Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pop out video for DHH student's ASL Interpreter

Our deaf and hard of hearing students can not see their interpreter well once the teacher uses screen share/presents because the video of the interpreter shrinks too small. Please have an option to select and pop out a participant. This is the sole reason our district is allowing the DHH team to use Zoom instead. However we have DHH students in non-DHH classes with hearing students and that teacher is required to use Teams for synchronous learning. Please add this accessibility for our DHH students so they can join ALL classrooms.

454 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Notification sounds

Pleas add the option to change notification sounds. When a notification sounds i dont know if its on my laptop or my wife's laptop

170 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. User Setting to define how many video windows to display.

Visually impaired staff have found the move to a 3 x 3 grid problematic as they find it harder to see the images. Could there be a user defined setting which enables people to determine whether they wish to display 2x2, 3x3 grid plus whatever it ends up moving to.

110 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Multiple Windows open @ once

It would be nice to be able to open multiple windows of Teams at once. For example: a chat window, a Teams window, a planner window all at the same time.

142 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow live captions to work during screen sharing

I was part of a "Accessibility in Teams and Immersive Reader for All" live training and the live captions did not work. The moderator told me it was because the person was going to be screen sharing.
    I tried it later myself and they were right, it doesn't work, at least from the hosts side. I didn't have anyone else on with me.
    They still could have had the captions on when they weren't screen sharing...
    I have multiple Deaf and Hard of Hearing coworkers as well as D/HH students who could benefit from this.

152 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Raised hand reminder

people often forget that the raised hand icon is still raised after saying what they wanted to. So the suggestion is to either deactivate the icon after it is detected that the person has spoken or simply flash a reminder to the person that your hand is still raised, put down or keep raised

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Links should be underlined by default

Underlined links are an important accessibility issue especially for people who are colorblind. Links should be underlined by default, not just on hover.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Request Control button - move, add confirmation, or allow undo

I've got tremors, and the Request Control button is way too easy to hit when I want to look at the chat or participants list

Please move the button, add a confirmation, or allow the request to be withdrawn.

148 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Request Access bar Color

My suggestion is that, when you request control on a screen sharing, the "Allow" tab the presenter gets should be in different color , it should pop up in some vibrant color, like it was in Skype.

Many a times the presenter does not notice that the access is requested.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please make Teams multi-window

From the company which invented Windows... a single-window productivity application. Really?
    As multi-tasking is the accepted way of operating now, why does it need to take so long for me to switch from one task in Teams to another and back again? Please fix.

124 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Multiple Screen sharing option

Multiple Screen Share options or better management of screen share on conference calls

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Raise Hand Color

The Raise Hand color is the Default - please offer a myriad of color options for POC.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Keyboard shortcut for mute/unmute microphone

A setting to make use of a keyboard to fast mute/unmute your microphone, this is a very good quality of live feature

263 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. autocorrect in chat

In Chat, please could we set up autocorrect words for frequently used words or frequent mistakes - like we can in Office docs.Or could Teams use the Office autocorrect list? For instance, when typing in a hurry on a UK keyboard I often type "can;t" instead of "can't". I'd love autocorrect to fix this automatically for me - it works in Outlook as I've set up a correction.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Delete Chats instead of hide

Delete Chats instead of hide

155 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add the ability to have multiple windows open for chats, teams and channels?

It's very hard to keep track of multiple chats and teams all in one window - and time-consuming to keep navigating between them. It would be really useful to have multiple windows available that we can keep open for chats, teams and channels.

308 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Color Coding

Can we color code the calendar with our categories like we do in Outlook?

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. While Presenting a Powerpoint Presentation, we need the pointer options

Please give Pointer Options while presenting a Powerpoint Presentation

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. caption

Live Meeting Closed Captions scrolling.

The new live closed captions during meetings are awesome!!
    Sometimes people talk extremely fast and the captions scroll away before I can read everything. Would it be possible to make the captioning window larger and add the ability to scroll back and forth?

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Chat and contacts should be in different tabs

Hi Team

Currently, we have chat and contacts under chat icon but it should be split like chat icon and contacts icon to be easily accessable

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 89 90
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base