we have setup different channels and additional (private) libraries to organize our day to day activities. In addition to all these private apps we are also linking to a public library (outside of this Teams) from within the Private Teams.

We notice that for a lot of our users it is not clear that the content on this public library is disclosed to a lot more people then the people that are part of the Private Teams, simply because of the fact that…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Customize Sidebar

I would really like the ability to choose which apps go in the sidebar. It just makes sense.

860 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

126 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Put small video feeds at the top centered... near the camera. Video conferences are about engagement. draw eyes to the camera.

Put small video feeds at the top centered... near the camera. Video conferences are about engagement. draw eyes to the camera.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Teams and channel navigation could be improved

We have many Teams in our organisation and as such we apply our notifications to Teams and channels accordingly and work off our "Activity" tab.
    When a post appears in the "activity" tab you click it and get taken to the correct channel. However, there is no way back from this screen (Activity feed on left, ruight hand panel = channel conversations) to the main Team/General channel/Team list of channels.

You have to click "Teams" in the tabbed interface, find the team and then click into the other channels.

Previously you could breadcrumb to the Team, from the channel's conversation:…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please position the "Add channel" item on the top of the Teams meeting creation screen

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Teams 会議の作成画面の "チャネルの追加" 項目を上部に置いてほしい
    Please position the "Add channel" item on the top of the Teams meeting creation screen

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft ​Teams の予定表から Teams 会議を作成する画面で、"チャネルの追加" 項目を "必須出席者を追加" 項目と並べて表示してほしい。
    特定のユーザーのみの Teams 会議を作成する際に、"必須出席者を追加" 項目と "チャネルの追加" 項目が離れた箇所にあるため、それぞれ必ず入力が必要な項目と勘違いし、"チャネルの追加" にチャネルを登録してしまい、誤ってチャネル会議を作成し、チーム メンバー全員に会議の招待メールが送られてしまったことがある。
    "チャネルの追加" 項目が "必須出席者を追加" 項目の近くにあれば、チャネル会議なのか、ユーザー間の会議なのかわかりやすくなり、誤った設定をすることが防げるようになる。
    また、"チャネルの追加" 項目の下に補足説明として、チャネルを追加することで、チーム メンバー全員が会議に参加可能となるという注意書きがあれば、ユーザーが誤った認識をせずに会議を作成できる。

以上のことから、Microsoft Teams の予定表から Teams 会議を作成する画面にて "チャネルの追加" 項目を "必須出席者を追加" 項目と並べて表示し、補足説明を記載することを要望します。

We hope that the "Add channel" item will be displayed alongside the "Add required attendees" item on the screen for creating a Teams meeting from the Microsoft Teams calendar.
    When creating a Teams meeting for specific users only, the "Add required attendees" and "Add…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 69 70
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base