Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Combine multiple threads - or at least improve the UI

People who are new to Teams almost reliably start new conversations instead of adding to threads. In other words, the context goes missing - which is one of the key elements that make Teams so powerful.

Multiple requests to combine threads have been declined here. I can only imagine that technical reasons are the source of the declines, because many people and organizations are dealing with this issue.

Therefore I'm repeating the request - and if the decision "at this point" is still the same, then please put some effort into the UI to make it clear (!!!) to people…

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Consolidate joiners / leavers

Often I see a full page or more just rows of "x joined the team." and "x left the team."

I propose to consolidate these at least if they are uninterrupted by other posts, or by day. For example like Instagram, "X, Y, Z and 12 others joined the team." and then you can click, hower or expand, whatever makes most sense, to view all names.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When in a teams meeting - I would like to see both participants and chat at the same time

When in a teams meeting - I would like to see both participants and chat at the same time. Right now - its one or the other. in Skype for Business meetings - that was not the case, we could see chat and participants in one view

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create a separate chat window in Teams

Instead of having to select the Chat category within teams and using the large teams screen, I would like to have a separate chat window as well as Chat Icon at the bottom toolbar.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. It's Microsoft Windows - so, could we have multiple windows?

Please? It can't be hard to have multiple windows, since it's possible to access the same Teams account from multiple computers at the same time.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Chat bar (like Focusing) for when you have manually set your Status

When schedule for "Focusing" time, there is a grey bar across the chat window with reminders that my Status is "Focusing" and what that entails.
    It would be great if there was a similar bar when I have manually set my Status (for instance to "Away") so that there is a more easily discernible reminder that I have manually changed my Status.
    We are often setting our Status to "Away" when taking breaks and forget to Reset when we come back.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Design for privacy and confidentiality: make use of "Type new message" prompt

Since we stated using Teams I am receiving - and sending - more messages that are not for the intended recipient
    This is in part due to an inadequate user interface that makes it difficult for the author to see in which context the reply is: one-to-one chat, group chat, or a Team Channel.

This is true for all Teams applications be it desktop, Web or mobile apps.

A contextual upgrade to the "Type your message" prompt could help:

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Open Chat windows separately

Open Chat windows separately. This is very poor implementation of chat in MS TEAMS, as all proper communication tools that exist in the market have this feature. It allows for multiple chats to be viewed simultaneously. When is MS TEAMS dev team going to fix this glaring gap?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hide the Teams application icon from the Recently added menu

I don’t want our users to use Teams application until the deployment completed. So, it would be very helpful if we could hide the Teams icon from Recently added in the start menu when pressing Windows key even if it has been already installed in the device.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Being able to distinguish collaboration context (internal vs. confidential)

We are working with our team in a Private Teams because of confidentiality reasons. In this Teams we have setup different channels and additional (private) libraries to organize our day to day activities. In addition to all these private apps we are also linking to a public library (outside of this Teams) from within the Private Teams.

We notice that for a lot of our users it is not clear that the content on this public library is disclosed to a lot more people then the people that are part of the Private Teams, simply because of the fact that…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Reflection of user information on Microsoft Teams client side after changes are done

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    ユーザー情報変更後の Microsoft Teams クライアント側の反映について
    Reflection of user information on Microsoft Teams client side after changes are done

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft 365 管理センターからユーザーの表示名や部署等を変更した際に、Microsoft Teams クライアント側に情報の変更が反映されるまでに時間がかかるため、サインアウト、サインインを行うと変更後の情報を確認することが出来た。情報の反映を確認するために都度サインアウト、サインインを行うことは不便なため、Microsoft Teams クライアント側でユーザー情報変更後の反映をリアルタイムで更新、確認できるようにしてほしい。
    When the user display name and department etc are changed in Microsoft 365 Administration Center, it takes time for the information to be reflected on Microsoft Teams client side so we sign out and sign in again to get the information reflected. But having to sign out and in everytime to check if the information has been reflected is inconvenient, please make it so that reflection of user information on Microsoft…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. View bookmark for Saved messages

I appreciate the new Reactions for messages. However, I also rely very heavily on Saving messages. Since adding the new Reactions, the bookmark for saved messages is no longer visible on the message without opening the context menu -- this is very inconvenient. Please display the bookmark again on the message! Thanks

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow for multiple windows and improved searching

Allow for multiple windows and improved searching

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Turn off auto-hide

Yesterday was my first experience with autohide for "unused" teams. When I undid the autohide, I had to resort all those hidden teams manually (I keep my teams sorted alphabetically, which Teams makes us do manually for some crazy reason. Anyway, UX first principles...Teams shouldn't determine FOR ME what's "unused" and needs to be autohidden. Particularly if it makes me redo work. I barely have the time to learn how to use teams and convince others to use it. Don't sink your own ship by taking away user control. Listen to your UX team!

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Teams and channel navigation could be improved

We have many Teams in our organisation and as such we apply our notifications to Teams and channels accordingly and work off our "Activity" tab.
    When a post appears in the "activity" tab you click it and get taken to the correct channel. However, there is no way back from this screen (Activity feed on left, ruight hand panel = channel conversations) to the main Team/General channel/Team list of channels.

You have to click "Teams" in the tabbed interface, find the team and then click into the other channels.

Previously you could breadcrumb to the Team, from the channel's conversation:…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Reply

Often, the <--Reply appears hidden behind the "Start a new conversation" field. This results in forking conversations rather than keeping all under a single topic thread.

Could the Reply button move out where we already expect to see Conversation tools?

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Mobile app dark theme respect system dark theme toggle

iOS and Android both have native system dark themes now. The Teams app should respect the system dark theme toggle like the Outlook mobile app does. Eg when the system dark theme is activated, the Teams dark theme should be automatically be activated and vice versa.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make plain text the default paste option

Ctrl+Shift+V for paste as plain text is not discoverable (I only found it after coming here and searching for suggestions to upvote to add support for pasting in plain text).

For an instant messenger, plain text really should be the default paste option--there are many of the "paste as plain text" suggestions in which others have commented to this effect.

This suggestion is to:
    1. Make pasting in plain text the default (Ctrl + V) option.
    2. Add context menu option(s) (similar to in MS Word) for other paste options (currently, I believe this would be one option to include…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. More than 15 pinned conversations

Why limit it to 15 pinned conversations? are we in the 80's? we should be able to pin any number of conversations. Now, I can't find with my team.

Teams is supposed to make our life better not hate the product.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Have the Teams list automatically sort so that teams with new messages are at the top of the list

Have the ability to sort the Teams list so that teams with recent posts / messages are at the top of your list. This will save having to scroll up and down the list of teams to see if any teams have new messages / posts.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 66 67
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base