Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix unnecessary activation of discrete GPU on MacBook Pro again

Fix unnecessary activation of discrete GPU on MacBook Pro again. Seems to be regression on version 1.2.00.13765

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

30 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Clear local cache button

Teams has a bunch of difference local caches and temp files that just continually grow forever in %appdata%\Microsoft\teams. It would be great to have a button that would wipe out all the local cache and temp files in this folder. Doing it manually has a very noticeable performance gain throughout teams.

As it stands, I'm going to write a powershell script to run on all the workstations I manage periodically to close teams and clean this up as a refresh of teams.

161 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. scroll performance - messages are grey boxes before rendering

scroll lag : scrolling performance (i.e. to previous messages in a chat/channel) is much worse than expected - messages don't render for a noticeable period of time

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. ALLOW ME TO UNINSTALL THE PROGRAM

ALLOW ME TO UNINSTALL THIS STUPID PROGRAM I HATE IT I NEVER USE IT OR USED THE OLD VERSION, IT AUTO INSTALLED WHICH IS AN INVASION OF MY PRIVACY AND I WANT IT GONE

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. video calls

When I do the video calls, the video of other person, shared screen eveything shows up in a single monitor. It should be allowed to see the video and screen sharing in two different monitors, like Skype. This is one of most feature I do not like it at all.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Battery usage on Windows 10

There are many comments and ideas about battery usage on IOS and Android but I've noticed that the battery usage on my laptop has increased somewhat.

When I go to Start > Settings > System > Battery > 'See which apps are affecting your battery life' and change period to 1 week i can see that Microsoft Teams is using 31% of battery. Second place is Outlook with 14% so its definitely an issue.

Interestingly, i use Outlook all day, every day heavily and its only using that much battery. Teams is always in my sys stray and i rarely…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. FIX the connection problems

Fix the re-connection issues, constantly experiencing these connection delays is a nightmare.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Reduce Memory Usage

Microsoft Teams is currently the most RAM consuming application on my Windows 7 Professional Laptop. I would expect there is room for improvement.

125 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. It is a memory hog.

Don't even have to use it. Just leave it idle, nd memory usage keeps creeping up. Currently it sits at 930MB.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Teams uses 600MB and is super slow!

Quotes from various users about memory usage and slow performance:

"Team is a memory hog! 100s MB! Slack is about 50."

"The memory consumption is over 300MB!!! This should be a priority."

"Just started evaluating teams, 500+ MB and 10-15% CPU. This is in a citrix VDI. Does teams use hardware rendering? If so is there a way to turn it off? I had to do this with the rest of Office."

"I dont understand why my Teams application only uses 70MB when other people in my organization are towards half a gig! What is causing this Teams?"

"Make it…

6,501 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

569 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Performance has been and continues to be a big focus area for Teams. One main area we have made improvements in is responsiveness for the most frequent user actions of switching between Chat, Channel, and Activity. We are also focused on reducing resource consumption and application load time. More improvements are on the way.

~Alex

11. Teams Chat folder should not take up mailbox storage space or users should be able to archive it.

We have users with F1 licensing which means they only have 2GB of storage space available. now that we've implemented Teams, users mailboxes are filling up....because of the hidden and inaccessible Teams Chat folder in Conversation History. If they try to use mailbox cleanup, this hidden folder doesn't show up as an option for them to clean up or archive this folder. It's not easy for admins to access it to clear it either. This is a problem.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Improve copying data from Teams

Copying data out of teams works very poorly. As soon as I mouse over a short piece of text, like an ID number, it changes to three ellipses, with the ribbon and thumb. I can no longer select the text I want with my mouse! This is very poor design.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. configure polling rate so it doesn’t kill my battery

Teams is responsible for half my battery drain. So I disabled polling for new updates, but I wouldn’t mind a much lower rate of polling.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enable adding links to websites etc. in files

To be able to include links to websites/pages within folders as disctinct 'files'

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Slow, slow and slow... :/

It is is just too slow :/

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Performance improvement

Make the app work more fluently, quicker. This applies to all features: search option, loading history of chats etc... currently I use the word crappyish to describe it

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Performance Improvements

Kaizala is one of the fastest apps for instant messing, outpacing even WhatsApp. It would be great if Teams chat worked as quickly. I also have performance problems when on Android, the teams app simply never recieved messages when the app is closed. It is allowed to work in the background, but still nothing.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. File Download logs in Office 365 audit logs not working for Microsoft Teams opened with browsers

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    ブラウザーにて Microsoft Teams を開き、チャットの添付ファイルをダウンロードすると、Office 365 監査ログが取得されない

File Download logs in Office 365 audit logs not working for Microsoft Teams opened with browsers
    ■Description(内容):
    ブラウザーにて Microsoft Teams にアクセスし、[会話] タブのチャット上の添付ファイルの […] から [ダウンロード] をクリックした場合、および [ファイル] タブから添付ファイルを選択し [ダウンロード] をクリックした場合に、Office 365 監査ログの "ファイルのダウンロード" のログが取得されない。
    Microsoft Teams クライアントからチャットの添付ファイルをダウンロードをした場合は、"ファイルのダウンロード" のログが取得される。
    利用条件にかかわらず添付ファイルのダウンロードのログを取得したいため、ブラウザーで Microsoft Teams を利用の場合でもログを取得できるようを改修を要望します。

When performing following actions on Microsoft Teams opened by a browser, the “File Download” logs won’t be fetched in Office 365 audit logs.
    -Go to “Conversations” tab>select an attachment on chats and click […]>click “Download”.
    -Go to “File” tab>select an attachment>click “Download”.
    “File Download” logs can be…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow checking the number of users in user activity in Teams on a monthly basis

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Teams のユーザー アクティビティのユーザーの数を月単位で確認できるようにしたい

Allow checking the number of users in user activity in Teams on a monthly basis
    ■Description(内容):
    現在、Teams のユーザー アクティビティのユーザーの数が Daily でしか確認できないようになっているため、Monthly で確認できるよう機能の拡充を希望します。

Currently, the number of users in Teams' user activity can only be verified in Daily, so we would like to be able to verify it in Monthly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.