Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Poor performance on Windows

The system takes a lot of the computer resources and slows down the overall performance of the pc

1,142 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

working on it  ·  158 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reliability issues: crashing, hanging, freezing

Literally Teams will crash 5 or 6 times a day. Hugely annoying and unproductive.

841 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  343 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. In Teams chat, improve the time lag between posting a message and being blocked by DLP.

We have introduced DLP in Teams chat. However, there is a time lag between posting a message and being blocked by DLP. The time lag is about 5 to 20 seconds. Until it's blocked, the recipient sees the message you want to prevent. This time lag is fatal to prevent the leakage of sensitive information. We call for urgent improvement.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. In Teams chat, DLP policy doesn't work when editing after posting. I want you to improve DLP so that it works even after editing.

In Teams chat, if I send a message once, then edit the posted message and repost it, the DLP policy does not work.
    In the first post, even if the DLP policy blocks sensitive information, if you edit the message and repost it, the DLP policy will no longer block it.
    Since DLP should be a data loss prevention solution, DLP policies should work after editing.
    I would like to request urgent improvement.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Delete, archive, or hide multiple assignments

I would like to clean up my class Teams account. I think the ideal would be to sort assignments into quarters and hide the ones I don't need right now. A minimum would be to delete the old ones- although it would be nice to keep them for the next quarter in case of disputes about grades. I know I can delete them one at a time, but it would be nice to do in batches.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Poor performance on MacOS

I can't use teams with out it lagging severely. When I go and look at the processes running, It always looks like the 'helper' is taking up crazy amounts of CPU and it lags out the application to the point of it almost being unusable.

I've tried closing the application, rebooting, re-installing, checking for updates, etc.. nothing works.

I'm on macOS Mojave 10.14.2

1,681 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

474 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow custom background images to appear before Microsoft default background images

Allow custom background images to appear before Microsoft default background images

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Multi-tasking and Notifications

I am a student and have enjoyed using Teams, and I think it has many great features; however, I would like to suggest how it even further enhance the experience. Unlike most applications, Teams only allows you to view one screen at a time. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we have resorted to conducting school online. That ability to only view one screen at a time has proved to be less than desirable because most of my teachers will post a resource in the form of a PDF and then a separate document to answer questions. I have to close…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Create policy to control "remove users from group chat"

there is no option that could control "remove users from group chat". If i don't want user remove other group members in group chat, i have no option to do this policy. Please help design this policy in Teams

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. be able to pause/freeze screen while in live sharing screen mode

be able to pause/freeze screen while in live sharing screen mode

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Microsoft Teams is using a lot of data, it's data usage is too high, Microsoft Teams can get better with low data usage in long meeting.

Microsoft Teams is using a lot of data in a short period of time, it's data usage is too high, Microsoft Teams can get better with low data usage in long meeting.
    Please make a solution on this.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Teams Insanely Slow If Video Used

Teams - and Windows - becomes incredibly slow once video or desktop sharing is enabled. This is on a Surface Pro 7, Core i7, 16 GB RAM. 25-35% CPU usage by Teams. Even get audio cut-outs. Note that I have Bluetooth speakers, in case that is affecting anything.

Are you using software video decoding instead of hardware? I can't understand why this is so insanely slow. Everything is slow to tap in Teams.

It's been like this for a while, but it's appearing WORSE lately.

Perhaps add a hardware decoding feature?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. contact groups

Contact Groups within Teams should have an automated button that starts a group chat with that contact group, similar to tags.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Switch between accounts

Give teams the ability to switch between accounts. I have to log in and out everytime I want to change accounts that represent different companies. Also, if it was more integrated with outlook, it would make my life better.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow using Large Gallery View's single video feed in smaller meetings

TL;DR: Allow using the LGV even in small meetings to get the benefit of downloading a single video stream instead of several, when the available bandwidth can't handle several streams.

There's several places where the Internet connection has very small bandwidth, or is very spotty. Our kids' school uses Teams and creates meetings with at most 6 pre-school/elementary grade students at a time. This means the option to use Large Gallery View is disabled for them, and almost every time they have issues because they each see 1, 2 or 3 video feeds from the other participants (but video is…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. MS Teams version details for tenant

We liked to check the team client version in our tenant. Noticed many users has diff version of Teams client and the new features missing. because of this some users are facing different kind of issues. EX : Meeting joining.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Audio Enhancement for Musicians/Bands

Thousands of band, chorus, and orchestra directors are teaching music virtually via Microsoft Teams. I would like to have the option to prioritize audio bandwidth, rather than video, and also be given the ability to disable echo cancellation to accommodate music’s broad dynamic ranges. Currently, it is impossible for multiple musicians to unmute themselves and perform together, which means my classes of 50+ students are never going to be able to use this program with more than one person unmuted at a time.
    Lastly, and I'm not sure if this is even possible, but timing for audio seems to be…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bulk Hide older chats

I think bulk closing older chats will make teams faster. i suspect having all of these old chats available and visible makes teams slower.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Improve Teams admin center interface

If we slit up/down when we mouse over the navigation bar in the Teams admin center, the unfolded menu will show up on the wrong position. If we zoom out the interface, the position of the menu will be reset.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Same features as desktop should be on phone also

The entire control over teams should be with the user...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 37 38
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base