Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Facepalm like reaction needed

A new set of reactions to substitute like functionality is just great. However what we need is a facepalm emoji reaction to convey the true reactions to many posts - let's make it happen!

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Users added to team line removed

In each general channel a new line gets created for all new users added to a team. Can this line be removed?
    As an example I setup a team and get some posts ready for welcome messages and introductions, then when I add groups of people, after a few lines all my messages have pushed up and off the screen.
    We have one specific team for all in the business and all the threads are getting lost as we add each department/individuals one by one.

460 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. See who attended a meeting vs. accepted the invite

I'd like to know who actually attended a meeting AFTER the meeting is over, vs. a list of who accepted the invitation. Often these two lists do not match. I know that the "Attendees" list is inaccurate as I appeared in an overnight meeting as an attendee, but I know I did not attend the meeting at all.

125 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Go to date in Teams channel

Scrolling in Teams is difficult, especially when going back one or more months in an active Teams Room. Search doesnt allow you to view the entire conversation from a search result either.

It'd be great if in a Teams Room, there was a function to jump to a date on the calendar. Doing so would jump your teams windows to that date of the conversation.

It would save my poor mouse wheel finger quite a lot of work! :)

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. "No One" choice in the lobby.

Please add the "No one" choice to the Meeting Options section, aka. The Lobby.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. -HiddenFromExchangeClientsEnabled = true when created from Teams?

A recent update has changed -HiddenFromExchangeClientsEnabled from default false to default true when Office 365 group is created by Teams. I would like an option for the user who creates the team to set this value upon creation. Our users need to use the O365 group as well as the team created in Teams. With this value set to true they cannot use the email functionality of the O365 group unless I use powershell to change the value every time someone creates a new team in Teams.

This post was created because of a suggestion from support and the information…

576 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Teams language setting Reset Issue.

We apply a Japanese language pack to "Teams", however after Teams Update, the display setting reset to the English on base language. So I would like you to fix it.
    This is because English is set as the display language and the translation function of English can not be used.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add audio prompt when joining Teams meeting that is being Recorded

When Teams client joins a meeting that is being recorded there is no audio prompt to advise the Teams native client participants or host that the meeting is being recorded. You only get a pop-up on the screen and chat window that states meeting is being recorded.

It would be a better user experience if both PSTN/audio only participants and Teams client joined participants both get the same warning that the meeting is being recorded or stopped.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Integrate Microsoft To-Do with Teams

Microsoft To-Do is a Microsoft product that would be convenient to have included with Microsoft Teams as an add-on, tab, etc. Given its purpose, it would also be nice to assign to-do tasks to other team members, or keep track of team's to-dos. The reason why to-do tool is a good add-on to have for Teams is that it is also integrated into Outlook and the entire Office 365 platform. Having to-do tasks sync across Microsoft Teams, Outlook and email would be awesome!

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Have multiple Teams windows

I want to be able to have multiple Teams, chats, etc popped out at the same time. I know this is being explored for Chat, but can we pop out Teams as well?

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. New calls ring while on call

While in a call and another comes in on my DID number or to a call queue I belong to the call rings in my headset and the Teams popup shows the call. It should not ring in my ear - at the very least it should be a lessor intrusive tone. This is more like a call-waiting option that needs to be added. Call Waiting on/off (columns for DID and Queues). More than likely for a call queue you are not going to take another call while in a call. There is a slight possibility you would if it…

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Avoid chaos when you have a lot of teams and keep them findable with team metadata

When you have a lot of teams it becomes chaos and it's hard to find the team you are looking for. The idea is to add metadata to a team when you create it (see the attached images). With this metadata you can filter the list of available teams based on the type of team, owner(s), department, country, office location etc.

The Teams Admin should be able to configure the metadata fields in the Teams Admin Center.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. separate chat window

For better privacy, I would like to have a separate window for each chat, instead of having all the conversations on the home page.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Chat shoudl open as multiple pop up window like skype-helps to see multiple chat in parellel

1. Chat shoudl open as multiple pop up window like skype-helps to see multiple chat in parellel. Currently we cannot see 2 or more chats together . Need to click the person chat each time to swap between persons
    2.Teams should have a mimimze view . Currently it covers the entire desktop.and we cannot work on any other applications if teams is active window. So keep toggle between my tool and teams repeatedly to work. Atleast chat should be like a sparatee side vertical bar window like Skype . So that rest of the desktop area is uncivered and free…

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Inactive Team Policy

Currently, Teams automatically hides Teams which have not been used in more than 45 days (https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&featureid=48621). Be able to create a policy in the TAC or in the client that can both set the number of days to hide inactive Teams (I.e. 7 - 100) and also be able to disable this altogether so inactive Teams are never moved to hidden Teams.

Requested in TC article here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Automatic-hiding-of-Microsoft-Teams-in-more-than-45-days/m-p/767541#M35285

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When a Team is created, prompt the owner to add a 2nd owner.

In the event, they leave the company or go on a leave of absence, etc...

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow "pop-out" for chat conversations

It would be great to be able to "pop out" a chat conversation or multiple chats to be able to view more than one chat at a time. Sometimes I need to refer to a different chat and it is a pain to flip back and forth and lose the place you were when going back and forth. Other messaging platforms that we've used had this feature and it is missed.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Stop moving teams to hidden

Please stop moving teams to the hidden section. This is extremely frustrating and a time drain to put them back. I don't need help managing my list. Or give me at least the functionality to turn this "functionality" off.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. New chat window when in Teams meeting

When you are in a meeting and you want to send an IM/chat that is not related to the meeting/channel that you are in, have Teams open a new window for that chat. Reason: It is difficult to chat with others and still participate in the meeting.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Move chat to team

Sometimes we use chat at early then we join more people in the chat group then it might be manage as team so we need the chat history.
    Can we migrate chat group to team and chat history move to general channel.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 135 136
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.