Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Follow us on Twitter: Official announcements come from our @MicrosoftTeams Twitter handle and often reference our blog at https://TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://M365Roadmap

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. -HiddenFromExchangeClientsEnabled = true when created from Teams?

A recent update has changed -HiddenFromExchangeClientsEnabled from default false to default true when Office 365 group is created by Teams. I would like an option for the user who creates the team to set this value upon creation. Our users need to use the O365 group as well as the team created in Teams. With this value set to true they cannot use the email functionality of the O365 group unless I use powershell to change the value every time someone creates a new team in Teams.

This post was created because of a suggestion from support and the information…

223 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

16 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Users added to team line removed

In each general channel a new line gets created for all new users added to a team. Can this line be removed?
      As an example I setup a team and get some posts ready for welcome messages and introductions, then when I add groups of people, after a few lines all my messages have pushed up and off the screen.
      We have one specific team for all in the business and all the threads are getting lost as we add each department/individuals one by one.

73 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Support for Private Channels

Looking for the ability to create a channel that only channel members can see. Private channels are available in slack. There is an admin for private channels who is the creator, and they are the ones who add/remove users.

Five types of public/privacy that is being asked for by users:

- Public-Open (visible anywhere including outside the org and anyone can join)
        - Public-Invitation (visible anywhere including outside the org, must be invited)
        - Company-Open (only visible inside the org and anyone in the org can join; outside the org must be invited)
        - Company-Invitation (only visible inside the org,…

18,181 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

1552 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Multiple Teams windows open at once

I want to have two or more Teams windows open at the same time, but the desktop version doesn't to that.

208 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • I want to use multiple Teams accounts at the same time

Original user posted:
            I would like to heave this multi-team/tenant option within “MS Teams”, like in Slack. Currently I’m in four different organization. They’re using all office365, three of them now changed from Slack to Teams. I’ve to permanently login/logout to switch to the related MS Team. This is really time consuming.

Another user says:
            We need the ability to sign in with multiple accounts. Many of us have several O365 accounts for various reasons (consulting, etc), and we’d need to be able to access teams directly.
            This is not a federation or B2B scenario, but…

7,686 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

665 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Add Channel Groups

Add the functionality create channel groups. This feature would add much more clarity in big teams with many channels.

Example:

Team Test

Channel 1
              Channel 2
              Channel Group (Development) [Collapsible]
              -> Channel XYZ
              -> Work
              -> etc..

215 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                declined  ·  Warren responded

I hate to bear bad news but this feature request has been declined by the feature team.

-Warren

• rubric option for students grading themself

It would be better if the students can also grade themself with the rubric option so that the teacher can compare his rubric with the one from the student. Hope this would be possible soon.

34 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • To show "seen" status

I would like MS team to show "seen" status in order to track my message is seen by someone.
                  Thanks

37 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Add archiving feature on Teams' posts

Considering that teams channel are sometime used for discussing projects, problems, long term plans, etc. in business regardless of the size. Having the possibility to archive an entire post (and its replies) either in an dedicated archive feature added to teams or give the option to send the post to a different teams / channel ( that would be used for various backup decisions or archiving data) would be a great addition to MS Teams.

This would go hand in hand with the search feature in Teams to easily find old post that would be relevant reference to a new…

39 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Team Planner - Add List View

Would like a table view of the items in Planner as a view option. Section would be the bucket, the deliverable, assigned to, status, etc. When there is a larger project all the tiles can be difficult to see the overall at a glance.

Not sure if this should be in TEams or Planner - or maybe both. I am using Planner primarily with Teams, which is why I am putting it here.

9 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Display the description of the team and channels

Every team and channel has a description that can be entered, yet there doesn't seem to be any way to see that description unless you can edit. How about making the description visible under the title in the right window? Maybe even a setting that allows me to make descriptions visible or not (on/off switch).

113 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Allow existing notebook in Office 365 EDU for Channels

Or at least let me copy sections from an existing notebook to the Teams notebook.
                          Every Notebook in Teams must be unique and not shared by default in any way.
                          I have 30+ teacher teams in Outlook365 Groups and of course they want their teams notebook inside Microsoft Teams as well.

24 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Allow Channel Level Security

Allow Channel level security in addition to Team level security. This will allow for better cross collaboration. Commonly, you will have a set of internal org team members, but projects (channels) may contain external resources. It would be highly useful to simply give guest access at the channel level and once a project is done, simply delete or archive the channel, not have to remove Team guest users every time. This also solves the issue of having a large amount of Teams to control what guest users can see. Instead of 20 teams with different guest in each team, you…

29 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • delete some conversation in the "chat" "conversation"

Unable to delete "conversation" chat. Keep it simple by select the conversation and hit delete key.

Nowhere can be found the way to delete

25 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Conversation Webpart for SharePoint

It would be nice to embed a conversation in SharePoint as it is possible with yammer. This will allow us to create a general Teams with all employess as members with a main channel. This channel should then be shown in our SharePoint Intranet as a news tile (Webpart).

115 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Add Chroma Key green screen feature to Microsoft Teams meetings/recordings, similar to blur feature

Would like to add Chroma Key green screen effect for Microsoft Teams Meet Now meetings and recordings, envision working similar to new Blur feature, want to key out green screen background and replace with an image and/or Microsoft Stream / YouTube video -tg

25 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Toggle graphic when changing team sites

I guess I'm lodging this feedback on behalf of my 4yr old daugher.

In the interest of gender equality, how hard would it be to toggle the person in the graphic when changing team sites (see attached file). My daughter asked why it only shows a bearded man and not a "girl" or "princess". I didn't have a good answer for her.

So I guess ultimately she's asking to see different people/genders toggled in the image when changing team sites. Though to see a princess would be cool....

16 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Allow categorization of replies in Teams conversations

Allow marking a reply in Teams Chat conversations as either:
                                      Best Response, Mark as Resolved or Featured conversation.

This was previously available in Communities site template.

21 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Import Groups & Contacts from Skype for Business

With the integration of Skype's features in Microsoft Teams, is there a way to export/import your Contacts and Groups from Skype into Microsoft Teams?

For someone that has been using Teams for over a year now, this would be very useful tool.

As to perform this task of creating Groups, adding the people to them both internal and external manually would take several hours.

Let me know if I can assist.

174 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Allow us to move/copy existing channel to another Teams

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
                                          Microsoft Teams のチームの配下に作成済みのチャネルを、別のチームへ、移動 / 複製ができるよう機能の拡充を希望します。
                                          Allow us to move/copy existing channel to another Teams

■Description(内容):
                                          Microsoft Teams でチームの配下に追加したチャネルをタブの追加などを実施して細かく作成をしているものがあった場合に、他チームへチャネルの移動 / 複製ができると非常に利便性が向上すると考えております。現段階では、チャネルの作り直しや、新規作成で利用をしておりますが非常に工数がかかるように感じられます。
                                          工数削減のためにも、チャネルを他のチームへ移動 / 複製が可能となるよう機能の拡充を希望します。

I would like to have the feature to move/copy channel which is including many tabs from one Teams to another. In current feature, we need to recreate exactly same channel as we want to copy, or just create new one and those process take a lot of time.

To reduce these work load, please implement the feature to move/copy existing channel to another Teams.

Thank you for your consideration.

8 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 69 70
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base