Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.   

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Give presenter ability to unmute individual students.

Teachers of pre-K, Kindergarten, and 1st grade desperately need to be able to unmute students when we call on them to respond. So much valuable time is wasted waiting for students to try to unmute themselves. Then the other students get restless and you easily lose their attention. We want them to be able to participate as much as possible but we often have to wait up to a minute before they finally unmute. This means less that we can plan for, as well as student frustration that they did not get a turn to respond or share. Or long…

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Customize Video Screens layout

It would be great to have the ability to customize the layout when in a Teams call. Specifically, I would like to be able to move all the participant video screens across the bottom to the top of the screen...with the content being displayed under all the participant video screens.

Thank You!

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make Hansoft links work

Hansoft Links do not work at the moment. They are formatted as a hyperlink but are not clickable. Example of a link:
    hansoft://pm.myhansoftserver.com;Company$20projects;abcd1234/Task/123456789?ID=1234

They work from Outlook & web browsers so would be a great Teams usability improvement.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow Use of Nonbreaking Space in Word (to Keep Text Together) When Sharing Screen in Teams

I cannot use the Microsoft keyboard shortcut for Word to keep text together (Ctrl + Shift + space) when I'm sharing my screen in Teams. Teams uses that shortcut key to go to the sharing toolbar.

When I share my screen in Teams to collaborate on a document, I need to be able to designate what text to keep together. Currently, I have to stop sharing in Teams, designate what text to keep together, then reshare my screen. This is not very conducive to our meeting. Also, there are too many instances to keep track of to perform this task…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Schedule Teams meeting from Google G-Suite mail and calendar

My company uses G-Suite. I want to show them the power of Teams for calls and meetings as a first step to moving to Office 365. But we need to be able to schedule a Teams meeting from a Google Calendar invite in order to start using Teams. Google Calendar has several existing integrations to other meeting platforms like Zoom, WebEx, etc. I would love to see a Teams integration similar to the WebEx integration on Google's marketplace -

"The Cisco Webex integration for G Suite lets users schedule Webex meetings and Webex Personal Room meetings directly from Google Calendar…

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Expand gallery view to multiple pages so all attendees can be seen.

Teachers using Microsoft Teams are unable to see all of the students, even when using Large Gallery View. Previously, our school used Zoom, and you could easily swipe to another page to see people who don't fit on the first page. It is critical that we can see our students and that they know we can see them. Currently, whoever does not fit into the large gallery view just shows up with their initials at the bottom of the screen. Very frustrating and disappointing for both teachers and students. Please fix!!!

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Microsoft Teams now offers support for NDI, but it still needs improvement

Microsoft Teams now offers support for NDI, but it still needs improvement:

• First, please remove the Microsoft Teams' logo from the top right corner.

• Each participant in the meeting has his/her NDI video source, but there are no individual audio sources: instead, all audio sources now combine all the microphones in the meeting. Please, make them individual.

• There's so much delay between audio and video when using NDI sources that it becomes unsustainable to broadcast meetings while it is active. We need to get rid of this delay!

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Link or mirror a channel or a bucket to an other team

If you works an buckets or Tasks which are als importatnt to have those information in an other project - it helps if channels or buckets can linked or mirrored in an other project /Teams

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Grant-CsTeamsVideoInteropServicePolicy needs to be able to be applied to Groups/OUs

For CVI, you need to run Grant-CsTeamsVideoInteropServicePolicy for either all users in a tenant or individuals. We should be able to apply this to groups/OUs. It's possible to script granting members in a group these permissions, however, this is not dynamic.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fix the Teams Meeting Addin for Outlook

There are two things that are critically broken:

1. The Teams Meeting Addin for Outlook never works out of the box. Even on a fresh installation of Office 365 ProPlus and Teams, the Teams Meeting addin never loads. We have to manually go to each user's computer and close Teams and Outlook and then manually register the Microsoft.Teams.AddinLoader.dll, then start Teams, then Outlook to get it to work. And then the next time Teams updates (which is frequently), the Addin breaks and disappears.

2. The Teams Meeting Addin for Outlook does not work if we use federated authentication. All our users MFA…

139 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow us to add multiple external users to a team chat without having to do complicated work arounds

Adding users as guest to your ORG is a horrible idea, i never switch to other orgs cos then I cant see org team updates and external users also don't like swapping org's, I can fiddle teams by creating a meeting and inviting external users and then pinning that chat but after a while my chat is full of pinned conversations, also when I want to add a non org person to a chat it will only allow guest users to be added

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enable Stereo Sound for Music Teaching / Events

Can we have synchronous stereo sound as trying to deliver a piece of music and talking at the same time favours voice and cuts out the music making it impossible to teach.

I'm sure this is an industry-wide issue and as Teams is mono, as far as I know, it would be enormously helpful and allow my institution to use this to deliver our Music and Performing Arts courses!

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Regarding Teams used on shared PCs managed by Intune

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Intune 管理下の共有 PC で利用している Microsoft Teams について
    Regarding Teams used on shared PCs managed by Intune

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Intune 管理下の端末にて、Microsoft Teams クライアントの更新を行う場合は、Microsoft Intune よりアンインストール後に、アップデートされたモジュールを再インストールするなどの対応が必要だが、アンインストールし再インストール等行うことなく、自動でアップデートされる機能を実装してほしい。

On devices managed by Intune, if you attempt to update the Teams client, after installing it, you need to reinstall the updated module from Intune. Please make it so this is unnecessary, and updates can happen automatically.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. share button in MS applications

Our teams spend a lot of time fidgeting around to locate which app/window to present during a meeting. Can the share button in apps like word, excel, powerpoint (especially ppt), be a single click within the app that would present it in the active meeting?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Re-thread button to thread accidental new messages

Frequently, someone types in a new message thread, when they mean to Reply to an existing thread. Flowdock (a similar app) allows you to re-thread these new messages into the last thread you wrote in with a single click. This would be a fantastic feature.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enable saving of daily chats on Outlook under a folder called "chats".

Once a chat is completed, the chat history should be able to be saved on Outlook under a folder called "chats". Since @teams saves all the historic chat, the options should allow the user to choose (based on dates) how much of the chats should be saved.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. personal mute light FOR WHEN I AM MUTED OR NOT

personal mute light FOR WHEN I AM MUTED OR NOT (that doesn't disappear)

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Integrate Teams with Synergy by Edupoint

I am a Technology Coordinator in a rural school system. We employ Synergy by Edupoint as our Student Information System. A representative group of our teachers want TEAMS to be our official tool for online instruction and learning management. Google Classroom fully integrates with Synergy seamlessly accommodating student rosters, assignments and grades; TEAMS does not. Will TEAMS develop integration with Synergy by Edupoint for use in the 2020-2021 school year that begins July 27? I think it is called an API (in GoogleSpeak anyway).

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Admin items on Skype for Business

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Skype for Business の管理項目について
    Admin items on Skype for Business

■Description(内容):
    今後 Skype for Business のサポート終了予定があるが、現在アイランドモードを利用しているということもあるため、外部アクセスなどを管理する項目を Microsoft Teams に引き継ぐ機能を要請いたします。

Skype for Business is set to leave support, but to allow it to be used in island mode, please make it possible to pull admin items such as external access etc. into Teams.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. We need more pinned chats avail than 13 or 15.

the restriction on Pinned chats and the inability to make custom pinned groups is debilitating when working in an IT capacity.
    Please make custom groups and unlimited number of pinned available.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 36 37
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base