Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Would like the ability to create a reminder or task from a message

In Slack there is an ability to click message options and set a reminder to take action on that message at some later date, e.g., remind me about this tomorrow or in 1 hour, etc. I think they use their "slackbot /" commands to create this reminder. In Teams, it would be nice to have this ability or to create a task to take action on a message at some later time. Thanks!

1,335 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

106 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    try this instead  ·  Suphatra responded

I really like the suggestion of creating an alarm on a message, so you come back to it. I’ve passed this on to our engineering team.

Meanwhile, here’s another feature you can utilize for the same purpose — use our “bookmark” button, which is in the upper right corner of every message. This will save that message or thread directly to your profile. To access your saved messages, just click your face in the upper left corner of the product. You’ll see a tab in the left rail that says “Saved.” This is like a list of little reminders.

Hope that helps! :-)

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

2. Describe most common use cases, and best practices

I see that some people are already deep into MS Teams. However before we jump into MS Teams, we want to see some use cases and how to use Sharepoint, MS Office user groups, Skype for Business, and MS Teams in those use cases.
    For instance a use case could be as follows:
    The food processing plant wants to add 3 mixers. The plant manager needs to talk first with the CFO about its cost break even analysis and ROI, with purchasing about possible vendors and mixer costs, with plant people about installation, training and usage, and with the warehouse…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is GREAT feedback. Thank you! We’re working on a blog series and we’ll be sure to include use cases, thanks to your feedback.

Meanwhile, please see this website for adoption and best practices for Teams: www.successwithteams.com

Let me know if you need anything else!

Sincerely,

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

3. Live editing of tabbed documents

This would apply to all things. I find it cumbersome that I need to open a new tab to edit the document that is right in front of me. Would love to be able to edit right there in that tab and see others doing the same. Collaboration levels would increase.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Less like Chat, more like Threads

People don't really use the reply in Chat very much. So when everyone is creating a new conversation there are a ton of UI elements all over the place making the whole window very cluttered.

I'd suggest adding a Subject Line to the conversation so that there is a quick summary though for the thread.

Then it would be nice to be able to click into that thread so you don't see all of the other chats.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We actually do have a subject line.

If you click the little pencil in your text field, the text field will expand and you can write a title for your message.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base