Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix the Teams Meeting Addin for Outlook

There are two things that are critically broken:

1. The Teams Meeting Addin for Outlook never works out of the box. Even on a fresh installation of Office 365 ProPlus and Teams, the Teams Meeting addin never loads. We have to manually go to each user's computer and close Teams and Outlook and then manually register the Microsoft.Teams.AddinLoader.dll, then start Teams, then Outlook to get it to work. And then the next time Teams updates (which is frequently), the Addin breaks and disappears.

2. The Teams Meeting Addin for Outlook does not work if we use federated authentication. All our users MFA…

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need PHONE SYSTEM licenses from Office 365 Business licenses (not just Enterprise)!

Currently MS Teams can only add phone functionality at the Enterprise level. O365 prevents users at the Office 365 Business Premium from accessing phone services. Changing from Business Premium to E3 is an extra $7.50/mo plus phone access at $8/mo plus the actual domestic subscription! A personal Skype Pro number only costs $6.50 per month!

232 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Document Set in Teams

Make document sets from Sharepoint Available in Teams, or give us the full Sharepoint Document Library feature Set.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Need to access to SPO sites even when the conditional access has been set on Teams mobile app

I would like you to enable to access to SPO sites when the conditional access has been set on Teams mobile app. If I configured the conditional access on Teams desktop client or mobile app, I receive an error and can’t access to the SPO site when trying to open it from the SPO tab. We can access to the site from Web client on PC as a workaround, but it is inconvenient.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. please fix teams to office presence.

please fix the issue with native teams and office presence. Without Skype its broken.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Want to use the wildcard search in Teams email integration

It would be great if we could use the wildcard search in Teams email integration.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Device call controls need to work with both Teams and Skype, priority should be selectable

Device call controls need to work with both Teams and Skype, priority should be selectable. Currently, if both the Skype client and the Teams client is active on the desktop, the Skype client gets control of 3rd party devices like Jabra headsets. Users should be able to select which program gets control of the calling device.

Currently, I need to close Skype before I start a Teams call in order for Teams to interoperate with the headset properly and allow device buttons (like mute) to work. If Skype is up, it maintains control.

Please address.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Set user's coexistence mode per global policies (not api, not org-wide setting)

In order to manage and organize a Skype to Teams transition in big enterprises, it may be required to assign a specific coexistence modes to different groups of users.
    For example: Teams-only for one group and Skype for Business only for the other group.

Problem 1
    Org-wide setting includes guest accounts as well. Assuming that the Skype group is the bigger group at the beginning of a transition, you can not apply a SfB only org-wide setting because it will hit also guest accounts (which leads to no chat).

Problem 2
    Setting single user's coexistence mode with api is not…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add Cisco CUBE to Supported/Certified SBC's for Direct Routing

Please work to certify/support Cisco CUBE as supprted SBC's for Teams Direct Routing

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to choose which Channel to share to in Yammer tab when using "Share to Channel"

Currently when Yammer is connected as a tab in a Channel, some functionality is removed from the yammer page, such as "Copy link to clipboard" and this is replaced with "Share to Channel".

It would be great if you could then choose which channel you would like to share to.

My Team has a yammer page available to the whole company and we are responsible for dozens of different services. We have a Team channel dedicated for each service. We have the Yammer tab on the General channel. Instead of having to add yammer as a tab to each channel,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Student scribe on teachers shared screen

When the teacher is sharing the screen, allow the teacher the ability to provide access to a scribing tool for students. Students wont have ability to control the screen, but can use pens to write on a display screen, like on a whiteboard. As a math teacher I allow students to wrote and show their work on my teacher created smartboards to be more engaging. The zoom website has this feature and I had 6 students all at the same time working on different problems. It was engaging.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Integration into outlook inbox. Allowing people to convert email message threads to teams chats

Integration into outlook inbox. Allowing people to convert email message threads to teams chats

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow the ability to paste customise hyper links into Teams to open a locally installed application.

We want to have the ability to paste a customised URL into Teams chat/channels. This will allow us to paste hyper links in the same way we paste them into Skype for Business chats.
    This was removed from Skype for Business/Lync with KB2956174 and I fought with Ticket REG:116051614167831 to have the functionality restored for over 2 years.
    Now this has been restored, MS removed it in Teams but wants everyone to move to Teams.
    The lack of this functionality is a roadblock to us moving forward with the full Teams integration.
    The link we want to use looks like…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I want the ability to send or receive SMS texts within Teams.

I want the ability to send or receive SMS texts within Teams. This was not possible with Skype for Business but is possible through regular Skype. The addition of this feature would convince more companies and government organizations to fully adopt Teams--especially Operations Centers needing the ability to quickly contact personnel.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Function to display a schedule made in an Office 365 group site within a team on Microsoft Teams

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Office 365 グループ サイトで作成した予定表を Microsoft Teams のチーム内で表示させる機能
    Function to display a schedule made in an Office 365 group site within a team on Microsoft Teams

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams のチームに紐づいている Office 365 グループ サイトで作成した予定表を当該のチーム内で表示させる機能が現在は用意されていません。
    Microsoft Teams 上のチーム内でもグループの予定表が展開できるとより利便性が向上できるので機能の拡充を要望します。
    There is no provision of a function where a schedule created in an Office 365 group site connected to a Teams team can be displayed within that team.
    We think it would be more convenient if you could deploy such schedules within the team on Microsoft Teams, so would like to see that function added.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add Dynamics 365 connectors which can be used in Microsoft Teams

I would like you to add Dynamics 365 connectors which can be used in Microsoft Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow Video calling to facebook portal hardware (abliity to invite into a call)

Allow Video calling to facebook portal hardware (abliity to invite into a call)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The Outlook "New Teams Meeting" button should respect the "End appointments and meetings early" setting

"End appointments and meetings early" is a new but very useful setting that lightly enforces good meeting discipline. It works for the regular "New Appointment" and "New Meeting" buttons, but not for the "New Teams Meeting" button. This should be fixed so all create calendar buttons exhibit the same useful behaviour.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. statusmessage from calendar

I have the option to create a Statusmessage in teams where i can tell people what i am currently doing to tell them if i have time or not. What i'm missing is the option to fill here the current appointment from my calendar with its timeframe. Would it be possible to add an option to autopublish non-private appointments from my calendar to the teams-statusmessage automatically? This would help me alot and save time reminding some people that i currently have no time to answer.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base