Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop Mobile Teams Meetings from Being Interrupted by Mobile Phone Calls

When in a Teams meeting on Mobile Teams and we receive a mobile phone call to the mobile phone line, we are completely disconnected from the meeting. The mobile phone line call should only be shown as a toast and soft ring in the background instead of completely disconnecting us from the meeting (quite like getting a second call while on your mobile phone - your current call doesn't disconnect but you hear a soft ring in the background and have the option to reject or accept the call).

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow us to receive the notification from Teams regardless the app is active or not

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のモバイルアプリの通知について。
    Allow us to receive the notification from Teams regardless the app is active or not

■Description(内容):
    現在、Microsoft Teams のモバイルアプリを利用しております。アプリ起動時については通知がされますが、アプリのタスクを終了し、しばらく時間をおいた状態だと通知が届かず非常に不便しております。ビジネスで利用するものであるため、通知がないことで反応が遅れると非常にインパクトも大きいものとなります。
    非アクティブ時、アクティブ時、関係なく通知が正常に行われるよう機能の拡充を希望します。
    When Microsoft Teams mobile apps is active, the notification email is sent, but if it’s not active a while, the notification is not sent. This behavior is very inconvenient and might be a big business impact as I missed the notification.

I would like to receive the notification from Teams regardless the app is active or not.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please extend the Teams Mobile App to work with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay

I'm often on the road and my company relies heavily on online meetings :-) So, we are starting to leverage Teams meetings more and more, so when I'm in my car I need an easy way to join meetings and maybe also read messages. While this is way easier now, than it was in SfB Mobile (thanks!) it would be awesome to have an Android Auto / Apple CarPlay Extension to have a somewhat easier and "nearly hands-free" user experience. This would make me much more productive, even if I'm traveling :-)

524 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Driving Audio Mode

The Teams mobile client needs a Driving Audio Mode. In this mode, the screen sharing and video goes off. The audio controls stay on screen and the mute button is nice and large and easy to hit. With it currently, when I'm driving, I often have to go on and off mute and so I'm having to tap the screen to get the controls to show up, then tap in a very small spot quickly before the controls disappear. This makes me take my concentration off the road too much.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Translation on smartphone

On the desktop we have translation but not on mobile. Please can this be added as a function ?

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add optical character recognition to photographing documents and business cards.

The Teams mobile app on iOS and Android has settings for photographing documents and business cards, and attaching those to a conversation. This is a pretty neat feature, but let's bring it to the next level. It would be pretty cool if it could also optionally convert these same documents into PDFs, and convert business cards into contacts in Teams.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bluetooth capability on Android app

Android app does not have Bluetooth capability. Please add this asap.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. View Pinned Chats in mobile app

Showing pinned chats t the top of the Recent Chat list works great in the desktop app. It is especially nice for pinning named group chats. But this functionality doesn't appear in the mobile app. Users should also be able to view pinned chat groups in the mobile app.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enable editing of Wiki pages in the Teams Mobile App

Currently Wiki pages are read only in the Mobile App. Please make them read/write so we can make a quick change to a Wiki page while on the go. Thanks :-)

318 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Dark Mode

Dark mode for both android and iOS will be great. Two big reason in my opinion save battery and looks way better. Thank you

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Shut down it forever

Life of an employee is already full of unnecessary bureaucracy and management and now this app that is 5th Horseman of the Apocalypse. After using your app during the year, my favorite job has become into horror and suffering of filling intolerable pain. I have a kid and wife, also an old sick mother, please, Lord, please, show compassion, shut down the "Microsoft Teams",

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Share live location

I really like the location feature in 2016 Business Skype. It know when I move between my two facilities at work and it also remembers my home location. This should be a feature in Microsoft Teams.

Dale

159 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  14 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Opening office apps (like planner) inside the teams app, similar to the desktop app.

Similar to the desktop app, tabbed apps should open inside the mobile app instead of the browser.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. customize mobile notifications

Ability to customize and differentiate mobile notifications from desktop notifications.

For instance, only receive mobile notifications for chat and mentions while receiving notifications for followed groups, mentions, chats, channel tags, etc. on desktop.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. View of meetings in Teams app

The meeting schedules does not show beyond one week in Microsoft Teams mobile apps. I would like to see the schedules more than one week.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Light Background for Wiki in Dark Mode

When using mobile devices in Darkness Mode, the wiki tab is not legible. Perhaps adding a lighter background could help.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Share live location

On 2019-01-09 location sharing was delivered https://venturebeat.com/2019/01/09/microsoft-teams-location-sharing-smart-camera-audio-messages/

However (apparently - I haven't tried it yet) this only allows someone to share their current location. i.e. Their location at the time that it is shared.
    It doesn't support live location tracking whereby I can share my updated location for a set period of time. To me that it hugely more useful just sharing current location. On whatsapp I just 'share live location" almost every day, I never use "share current location".

I shall restate a scenario that I originally posted here: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16926214-add-location-function

When I'm using the mobile app I want to…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Status note on mobile

Have the ability to include a status note (textbox) in the mobile Teams app. Ability is there only on the desktop. Also, the status note (expanded beyond one day) doesn’t seem to retain.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Mobile Outlook app appointment needs Teams option

The Outlook app has the option to create an appointment as a Skype For Business meeting. Unfortunately there is no option to create an appointment as Teams meeting. This is needed heavily as a Teams Only user. Please get in touch with the mobile Outlook app team to overcome this missing feature.
    Thank you very much!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 32 33
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base