Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Be able to move people's videos to top instead of bottom of screen (when someone is screen sharing a presentation)

When in a group meeting, everyone's video screen appears at the bottom when someone is presenting their screen. It would be nice to be able to drag it to the top of the window instead. That's also where the webcam usually sits so it's better to be looking more directly into the camera (instead of halfway down the screen)

430 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

86 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow the speaker/host to be displayed (video) while sharing the screen.

Zoom allows the speaker to be displayed while screen sharing his/her screen. Want to have the ability to resize the shared screen AND the speaker's video window. It's important for American Sign Language signers. Once screen-shared, the speaker just collapsed into audio version/window. There should be an elegant way to preserve the speaker's video window and shared screen window at the same Teams interface window.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When in a teams meeting - I would like to see both participants and chat at the same time

When in a teams meeting - I would like to see both participants and chat at the same time. Right now - its one or the other. in Skype for Business meetings - that was not the case, we could see chat and participants in one view

418 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve reply to channel and reply to thread usability

People accidentally reply to channel when they should be replying to a thread. This makes the channel a mess. Improve the usability aspect of this making it more intuitive to reply to the thread one is reading right now!

130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Multiple accounts on desktop app

Tems should have the option "add account" on desktop app. We need to have multiple accounts without loggin out.

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. possibility to open teams on Multiple windows (especially when using multiple screens)

Hi team,

As a Ms teams professional user (especially if using multiple screens), i'd like to have the possibility to open different features on different windows so i can multitask simple way using the ALT+TAB feature for example.

Ex:
    1. Chatting with a colleague and need to copy/past an information from another chat without losing the focus on the conversation
    2. i am on a meeting, and i want to let it open on a different screen and open a chat (or simply the calendar view to see next meetings)
    3... etc etc...

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Disable screen capture

Prohibit attendees from taking print screens / screen grabs of what is being presented in Microsoft Teams (similar to how you can't take a screen shot of a rights protected email - the screen goes black).

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Combine multiple threads - or at least improve the UI

People who are new to Teams almost reliably start new conversations instead of adding to threads. In other words, the context goes missing - which is one of the key elements that make Teams so powerful.

Multiple requests to combine threads have been declined here. I can only imagine that technical reasons are the source of the declines, because many people and organizations are dealing with this issue.

Therefore I'm repeating the request - and if the decision "at this point" is still the same, then please put some effort into the UI to make it clear (!!!) to people…

286 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Upload your own company branding into Teams background effects.

It would be great to be able to upload company branding to the new background effects so users can choose an effect that has their company's branding on and it would be available across the organisation.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Move the "Share Content" button away from the "Leave" button

In the new meeting experience, is it possible to move the "Share Content" button further from the "Leave" button? Or to place a section-break in between? We only just updated this week and I've heard at least 4 stories of users going to share their screen but being a bit too quick with the mouse and clicking "Leave" by mistake.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Additional Streaming Layouts for Team Live Events

currently you can choose between two streaming layouts (e.g. full screen or screen beside cam).
    There would be so many cool other layout options to improve live events e.g.:
    - Two speaker side by side (split screen)
    - presentation on the left but two speaker on the right
    - 4 speaker on screen
    - large cam, small screen sharing content

Whatever the ideas are endless, but currently this is really limiting some streaming experience, for example if you have two speakers debating something I want to show both, but I can't.

235 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Chat / Contacts List Dropdown menu

I had found the Contacts View, ... then you went and changed it to hide the word Contacts under a Drop down menu that says Chat... Took me 10 minutes to realize you didnt take away the Contacts List, but rather just hid it with non-intuitive UI. revert back to how you had them side by side before... or make Contacts it's own Tab... you should be able to POP OUT Contacts & Chats , to make it look like a small Skype window for people who liked it like that.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add ability to add and change the display order of items on the screen when checking the status of assignments on Teams

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams の課題の状態を確認する画面で表示順の変更や項目の追加を行う機能
    Add ability to add and change the display order of items on the screen when checking the status of assignments on Teams

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams の課題の状態を確認する画面では、名前と状態でのソートのみ可能なため、表示順の変更や項目の追加を行う機能の実装を要望します

It is currently only possible to sort by name and status, so please add the ability to add extra items and to change the display order of the items on the screen when checking the status of assignments on Teams

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Open Chat windows separately

Open Chat windows separately. This is very poor implementation of chat in MS TEAMS, as all proper communication tools that exist in the market have this feature. It allows for multiple chats to be viewed simultaneously. When is MS TEAMS dev team going to fix this glaring gap?

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Multiple active windows for teams.....

Need to be able to have multiple "tabs/windows" open at the same time -- multiple chat windows, would be great. Also, the ability to leave video meeting screen up, and chat in the background...

I know this has been requested -- I just could not find the thread

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. It's Microsoft Windows - so, could we have multiple windows?

Please? It can't be hard to have multiple windows, since it's possible to access the same Teams account from multiple computers at the same time.

120 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Maintain contacts list collapsed groups

I have many groups of Contacts, in which each group has several contacts depending on the organisation I am dealing with.

In Skype for Business, whenever I collapse groups it always stays the same. Even when I terminate Skype and log back in, it seems to hold the same collapsed groups.

This is not the case in Teams. Every time I move away from the Contacts list and I return, it opens up all the groups. So it becomes a nuisance to collapse them each time.

Please implement the same functionality in Teams as is seen in SfB.

Many thanks!

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Easier Mute!

The keyboard shortcut for Mute is presently Ctrl-Shift-'M'. This is inconvenient for a feature that is used frequently, especially in a meeting with many participants. The keyboard shortcut could be changed to simply 'M' for easy, one-handed operation. Also, consider making the mute status peristently shown, and clearer, e.g. make the mute button background red, if mute is on.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Multi-window "pop outs" for calendar, teams, files in teams etc.

The UI for managing multiple items across the Teams app is lacking at the moment.

There is the inability to have multi-windows for the channels, calendars, teams etc which can make working on several documents or viewing several different items at once, difficult.

It would be great if we could have "pop out" windows, that have been implemented for chats, across the other elements of teams.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Automatic dark mode switching

Dark mode should have a 'system default' option, so that the Teams app on Android and iOS switches on/off the dark mode when the system switches it on/off.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 94 95
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base