Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Chats & Channels Need a Pop Out Option

While working on a document and also chatting with teammates it would be invaluable to have a pop-out option for chat. Ideally we should be able to pop out the individual chat, the entire chat window, and even teams or channels. This would allow for a more efficient day.

177 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

24 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Usage of Teams once, breaks ability to use Skype

Dear Admins, please get on the same page as your design teams and support staff, they’re giving users contradicting information.

I just had a conversation with Microsoft Support about the ability for a Skype user to talk to a Teams user…basically at this time there is no such thing as interoperability despite their documentation regarding coexistence modes.

The very minute a user even tries Teams just once…they break the ability to use Skype to talk to you if you’re using Teams. Apparently it’s been in this broken state for months and is “by design.”

Here’s the quote from the rep,…

125 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Multiple chat windows Multitask

Feature from Skype for business when I am in a meeting where screen share is occurring I typically like to continue to engage with chat discussions with people that are not part of that current running meeting. With Teams you have to stay in the share or the chat session directly and not able to easily to multi-task. The best thing I could say is needed is ability to pop out a chat window with additional members without having to flip back and forth so I can put my meeting that is shared on a 2nd monitor while being able…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Having a tabbed access that enable to open multiple team session.

able to open multiple team session via tab. this will be useful as we collaborate on multiple subject with different teams

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Compact mode

I really like Teams. I do. But the current chat layout is not suited for professional chats. It's way to space consuming. It looks like something imported from MSN with smiley's that take half of the screen. I would say that Slack have nailed it because they focused on the ability keeping a tight window with lots of chat text visible. In Teams the window is full and starts scrolling after like 10 sentences.

9,595 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1125 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Customize Applications within Sidebar (Drag-and-Drop)

I'd like the ability to have full control over how the sidebar is organized. Currently, you have to click the 3 ellipses to view any connected apps as well as access them. Maybe have the list scrollable or drag-and-drop the applications into any order and snap into place. Maybe integrate the ability to unlock and lock the sidebar view so you don't accidentally reorganize the app list unintentionally.

147 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Reply

Often, the <--Reply appears hidden behind the "Start a new conversation" field. This results in forking conversations rather than keeping all under a single topic thread.

Could the Reply button move out where we already expect to see Conversation tools?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make Planner (and other apps) sticky to the sidebar.

I do a lot of work across teams and I want to click into Planner just like Chat or Activity to easily see all tasks across teams. Sortable by priority/due date pls.

122 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Rename Microsoft Teams (the entire application)

I cringe every time I hear the phrase "Microsoft Teams Team."

Of all the words in the English language Microsoft could have used to name the application, they chose one of the few guaranteed to maximize end-user confusion.

Calling it "Teams" makes about as much sense as re-branding the Microsoft Word application as "Microsoft Word Documents" or renaming the SharePoint platform "Microsoft SharePoint Sites."

It gets worse when you consider that many work groups already have the word "team" in their title: Inside Sales Team, New Business Team, Customer Care Team, etc.

Or what if you're like me, and you…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Link to OneNote app does not work when pasting link of OneNote multi-byte page title

Link to OneNote app does not work when pasting link of OneNote multi-byte page title

When I get a page link with OneNote (not Winows app) in Office 365 ProPlus and post it on Teams, the link does not work properly. (Web View works)
    This behavior works fine with Outlook email text, so I want the Teams client to handle the link as well.

Reference: Japanese support team announcements
    https://answers.microsoft.com/ja-jp/msoffice/forum/all/%E6%97%A5%E6%9C%AC%E8%AA%9E%E3%82%92%E5%90%AB/9aa134f7-16d5-402f-9908-a9057705c54b

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Separate Individual chats from Meeting chats

One of the biggest issues I have with Teams is individual chats getting lost among the meeting chats. Many of the meetings are things we get pulled into that I don't care about to start with. Manually having to hide 5-10 of these a day is tedious. When I'm on the Chat tab, I'd like to see individual chats. When I'm on the Meetings tab, I would expect to see Meeting chats. If nothing else, maybe a dropdown filter to choose which chats to show on the Chat tab would suffice.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Dark mode

Please add a dark mode on iOS!

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Customize Sidebar

I would really like the ability to choose which apps go in the sidebar. It just makes sense.

126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Move Like Button

UI update. The Like button is good but needs to be moved outside of the chat box. the current setup prevents coping the chat. example attached.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Quick Hide and Hide All Conversations

Currently in Teams it takes two mouse clicks to close a chat conversation. In Skype there is a "X" to close the conversation. This results in a single mouse click to close out a conversation window.
    This makes it easy to rapidly close out any open conversatations you are finished with. It would be nice to have this same function in Teams.
    The X could go either to the left of the CHAT name or next to the "...".

Also it is very easy for your "RECENT CHAT" tab to get filled up with several conversations and takes a long…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make the "New Conversation" and expanded compose UI optional

## TL;DR  

In channels, I would prefer the option of a plain text field that spans the width of the window, by default.  The tiny "New conversation" button that opens a rich text editor is worse for me in 95% of situations.  

## Details  

On desktop, my team recently started seeing a change in Channels from an "always-on" compose element at the bottom of the right/chat pane to a smaller "New conversation" button that displays a larger version of the compose ui.  

This change seems to have made auto-scroll clunkier, and also to have introduced a bunch of wasted space…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Too much wasted space used, you need a compact view with the ability to hide the side bar, pictures and the chat field is way too wide.

Too much wasted space used, you need a compact view with the ability to hide the side bar, pictures and the chat field is way too wide.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Pop-out option when viewing a screen share

The screen share window currently must remain within the teams desktop application window. When I am involved viewing a screen share, it would be nice to be able to pop out the sharing window so that I can continue to use the teams application for other chats and such. This would let me use other monitors that have more space to effectively view the screen share without needing to move my teams window from the location i normally display it.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Stop reaction emoji choice from showing when hovering over message

We're super happy that we finally can have more than just the "thumbs up" reaction. That came out of nowhere today!

Saying that, please, please, please immediately/ASAP change, so that reaction choices don't pop-up when hovering over a message. I do like Teams and am a big advocate for it in the office, but sorry, that one's terrible and super distracting! The choice only should come up when either clicking on or hovering over the "reaction button". Thanks in advance.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add message subject without being in the exanded compose dialog

Being able to add a thread subject in the expanded compose dialog is nice, but it's not obvious (i.e. a good number of people don't realize subjects are available) and it takes extra time to compose a message with a subject. It would be nice if the subject could be added in the simple compose dialog (and with some markdown flag).

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 55 56
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base