Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make the design and layout more compact

Please make the design and layout more compact

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create a separate chat window in Teams

Instead of having to select the Chat category within teams and using the large teams screen, I would like to have a separate chat window as well as Chat Icon at the bottom toolbar.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. View bookmark for Saved messages

I appreciate the new Reactions for messages. However, I also rely very heavily on Saving messages. Since adding the new Reactions, the bookmark for saved messages is no longer visible on the message without opening the context menu -- this is very inconvenient. Please display the bookmark again on the message! Thanks

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Multiple chat windows Multitask

Feature from Skype for business when I am in a meeting where screen share is occurring I typically like to continue to engage with chat discussions with people that are not part of that current running meeting. With Teams you have to stay in the share or the chat session directly and not able to easily to multi-task. The best thing I could say is needed is ability to pop out a chat window with additional members without having to flip back and forth so I can put my meeting that is shared on a 2nd monitor while being able…

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When in a teams meeting - I would like to see both participants and chat at the same time

When in a teams meeting - I would like to see both participants and chat at the same time. Right now - its one or the other. in Skype for Business meetings - that was not the case, we could see chat and participants in one view

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Turn off auto-hide

Yesterday was my first experience with autohide for "unused" teams. When I undid the autohide, I had to resort all those hidden teams manually (I keep my teams sorted alphabetically, which Teams makes us do manually for some crazy reason. Anyway, UX first principles...Teams shouldn't determine FOR ME what's "unused" and needs to be autohidden. Particularly if it makes me redo work. I barely have the time to learn how to use teams and convince others to use it. Don't sink your own ship by taking away user control. Listen to your UX team!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Reply

Often, the <--Reply appears hidden behind the "Start a new conversation" field. This results in forking conversations rather than keeping all under a single topic thread.

Could the Reply button move out where we already expect to see Conversation tools?

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make Planner (and other apps) sticky to the sidebar.

I do a lot of work across teams and I want to click into Planner just like Chat or Activity to easily see all tasks across teams. Sortable by priority/due date pls.

257 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Too much wasted space used, you need a compact view with the ability to hide the side bar, pictures and the chat field is way too wide.

Too much wasted space used, you need a compact view with the ability to hide the side bar, pictures and the chat field is way too wide.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Standalone 'Chat' Interface

While I understand that one goal of Teams is to bring all of the tools under one UX, Microsoft should consider allowing for a break out of the 'Chat' tool for user experience. While there are a number of use cases, one simple example of need is where something is being edited or viewed in the teams UX and a 'Chat' comes in, if the user clicks to view the chat, they lose their place in whatever file or video they were viewing their their other respective channel. The preference would be to have chat in one window, and the…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make plain text the default paste option

Ctrl+Shift+V for paste as plain text is not discoverable (I only found it after coming here and searching for suggestions to upvote to add support for pasting in plain text).

For an instant messenger, plain text really should be the default paste option--there are many of the "paste as plain text" suggestions in which others have commented to this effect.

This suggestion is to:
    1. Make pasting in plain text the default (Ctrl + V) option.
    2. Add context menu option(s) (similar to in MS Word) for other paste options (currently, I believe this would be one option to include…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. More than 15 pinned conversations

Why limit it to 15 pinned conversations? are we in the 80's? we should be able to pin any number of conversations. Now, I can't find with my team.

Teams is supposed to make our life better not hate the product.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Usage of Teams once, breaks ability to use Skype

Dear Admins, please get on the same page as your design teams and support staff, they’re giving users contradicting information.

I just had a conversation with Microsoft Support about the ability for a Skype user to talk to a Teams user…basically at this time there is no such thing as interoperability despite their documentation regarding coexistence modes.

The very minute a user even tries Teams just once…they break the ability to use Skype to talk to you if you’re using Teams. Apparently it’s been in this broken state for months and is “by design.”

Here’s the quote from the rep,…

129 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Controll "Hidden teams"

I would like to make the users can control enable or disable "Hidden teams" on Teams.
    When the user have a lot of teams, some teams are hidden automatically. And the user need to clink on "Hidden teams", then he/she can find it.
    Actually, the user feels the inconvenience about this design because he needs to click on every time to find those teams.
    So, if there is any way to disable "Hidden teams"(Which means showing all teams), it will be more user friendly.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Having a tabbed access that enable to open multiple team session.

able to open multiple team session via tab. this will be useful as we collaborate on multiple subject with different teams

97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Notifications Sounds PLEASEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Please enable the option of sounds for notifications! I don't pay any attention to the bar, and there are users out there who completely hide it. Most of the time I don't realize someone has sent me a message until an hour later.

It completely defeats the purpose of having this feature. Can you please enable notifications the same way it is for Skype Business?

Thanks!

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Uploading Files

Whenever I upload a file that takes some time, I often leave the chat that I am uploading the file to. It would be nice to have some sort of notification/setting that when the file is uploaded it notifies you. OR it just automatically sends when the upload is complete. Too often, I forget about the file I was sending until later in the day.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Indentation on sub-replies in conversation / threads

When replying to someone else's reply to an OP in a thread, show this 'sub conversation' indented with the option to collapse/expand (as many other platforms / social networks do.)

This makes larger conversations/discussions more easily navigable.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Separate Individual chats from Meeting chats

One of the biggest issues I have with Teams is individual chats getting lost among the meeting chats. Many of the meetings are things we get pulled into that I don't care about to start with. Manually having to hide 5-10 of these a day is tedious. When I'm on the Chat tab, I'd like to see individual chats. When I'm on the Meetings tab, I would expect to see Meeting chats. If nothing else, maybe a dropdown filter to choose which chats to show on the Chat tab would suffice.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Customize Sidebar

I would really like the ability to choose which apps go in the sidebar. It just makes sense.

225 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 62 63
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.