Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pop out video for DHH student's ASL Interpreter

Our deaf and hard of hearing students can not see their interpreter well once the teacher uses screen share/presents because the video of the interpreter shrinks too small. Please have an option to select and pop out a participant. This is the sole reason our district is allowing the DHH team to use Zoom instead. However we have DHH students in non-DHH classes with hearing students and that teacher is required to use Teams for synchronous learning. Please add this accessibility for our DHH students so they can join ALL classrooms.

513 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. MAKE SUBTITLES/LIVE CAPTIONS ALWAYS AVAILABLE

My colleague is deaf - at present we have to ask for the meeting host to check the box to allow for subtitles/live captions to work in a meeting. If they forget or do it wrong - it means my colleague is unable to follow a meeting.

Why is this an option? Live captions should always be available for those that require them.

MAKE SUBTITLES/LIVE CAPTIONS ALWAYS AVAILABLE - not on an 'opt in basis'

108 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. increase the number of lines for the Live Captions

Can we increase the number of lines for the "Live Captions" option in Teams video calls? The default is only two lines.
    And as they also move quite fast, making it very difficult for the user to follow the conversation.
    This is particularly important to deliver an inclusive and accessible work environment

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Change font color in e-mail generated by missed Teams chat

We need the ability to change the font color of text within the e-mail generated by a missed Teams chat. The text font found in the body of the message is white which makes it very hard to read. There should be a way to change the default font color for these email notifications or standardize using a darker font color.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Multiple Windows open @ once

It would be nice to be able to open multiple windows of Teams at once. For example: a chat window, a Teams window, a planner window all at the same time.

204 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Media keys affecting Teams web app.

Scenario:
    I am listening to music.
    I have teams opened in a Chrome tab.
    I press pause/play to stop the music playback.

I expect music to stop playing.
    Actually music continues to play and Teams web app is starting to call whoever is on my teams tab.

I would like the Teams app to be unaffected by media keys or at least have an option to toggle their interactivity.

248 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Raised hand reminder

people often forget that the raised hand icon is still raised after saying what they wanted to. So the suggestion is to either deactivate the icon after it is detected that the person has spoken or simply flash a reminder to the person that your hand is still raised, put down or keep raised

138 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. User Setting to define how many video windows to display.

Visually impaired staff have found the move to a 3 x 3 grid problematic as they find it harder to see the images. Could there be a user defined setting which enables people to determine whether they wish to display 2x2, 3x3 grid plus whatever it ends up moving to.

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow live captions to work during screen sharing

I was part of a "Accessibility in Teams and Immersive Reader for All" live training and the live captions did not work. The moderator told me it was because the person was going to be screen sharing.
    I tried it later myself and they were right, it doesn't work, at least from the hosts side. I didn't have anyone else on with me.
    They still could have had the captions on when they weren't screen sharing...
    I have multiple Deaf and Hard of Hearing coworkers as well as D/HH students who could benefit from this.

175 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Visual Pod for use by Sign Language Interpreter

Please add a visual pod that can locked in place to show a sign language interpreter. The captioning is good, but our Deaf and Hard of Hearing community has indicated that an interpreter does better and allow for indication when the speaker has changed.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Links should be underlined by default

Underlined links are an important accessibility issue especially for people who are colorblind. Links should be underlined by default, not just on hover.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Keyboard shortcut for mute/unmute microphone

A setting to make use of a keyboard to fast mute/unmute your microphone, this is a very good quality of live feature

470 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add Live Captions to the Desktop Teams App

I met with a director at a large corporation. Her company uses Microsoft Teams for video calls.

Fortunately, I knew Teams doesn't have live automatic captions in web browsers. They require the app.

The first time we met, I clicked her Teams link for the call. It wouldn't let me in because I'm an outsider. I worked around it by using a web browser.

Thankfully, she was easy to lipread and we moved on.

Next week, I'm presenting to her company. So, we researched the issue and planned a test to figure out how to get the captions. She had…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Multiple Screen sharing option

Multiple Screen Share options or better management of screen share on conference calls

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Request Control button - move, add confirmation, or allow undo

I've got tremors, and the Request Control button is way too easy to hit when I want to look at the chat or participants list

Please move the button, add a confirmation, or allow the request to be withdrawn.

171 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Color Coding

Can we color code the calendar with our categories like we do in Outlook?

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. While Presenting a Powerpoint Presentation, we need the pointer options

Please give Pointer Options while presenting a Powerpoint Presentation

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. autocorrect in chat

In Chat, please could we set up autocorrect words for frequently used words or frequent mistakes - like we can in Office docs.Or could Teams use the Office autocorrect list? For instance, when typing in a hurry on a UK keyboard I often type "can;t" instead of "can't". I'd love autocorrect to fix this automatically for me - it works in Outlook as I've set up a correction.

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Request Access bar Color

My suggestion is that, when you request control on a screen sharing, the "Allow" tab the presenter gets should be in different color , it should pop up in some vibrant color, like it was in Skype.

Many a times the presenter does not notice that the access is requested.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 129 130
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base